rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it possible to prevent hair loss/balding?

I'm 21 and in the last year, my crown has started to thin out and my temples have receded quite a bit.

My hair still looks good now but if it keeps going at this rate, it will probably look quite bad by my mid 20s.

My father and mother's father have both had very bad hairlines as long as I can remember and in all photos I've seen of them in their adult lives.

Does anyone have any tips or experience on preventing hair loss before it happens? Supplements, diet tips, washing tips, or anything else?

search.php?a...order=desc

Whatever you choose to do, you should always have a backup plan in case you won't be able to stop hair loss (which is a real possibility). In short - hit the gym and get jacked, so that by the time hair loss gets serious, you can shave your head and voila - you'll look like a badass.

RU58841 is a non-steroidal experimental anti-androgen, which is intended for use as a topical treatment for acne and androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness). DHT is the main cause of hairloss in men.

DHT (a necessary and otherwise useful hormone) attaches to and shrinks hair follicles in those prone to MPB (male pattern baldness). RU58841 may help prevent this when topically applied. It works by attaching to the hair follicle and preventing DHT from attaching to it. When protected by RU58841 scalp hairs can grow to maturity and not be miniaturized by DHT.

Clinical trials investigating RU58841's potential to prevent DHT from reaching scalp hair receptors have been overwhelmingly positive.

A study in the Journal of Steroid Bio-Chemistry and Molecular Biology concluded the exceptionally high topical activity of RU58841 combined with unprecedented selectivity with respect to systemic effects suggest that this compound is a candidate of choice for the local treatment of androgen dependent skin disorders such as acne and androgenic alopecia.
At best - some other hairloss prevention treatments such as Finasteride or Dutasteride will significantly halt (or noticeably slow) the miniaturization process and, if you are lucky - provide some not-too-significant regrowth.

Finasteride and Dutasteride work great for the majority of guys who don't use steroids and are lucky enough to not crash their systemic DHT levels so hard that they end up with erectile dysfunction, brain fog, and a softer physique, but RU compeltely eliminates the possibility of these side effects, not to mention works better.

The user feedback and academic resources on RU suggests that RU is the MOST PROMISING SOLUTION to male pattern baldness (and other DHT-related conditions) that exists today.

It claims to bring hair loss to a halt, without the potential systematic side effects that oral anti-DHT treatments may present. I began my own RU58841 research experiment a while back after my last contest prep where I used halo and anadrol for the first time and one of the two apparently my body definitely doesn't agree with and completely devastated my hair. I suspect I easily shed about a third to almost half of my hair on my scalp during that cycle.

Obviously as a bodybuilder, I value the dht in my body as it is responsible for keeping my libido in tact and makes me look better, so I started RU55841 at 50mg ED. In short, it completely halted my hairloss and I went from losing 50+ hairs in the shower each day, to 5 or so max (even on harsh compounds such as tren and masteron using doses up to 600mg EW), and my hair has thickened back up.

If you guys want to give it a shot let me know how it works for you too. I wish I knew about this stuff years ago.

Quote: (03-31-2016 10:22 AM)musashi Wrote:  

RU58841 is a non-steroidal experimental anti-androgen, which is intended for use as a topical treatment for acne and androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness). DHT is the main cause of hairloss in men.

DHT (a necessary and otherwise useful hormone) attaches to and shrinks hair follicles in those prone to MPB (male pattern baldness). RU58841 may help prevent this when topically applied. It works by attaching to the hair follicle and preventing DHT from attaching to it. When protected by RU58841 scalp hairs can grow to maturity and not be miniaturized by DHT.

Clinical trials investigating RU58841's potential to prevent DHT from reaching scalp hair receptors have been overwhelmingly positive.

A study in the Journal of Steroid Bio-Chemistry and Molecular Biology concluded the exceptionally high topical activity of RU58841 combined with unprecedented selectivity with respect to systemic effects suggest that this compound is a candidate of choice for the local treatment of androgen dependent skin disorders such as acne and androgenic alopecia.
At best - some other hairloss prevention treatments such as Finasteride or Dutasteride will significantly halt (or noticeably slow) the miniaturization process and, if you are lucky - provide some not-too-significant regrowth.

Finasteride and Dutasteride work great for the majority of guys who don't use steroids and are lucky enough to not crash their systemic DHT levels so hard that they end up with erectile dysfunction, brain fog, and a softer physique, but RU compeltely eliminates the possibility of these side effects, not to mention works better.

The user feedback and academic resources on RU suggests that RU is the MOST PROMISING SOLUTION to male pattern baldness (and other DHT-related conditions) that exists today.

It claims to bring hair loss to a halt, without the potential systematic side effects that oral anti-DHT treatments may present. I began my own RU58841 research experiment a while back after my last contest prep where I used halo and anadrol for the first time and one of the two apparently my body definitely doesn't agree with and completely devastated my hair. I suspect I easily shed about a third to almost half of my hair on my scalp during that cycle.

Obviously as a bodybuilder, I value the dht in my body as it is responsible for keeping my libido in tact and makes me look better, so I started RU55841 at 50mg ED. In short, it completely halted my hairloss and I went from losing 50+ hairs in the shower each day, to 5 or so max (even on harsh compounds such as tren and masteron using doses up to 600mg EW), and my hair has thickened back up.

If you guys want to give it a shot let me know how it works for you too. I wish I knew about this stuff years ago.

Hey interesting info - where did you get the RU55841 from?

Just get a hair transplant when the hair loss becomes bad enough. They're a fairly safe bets these days as the procedure has advanced dramatically in recent years. Might set you back 5-10 grand but apparently the effects are permanent so well worth it for a full head of hair.

Got it from a site I buy it off, but can't post the link because I don't want to break the rules. And added my personal experience with it

Start with the least invasive methods first (this worked for me so far):

- Improve general health/ nutrition
- Supplement Biotin in case of deficiency (unlikely)
- Stop smoking / drinking if you do

- Use Nizoral 2% to help block DHT
- Use topical 5% Minoxidil / Rogaine twice a day to stimulate hair growth (You will shed a bit at first, means its working)

Only then consider the more serious alternatives. And make yourself aware of the reported side effects of drugs like Propecia.

Quote: (03-31-2016 04:22 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Just get a hair transplant when the hair loss becomes bad enough. They're a fairly safe bets these days as the procedure has advanced dramatically in recent years. Might set you back 5-10 grand but apparently the effects are permanent so well worth it for a full head of hair.

[Image: steven-seagal-baldest.jpg]

[Image: elon-musk-hair-transplant.jpg]

Despite the success cases above, every time I'm at the gym I see a bunch of bald guys with a huge scar across the back of their head (apparently the scar that is left from a hair graft).

Seen a few guys with botched hair transplants so I would advise against it. Always start with nizoral shampoo or regenpure first. They do the trick for most guys, but if the hairless accelerates like it did for me due to heavy use of androgens, then try RU, its given me hair like I had in my 20's again

Quote: (04-02-2016 01:07 PM)musashi Wrote:  

Seen a few guys with botched hair transplants so I would advise against it. Always start with nizoral shampoo or regenpure first. They do the trick for most guys, but if the hairless accelerates like it did for me due to heavy use of androgens, then try RU, its given me hair like I had in my 20's again

Any sides with RU?

Ive experienced zero

Quote: (03-31-2016 04:22 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Dozens of threads on this already but wanted to point out that even if you have hair replacement surgery you will need to take finasteride or other measures afterwards unless you want to have a very strange balding pattern when the hairs right next to those that were replaced start to fall out.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, get on preventing it now.

Quote: (03-31-2016 05:35 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

I'm 21 and in the last year, my crown has started to thin out and my temples have receded quite a bit.

My hair still looks good now but if it keeps going at this rate, it will probably look quite bad by my mid 20s.

My father and mother's father have both had very bad hairlines as long as I can remember and in all photos I've seen of them in their adult lives.

Does anyone have any tips or experience on preventing hair loss before it happens? Supplements, diet tips, washing tips, or anything else?

Yes, it is possible to prevent hairloss and without the help of big pharma. I am 10 years older than you and still have a full head of hair and that is with hairloss on both sides of my family. Both of my Grandfathers are completely bald along with 2 out of 3 uncles on my mothers side. I was planning on putting up a data sheet so I will go into more detail when I get to that.

1)No shampoo:

If you are worried about losing your hair you must give up shampoo, its horrible for your scalp, even the natural stuff with tea tree oil strips the natural oils away. I haven't used shampoo in close to a decade.

2)Oil:

Your hair needs lipids in the scalp in order to live, without a sufficient supply of these lipids your hair will slowly dye and you go bald. To keep my scalp healthy and lipified, I rub oil into my scalp everyday, I use either olive oil or sesame oil because they are usually cheapest. Almond oil is good but expensive. I brush my scalp out to get rid of any dead skin, splash my head with warm water and then rub about a teaspoon of oil into my head and this is before my shower. In the shower I run water over my head but don't wash the oil out, its like a leave in conditioner. My hair is soft and shiny after, not at all greasy.

2)Massage:

Massage is one of the most important parts of preventing hairloss in my opinion, It brings blood flow to your scalp which feeds your hair follicles the nutrients needed to survive, loosens up the scalp and drains the lymphatic system. A tight scalp will restrict blood flow and restrict the layer of lipids in the top of your scalp (MPB). I massage my head every night before I go to bed. For the massage I separate my scalp into 3 sections, back, top and sides. I do a deep tissue massage using both palms and fingers. Knead each section thoroughly. Once a section is kneaded thoroughly take both palms and jerk the scalp upwards for the back and side sections of the scalp and back and forth when you get to the top. The scalp jerk should be done over the entire section, slowly move up until a section is complete. To reiterate, knead each section thoroughly and the go over each section again with the scalp loosening technique. It may sound weird but this keeps the scalp loose and healthy. The scalp massage should take no more than 20 minutes, it is best before going to bed because of how relaxing it is.

3)Exercise:

I work out everyday, 2 or 3 sets of tabatas. Any kind of workout will increase blood flow, do what works for you.

4)Diet:

I eat low carb keto. That being said as long as you are eating semi healthily, diet won't be much of a factor, there are junkies living on the street with pristine hairlines, I think the connection between diet and hair loss is way over stated.

5)Shower:

Always finish your shower with a cold water rinse, not only does it feel amazing but it also protects the follicles.

That is basically all I do to keep my hair, simple, cheap and no chemically castrating drugs needed. I hope that helps.

Hair loss in men is almost always caused by DHT - oxidised testosterone. Of the other lesser causes, none involve oil, shampoo, or lack of blood flow. Glad you got lucky with your genetics, but let's keep any data sheets on the subject based in science. There's enough snake oil on the internet as it is.

This

Hector's post is a load of nonsense. This is coming from someone who has been balding since age 15-16, has lived a active and healthy lifestyle as well as having tried all the snake oil BS. Let's remove the notion that MPB is caused by unhealthy habits, and is somehow a fault of the person experiencing it.

I have been doing similar massages to HectorLavoe based on a blog I read. So far hairline is staying solid. Based on what I read it takes 5 months to start seeing significant regrowth. I took some before picture so will report back in 3 months.

*Cold Shower Crew*
*No Fap Crew*
*150+ IQ Crew*

I really think it is possible to restore a scalp from hair loss. I paid for and downloaded a pdf about this, and it has pretty decent information about the causes of hair loss and how to combat it.

It boils down to blood flow(good) and DHT(bad).

Buy a boar hair bristle brush. You can find them at upscale barber shops. They are pricey, around $30 but they are the best hairbrush you could ever buy. Brush your hair 100 strokes five times a day with this brush, around the same time. This really gets the blood flowing.

"Flush" Niacin and L-carnitine are known to help hair growth.

Another tip, that is free, is that the theory goes that your skull continues to grow slightly after the rest of your body completes its growth. This puts pressure on the blood flow to your hair follicles. A possible way to combat this is to stretch your scalp by pushing upward and downward on it with your hands. Important not cause friction between your fingers and your scalp though.

Your pores get clogged by sebum, a mix of oil, dirt and dead skin. The DHT in the sebum affects hair growth. Do a 'scalp reset' by addressing any dandruff you may have. Nizoral is supposed to be effective for the type of dandruff that acts like a fungus on your scalp but was not effective on my scalp. The dandruff would come back The remedy is to get a natural shampoo(I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps..green label with white lettering .. which contains coconut, olive, jojoba and almond oils and NO sulfates). Wash your hair with the shampoo then apply Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with equal parts water. You don't need much ACV, probably 1/5 cup at most. Let that soak in for five minutes and then rinse out. Your hair and scalp feel great after this. Do this every night for two weeks. I'm in the middle of this right now and I will report back. The PDF(from nicehair.org) reads that if this doesn't work you may have a skin condition (for example, eczema) that may require medical treatment. I brush with the boar bristle brush after the ACV rinse(once my hair has dried) and my scalp gets throbbing with blood flow.

The sebum compacts over time, creating that shiny scalp look on fully bald men. It also talks about doing a chemical peel for your scalp with salicylic acid. I have not done this yet. I'm not fully bald but thinning at the top. I plan on finishing up the dandruff treatment then following these other instructions about using the "flush" Niacin and L-carnitine. I may go through with the chemical peel, I'm not sure.

The pdf is a little pricey, $30 or so but it emphasizes a natural approach(with exception perhaps, to the chemical peel) is well-researched and contains a lot of useful information.

Anyone try micro needling?

http://dermarollerinfo.com/micro-needlin...hair-loss/

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

[Image: hair-regrowth-igrow.gif-432138.jpg]

only $800! (plus shipping)
[Image: laugh7.gif]

All that does is delay the inevitable. Either your were born to lose hair or born not to. I started balding in my mid 20s and shaved it as soon as it was noticeable.

Shave it.

Build More Muscle.

Look good and masculine while bald.

Quote: (04-06-2016 09:19 AM)realologist Wrote:  

All that does is delay the inevitable. Either your were born to lose hair or born not to. I started balding in my mid 20s and shaved it as soon as it was noticeable.

Shave it.

Build More Muscle.

Look good and masculine while bald.

I second that.

I started balding bad last year and I shaved it.

I'm 22 now and believe me when I say it doesn't hurt your chances with girls, if that's what you're worried about.

Quote:PapayaTapper Wrote:
you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.

This article (ignore the fact that it comes from a cuck site) has some good tips on maintaining a decent hairstyle if you're balding. Skip to the "Hairstyles for Balding Men" part and you'll find great examples.

I personally prefer the Jason Statham buzz cut. I've found that the combination of very short hair + stubble helps to draw the attention away from my receding hairline. When I pair this with wearing a leather jacket and boots, I don't think anyone notices my hair.

Balding is a sign of a healthy level of testosterone. I have a fair amount of body hair, have been able to grow a great beard since I was 18 or so and yes at that age started going bald. There is nothing you can do to prevent it.

As said above, the best advice is to go with it, shave your head and improve yourself in all the other areas. Accept that there will be some women who won't be attracted because you are bald but enjoy it when women who like balding men are attracted to you.

The sooner you can accept your hair loss, the better off you'll be. Trust me. The last thing you want is to become neurotic about it, girls will pick up on your insecurity and that's a major turn-off. If you've lost enough hair you can't hide it, my recommendation is to go ahead and shave your head. It'll feel weird at first because you're not used to seeing yourself like that, but eventually you'll learn to love it. I recommend incorporating some facial hair into the mix, as I think it helps to balance out the look.

By the time you notice you're losing your hair, you've already lost a lot of it. This makes for an uphill battle if you decide to start treating it. So let me tell you what your options are:

1.) Minoxidil/Rogaine: This shit was originally intended to treat high blood pressure. During its testing phase, they discovered it produced an unexpected side effect of stimulating hair growth in some patients. It is supposedly more effective at helping you to keep the hair you have than growing back what you've lost. That's why it's imperative you start using it as soon as you notice you're losing your hair. If you ever stop using it, your hair will start falling out again. Supposedly, some guys have had success using this stuff (though I haven't known any personally) but for me, it was just a waste of time and money.

2.) Finasteride/Propecia: Stay the fuck away from this shit, seriously. You may be tempted to take a pill to try and prevent hair loss as opposed to rubbing Rogaine all over your scalp, but this stuff can have some horrible sexual side effects including E.D. I'd never had any issue getting or keeping an erection until after I taken Propecia for a week. I lost a notch because of this crap and immediately stopped taking it. Thankfully for me, everything went back to normal after I got off it, but some guys have reported having permanent side effects. Google it. The stories will give you fucking nightmares.

3.) Creative haircut/styling: If your hairline has receded, you can grow out your bangs to help conceal it. Use good judgment on whether or not this option is appropriate for you; if your hairline has already retreated too far toward the back of your head, give it up. For a little thinning at the crown, you can grow out your hair on top to help style it over the bald spot. Whatever you do, don't attempt a full combover.

4.) Hats/Toupees: You can wear hats to hide your baldness, but eventually someone will ask you "Why do you always wear a hat?" There's only so many times you can say "Because I feel like it" before people start putting two-and-two together. Also, you'd be surprised how many places look down on you for wearing hats indoors...EVEN IN 2016! I was told I couldn't enter a Vegas club until I took off my hat. Unbelievable, right? We live in an age where I'm supposed to accept because fucking Bruce Jenner thinks he's a woman that he's a woman, but wearing a hat indoors is STILL frowned upon. Makes perfect sense. Plus, what are you going to do if you meet some girl, run some game and she wants to hook up? Are you going to leave your hat on in the sack? Eventually, she's going to see you without your hat on and it may be more of a letdown if she thought you would've had more hair and don't. You might as well just come out with it from the get-go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVe4_SPLFJA - (Larry David on Being Bald)

5.) Hair Transplant: These cost entirely too much to be a practical solution for most men. Even if you can afford one, despite the doctor's sales pitch trying to convince you how great you'll look, it still won't be as good as natural hair. Here's a clip of Joe Rogan talking about the three hair transplants he underwent and how he now regrets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGnSBw9688 - (Joe Rogan on Dealing with Balding)

6.) Head shaving: After fighting it tooth-and-nail, you finally understand resistance is futile and you might as well shave your head. You realize just how much time, money, effort and energy you've wasted worrying about this shit. You could've been approaching women and developing your game, worked out and improved your strength and stamina, read books and learned new skills, etc. Anything would've been better than standing in front of the mirror stressing out over nothing. Life's too fucking short and truthfully, it won't affect your sex life nearly as much as you fear it will. In fact, I've been far more successful with girls after shaving my head than I ever was with a full head of hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8 - (Bald to Badass in Two Easy Steps)