rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Soy oil

Soy oil

Is it okay for men to consume soy oil?

I know that soy is bad for men in general. But is soy oil?

Some of the vitamin I have contains soy oil, will this have an adverse affect on my health. I could just give the vitamins to my girlfriend.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Soy oil

Its not great for you, since its high in Omega 6, and not fermented. Traditional soy products like tufu, tamari, natto are made by fermentation which gets rid of some of soy's anti-nutrients. And probably not eating in the quantity Americans eat either. Too much O6 compare to O3 (fish oil and fish) tends to make the body more inflammatory

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12442909

For those that don't want to click.
Quote:Quote:

Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of approximately 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1-16.7/1. Western diets are deficient in omega-3 fatty acids, and have excessive amounts of omega-6 fatty acids compared with the diet on which human beings evolved and their genetic patterns were established. Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today's Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, whereas increased levels of omega-3 PUFA (a low omega-6/omega-3 ratio) exert suppressive effects. In the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, a ratio of 4/1 was associated with a 70% decrease in total mortality. A ratio of 2.5/1 reduced rectal cell proliferation in patients with colorectal cancer, whereas a ratio of 4/1 with the same amount of omega-3 PUFA had no effect. The lower omega-6/omega-3 ratio in women with breast cancer was associated with decreased risk. A ratio of 2-3/1 suppressed inflammation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and a ratio of 5/1 had a beneficial effect on patients with asthma, whereas a ratio of 10/1 had adverse consequences. These studies indicate that the optimal ratio may vary with the disease under consideration. This is consistent with the fact that chronic diseases are multigenic and multifactorial. Therefore, it is quite possible that the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acids will depend on the degree of severity of disease resulting from the genetic predisposition. A lower ratio of omega-6/omega-3 fatty acids is more desirable in reducing the risk of many of the chronic diseases of high prevalence in Western societies, as well as in the developing countries, that are being exported to the rest of the world.

Soy oil

Whenever I hear "soy" anything, I don't even bother with it. The only exception is soy sauce because it is fermented (which somehow destroys the estrogens, I'm no chemist). You have to get the real stuff, though, most of the store bought shit is just caramel food coloring and salt. You might as well be using diet soda at that point.

I know guys who take soy protein in the form of shakes, some even eat tofu and it might not do much to them - at least not now - but I'd rather spend a little extra on chicken or beef than gamble on whether or not my dick will work in 20 years.

Given that there are so many different oils to choose from, many of them containing the "good" fats, just pick those instead of gambling. Most of us are Omega 3 deficient, so it would be good to pick a fat with a healthy ratio of that to offset all the feedlot fed meat you're probably eating.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Soy oil

is miso soup ok then?

Soy oil

20 Foods High in Estrogen

Based on the research from the study cited above, the top 20 foods to increase estrogen levels on a per-serving basis are listed below. Clearly the top recommendation would be consumption of flaxseeds and other soy-related products (e.g. soybeans, soy nuts, and tofu). Understand that certain foods may not have been taken into consideration in this study and therefore the list may not be conclusive.

Flaxseed (163,133)
Soybeans (45,724)
Soy nuts (21,306)
Textured veggie protein (8,923)
Tofu (8,688)
Soy milk (7,422)
Soy yogurt (6,576)
Tempeh (6,407)
Flax bread (3,770)
Sesame seed (2,722)
Miso Paste (2,463)
Multigrain bread (2,207)
Miso Soup (1,691)
Soy protein powder (1,591)
Doughnuts (1,568)
Soy protein bar (1,525)
Black bean sauce (1,119)
Hummus (605)
Veggie burger (484)
Soy bacon bits (482)

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04/08/...estrogens/

I had no idea about flaxseed. I used to consume that daily.

Soy oil

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:55 AM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

is miso soup ok then?

Yes, like soy sauce, its fermented, go head and eat it. Miso soup and edamame is great for you.

http://www.nutrichef.co.uk/japanese-diet.html

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Soy oil

If it is contained in your vitamin pill only I would stop worrying about the tiny quantity. Another story is if you use half a liter per month for salads and cooking.

You can assume that almost all restaurants won't use the best available fat but more or less the cheapest, so eating out will have a much bigger impact quantity wise.

Quote: (04-15-2016 07:50 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

Is it okay for men to consume soy oil?
Some of the vitamin I have contains soy oil, will this have an adverse affect on my health. I could just give the vitamins to my girlfriend.

Soy oil

I'm not sure about this whole soy oil thing.

Let me give you guys some background, the only cooking oil we cubans can afford to buy is soy oil so everything we make essentially contains some degree of soy since we cannot afford any other type of oil at the market. Unless you have a family member in the states buts that a different story.

Now cuba does not have men with low testosterone whatsoever. I ate with that shit half my life and I still do whenever I spend a couple of months back home

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Soy oil

Quote: (04-16-2016 01:43 AM)Shimmy Wrote:  

20 Foods High in Estrogen

Based on the research from the study cited above, the top 20 foods to increase estrogen levels on a per-serving basis are listed below. Clearly the top recommendation would be consumption of flaxseeds and other soy-related products (e.g. soybeans, soy nuts, and tofu). Understand that certain foods may not have been taken into consideration in this study and therefore the list may not be conclusive.

Flaxseed (163,133)
Soybeans (45,724)
Soy nuts (21,306)
Textured veggie protein (8,923)
Tofu (8,688)
Soy milk (7,422)
Soy yogurt (6,576)
Tempeh (6,407)
Flax bread (3,770)
Sesame seed (2,722)
Miso Paste (2,463)
Multigrain bread (2,207)
Miso Soup (1,691)
Soy protein powder (1,591)
Doughnuts (1,568)
Soy protein bar (1,525)
Black bean sauce (1,119)
Hummus (605)
Veggie burger (484)
Soy bacon bits (482)

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04/08/...estrogens/

I had no idea about flaxseed. I used to consume that daily.

Hummus on the list?

Eating healthy must entail cooking from scratch, and not using overly processes foods.

Does chickpeas have estrogens?

Hummus is chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic, which is a rock-solid ingredients list.