rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making connections before I start college

I'm an international student, and I will be starting uni as an undergrad in the US in the upcoming fall.

I'm on my university's class of 2020 facebook group, so any of the college players on here have any idea how I should go about making and leveraging connections with the other students on the group? Chatting random people or making some kind of post to screen for cool people to hang out with or potential roommates?

Things like what kind of roommate I should look for, rushing frats, from a standpoint of game, getting pussy and maximising my college experience from the point enter college as a freshmen in the fall? Anything I should do in the summer?

I'm looking to room with a guy who lifts and parties pretty heavy, any other valuable advice you guys can offer me?

I'm in my last year of high school at the moment.

Crucial thanks to you guys for the useful information on this board I have gleaned in the past.

Why are you trying to game through Facebook? You'll just look like you're trying to hard or orbiting if you chat up too many chicks on FB. Study the text game threads since college aged girls are glued to their phones.Also its college so its common place for hookups to happen a lot especially in dorms. Just start working out, chicks love exotic dudes.

Oh and if you speak French then that's a huge plus. Just find a chick who has a long distance relationship with a dude back home or out of state and game that, they always cheat in the first month.

Could you give some details? What country are you from and what part of the US are you studying in? Some regions are extremely anti-Greek and others you can hardly get laid without it. We need some context.

Forget Facebook, you'll make your connections once you get there. The first week is crucial. Social groups are formed within the first few weeks of the semester and seem to stick for the remainder of college. Talk to as many people as possible in those first two weeks. Do not try to get laid during that time. Try to build as big of base as possible. Your future self will thank you.

It's super easy being a foreigner. I studied in a different region of the US and my accent was an opener without me even trying. Girls love different.

Relax, grab a beer, and enjoy every fucking second of it. Life will never be easier. Every second you waste on video games or being anti-social will bite you in the ass. You'll want to regret the stupid shit you did in college, not what could have been.

I agree with wi30. Every freshman is starting with a clean slate. They all want to make connections. Be that guy everybody likes. Being foreign with an accent, spend the first semester meeting everyone you can, making sure they know your name, and learning theirs. Don't focus on building a small group of friends or meeting a girl. Focus on meeting everyone once. I'd even suggest printing the freshman registry and checking off names. Then spend the remaining 3 1/2 years reaping the benefits.
Peoples' circles shrink as time goes on. By the end of freshman year, people often only have 2-3 friends. But if you are the fun acquaintance of a couple thousand people, life is good.

Guys thanks for the useful info.

@wi30, I'm a high school senior in India, but I was raised in the US during my childhood. I'm studying uni near the east coast, and my uni is reputed for parties and has a great Greek scene, although this isn't of paramount importance in terms of having a great time there, from what I've heard. It's in a college town more or less.

@AFC, I do speak conversational French, although this seems kind of random. Could you care to explain more?

And also the foreign accent you guys mentioned seems kind of useless in this case, cause I don't think anyone is attracted to an Indian accent, and I'm comfortable speaking in my American accent. I get the big picture tho...