rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An Acceptable Alternative to Facebook

Over the last four years, I have been blocked from using my main Facebook account on a few occasions, due to - I suppose you guessed it already- anonymous complaints from SJW.

Roosh V already suggested alternatives and ways to communicate using some more secure email accounts located on specific websites, but what about alternatives to Facebook?

Any suggestions?

Have a regular, "I'm a normal person" facebook and then create a few burner accounts that are all friends with each other.

Troll away on news comment sites! So far a few of my burner accounts have been shadow banned. I always check the posts with private browsing to make sure they make it through.

Quote: (04-14-2016 08:02 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Have a regular, "I'm a normal person" facebook and then create a few burner accounts that are all friends with each other.

If you check out Facebook profiles youll recognize those that are fake. Many are other guys burner accounts or fake profiles made by like farms.

If you friend request those, most of them friend you back. Then your burner profiles seem more likeable and social, and not just some other fake obviously fake profile.

If you dont want to use Facebook, thats ok. But right now Facebook is what Yahoo was in the nineties. They ARE the internet.

So there are at the time, no better alternatives.

Id reccomend you open a blog (use Wordpress, its what I use and its easy and user friendly) and link it with your social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter so that when ever you post something on your blog, those accounts publish it as a link, using some service like IFTTT, Buffer, or so.

Then just use your blog as a microblog with the occasional photos or long posts. That keeps you present on those sites we hate so much like Facebook for other people to contact you, but keeps you away from them with a hands off policy.

Is MySpace still around?

Quote: (04-15-2016 07:04 AM)muscless Wrote:  

Is MySpace still around?

[Image: 1411087218778_wps_28_myspace_tom_8_Las_Vegas_A.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I'm going to go old school on you.

Get their phone number: call them
Email address: Email them
or meet people in real life.

Once you don't have a Facebook it really isn't a big deal and isn't hard to contact the people you want to contact.

^what realologist said.

I haven't had a Facebook for over 2 years.

Never been happier. Email, phone and other creative means of comm have been just as effective if not more so.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Just go for the phone number. Chicks never reply to emails from guys.

Quote: (04-15-2016 07:19 AM)realologist Wrote:  

I'm going to go old school on you.

Get their phone number: call them
Email address: Email them
or meet people in real life.

Once you don't have a Facebook it really isn't a big deal and isn't hard to contact the people you want to contact.

True.

I use mostly phone and text messaging. Whatsapp and Telegram more than regular text messages.

However, I do feel a bit isolated by not using Facebook, since some information and news and events about my favorite music genre are only published there, so I often hear about them days later and if my friends remember to tell me.

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and going back to Facebook. I want to start with a clean slate. Should I start a brand new account or should I just clear out my old one (delete all personal messages, wall posts, all photos, tec.) in order not to lose contacts?

I hate social media, women look at men on social media (approval seeking) like in a nightclub. They get pounded by cock in every angle online. I hear you guys using social media and getting flaked on all the time. Here is what i do!

Day game, I get numbers, small sms chat (so i know she using her phone), call up, find out a day she isn't doing anything and time and then I "tell her" we will catch up then!

There's an 80's style network http://tilde.club/ I was curious about. There's a waiting list to join though. Post if anyone has any experience of it.

I quit facebook, also think that phoning, real-life meeting, texting and emailing, and writing people's details in an address-book with a pen are appropriate alternatives.

Quote: (06-26-2016 05:12 PM)Stadtaffe Wrote:  

I quit facebook, also think that phoning, real-life meeting, texting and emailing, and writing people's details in an address-book with a pen are appropriate alternatives.

That is very true.

Otherwise, by keeping facebook
you are simply always at the mercy of one large multi-corporation
who has shown multiple times that bans and censors conservative and
non-liberal ideas or speech.

Best option is to keep one and not use it. At the moment I don't really have a choice because I'm part of a fairly small academic program, and most of the events are organized and announced through Facebook.

Here's an alternative to facebook: Go outside.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (06-27-2016 11:40 AM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

Here's an alternative to facebook: Go outside.

I don't spend my whole day in front of my computer and I do not want a "smart phone".

Facebook sometimes become necessary to communicate with someone.

I give Tom credit. He got $580 million when he sold Myspace. That was probably its peak--good for him.

[Image: zuckerberg.png]

Quote: (07-01-2016 02:16 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

I give Tom credit. He got $580 million when he sold Myspace. That was probably its peak--good for him.

Agreed. The guy made his millions and dropped out of professional life to just travel around and be bum vs. becoming some sort of "social justice advocate" and starting some sort of charity to save people.

He's got an instant ONS with any bitch that ever used myspace and is probably living a jimmy buffet lifestyle as opposed to Zuckerberg that just can't let it go and feels the need to become a super villian to make up for being locked down to his hideous wife.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I wish there were a better way to peddle a business than on FB. Having a page for my recording studio is very necessary to generate traffic and get my name out to the local audience easily and effectively.

Many have tried but its nigh impossible to beat out FB for accessibility. Everyone uses it and could give a shit less about going to another site to look up content for artists/businesses.

There is always the more "old school" way of just having a website and handing out business cards to people at places where your potential clientèle would go - but using social media is FAR more effective, efficient, and easier.

Most everyone prefers to send a Facebook message rather than send an email or god forbid make a phone call.

Tom Anderson was a real man. The FBI investigated him for hacking Chase Manhattan when he was 14 years old.

According to Wikipedia, Tom created Myspace because he wanted a web site where people didn't have to use their real names. At the time, Friendster required that. Facebook is doing that now.

Ultimately, the main thing that killed Myspace was that it got too big too fast. It was a technical disaster and never had time to organize itself.

Quote: (07-01-2016 11:17 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

Tom Anderson was a real man. The FBI investigated him for hacking Chase Manhattan when he was 14 years old.

According to Wikipedia, Tom created Myspace because he wanted a web site where people didn't have to use their real names. At the time, Friendster required that. Facebook is doing that now.

Ultimately, the main thing that killed Myspace was that it got too big too fast. It was a technical disaster and never had time to organize itself.

I pulled more tail off myspace back in 06 then I've ever been able to get via online since, either "online dating" platforms or regular social networks. It also was a good resource for music at one point, even though the hosting was crap.

I've never once pulled from FB

I owe a decent number of notches to Tom.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Same here. Myspace was a godsend for easy pussy. AND they didn't put the horseshit you usually see on their pages like you see now on dating sites, my kids come first, not into hookups, bla bla bla, because it wasn't a dating site.
Basically, we need a new myspace, something fun to make a dumb webpage with, that has the added bonus for easy hookups because it doesn't have the dating site stigma.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (07-02-2016 01:17 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

Same here. Myspace was a godsend for easy pussy. AND they didn't put the horseshit you usually see on their pages like you see now on dating sites, my kids come first, not into hookups, bla bla bla, because it wasn't a dating site.
Basically, we need a new myspace, something fun to make a dumb webpage with, that has the added bonus for easy hookups because it doesn't have the dating site stigma.

Instagram is basically what that is now, but you have to know how to go about it. I'm currently figuring this out as I go.

-Wonitis

Quote: (07-02-2016 01:17 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

You might be onto something here.

It would require some real robust hosting and back-end work, but a social media platform where each user's "profile" is actually a sort of faux web-page with a point/click/drag/drop editing interface and layout options so any idiot can easily make it their own unique looking space to create the idea of individuality instead of everyone having the same drab white/blue vertical layout with forced widgets etc.

Myspace was onto something when they allowed HTML code to be embedded so you can add more style, flair, and individuality to your page - but it was hack 'n slash jerry rigged shit. People love being able to flaunt their "uniqueness" and a social media environment that plays on that would be extremely successful I predict.

My gears are turning...

Quote: (07-02-2016 12:34 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

I've never once pulled from FB

Unless you join the trend of showing off expensive cars, expensive exotic locations and photoshopped cool pictures with you and celebrities,
FB will never lead to any decent bang.

But what FB will lead is to countless hours of wasted time that will never come back