rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuckmedians

Cuckmedians

I think most of you would agree the saturation of pro-cuck/beta social programming in mass media is essentially ubiquitous, ie. it's become the norm and so people can no longer see or think outside of it.

I've always been a fan of standup comedy--the best stuff anyway. Chris Rock, George Carlin, Louis CK, Doug Stanhope are some of my favorites. Artists such as these were always a source of hope for me, I felt like these guys "got it" and preached the truth while being entertaining as fuck. Then a couple of years ago, this started to change.

Edgy, dark, *masculine* comedy started to give way to whiny, pandering, "progressive" bullshit. Even Louis CK, who was one of my favorites for years, seemed to shift from telling an honest male perspective to spewing white knight bullshit about how women are wonderful and men are pieces of shit, etc. Jim Jeffries is another one: he has a bit on how he and his girlfriend were home invaded, tied up and beaten, they threatened to rape her, etc., but he's still proud to not own a gun because guns are useless in that situation. He proudly says he's not a fighter. He has another one on how his GF used to brag about betting banged by one of the Miami Heat players.

And don't get me started on the Millennial generation of comics. Pure betas.

My concern is that comedy, at least at the high levels, is almost considered "high art" in our culture. This used to be a good thing, when you think of the Rocks and Carlins, etc. Now I'm afraid that the credibility built by those geniuses has been exploited to the end of indoctrinating the 105-120 IQ set, essentially the backbone of our society.

Cuckmedians

I agree that contemporary stand-up has gone to the dogs and for the usual reasons, but I can't go along with pretty much any of your picks.

I used to hit up New York stand-up fairly regularly before it turned to shit—you could catch a guy like Patrice O'Neill, sweaty and drunk as shit in a hole in the wall on the LES, or just, whatever, people were there to have a good time. Then the Harvard types decided they should own stand-up like everything else and the result is, well, summed up well enough by the thread title.

However I think a guy like George Carlin was just a proto-cuck himself. Louis CK basically repulses me. For some reason don't know anything about Stanhope's act. The thing about George Carlin was, he was always giving himself all this credit for being some kind of iconoclast, years after all the idols had been smashed—and his fans kept playing along. Well into his career, after it had become quite safe to snipe at, say, religion, certain types of people were still cheering his outspoken bravery. Now, make fun of religion all you want—but don't forget to be funny! I'm sure there was some guy in the Soviet Union with a parallel career track, who was constantly being lauded for making kulak jokes. (Paging Jon Stewart... worthless hack Stewart, call your office...)

Cuckmedians

The biggest "Red Pill" comic around right now is Bill Burr. Comedians are generally liberal by trade. It's performance art. You're always going to have more liberal-minded comedians than conservative ones who go against the progressive party line.

Also, that word "cuck" is getting so played out on this forum and in the anti-SJW culture in general. Not trying to pick on OP just another example that got me in the mood to type.

A "cuck" is just a man who's wife is unfaithful. Now we use it to describe any man who is weak or "beta." We're broadening and abusing this word an awful lot around here. I guess it is sort of an inside joke that is thrown around sarcastically or ironically, but I just think it's tired.

Cuckmedians

It just has a great ring to it.

Cuck.

Rhymes with f--k.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 07:14 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

A "cuck" is just a man who's wife is unfaithful. Now we use it to describe any man who is weak or "beta." We're broadening and abusing this word an awful lot around here. I guess it is sort of an inside joke that is thrown around sarcastically or ironically, but I just think it's tired.

When it first started getting used here it referred to politicians that set back a watched their tribe/country get fucked by outside powers. It was a clever play on the original meaning, but now it's just become a synonym for "beta" and has lost a lot of it's bite.

Cuckmedians

A cuck is the ultimate loser, socially and biologically. The epitome of male weakness.

Yes, it's hyperbole to call a weak man a cuck when we don't know for a fact that he enjoys watching his wife get fucked by other men. But as long as we understand that it is hyperbole and are judicious with its use, I think that cuck is the word our culture needs right now.

Cuckmedians

The biggest "Red Pill" comic around right now is Bill Burr. Comedians are generally liberal by trade. It's performance art. You're always going to have more liberal-minded comedians than conservative ones who go against the progressive party line.

Also, that word "cuck" is getting so played out on this forum and in the anti-SJW culture in general. Not trying to pick on OP just another example that got me in the mood to type.

I hear you, but #Cuckservative is still the my go-to phrase for Cruz/Kasich/Rubio/Yeb! supporters.....

Cuckmedians

I blame the ""alt right"" fags for abusing the cuck word. It's ironic because they're all cucks.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 07:02 PM)ladderff Wrote:  

I agree that contemporary stand-up has gone to the dogs and for the usual reasons, but I can't go along with pretty much any of your picks.

I used to hit up New York stand-up fairly regularly before it turned to shit—you could catch a guy like Patrice O'Neill, sweaty and drunk as shit in a hole in the wall on the LES, or just, whatever, people were there to have a good time. Then the Harvard types decided they should own stand-up like everything else and the result is, well, summed up well enough by the thread title.

However I think a guy like George Carlin was just a proto-cuck himself. Louis CK basically repulses me. For some reason don't know anything about Stanhope's act. The thing about George Carlin was, he was always giving himself all this credit for being some kind of iconoclast, years after all the idols had been smashed—and his fans kept playing along. Well into his career, after it had become quite safe to snipe at, say, religion, certain types of people were still cheering his outspoken bravery. Now, make fun of religion all you want—but don't forget to be funny! I'm sure there was some guy in the Soviet Union with a parallel career track, who was constantly being lauded for making kulak jokes. (Paging Jon Stewart... worthless hack Stewart, call your office...)

[Image: getthefuckoutbq3.gif]

Cuckmedians

Louis CK repulses me. He seems incredibly defeatist and depressing.

I'm genuinely bummed out that Patrice O'Neal passed away so early. He had a brilliant way of dropping huge truths in the most ridiculous and memorable ways and he never sounded condescending about anything. He just felt like such a chill dude who had wisdom from a bunch of experiences. I really miss the guy and wish he could have been around longer. He seems like a real kindred spirit for the people on this forum. R.I.P. Patrice.

Cuckmedians

Dave Chappelle did 4 nights here about 2 months ago and he was masculine and edgy as fuck - joking about Bill Cosby and referring to him as the "Steph Curry of rape".

He also had a spiel about how the more you listen to Donald Trump the more sense he makes... gave Carly Fiorina as an example. Lots of progs in the audience were laughing nervously and some chicas were booing good-naturedly but the swaggy alpha baws like me were yukking it up and cheering bawdily. Was good time.

Cuckmedians

You can't be a comedian in a repressive society. Or rather you can try, but no one will laugh at your jokes when they're all terrified that someone might be silently observing them and taking note if their reaction is incorrect, or if being the one person to laugh out loud will cause the offended mob to descend upon them.

Mainstream society these days is repressive, essentially a secular Puritanical culture policed through pervasive inter-citizen spying via social media. A comedian trying to truly be edgy in this kind of society won't get anywhere because venues won't hire him for fear of protest, nor will media hire him to do a sitcom for fear of bad publicity. Thus, any comedians we see now have either given up (Seinfeld), toned their act down (Jeffries, Burr), or were just leftist shills masquerading as comedians in the first place (Jon Stewartowitzenstein). Anything truly funny is going to come from anonymous sources on the internet, or from people catering to a subculture like Milo or Gavin McInnes.

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 09:24 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

You can't be a comedian in a repressive society. Or rather you can try, but no one will laugh at your jokes when they're all terrified that someone might be silently observing them and taking note if their reaction is incorrect, or if being the one person to laugh out loud will cause the offended mob to descend upon them.

Mainstream society these days is repressive, essentially a secular Puritanical culture policed through pervasive inter-citizen spying via social media. A comedian trying to truly be edgy in this kind of society won't get anywhere because venues won't hire him for fear of protest, nor will media hire him to do a sitcom for fear of bad publicity. Thus, any comedians we see now have either given up (Seinfeld), toned their act down (Jeffries, Burr), or were just leftist shills masquerading as comedians in the first place (Jon Stewartowitzenstein). Anything truly funny is going to come from anonymous sources on the internet, or from people catering to a subculture like Milo or Gavin McInnes.
Check out Anthony Jeselnik's material, especially his Netflix special Thoughts and Prayers. He recorded it in San Francisco - arguably the most liberal city in the US - and they loved his jokes.

To quote some random guy from YouTube, "The only time an offensive joke is actually offensive to me is when it's not funny." I think this applies to most people, even the super PC, liberal types that you see at Bernie Sanders' rallies.

Cuckmedians

^ Guys like Jeselnik and Tosh get away with their over-the-top style offensive-for-the-sake-of-being-offensive jokes because they have an overt air of complete sarcasm and irony to them. They are also limp-wristed harmless effeminate guys. Liberals love their jokes and will often cite them as being the prime example of "see you can be totally offensive AND funny" but it's all about the delivery and style.

Jeselnik and Tosh are clowns and very theatrical. I mean that in the sense that their delivery is obviously fake and for entertainment. They say off the wall shit for the sake of it. Guy like Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neal, Doug Stanhope, and Nick DiPaolo say shit with a casual and honest vibe. They aren't "putting on a show." The delivery style is like a ramble - they are just telling you shit thats on their mind and what they think about people and the world and they do it in a way that makes everyone laugh, but at the end of the night you go with something more than an ab workout. They make you think about shit.

Thats the difference.

Cuckmedians

Another thing. Dark humor can be offensive to even some of us who are definitely not sjws and liberals. I don't mind joking about dead, dying or ill people. Doesn't mean I'll laugh at them if they needed help.
On a sidenote, I've seen people on forums asking others if they needed therapy because they laughed at one of O Neal's jokes or found an Eminem lyric funny.
This puts people off some of the more red-pilled comedians. There was this Irish guy. Funny as fuck. Don't see him in the spotlight anymore, maybe he retired.

Cuckmedians

I wouldn't say Burr or Jefferies have toned down their act at all. Have you seen either of them live recently?

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 07:28 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

When it first started getting used here it referred to politicians that set back a watched their tribe/country get fucked by outside powers. It was a clever play on the original meaning, but now it's just become a synonym for "beta" and has lost a lot of it's bite.
You can get cuckolded by a scheming woman who gets you to raise another man's kids. That's sort of a tame insult and like calling a guy's wife a whore while calling him a moron for not suspecting it earlier.
The full nuclear cuckold would be a man who encourages his wife's infidelity and actually enjoys watching and participating in his wife getting fucked by other men. You can then stack that with more insults implying he's a faggot.

I consider it to mean "somebody who gains perverse value in something that should be counter to their interests."

Cuckmedians then would be people who claim to make "edgy" comedy but any time a fellow comedian crosses the line and fucks up (Seinfeld meltdown), they scatter or get on a soapbox to lecture everyone about tolerance, diversity, and why free speech bad.

In the rare event a cuckmedian is the one making an obliquely racist comment, it's almost a guarantee that they grovel and beg for their status and position back.

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 09:20 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Dave Chappelle did 4 nights here about 2 months ago and he was masculine and edgy as fuck - joking about Bill Cosby and referring to him as the "Steph Curry of rape".

He also had a spiel about how the more you listen to Donald Trump the more sense he makes... gave Carly Fiorina as an example. Lots of progs in the audience were laughing nervously and some chicas were booing good-naturedly but the swaggy alpha baws like me were yukking it up and cheering bawdily. Was good time.

Where did he do his show? I know his hometown is D.C (which ironically has produced a lot of comedians) and I was hoping he would come here for some shows.

He famously gave Hollywood the middle finger when they tried to make him wear a dress in a Martin Lawrence movie. Even if the dude was as funny on stage as a root canal, that's some Red Pill Hall-Of-Fame shit right there.

Cuckmedians

Agree with what a lot that's already been said about Dave Chappelle, Patrice ONeal (RIP), Bill Burr and Doug Stanhope. These guys look like normal working class guys on the surface but they've all got some deep wisdom on how the world works behind the curtain.

Chappelle is one of the realest guys out there, and has touched on a ton of deep red pill subjects like

Decline in the quality of women

Different perceptions on rape

Questionable circumstances of crime scene investigations

He was eventually pushed out and everyone thought he went off the wagon, but he had his own things to say about what happened.

Doug Stanhope is another hardcore red pill guy

Cuckmedians

Quote: (03-30-2016 11:28 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

I wouldn't say Burr or Jefferies have toned down their act at all. Have you seen either of them live recently?

Honestly I haven't watched a lot of stand up lately. I thought Jeffries was quite a bit edgier than Burr but I hadn't watched him in a while and I was just going off the OP's contention that he'd toned down.

Cuckmedians

20+ years ago comedian could do pretty much whatever he likes and only the audience in the room would hear it.

Now they have to worry for some cunt to post it on youtube or twitter and destroy/hurt a their career a'la Michael Richards etc. When they are developing new material this is specially risky because it's not ready for wider audience yet and some jokes can come of as really unfunny and offensive to everyone making the comedian look really bad.

Cuckmedians

My biggest commedian pet-peeve: going for YEAHs instead of HAAAs.

Going for cheers-of-agreement and I KNOW RIGHT instead of gut guffaw LAUGHS.

Carlin really slid towards the former rather than the latter, in the last decade or so of his career.

LouisCK is similar -- sometimes he jokes it up a bit more, but I cannot stand the defeatism, accept-your-lot, and anti-male vibe that I'm supposed to heartily "laughgree" with.

Chris Rock / Chappelle / O'Neal (who I caught in the West Village before he was huge, amazing!) -- these guys kept it HILARIOUS above all, even while dropping truths. Also avoided cuckiness.

I don't know Burr well enough -- on first glance he seems better on these factors, but he also has a touch of angry red-piller vibe. I'd have to check his stuff out more thoroughly.

Cuckmedians

One of the most clever lines from Jim Jeffries that I ever heard was [and i'm paraphrasing]:

You wanna know why I'm not gay [or why I don't like having sex with other men]? It's because I don't wanna fuck something that I respect.

Complete aww's and oooh's from the audience. On one hand he offended women, on the other hand he used a pro-gay joke as cover.

I don't really know if I wanna blame him for his Anti-Gun, Atheist views. In that regard, he just rather seems to be a product of his environment. English people have no concept of 2nd amendment rights or living in the south of the U.S....where gun culture is prevalent and people go out and shoot a gun at the gun range on a daily for the fun of it, if not hunting and for protection purposes.

Cuckmedians

Jim Jeffries is an Aussie.

I understand what your saying, 2nd amendment style gun rights are a foreign concept to most nations. If thats the case though why not be neutral and not even bring it up in your comedy?

Instead he chose to devote a good segment of his special to talking about it using typical Left wing liberal points. Hard for him to avoid the cuck tag. Especially when he is cool going into detail about his girlfriend's carousel riding days with other men.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Cuckmedians

Louis CK is the epitome of a miserable self-hating, female-pedestalising cuck. Can't stand the guy.