rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where to live in Latin Am. if u are looking for a 8 or + for a serious relation.

Where to live in Latin Am. if u are looking for a 8 or + for a serious relation.

Hello guys,

So.. Here is a very large question. I did some research in the forum but thought it was better to create my own topic.

I currently live in Medellin, Colombia, I have lived before in Buenos Aires (for one year) and I have basically been in.. every country in Latin America while traveling for a year in 2013/2014. I am 32y old, white, French speaking European, super tall (1.93). Almost perfect Spanish. Very sociable and really easy talkative with girls though. I consider my game pretty good but pretty bad when it comes for long term relations.
I work only with internet thus I can settle wherever I want basically.

I am looking to settle somewhere in Latin America where I can get the most chances to find the girl of my life, I have no more fun about having X number of girls in my bed every week. I just want the one. But I have a rather precise idea of what I am looking for.

So. Here comes my question:
In your opinion, what is the best city in Latin America if you are looking for a girl:
- Between 20 and 30
- At least a 7. Very skinny and not too small is a plus.
- University degree
- Not looking only for your money even if I find it normal to invite your girls sometimes. I mean ''independent'' girls that have a will to have their own work.
- Willing to have a serious relation
- Trustworthy - not like Argentines girls for example, that have probably stories with 2 other guys at the same time.

And, regarding the city:
- An acceptable climate. Meaning not too hot / not too much rain.
- And a possibility to have a good live around a monthly budget of 1000 USD. (I have no problem with sharing a flat, which lower the costs)
- Not too much of a gringo scene.

==> Medellin has some really good points here, especially the climate, but I believe it's one of the worst city of the whole continent for what I am looking for regarding the girls. I had a bit of bad experiences at least [Image: smile.gif]. Way too much gringos too.

My number 1 idea now is Lima. Have heard/read so much good things about the local girls.

I have thought about Mexico (Guadalajara/Merida/Playa del Carmen) but I think I just would find it way too hot there.

What would be your choices?

Thanks

So you have 'basically been in every country in Latin America' and decide to make a thread asking where to go? [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:16 PM)zoom Wrote:  

So you have 'basically been in every country in Latin America' and decide to make a thread asking where to go? [Image: dodgy.gif]

Yes, I have been a bit of everywhere in Latin America. For 1 day to 4/5 days.

I only lived in Buenos Aires and Medellin - which are definitely the only 2 cities I can definitely give serious advices about. You get my point?

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:29 PM)Killarmy Wrote:  

I only lived in Buenos Aires and Medellin - which are definitely the only 2 cities I can definitely give serious advices about. You get my point?

I don't think you get your point.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

English is not my native language, excuse me if I did fail to use the perfect words at the perfect time or something.
My point is that I believe you can't judge a whole city, especially for my questions, by being there for just a few days.

But I would be happy to read thoughts / advices, not critics..

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:32 PM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

I actually think I understand him. What I think he's saying is that he has been a lot of places in Latin America, but has only spent some real time in Buenos Aires and Medellin and is therefore looking to get the perspective of guys who have actually lived in Latin American cities besides those two. It's understandable. He just didn't articulate it so well.

If your budget is going to be around $1000 USD per month you should look into some 2nd or even 3rd tier cities. You have a modest budget that won't go too far in most top tier cities.

If I was in similar situation I'd rather be in a cheaper place so I could live by myself, you are 32 years old do you really want to share a place with some random people? The potentially cockblocking and mess that has nothing to do with you.

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:40 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I actually think I understand him. What I think he's saying is that he has been a lot of places in Latin America, but has only spent some real time in Buenos Aires and Medellin and is therefore looking to get the perspective of guys who have actually lived in Latin American cities besides those two. It's understandable. He just didn't articulate it so well.

Thank you Merenguero!

@ Sidney Crosby: I can imagine a budget a bit higher, up to 1200/1300 USD but I am not really a big spender though. I am happy as long as I can eat some good local cheap food and have enough to enjoy some nice time out 2/3 times a week. This is completely enough in Medellin for example.
And in Buenos Aires, it was ok, even though the low local Pesos helped.

So far always had good experiences sharing flats but I agree that you need to be careful of course. But in general, I prefer to live in the best neighborhood in a super nice apartment that cost 1200 USD and share it with 2 people than living in a medium barrio, alone, that cost 400 USD. That's my point.

Would you yourself have any recommendations?

I am waiting for someone to tell me I am not the only person on this forum who has been to every South American country meaning all 13 of them... [Image: cheerleader.gif]

Where you are sounds great but there must be some reason you want to look elsewhere.

Anyway, to answer OP question, considering all of the factors:

1. Mayagüez. A little tight on 1000 but possible. All other factors very good.
2. Manta. Women like you describe, cheap paradise.
3. Cayenne. Who would have thought a French speaking city would meet your requirements? Only the climate can be a little muggy but not disqualified.

There may be places in Brazil but my travel there has been only to SP so far.

Not a big fan of Lima for other than ONS.

Suerte

I might advise you to try your luck with and in:

2d tier Argentina (Cordoba, Tucuman, Mendoza, even Rosario or warmer Salta, etc... yes, inflation exists, but still...)

Monterrey (from what I've been told, I haven't been there but heard good things about this city from expats) or Guadalajara (not a lot of 8s though in GDL)

2d or 3d tier Brazil. Curitiba, sunny Floripa, nice and safe and wealthy Porto Alegre...

Santiago de Chile or southern Chile, or, for cheaper cost of life, northern Chile: Arica...

2d tier in Colombia: for example, Barranquilla...

Thanks for the amazing answers guys.

@ offthereservation; I like your original choices of cities. I will take a look, especially at your 2 first choices. Since Cayenne is in my native language, I actually don't think i'd like it, I probably want to stick to Spanish. Maybe Portuguese.

As for Lima: why don't you like it apart from ONS? Aren't there quite a lot of nice girls at Miraflores, with good education level and good spirit? I will need to check a bit of the reports in the forum but maybe they are not really about what I am looking for.

@ Going Strong: Cordoba and Rosario are indeed options to consider. Only been to Cordoba but heard good things. In general, a lot of girls are educated there though. Will check a bit more about Monterrey since I have a strong attraction for Mexico..but really afraid of the climate.
I have been to Floripa and loved it but it's really spread out. Haven't been to Porto Alegre.. looks indeed like a nice city! But maybe a bit expensive?

As for Colombia, I won't be able to come back because of the VISA though... (Would have found a solution if I had a strong reason to stay but it's not the case so...)

Keep the nice answers coming, thanks!

Quote: (04-11-2016 11:17 PM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Thanks for the amazing answers guys.

@ offthereservation; I like your original choices of cities. I will take a look, especially at your 2 first choices. Since Cayenne is in my native language, I actually don't think i'd like it, I probably want to stick to Spanish. Maybe Portuguese.

As for Lima: why don't you like it apart from ONS? Aren't there quite a lot of nice girls at Miraflores, with good education level and good spirit? I will need to check a bit of the reports in the forum but maybe they are not really about what I am looking for.

@ Going Strong: Cordoba and Rosario are indeed options to consider. Only been to Cordoba but heard good things. In general, a lot of girls are educated there though. Will check a bit more about Monterrey since I have a strong attraction for Mexico..but really afraid of the climate.
I have been to Floripa and loved it but it's really spread out. Haven't been to Porto Alegre.. looks indeed like a nice city! But maybe a bit expensive?

As for Colombia, I won't be able to come back because of the VISA though... (Would have found a solution if I had a strong reason to stay but it's not the case so...)

Keep the nice answers coming, thanks!

I think that, with the real down the way it is against the euro or dollar, Porto Alegre has to be quite cheap nowadays...

offthereservation is right in drawing your attention to Puerto Rico, you might want to PM him or ask him right here about all positive aspects about Porto Rico, like, tax exemptions for example...

Also, among your first choices, I would not pick Playa del Carmen. You want "good" local, LTR women not spoiled or "overrun" by gringos, so... Merida would probably suit you much better.

There is no doubt, in my mind, that the best girls to have a relationship, in all of the Americas, are Brazilian girls. The point is finding your 8 and being in a city that you will also enoy living in. I personally am happier with a 20 year old 7 than with a 26 year old 8, so that is why I prefer NE Brazilian cities or in the Amazon and interior of the country.
For a good chance at an 8 who is relationship material you cant go wrong with Belo Horizonte or Minas Gerais, in general. If I was younger and European, that is where I would be. And Mineiras are sweeter and nicer than Gauchas (Porto Alegre).

Quote: (04-11-2016 10:01 PM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:40 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Thank you Merenguero!

@ Sidney Crosby: I can imagine a budget a bit higher, up to 1200/1300 USD but I am not really a big spender though. I am happy as long as I can eat some good local cheap food and have enough to enjoy some nice time out 2/3 times a week. This is completely enough in Medellin for example.
And in Buenos Aires, it was ok, even though the low local Pesos helped.

So far always had good experiences sharing flats but I agree that you need to be careful of course. But in general, I prefer to live in the best neighborhood in a super nice apartment that cost 1200 USD and share it with 2 people than living in a medium barrio, alone, that cost 400 USD. That's my point.

Would you yourself have any recommendations?

How hot is too hot for you? A lot of the 2nd tier cities also happen to be quite warm.

Would you consider Venezuela? There are many cities that are "safe", you could definitely take advantage of the exchange rate and live like a king, although I don't know the visa situation beyond standard tourist.

@ Choche: I have been in Belo Horizonte and had really great time there. Most Brazilians would always tell me that the nicest girls live there.
I think Ouro Preto is also amazing, full of students. But I am afraid that these cities are a bit expensive, aren't they? 1000/1100 USD would seem feasible for you?

@ Sidney: Well, I'd like to avoid cities with +30 degree all year. That's the best feature of Medellin though: Always between 20 and 30 degrees more or less. Although a bit polluted and a bit rainy sometimes.
As for Venezuela, I actually thought a lot about it but it's really difficult to understand the safety situation of the country. I can't imagine having all my computer/informatics stuff stolen for example.. (can't work without them) What cities would you recommend there? I have read a bit about Merida but not anywhere else.

I spent three days in Merida, Mexico last year and liked it, I met a girl there and took her to Playa Del Carmen for a few days. Merida is a nice, quiet city and not full of Gringos like Cancun or Playa but it could probably get a bit boring after a few days. I went to a club called Cafe Bongo or something, it was packed and I was the only obvious Gringo there. If you're in the Cancun area, you should check out Merida.

If you don't like Medellin because of too many gringos then forget Miraflores - it's just as bad.

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

Quote: (04-11-2016 11:45 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

There is no doubt, in my mind, that the best girls to have a relationship, in all of the Americas, are Brazilian girls. The point is finding your 8 and being in a city that you will also enoy living in. I personally am happier with a 20 year old 7 than with a 26 year old 8, so that is why I prefer NE Brazilian cities or in the Amazon and interior of the country.
For a good chance at an 8 who is relationship material you cant go wrong with Belo Horizonte or Minas Gerais, in general. If I was younger and European, that is where I would be. And Mineiras are sweeter and nicer than Gauchas (Porto Alegre).

Funny enough in Dallas, Texas...most of the Brazilians are Nordestinas & they will ONLY date older white guys..preferably ones without Portuguese knowledge (easier to take advantage of) so they can one day have kids with more European ancestry...true story.

Quote: (04-12-2016 10:05 AM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2016 11:45 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Funny enough in Dallas, Texas...most of the Brazilians are Nordestinas & they will ONLY date older white guys..preferably ones without Portuguese knowledge (easier to take advantage of) so they can one day have kids with more European ancestry...true story.

There's a lot of that going on in North Jersey too, especially with the women looking for New Jersey Italian guys. Google Arturo Gatti.

Quote: (04-12-2016 07:55 AM)el conquistador Wrote:  

If you don't like Medellin because of too many gringos then forget Miraflores - it's just as bad.

Actually, you might have a point but:
- In Medellin, the many gringos seems to have the effect that it is much more difficult to get the nice girls, especially for what I am looking for.
- In Lima, I have the impression that the ''many gringo scene'' doesn't influence things (yet?) and that even the nicest girls (what I am looking for) have so much envy to be with European guys.

I am not sure - I really need to dig into the Lima reports.

As for Brazil, I am digging into it a lot lately. Might be my choice, we will see.

Minas Gerais, Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina is where there is more pretty girls IMO.

Quote: (04-12-2016 11:55 AM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Actually, you might have a point but:
- In Medellin, the many gringos seems to have the effect that it is much more difficult to get the nice girls, especially for what I am looking for.

How do you figure? Are 99% of the foreign tourists in Medellin any competition whatsoever and are they really anything other than an annoyance?

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:54 AM)Killarmy Wrote:  

@ Choche: I have been in Belo Horizonte and had really great time there. Most Brazilians would always tell me that the nicest girls live there.
I think Ouro Preto is also amazing, full of students. But I am afraid that these cities are a bit expensive, aren't they? 1000/1100 USD would seem feasible for you?

@ Sidney: Well, I'd like to avoid cities with +30 degree all year. That's the best feature of Medellin though: Always between 20 and 30 degrees more or less. Although a bit polluted and a bit rainy sometimes.
As for Venezuela, I actually thought a lot about it but it's really difficult to understand the safety situation of the country. I can't imagine having all my computer/informatics stuff stolen for example.. (can't work without them) What cities would you recommend there? I have read a bit about Merida but not anywhere else.
Killarmy as long as the dollar is 3.5 reals and above you should be allright with 1200 dollars a month in Minas Gerais, specially if you choose another city other than Belo Horizonte. As long as you get Brazilian roomates in an apartment, and you don't go out too much at night and eat where the locals do. In Belo Horizonte, transportation could be a problem, but as long as you learn all the bus routes you should be ok.
You will have to find a sweet 8 who will accept your semi spartan lifestyle, but in Minas Gerais it is very doable, specially if she is on the younger side. In Rio, SP or Brasilia that would be almost impossible.
My main girl now is a 19 yr. old from Fortaleza. She is very loyal, sweet, fun and a solid 7. Going to see her in 10 days. She is studying physical therapy and she talks about having a child with me, when she graduates in 4 years. I am telling her to practice her Spanish and not bother with English, as I do not want her to get orrupted.
She is also from the interior of Ceara and went to Fortaleza to study. She goes out on weekends rarely and loves to go back regularly to her hometown to see her family and friends.
Those kind of women are almost non existent in Colombia, and I haven't had a Colombian steady in 2 years. I enjoy Cololmbia for what it is, but would not recommend girls there for long term relationships, specially if she is an 8.

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:27 PM)luckskywalker Wrote:  

Minas Gerais, Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina is where there is more pretty girls IMO.

Don't forget São Paulo State, Espirito Santo, Paraná, and Goiás as well. Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso Sul have great talent too. The latter states (Mato and Mato Sul) have a great influx of people from Paraná that moved north for agricultural opportunities mixed with the Pocahontas type beauties from Amazonas.

It depends what you're looking for. If I ran some sort of online business where I got paid in US dollars, I'd personally choose Venezuela, but only because I've been there before and love it. Sure it's economically and politically unstable, but it's cheap. It's only getting cheaper as well, and despite the increase chance of being robbed when compared to other countries in South America, I have a soft spot for Venezuelan women.

Edit: I just saw you're looking for a girl with a University degree; you'll have a hard time finding that in Venezuela. With the old government stealing everybody's money, less women went to University, and the ones that could afford University left the country.