rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Destinations in Eastern Europe

Hello

I am making a trip in Eastern Europe, just a little randomly. (I live in Asia since long time and visit my home country in Scandinavia about every second year. Now I combine this with visiting Eastern Europe.)

I arrived in Sofia and I am now in Plovdiv. Bulgaria seems like a pretty well organize place. Quiet, clean cities, at least this is my impression for the few days I have been here. (If the light is red you don’t cross the street, even if there is no traffic. That's ok.)

I plan to continue travelling a little around here. I will probably visit some more capitals but I often like smaller places more (or just the size below capitals).

I am usually not the hard clubbing disco type. (Only sometimes [Image: smile.gif] ) I am older and look for places where girls and others are open to foreigners. (And where the social structure makes it possible for them to be so without being looked down upon by other locals.)

I know many guys here are familiar with Eastern Europe. I tried reading the forum and for Bulgaria I will continue to Varna. For Romania, Timisoara, Constanta. In Poland I have seen recommendations for Wroclaw and Poznan.

For travelling I can afford simple apartments in most places in this area. But if I decide for long time stay it is better if the place is less expensive. Czech rep., Slovakia seems expensive, maybe Hungary too. Too many tourists in Budapest.

What I look for is cities with not too many tourists but where the locals at the same time are open to foreigners.

I know basic Russian and I have travelled in the region before but mostly tourist destinations. (First time in Bulgaria, though.)

Using Russian in Bulgaria falls in 3 cases
1. Some understand
2. Some don't understand
3. Some pretend not to understand but when needed they understand
[Image: wink.gif]
But reading Cyrillic is a good advice for anyone coming. It does not take so long time to learn and helps reading many signs etc.
Just my quick impression, my Russian is only so so.

But I don't mind a little language barrier. English is often understood. I appreciate staying away from main steam tourist places.

Especially for Serbia I would be happy to get some advice for places to visit.

So far thus:
Bulgaria:
Sofia: quiet, nice
Plovdiv: quiet, nice
Varna, summer, party town

Romania:
Timisoara: ?
Constanta: ?

Poland:
Wroclaw: student city
Poznan: student city

Serbia:
??

Other countries?

Thanks for any pointers.

Just crossed over from Plovdiv, Bulgaria to Nis, Serbia. The stay in Bulgaria was only short and I arrived for the first time in Serbia today.

Got some impressions, naturally biased by just having arrived. But these Serbs don't seem to mess around. Walk fast, talk short and act straight forward. At least the city here may be a little more run down than the "ex USSR bloat architecture" that is still kept in good condition in Bulgaria.

Serbian girls seem to be among the best looking I've ever seen. But how do you get into contact with them? Also seem to walk fast and focus on some goal ahead.

The men seem really macho. Not really into chatting around, at least not with foreigner.

This is not like the Philippines where an old foreigner can just walk up to any person, young girl or other, and chat. (But also face a lot of crap talk [Image: smile.gif] ) But it's a great experience to be here.

Ok, only first day impressions of Serbia.

Any pointers appreciated. How to get in contact with the people and the girls. Places/cities to visit that are open to foreigners?

Quote: (04-12-2016 02:49 PM)GoodT Wrote:  

Just crossed over from Plovdiv, Bulgaria to Nis, Serbia. The stay in Bulgaria was only short and I arrived for the first time in Serbia today.

Got some impressions, naturally biased by just having arrived. But these Serbs don't seem to mess around. Walk fast, talk short and act straight forward. At least the city here may be a little more run down than the "ex USSR bloat architecture" that is still kept in good condition in Bulgaria.

Serbian girls seem to be among the best looking I've ever seen. But how do you get into contact with them? Also seem to walk fast and focus on some goal ahead.

The men seem really macho. Not really into chatting around, at least not with foreigner.

This is not like the Philippines where an old foreigner can just walk up to any person, young girl or other, and chat. (But also face a lot of crap talk [Image: smile.gif] ) But it's a great experience to be here.

Ok, only first day impressions of Serbia.

Any pointers appreciated. How to get in contact with the people and the girls. Places/cities to visit that are open to foreigners?

Try the search button

Hey GoodT,

I'm Serbian so I may be able to help you.

As far as Serbia is concerned, I suggest you visit Belgrade and Novi Sad. I don't know how long are you staying here but if it is for a shorter amount of time, no other cities are big enough to make it worth your while.

For Belgrade, check out my response in this thread: thread-54446.html

For Novi Sad, I don't live there so I can't give you a detailed datasheet, but there should be one on this forum, just use the search function.

How old are you? I know some Serbian guys who are in their 40s that have girlfriends 10-15 years younger than them, so the girls are definitely older to hooking up with an older man.

If you need any other help or advice, ask here or send me a PM, I'm happy to help.