rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How would you use $1000 to improve yourself?

How would you use 00 to improve yourself?

I decided that I'm going to use all of my $1,000 tax return solely on improving myself and my game. How would you spend $1,000 in the most effective manner?

About me:
6' 2"
average looks
Been working out at the gym for 5 years now.
Introverted
Funny
Live in a metropolitan area of a major city
Make a solid middle class income for a single guy
I have enough expenses saved up in the bank to live a year without a job

I am stealing this from someone else.

Use $500 for a flight to Colombia.

Use the other $500 to buy 200 boquets of flowers there.

Hand them out to all the model girls at malls for different promotions. Give them your number with the flowers.

----

Soma,

If someone says something gay like a getting gym membership please ban them. Or the unfathomable: VIP memberships to micro breweries.

Thanks.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

You should tell us a little more about you if you want suggestions for you.

If it were me, I'd leave it in the bank until a purpose presents itself. I have no immediate needs that require blowing $1,000.

I'd start with a VIP membership to my two favourite microbreweries.

Next, I'd buy multiple copies of every single one of Roosh's books until the $1000 was exhausted.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (03-30-2016 07:15 PM)Gas Wrote:  

You should tell us a little more about you if you want suggestions for you.

If it were me, I'd leave it in the bank until a purpose presents itself. I have no immediate needs that require blowing $1,000.

I updated the OP with more information about me

How is your attire? This money can be well spent on improving your wardrobe (shoes, watch, suits, jackets).

Also, consider traveling to somewhere you may want to set up shop if you ever decide to take a year off.

Hire a style consultant and spend the day shopping. Been planning to do that for a very long time.

Spend 300 for professional photos for online dating and resumes if needed. Spend the rest on a nice laptop as my current one is slow and outdated. Need a new laptop for online projects I want to do. Second others saying wardrobe changes.

Get a new outfit for summer.

Get a personal trainer, a good one.

Take a language course.

Take a trip to a country where they don't speak alot of english. Rent a room from AirBNB, do x amount of cold approaches, online game and go to a nightclub/bar by yourself.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I think a little more detail on who you are or what "challenges" you are facing would help for some better answers.

I would break down the spending into two categories - Experiential or Material.

Experiential
-Travel
-Learn a language (but this can be done without money by downloading programs - maybe spend some money on an italki.com tutor)
-Have an incredible meal
-Meet some guys from RVF
-Lock down a bar by spreading a little cash - Look up McQueen he had some posts on this I think
-Some new pics
-I think some stores offer a fashion consultation for free - check into that

Material
-Clothing
-A watch - do not buy a mystery hat
-Juicer
-Crockpot/Kitchen equipment
-Supplements/Protein
-Gym membership (you are already go this would be for any RVF lurker)
-A used motorcycle - chicks dig that shit
-Skin care products - look your best

What specifically do you want to improve?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

delete

$1000 will do nothing for you physically if you already go to a gym, but I also like LLLT therapy to improve mitochondrial fitness. http://selfhacked.com/2013/11/14/my-review-of-lllt/

I put together my own 660nm (deep red) setup from here for about $40 http://www.ledsupply.com/led-kits/led-li...kit-3-watt, though I should have also invested in an 810nm or 850nm infrared device in one of the selfhacked links. 660nm penetrates a few centimeters and, I believe, infrared penetrates a couple of inches. The trick is to stick with it as it gets better with use, as others will attest. I use it for a couple of minutes on my eyes and head every few days to good perceived effect.

Travel is the obvious choice for the rest of the money, but I'd have a hard time suggesting where you could go, that would be worthwhile, for around $1000 all included.

Use the grand for one eye of LASIK surgery. Take another grand out of your savings, and get the other one. I had it, and it changed my life.

Aloha!

Quote: (03-30-2016 10:31 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Use the grand for one eye of LASIK surgery. Take another grand out of your savings, and get the other one. I had it, and it changed my life.

Aloha!

Seconded. Except I got PRK instead of LASIK. Link of my experience in my signature.

I'd wait for one of the Grant Cardone online sales seminars/training courses to go on sale and hop on it. Right now its $1000 I think. This is the link for it, not affiliated whatsoever, I just find his stuff valuable that I've consumed so far (Youtube Videos, Audible Books, Podcasts): http://cardoneuniversity.com/

Just listening to his audiobooks and TV shows really gets you in a good frame of mind and has given me a few ideas. The idea is he pushes you to work 10x harder than anyone else and to hustle, hustle hustle. Its all mindset. The course may be a little dry from the outset, but it'll give you practical tips I think. Looks like one of those online e-learning courses, I programmed one of those for someone a long time ago.

He's a big sales guy but a lot of the things you can apply to life. Start off with a book first, the 10x rule. He's kind of a crazy psychopath but I like it.

Tall, young guy with average looks, in good shape and introverted. Here's what I would do.

Spend a day just Googling images of different guys. Check out some men's style magazines and sites on Instagram. Take note of the styles you like and download all the photos you like into a folder. As a starting point, musicians and actors tend to have stylists and a lot of money so they dress up well.

Here are a few examples.

Kanye does the rugged rich guy look well:

[Image: attachment.jpg30901]   

Johnny Depp if you're the hipster arty guy.

[Image: attachment.jpg30905]   

Harry Styles has the young, cool heart throb look that the 18 year olds will love.

[Image: attachment.jpg30903]   

Ronaldo is more preppy pretty boy.

[Image: attachment.jpg30904]   

Mayweather always looks fresh.

[Image: attachment.jpg30902]   

Then I would take the photos you like the best, study them and then go shopping and try to put some outfits together.

With $1,000 you could buy a couple of $200 pillar items, such as a jacket/blazer or sharp pair of shoes, and you could buy 8 or 9 $50-$100 items to give you some variation. Don't waste money on expensive socks or underwear or tank tops. Get all that stuff from budget stores and focus on quality shirts, sunglasses, pants etc.

Remember your style has to be congruent with your personality/lifestyle, so I find it stupid when young guys with no money wear suits or introverted guys try to dress outlandishly. No matter what your personality you can always find a sharp style to suit your game and vibe so focus on that first. You mentioned you have average looks, if that's the case a good wardrobe can definitely elevate your game and knock your looks up 1 or 2 points, especially since you're tall. You'll be surprised how much weight a woman puts on a guy's clothes and what assumptions she makes on him based on his wardrobe.

EDIT: I assumed you were a young guy for some reason, then I noticed you didn't post your age. However any guy can do this, but it's a particularly good exercise for a young guy if you have the money.

Quote: (03-31-2016 05:31 PM)Gas Wrote:  

Tall, young guy with average looks, in good shape and introverted. Here's what I would do.

Spend a day just Googling images of different guys. Check out some men's style magazines and sites on Instagram. Take note of the styles you like and download all the photos you like into a folder. As a starting point, musicians and actors tend to have stylists and a lot of money so they dress up well.

Here are a few examples.

Kanye does the rugged rich guy look well:

Johnny Depp if you're the hipster arty guy.

Harry Styles has the young, cool heart throb look that the 18 year olds will love.

Ronaldo is more preppy pretty boy.

Mayweather always looks fresh.

Then I would take the photos you like the best, study them and then go shopping and try to put some outfits together.

With $1,000 you could buy a couple of $200 pillar items, such as a jacket/blazer or sharp pair of shoes, and you could buy 8 or 9 $50-$100 items to give you some variation. Don't waste money on expensive socks or underwear or tank tops. Get all that stuff from budget stores and focus on quality shirts, sunglasses, pants etc.

Remember your style has to be congruent with your personality/lifestyle, so I find it stupid when young guys with no money wear suits or introverted guys try to dress outlandishly. No matter what your personality you can always find a sharp style to suit your game and vibe so focus on that first. You mentioned you have average looks, if that's the case a good wardrobe can definitely elevate your game and knock your looks up 1 or 2 points, especially since you're tall. You'll be surprised how much weight a woman puts on a guy's clothes and what assumptions she makes on him based on his wardrobe.

EDIT: I assumed you were a young guy for some reason, then I noticed you didn't post your age. However any guy can do this, but it's a particularly good exercise for a young guy if you have the money.

Thanks for the advice. I'm in my 20's

Quote: (03-31-2016 05:40 PM)Iso Wrote:  

Thanks for the advice. I'm in my 20's

Perfect time to do it. Shopping is a great time to game as well, especially the shopkeeper girls who sit in the shop bored as hell all day.

Hire a coach/join a mastermind in whatever area that a major improvement would make the biggest impact in your life overall.

What would have the biggest positive benefit to your life? Make $5,000 a month online? Meet and date much more/better quality women? Take your body to the top 1%?

Business: Hire a coach who can help you get your business to the next level, or learn a new business skill that you need.

Fitness: Hire the best LEGIT trainer you can get. Someone who gets real results out of their clients, be it online or in person.

Style: Get a consultant like Tanner at http://Masculine-Style.com and update your wardrobe.

Game: Day game coach who will force you to approach and kill approach anxiety.

Whatever.

In my opinion that would be hands down the best use of your money.

Agree with Rionomad. I had a sticking point with regards to retention post bang. I did a one hour skype call with a guy I consider the best in the game and he broke down where I was going wrong with regards to retention, I implemented his text and date protocol and I got over that sticking point. Whatever area you are lagging, find someone who is better and can help you.

Find a way to turn it into 2000.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Buy some real shoes [Image: smile.gif] 1k is a couple or three pairs of real, timeless, recraftable shoes: magnani, feregamo, alan edwards, etc.

Work well with jeans, suits or otherwise. Shoe game man, shoe game - few others are doing it or doing it well. Buy classic, timeless designs not the trendy year to year crap. I have pairs of shoes that are older than some of you cubs on the forum that 20 year olds chiclets notice on a regular basis...

Quote: (03-31-2016 05:48 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Business: Hire a coach who can help you get your business to the next level, or learn a new business skill that you need.

Which business man in his right mind and with any good skills would spend his time coaching people for money instead of spending time making more money doing business. I find it amazing how people buy into this mentor thing. Either someone helps you out for free and out of good will or he's screwing you over. If he really was that good of a coach, he'd not be selling his life by the hour to you as a "coach".

OP:
I'd get myself some language courses.

Quote: (04-01-2016 08:57 AM)trainwreck Wrote:  

Quote: (03-31-2016 05:48 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Which business man in his right mind and with any good skills would spend his time coaching people for money instead of spending time making more money doing business. I find it amazing how people buy into this mentor thing. Either someone helps you out for free and out of good will or he's screwing you over. If he really was that good of a coach, he'd not be selling his life by the hour to you as a "coach".

OP:
I'd get myself some language courses.

A mentor may charge some token amount to make sure you that you are serious about taking his advice.

There are a lot of people who sign up for things just because they are free. Charging money is the easiest way to weed out the keyboard warriors.

Alternatively, he may like you but charge some token amount out of pride alone.

Of course there are a lot of phonies. But this does not mean the best advice in business is free.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Donate it to Bernie Sanders