rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Banned members. Should we have an RVF "jubilee"?

I just had an idea. What if once a year there was a special day where with a vote, the forum could un-ban one member?

I like how Roosh runs a tight ship here, and we all benefit from that, but I do think there have also been casualties and some good voices have been lost over time because of having a bad day. Just a thought.

Perhaps, instead of a simple vote, it might be a nomination process and then Roosh would decide yes or no. It might need to be something like: nomination, vote, and then affirm or veto of the forum's vote by Roosh.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I do not understand why so many old members, old as in around 4 years ago, were banned..

Or just call it 'Welcome Back Little Dark' Day...

Dupe: thread-42403...pid1171117

#FreeBounce

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Why would we give them another chance?

Deus vult!

It would be a damp squid as I suspect a lot would either not want to come back or are already back.

One of the first things I noticed here was the high number of members banned compared to what I had been used to in the past. I realize due to the nature of the site and the fact that Roosh and other high profile members have targets on their backs, making it necessary to be extra careful. I get that. I've noticed posts mentioning or even promoting P4P, violence, or various illegal activities. When the ban hammer comes down in those cases I get it. However in some cases I can't figure out what the hell a member was actually banned for. Some make thousands of posts over a period of years, get tons of reps and then poof, they're gone. Hence my low post count and I mostly do reading. I've archived for my own files many posts and ROK articles. Lots of gold nuggets, but still I wonder and tread very carefully.

I'd like to see Ali come back but I suspect he's already moved on

Ali B or Screwston would be my vote, but I'm fairly certain they've moved on.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Roosh said it would cause too much of a distraction. It would also put a mark out on these previously banned members and they'd feel 'watched'. Increased moderator activity surrounding their posts and threads may become too much of a headache.

I can understand why people don't like certain members getting banned, nobody will miss me though [Image: lol.gif] [Image: sad.gif] but its a forum for Roosh and his crowd. His rules.

Quote: (04-11-2016 11:40 AM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

I'd like to see Ali come back but I suspect he's already moved on
No, he hasn't.

The forum seems like it was more party mode years ago. Frankly we do not need that right now and I trust Roosh's judgement to ban the old vets..RVF has transformed into something more than just girls and travel. It teaches many young guys how to become Alpha men in my opinion..

Rules are rules for a reason.

We're lucky this forum is still of standard. This forum is good because rules are enforced. Check out Thaivisa forum if you want to see a poorly moderated forum where everyone attacks everyone and nothing ever moves forward. Hell, check nearly all forums on the internet.

But to go along with the fun of the thread, I have some respect for Dash Global. I understand why he was banned, but his threads on Korea were top notch.

Quote: (04-11-2016 10:37 AM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I just had an idea. What if once a year there was a special day where with a vote, the forum could un-ban one member?

I nominate June 14: Roosh's and Donald Trump's birthday, which should be the holiest holiday in the tenets of neo-masculinity. And what better time to make amends than the holidays?

I think some people deserve a second chance; especially those that contributed a ton to the forum. Some of us go through very rough patches in life at times and this forum for better or worse, is one of the only outlets on the internet (and maybe even in real-life) for a certain class of men. If a senior forum guy goes off the rails real bad, maybe give them a 3-6 month ban as oppose to a permanent ban; giving them a real time out to think and get their shit in order.

I really like how Roosh runs a very tight ship and want things to stay that way but I wouldn't be oppose to former senior members getting a second chance or at least consideration to return to the forum. Phoenix made up this list of top 10 (by post count) banned members:

Top 10 Banned Big Posters:
Screwston: 8774 posts
Aliblahba: 8017
Greek kamaki: 4676
cardguy: 4481
Hencredible Casanova: 3852
Dash Global: 3017
Nomad77: 2272
Walderschmidt: 1723
Deb Auchery: 1549
MidWest: 1458

I lurked for a long time before I started posting but I will say right now: I don't recall or know the specific circumstances in what led the aforementioned members to be banned.

That said, I would like to see Aliblahba, Hencredible Casanova, and Nomad77 based on their past contributions (prior to whatever incident led to their banning) be given at least consideration for possible pardons. No pardon would be granted without full recognition by the banned member of their past wrongs and an apology to Roosh and the forum; owning up to their past fuck-ups. No one gets a pass for disrespecting Roosh and the forum without at the very least taking responsibility for their past transgressions. Ultimately, it's Roosh's house and its his call obviously how to handle things but I would do something along those lines if I was considering pardoning people.

We lost some real heavy hitters in the past and I do believe some people can change for the better with time.

Bring Bounce back. I want to hear more stories of bags of shit getting thrown out windows.

I think that there are things that go on behind the scenes between senior members/mods/Roosh that will lead to their bans. Ours is not to reason why and all that.

Is anyone still in touch with Ali, Nomad77 or Screwston?

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Screwston is the first member I've met so yes he's probably the only member of the above three I'm regularly actually in touch with. We grab drinks and coffee all the time.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (04-11-2016 05:07 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

Is anyone still in touch with Ali, Nomad77 or Screwston?

Papaya Tapper might be in touch with Nomad. Tuthmosis is in touch with I.R.T.

No one will be unbanned. No exceptions.

Quote: (04-11-2016 04:58 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

I've been a long time lurker and been around. I think out of those guys, the ones who didn't deserve to get banned were Screwston, Hencredible and MidWest. Those guys were essentially banned for being liberals and nothing more. They were from a time when the forum was more liberal and in my opinion got the short end of the stick when it became more alternate-right.

For example, Henc was banned for trashing Putin. Henc trashing Putin essentially led to his ban. Then MidWest was the lone big member who was trashing and talking shit about Trump and that led to his banning.

So we essentially lost 3 valuable members over some bullshit.

I respect Roosh's and Tuth's decision though. But I feel like its a good thing to have a different opinions. When its just one opinion all the time, it can get quite boring.

Quote: (04-11-2016 06:01 PM)Tupac Wrote:  

Quote: (04-11-2016 04:58 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

I've been a long time lurker and been around. I think out of those guys, the ones who didn't deserve to get banned were Screwston, Hencredible and MidWest. Those guys were essentially banned for being liberals and nothing more. They were from a time when the forum was more liberal and in my opinion got the short end of the stick when it became more alternate-right.

For example, Henc was banned for trashing Putin. Henc trashing Putin essentially led to his ban. Then MidWest was the lone big member who was trashing and talking shit about Trump and that led to his banning.

So we essentially lost 3 valuable members over some bullshit.

I respect Roosh's and Tuth's decision though. But I feel like its a good thing to have a different opinions. When its just one opinion all the time, it can get quite boring.

Hencredible chose to ban himself if you read the thread, and he's way past moved on.

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Hencredible asked to be banned, and Greek Kamaki turned out to be a P4P guy. Don't know about the others.