rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RVF Big Guns Meetup #2 April 2016 - Manila

Bit of a late write up this, so my memory is very hazy (it was already pretty hazy after two solid nights out drinking I did at the time) but I'll recall what I can...

[Image: article-1349072-0CD7C631000005DC-407_634x425.jpg]

So, after the resounding success that was the first BGM meet up in Bangkok, we decided to do it all again.

This time the city of choice was Manila, Philippines. Myself, Papi Rico, Male Defined and Global made the trip for the second BGM while Yard Dog, Tokyo Joe and Balls Deep were making their BGM debuts. Quite the line up.

Personally I've always found Manila to be a bit a little overrated on the forum and in the wider manosphere circles from my experience in previous trips. As reading between the lines it seemed to be more of a place to mow through hoards of pipelined filipinas to pad out your batting average as long as you aren't fussed with quality. However, I'm more of a nightlife animal and I don't really bother with the whole online thing. Instead I prefer to do my picking up via a banging big night out with a solid crew. And boy did we have a crew for this round. So things were looking up...

The high end bottle service nightclub Revel was the venue of choice. It worked perfectly as a great place to book a table for our large party, but in addition gives us the option of access to the larger (and more chaotic) Pool Palace club and Valkyrie nightclub for us to chase some fluff later on in the night. We already had a solid connection in Papi's friend 'Stan' (non-RVF member) who had recently moved there and wasted no time in mixing it up with the big hitters of the nightscene. He had an impressive array of connections only superseded by his impressive array of conquests as a result of some tightly executed social circle game. He had only been in town a manner of weeks but you would have thought he had been there for months. On top of this our Manila resident RVF representative Yard Dog had the nightscene down cold and knew plenty people not mention his own hareem of very tidy chicks to boot. I was very much looking forward to meeting these players for the first time. But I was especially looking forward to finally meeting the one and only Tokyo Joe who was rocking up on the Saturday.

As standard the Manila BGM whatsapp group chat was kicked off a couple days in advance. And as standard it was 95% inane banter and 5% actual useful information. However it was obvious this was a group who were going to gel well from the off. You could feel the anticipation building in the exchange of all the 'on my way boys' plane selfies with beers and thumbs up, we knew we were in for an absolute session later on that night.

Coming from Singapore I arrived late to the party but seeming just at the right time. Papi and Stan were already knee deep in working some girls at adjacent tables. Global pulling the strings and Male Defined already well buzzed with the biggest grin in the house. I barely had time to say hi before I was force fed a generously measured free pour vodka, and it was hugs and hi-fives all round. Yard Dog makes an entrance, fuck me he's tall. Super sound guy, very laid back and seemed to know everyone in the club. Smoothly introduces me to everyone, including some very cool wingmen pals of his, and he is making sure all were having a good time. Balls Deep then shows up. Gives me his standard greeting “hows it going faggot?”. Then is straight into the action.

My memory from this point of the night is EXTREMELY hazy, but I'm sure the other guys can chime in with more details. It was unfortunately a bit of a cockfest in the club but the few decent chicks that were kicking about got the full BGM treatment. Papi as ever got a result. That guy could get laid in the Sahara. Stan was bringing over chick after chick to the table. One particularly tidy bird I recall getting bounced around 3 or 4 of the BGM delegates like a pinball. No idea WTF was going on there. I ended up bouncing into the main Valkyrie club and picking up a bunch of chicks at the bar. By the looks of them none were going to be winning Miss Philippines anytime soon so offloaded them to a Sri Lankan stag party who's table I randomly ended up at. To which the best man showed his appreciation by constantly offering me (a seemingly endless supply of) coke. Sharing is caring.

Given the 3G was so shitty everyone seemed to get scattered. I had no idea where anyone was. Or where I was for that matter. After mulling over whether to take home a fairly sub-par chick who was keen, I decide instead that I will probably hate myself too much in the morning so I instead roll solo to after hours club 'Time'. I love a good dodgy grimy after hours place and this place, although not for everyone, hit the spot. Unfortunately I can literally remember fuck all what happened in there that night until getting home at about 11am (via Wendys. Then Starbucks). A hell of a big night but disappointing on the birds front. Some of the other guys got some action at least tho.

The following day (or rather a few hours later that same day) I wake up, starving. Papi and Stan are having lunch at some cafe so I go meet up with them and order ourselves up a feast. The boys are on the sauce already so it would have been rude not to get a cheeky San Miguel in myself. One by one the guys arrive and we exchange stories of the random shenanigans they got up to the night before. Stan wins 'most random encounter of the night' by apparently ending up in some TV celebrity's van parked outside the club with some chicks and a shit tonne of alcohol (among other things I'm sure). Stan then quickly learns the hard way the type of crew he's dealing with, as he is from that point onwards re-labelled 'Rape Van Stan'...

Tokyo Joe then rocks up having flown in that day to join the party. Super cool dude if I ever met one. We fill him in on the previous night's antics. From what we could remember anyway. The vibe was great, all of us shooting the shit and having a laugh over food and beers. It really felt like we were the modern day rat pack and I felt a sense of pride to be among this table of legends. Then unbeknownst to us, the ever generous Tokyo Joe picks up the cheque. We tried to give him some cash but he was having absolutely none of it. What a guy [Image: pimp.gif]

Again we had a table booked in Revel for Saturday round 2 and this time it was a much better night clientele wise. There certainly was a lot more fluff kicking about and less thirsty dudes on the hunt. As well with Tokyo Joe having joined us we were also up to a full squad. Another banging solid night out and everyone was on form. I end up getting my Korean flag randomly (didn't see that one coming). Having started with necking a decent (but very much unspectacular) filipina chick, then upgrading to a much hotter filipina chick I brought back from the Valkyrie club, before upgrading again to the Korean chick at the death. All the other guys are doing damage. Papi and TJ have locked down some solid looking ladies. A few of us also almost get duped by a table of very convincing looking ladyboys. Luckily we get tipped off by one of the staff. I say 'we', I mean everyone except Rape Van Stan...whom we decide to hold off telling for a while for a bit of a laugh. Yard Dog is working the room like a pro. Male Defined and Balls Deep are taking no prisoners neither. Everyone seems to be with a different chick every time I look around. And the girls are loving it too. Global starts breaking out the dancemoves with a couple of girls, throwing some serious shapes. I end up in the Valkyrie club bar close to kicking out time with TJ. Both of us with solid chicks and having a ball. We exchange a knowing look, then a handshake and I bail with my chick. No afterparty club for me this time, it's straight back to the condo and fade to black. Korea has fallen.

The following day we meet up around Burgos circle (cracking area by the way, highly recommended area to base up for anyone travelling to Manila). Again the stories and the banter are exchanged about the various happenings of the night before while everyone is nursing hangovers. The dust has barely settled on the night before when we are already hatching plans for the next big meetup.

Eventually I need to bail and head to the airport. It would take me nearly 3 days to get back up to full functioning order on my return to Singapore. But was still worth it.

Another very solid BGM. Fantastic camaraderie and another couple of quality guys added to the Big Guns roster. Not to mention another couple of great friends made. Should I ever return to Manila or Tokyo now I know I have some great guys to hang out with.

This is what it's all about gents. Long may it continue.

[Image: cd56dc2c37949ba5f89e65c80ff56258.jpg]

Note: This report was written while on a flight to BGM 3 - details to follow...

Irish

A few points:

Find guys you click with. Not every RVF member is meant to click perfectly with each other. Over time you'll gravitate to other men that fit best with your personality. I've hung out with Tokyo Joe on four different land masses(I wonder if he can name them), shared an apartment the size of my armpit with papi rico, and have booked an airbnb under my name for Global Entry. If a guy doesn't seem trustworthy, go with your gut.

It's not all about gaming. I didn't get laid at BGM II - but I still had a blast. Last I checked, I didn't lose PUA points or get excommunicated from the group.

I found higher end Manila girls absolutely gorgeous and also very difficult. I had one girl hooked who looked pure bred Spanish, almost white skin, but couldn't close because she didn't want her driver to tell her family she asked to be driven somewhere besides her apartment. We kissed goodnight outside the club and she promptly got into a Mercedes SUV. We exchanged info on Facebook where I found out she runs an architecture and design company. It definitely takes some networking with guys in the know in Manila or second dates if you want to consistently pull high end there.

It's true, papa rico could get laid in the Sahara. Well any of us probably could with the requisite effort, but papi's game is perfectly calibrated for a big night out at the club.

Stay tuned for BGM III - The siege of Saigon.

[Image: 1389636559000-e01-murray-buzz-23.jpg]

Cheers to the Magnificent Gentlemen of the BGM! (and never mind that I'm only holding a cranberry & soda)

A few quick shout-outs --

To MaleDefined aka 'The Bulldozer'. MD was the one responsible for introducing me to the Big Guns of Asia. I couldn't make BGM-1 in Bangkok but it was my honor to crash the second half of BGM-2, and I look forward to many more and to meeting the rest of this elite gang I'm lucky to be in cahoots with. And MD, my good friend, the four island landmasses were MANHATTAN, HONSHU, BORACAY, and LUZON. We will be making joint incursions into major continents soon enough.

To Irish. IRISH AND THE NIGHTCLUB! -- Don't try to tell me there are any two things not dying to be brought together. I have been kicking around God's green earth for decades but never had I seen a man more harmonized with the sublime energies of a club than Irish in his natural element. It beggars belief and defies description. He was soft-selling the story in his excellent summary of the weekend, but let me clarify: Rather early on during that Saturday night he started with an eminently fuckable pinay under his arm, but after a while he pulled me aside, shaking his head, and insisting, "No no Joey, this is no good. No good at all. Can do better than this!" Sure enough, twenty minutes later he had wrangled up an even hotter piece, who was all up in his shorts. But no, still just getting warmed up. No doubt there was an unseen upward step or two in between, but in the twinkling of an eye he had a tall, Bibimbap-hot Korean with a beautiful face (untouched by the surgeon's knife) hanging all over him. I saw her up close in the flesh and I saw the naughty pics later ;-) -- and to call her 'tidy' would be a gross understatement. A very difficult flag captured from a great height in unforgiving terrain...

To YardDog. Our Man in Manila. The towering YD has carved out a sweet life for himself in the Philippines. He was extremely generous in introducing his excellent local friends to all of us, and he dished out all the intel on the local scene, the womenfolk, and far-flung corners of the country well beyond Manila itself. Hats off to YD for his terrific hospitality.

To Global Entry. During that big Saturday night outing to the club, I did not have a chance to talk much with GE, but the two of us spent a great deal of time together over the following days. GE is The Wise Man of the group. First, he sat me down and straightened my heretofore sorry ass out regarding how to play the airline/hotel/general travel points-miles-rewards game: which credit cards to apply for, how to use them, which sites to use and how, etc. He even lined up a $1500 R/T business class flight for me from Tokyo to NW Europe for an approaching trip. Then another night he took me on a fascinating guided tour deep into the seedier underside of Manila, into the verses of a Tom Waits song, ending at a club way off the beaten track where nary a whiteface is seen (and where we each picked up some passable poon). Let me add that on another night, GE took down one of the best looking pinays (a flawlessly brown muslim from Mindanao) I met during my entire 29-day stay in the Phils.

To BallsDeep. Just as with GE, I wasn't able to talk to BD much at all during the main event on Saturday, but we re-connected one-on-one later for some long talks. BD, who is running a serious business clear from one end of the globe to the other, gave me the low-down on a number of countries and cities I'm hoping to visit. More importantly, he shared with me some golden business-structuring advice (which I am already following up on) that could save me a huge bundle. Also -- I appreciate that he humored old Tokyo Joe by listening carefully to my pet theories on how a man can look and feel young well into his forties and beyond.

To Papi Rico. He of the Cheshire Cat Grin! Papi may be the one man most comfortable in his own skin that I have ever met. Calm, cool and collected at every turn, and suave with the ladies, whether it's 3 a.m. at the club, 3 p.m. at the beach, or bouncing from one place to another at any time in between. Just remember, with old Papi the journey will take four times longer than you expected. Thanks especially for the Boracay memories, PR.

And I would be remiss not to give a closing shout out to young but precocious "Rape Van Stan"! Rumor has it you are joining the Forum, guy. That's outstanding news -- looking forward to many more stories from you. And thanks for the darts, kid... I'm off them again, for now.

To borrow a sentiment from my new friend Irish -- Who the fuck would have thought that I could meet the likes of each of you Glorious Bastards off an internet forum !?

Stay great and peace out,
TJ

Quote: (05-03-2016 06:54 AM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Find guys you click with. Not every RVF member is meant to click perfectly with each other. Over time you'll gravitate to other men that fit best with your personality. I've hung out with Tokyo Joe on four different land masses(I wonder if he can name them), shared an apartment the size of my armpit with papi rico, and have booked an airbnb under my name for Global Entry. If a guy doesn't seem trustworthy, go with your gut.

Agreed. We come from all sorts of different backgrounds, are different ages and live life in very different ways. Its natural you're not going to get along with everyone. As far as I am concerned as long as a guy is chilled out, trust worthy, gets banter and knows how to party, he's alright in my book. Being any good at picking up chicks is almost irrelevant to me. However, if you take the whole game and pickup thing way too seriously, I probably won't have a whole lot of time for you.

Papi is the guy I have by far hung out with the most. Clicking from the off we seem to have formed a bit of a double act blazing a party trail round SEA. As of writing we have done Ho Chi Minh (twice), Taipei, Bucharest, Bali, Jakarta (numerous times), Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Bangkok. Each time it's been blast and an absolute session. And this is a guy who I hadn't even PM'd directly, instead I was referred to him from another member I was planning to meet up with but was leaving the country. So he subbed Papi in, and the rest is history. Life is funny that way...

It's not all about gaming. I didn't get laid at BGM II - but I still had a blast. Last I checked, I didn't lose PUA points or get excommunicated from the group.

I found higher end Manila girls absolutely gorgeous and also very difficult. I had one girl hooked who looked pure bred Spanish, almost white skin, but couldn't close because she didn't want her driver to tell her family she asked to be driven somewhere besides her apartment. We kissed goodnight outside the club and she promptly got into a Mercedes SUV. We exchanged info on Facebook where I found out she runs an architecture and design company. It definitely takes some networking with guys in the know in Manila or second dates if you want to consistently pull high end there.

It's certainly not all about 'gaming'. That is just one element of many. For me its more about connecting and bonding with solid likeminded guys. Be it for partying, chasing skirt, business, travel, sports, or just plain shooting the shit over a few beers. Every guy has his own interests and areas of expertise, and when we all put our heads together we can achieve greater things.

For me one of the tell tale signs that a guy takes pick up too seriously (and a pet peeve of mine) is someone obsessed with keeping score. And is very keen to remind you that if you didn't pull in a weekend that you are "0 for 2". Luckily none of the BGM guys are like that as, for me, this is a dead giveaway that someone is picking up chicks primarily to impress other dudes. I couldn't give a flying fuck how many chicks you've banged if they're all garbage. My focus for a BGM, or any meetup, is having a great night with great guys. If I get laid, great. But the priority is bonding with the guys and making solid friends and contacts for the future, and countless times I have knocked back a sure thing early doors to keep the party going.

The Philippines and Manila has the reputation in the wider manosphere for being 'easy'. But we all know the guys who say this aren't going to nightclubs of the likes of Revel. Nor banging girls remotely close the the caliber of girl you get in there. With the Friday being particularly cock heavy and you needing to bail early on Saturday night for your early morning flight, it's certainly no shame you didn't get a result. Nor do any of the BGM guys give the slightest fuck either way. We'd all rather be mixing it with the hotties in the top end places, even if it means striking out more often than not, than spending your weekend in your hotel room mowing through a conveyor belt of pipelined tinder crap to pad out your record.

For those guys who are obsessed with the stats. Please note pretty much ANYONE can get laid ANYWHERE if they aim low enough...

Stay tuned for BGM III - The siege of Saigon

Looking forward to it [Image: pimp.gif]

Irish

Quote: (05-03-2016 09:04 AM)Tokyo Joe Wrote:  

To Irish. IRISH AND THE NIGHTCLUB! -- Don't try to tell me there are any two things not dying to be brought together. I have been kicking around God's green earth for decades but never had I seen a man more harmonized with the sublime energies of a club than Irish in his natural element. It beggars belief and defies description. He was soft-selling the story in his excellent summary of the weekend, but let me clarify: Rather early on during that Saturday night he started with an eminently fuckable pinay under his arm, but after a while he pulled me aside, shaking his head, and insisting, "No no Joey, this is no good. No good at all. Can do better than this!" Sure enough, twenty minutes later he had wrangled up an even hotter piece, who was all up in his shorts. But no, still just getting warmed up. No doubt there was an unseen upward step or two in between, but in the twinkling of an eye he had a tall, Bibimbap-hot Korean with a beautiful face (untouched by the surgeon's knife) hanging all over him. I saw her up close in the flesh and I saw the naughty pics later ;-) -- and to call her 'tidy' would be a gross understatement. A very difficult flag captured from a great height in unforgiving terrain...

[Image: giphy.gif]

You flatter me sir. But I do love a good party and a big night out with my crew.

Wait till I get you on my "home turf" [Image: wink.gif] later on in the year (and when you're back on the sauce [Image: banana.gif] ), that's when shit will get real...

Irish