rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Father Demonstrates Discipline, Internet Warriors To The Rescue

Code:
Code:
A video that shows a father disciplining his 17-year-old son for missing school with a living room boxing match has gone viral.

Quote:Quote:

The father first explains in the video that his son skipped school, which is OK, but since the son didn’t tell the father he skipped school or why, a lesson was in order.

“Granted, I know teachers can be f***ed up so I let him know he can walk out of class, but call me so I’m on your side,” the father tells the camera. ” All day went by, he didn’t call. So now it’s discipline time.”

The father then tells the kid to get his boxing gloves on and the beat-down ensues, leaving the teen in tears with a bloody nose.

Here are some comments from the video, comments range from different sources.

I’d let my husband do that to our teenage son if he is being disrespectful and rude I’d let my husband put his hands on him shit there’s been time when MY own momma has taken me outside to “square up my attitude” I’d rather of learned everything from her instead of the streets

Child abuse, we’ll see if he get locked up for the video.

Ignorant, yes! Why record this and post it? The world doesn’t need to know everything about your life

Discipline is one thing but for me bustin a kids nose up is out of bounds, how can a dad do that to his own child.

Now I have seen a lot of these videos where the dad beat the shit out of their kids, no gloves. This guy was not hitting his child hard except for a few occasions, the kid got a little bloody nose and cried a bit. Are we lacking some good old father discipline now a days? My parents beat the shit out of me all the time and I am pretty sure 100% of the time, I earned it.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

17 years old is not a kid. I see nothing wrong here besides the fact the father recorded and uploaded it for all the world to see.

I agree with disciplining children, physically if need be, but busting up your kid's nose, filming it, and showing it to the internet? Typical hoodrat shit mixed with retarded token social media-generation narcissism. This sort of "discipline" just raises your kids to be violent and anti-social. Father is attention whoring.

It doesn't look to me like that boy's done growing up yet, and his dad had better watch out when he does lol

the kid looks kinda small for a 17 year old. By 17 I was almost my dad's size. Still afraid of him, mind you.

I don't think beating the shit outta your kid is a good way to teach anything, unless the kid is being violent to begin with. But people calling for him to be charged are talking outta their asses.

This guy is an idiot. His discipline is ok, but posting it on the internet clearly shows that he was more interested in likes for being a tough guy than in actually teaching his son a lesson.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The kid looks about a foot shorter and 50-100 pounds lighter.

In no realm of boxing would these two be matched. They don't pair up heavyweights with flyweights. The weight categories were developed for a reason.

I'll go with what HCE said and agree that this is attention-whoring. The Internet warriors might be annoying. But fame-whore parents who pimp out their kids for "likes" are equally as annoying.

Also, how emasculating must this be for a teenage boy? Not only is he getting beat up, he's getting shamed in front of the world.

And by the way, there is a correlation between brain development and child abuse. The more you abuse a kid, the lower the IQ (go here for details).

This doesn't mean you shouldn't spank a kid. This is not an anti-discipline statement. It means don't beat the shit out of them. Being Italian-American, I've always though one reason there are so many stupid Wops is that Italians tend to beat up their kids. We don't spank, we go at them like boxers. That's why we have the deserved rep for being a bunch of low-IQ morons.

I won't speak for other ethnicities or races, but I know I've seen this play out in action in my extended family: The promising, bright boy who has the violent dad. The kid goes from being an articulate A-student in elementary school to a teenager who seems functionally retarded.

Years of being a punching bag have an effect the same way years of violin lessons do. It amazes me Italians treat their boys like Mike Tyson, Jr. yet somehow expect them to grow up to be rational businessmen or doctors. These kids are so crazed with anxiety, they're lucky if they can work at a convenience store.

You raise a kid like garbage and you get garbage for an adult. Or in our case, you get Guidos.

Kids were meant to be disciplined. Sometimes harshly. Kids were not meant to fend off violence in the home and deal with a massive level of paranoia, stress, and shame. You create monsters and morons that way.

I remember when I was a kid I'd always be playing at the neighbor kid's house, but I'd have to go home when it was time for him to get the shit kicked out of him by his alcoholic father. Unsurprisingly, I later found out that kid ended up in prison.

You can take the trash out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the trash.

He gives his son permission to walk out of class (cuz "teachers be fucked up"), but beats him up boxing-style because he didn't call?

The father is trying to position himself as a tough guy, but filming something like this & uploading it to the Internet is pure bitchassness & attention whoring. The punishment is humiliating enough — then Dad has to take the extra step of ensuring the son is humiliated in front of the world?

Part of me is happy to see a black youth who actually knows who his father is, though.

Making your kid's nose bleed is probably crossing the line. Paddle, switch, belt, open hand, take away his xbox - there are several levels of punishment being skipped here. My mom broke a cutting board on me once! But punching is just too far. And, I doubt the kid would be having as many problems if this dude was a better father. At least his dad's around, I guess.

Dude bloodied his kid and put the video on youtube. Dad sounds like a washed up attention whore who can only assert dominance over a child. This was all about him rather than bettering his kid.

I'm all for corporal punishment when your kid fucks up but its 2016 and the line was crossed. He should be held accountable and potentially charged with battery.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Pros: Doesn't lose his temper with his child. Stays in control emotionally, while being firm.

Cons: This isn't how you discipline a 17 year old for cutting school. If your kid was beating up children smaller than him, this might makes sense, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime here. With a 3 year old, pain might be the only way to send a message, but it is going to backfire with teenagers.

I'm the King of Beijing!

They already seem to have taken the video down, it is true what some members comment on about attention whoring and these videos. But is attention more important than going to jail?

This one for example shows no mercy:

This dad stops his son from fighting:

While this one sounds like he is sending the video to someone:

It isn't your job to discipline your kids, citizen.

The biggest thing the father did wrong was upload it to the internet. Further, I don't exactly think the punishment fits the crime. The kid skipped school, so guess what Saturday and Sunday just became? That's right! It's lesson time. I remember cutting out on the second half of the day my Junior year of high school... my mom and dad found out and I spent the entire weekend reading calculus and history textbooks and then being tested. The 3-4 hours I missed of school were definitely not worth it.

I'm against this shit. Whenever I faced abused as a child as General Stalin stated, it just made me anti-social. Every kid is different, though, it's all situational. I was the type of kid that if you took my XBox away, I would straighten up.

Growth Over Everything Else.

And what lesson has the kid learned, exactly? Bearing in mind kids learn a shitload more from their parents' reaction to an issue than to the actual punishment?

I'll suggest one: the kid has learned that when he does something stupid, the consequences are suffered mainly by his parent, not him. Only if you're the primary sufferer of a harm do you generally set out to "right" that wrong by beating the snot out of the person who did it to you. That is, the kid has learned precisely where his father's glass jaw lies: in the ego. The kid knows now, better than anything else, what gets under his father's skin, the absolute best way to piss off the old man: embarrass the old man in public.

And the kid has also learned that he is not a real person in his own right; he is learning that only his father actually matters, not him.

Here's one last disturbing lesson learned: the appropriate way to deflect or wipe away any damage to your self-image as a "good parent" is to do something publicly to your kid, in the hope (or justified expectation) the crowd will agree with you and reinforce your damaged self-image.

Want to know where else this lesson is taught, on a fairly frequent basis? I'll give you a few hints: make the kid female, and make the father from either Islam or some double-digit areas of the Indian subcontinent, and make the girl do something like fuck or get the tingles for a boy of whom the father's society (again: the society, not the father) does not approve. This lesson is also known as the "honour" killing.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I've always been opposed to the physical punishment of children. As DOBA correctly states, there is a clear link between the experience of violence in a person's childhood and retarded cognitive development. Anecdotally, as a teacher, the children I know are being hit at home tend to be more withdrawn and socially maladjusted.

And yet I can't help but think that the application of violence against children is not universally bad. It seems that in certain situations it is the lesser of two evils. The original video has been taken down, but I assume that it was a black father. I have never lived in America and have no first hand knowledge of the black community, but I have seen similar situations in my own country among Polynesian and Somalian communities.

Although I can't condone this man hitting his child, (and definitely don't condone his like-seeking attention whoring), I will say that he deserves credit for being present and influential in his child's life - I was astounded when I read the statistics of fatherless black children in America, something like 70% - (I'd be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong).

So to this situation, I'm going to apply a concept that I generally loathe and reject - that of cultural relativism. Raising a child in a nice White or Asian community must be worlds apart from raising a child in an area where gangs and drugs and violence is a part of life. It's not difficult for most middle class white people to insulate their children from gangs and drugs, at least when they are still economically reliant on their parents. And for these people, there is no excuse for resorting to violence when disciplining their children.

It must be incredibly difficult for a well intentioned black father to raise a child in an area where drugs, gangs, crime and worthless single mothers are prevalent. Within this environment, the virtues of peaceful parenting, as Stefan Molyneux likes to call it, aren't exactly relevant. In a perfect environment, children will be motivated to succeed under the guidance to nurturing and loving parents. In a less than perfect environment, children will be motivated to succeed under the guidance of tough, strict, (perhaps violent when necessary) and loving parents.

Because what is worst? Taking drugs, joining a gang, being arrested and spending your life in prison? Or living in fear of your loving father who will beat the shit out of you if you do any of the above.

This is why I like the RVF.

Every other news source was like "OH NO! Check out what THIS FATHER did to his OWN SON for the WHOLE WORLD TO SEE!" and then it had a picture of the kid all bloodied up like his dad beat the shit out of him for no reason.

Then I log onto the RVF and it's like "Father Demonstrates Discipline, Internet Warriors To The Rescue "

[Image: highfive.gif]

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

If a parent is doing it primarily for himself and his image, it's not discipline.

Heres the video again in case someone missed it or wants to see it again.

horrifying and disgusting to say the least.

Is this supposed to be violent?
The kid has some blood on his white shirt...that's all.

Some parents break bones when they "discipline" their child.

Good job, father! Wounds and humiliation change behavior.

Quote: (04-29-2016 05:10 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

I remember when I was a kid I'd always be playing at the neighbor kid's house, but I'd have to go home when it was time for him to get the shit kicked out of him by his alcoholic father. Unsurprisingly, I later found out that kid ended up in prison.

It seems abusive Father's has the same effect as Fatherlessness. However its better on the whole that children like this are raised by Fathers instead of their Mothers alone.

They are bad and they should improve how they deal with their sons. But one has to start somewhere as far as Patriarchy is concerned.

If one is in the hood raised by a single mother and decides to raise his Kids. Its expected that those videos are the result. As well as off camera incidents as far as they are concerned.

They need better education on how to properly mentor their sons. If they knew what we know after many generations of Patriarchal tradition they will do better.

A gentle and firm Patriarchy is what we propose as many commentators do which in Judaism and Christianity is the model. With Father God as the ideal Patriarch.

Quote: (04-30-2016 11:11 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Good job, father! Wounds and humiliation change behavior.

I think the father has some serious emotional issues of his own. And he fucked up in many ways. He didn't need to go this nuts in making his son bleed. But it seems for some (not saying in this case of the kid), violence is the only way to reach some people. You can't tell me you never met a guy who was a full on dickhead and no matter what you said, nothing got through. And he knew you wouldn't touch him, so he just fed off of being a dick.

But having a little humiliation isn't a bad thing. Allow me to make a small leap from humiliation to shame and pride. Those two things are not bad things. It is the lack of shame in this world that makes everyone think they can do what they want without consequence and look at how that has worked. A bunch of people running around thinking they are the greatest, that their opinion is better than others and calling anyone and everything that doesn't agree with them as hate speech or shitlords.

What the father did was wrong. But a little spanking here and there will toughen someone up also not always break them down. And of course, some respond better to something being taken away from them than being smacked, but everyone is different on how they are motivated to do better.

I got my fair share of spankings and discipline. By both parents. I got made to stand up against a wall while I was being scolded or spanked/hit even. It brought to my attention that my behavior was unacceptable. I learned and moved on.

Society has been disciplining (all forms including physical) children for thousands of years and those children became adults and created great progress (advances in technology, etc.) All of a sudden it is bad?

At the same time there is constant reminder how certain parts of society are lazy and think they deserve everything but don't want to work for it (not everyone - but enough of them do). Is it just coincidence?

And pride. Pride can make you be defiant when maybe you shouldn't, but pride also pushes you to do better. To do it right, to not dishonor yourself or your family. These are not bad things. Pride keeps you from saying, "this is good enough." Pride won't let you fail your brother (not necessarily blood).

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2