rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Giving up Caffine

Giving up Caffine

I searched for this topic but couldn't find anything relevant.

Inspired by the excellent thread on giving up booze for a year, I've successfully been dry for getting on for 6 months now and it feels really really good.

The one thing that would not go away though were once weekly debilitating headaches that were all consuming until I got back to bed that night. When I was drinking, I used to put these headaches down to hangovers and lack of quality restful sleep because of the drinking.

As a side experiment now I've got the alcohol under control, I wanted to try giving up Caffine and just let my body do its own thing and find it's own rhythm.

I'm about a month into this experiment now and aside from an almighty withdrawal headache about 24 hours in, I've noticed the following;

1. I was a little hungrier to start off with. This has faded with time. (Caffine is an appetite suppressant)
2. Those debilitating headaches have GONE. I can only assume that this was to do with keeping the body in a state of constant agitation. Caffine basically hypes up the nervous system.
3. My body now seems to evacuate when it wants but instead of needing a coffee in the morning to prompt a dramatic shit, a cup of hot water with lemon or a herbal tea or an orange juice also works. My body now just shits when it needs to.
4. I feel calmer and I'm making better more rational decisions.
5. I feel like I have more energy. I can pretty much go all day and my body seems in tune with the natural cycle of the day rather than pressing the turbo boost of the coffee button.
6. I sleep like a log.

The downsides that I can see are that when I go out to bars/cafes now, my options are limited to orange juice, herbal teas or soda water. [Image: undecided.gif]. I feel like a monk.

Has anyone else tried this? I realise that this forum is fairly US centric so I might be a heretic as far as some of you are concerned.

Giving up Caffine

I have just realised that there are lots of threads on giving up coffee. Essentially this is the same thread.

I tried to delete but for some reason I cannot. Hopefully one of the mods here will just get rid of it.

Giving up Caffine

Simply edit this thread and change the title and content into "how to ski like a Pro by Skipro".

Give all us parallel "skidders" the best advice on how to progress to the smooth dream of carving.

Giving up Caffine

Quote: (04-16-2016 11:31 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

Simply edit this thread and change the title and content into "how to ski like a Pro by Skipro".

Give all us parallel "skidders" the best advice on how to progress to the smooth dream of carving.

That's on my list. Data sheet coming soon, don't worry.

Giving up Caffine

Quote: (04-16-2016 02:58 PM)Ski pro Wrote:  

Data sheet on ski bunny game - I'm on board with that.

Giving up Caffine

Quote: (04-16-2016 07:16 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Quote: (04-16-2016 02:58 PM)Ski pro Wrote:  

Data sheet on ski bunny game - I'm on board with that.

Scoring ski bunnies is basically AMOG/asshole game. There are so many egos and strong personalities up here it's tough.

Giving up Caffine

What do you guys think is the best way to carve turkey? Electric knife? High carbon steel? I need to up my carving game.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage