rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Climate/Weather or Landscapes do you prefer?

I can't stand the interior of continents. Dry Prairies, Grasslands, Savannah's, Eurasian Steppe's etc ... piss me off.

I hate humid coastal areas & the Tropics since sweating like a pig gets old. Humidity also makes me lazy and affects my libido negatively.. The whole 4 season temperate climate thing isn't my cup of tea either. Deserts are a no-no. Cold Atlantic shores like New England, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Ireland depress the shit out of me.

I do like rainy cities like London, Bremen or Copenhagen but they're accompanied with the aforementioned temperate 4 seasons.

Which brings me to Mediterranean climates. From southern Spain, France and Italy all the way to Greece, Cyprus and Lebanon. Also includes the coastal Maghreb , Western Cape of South Africa (Capetown & Stellenbosch) and of course the whole California coast and Southwestern Australia.

[Image: 2013-07-25-riviera.jpg]

Mild winters and warm summers. Low humidity and coastal. Two seasons and no extremes. In Mediterranean climates, my happiness automatically doubles. Food tastes better, sex with a 6 feels like sex with an 8 and i feel more in sync with myself.

I believe climate and landscape are underrated aspects in lifestyle design and general satisfaction which we need to talk about more.

Yes, I agree that Mediterranean climates are the best. In the Western Hemisphere that would be coastal California and Chile.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I like places that are hot and damp with minimal vegetation.

[Image: tumblr_lf5aor5hpj1qa7mr3o1_500.gif]

Deserts.

But, you know, the ones where I can survive. Like Arizona, Nevada, California, and the Southern Okanagan in BC.

I've spent years living in tropical areas in Asia and South America, but honestly I hate that weather, hate sweating the instant I go outside.

I like wearing a jacket sometimes, I like cool weather. I feel more energized and focused. I get more done.

Bogota is an example of a climate I like best.

65º - 75º daytime high is perfect.

Beaches, coasts, while great if the climate is right, aren't that important to me.

I'll likely still spend long periods of time in sweaty third world slumtropolises, as they provide so much entertainment and opportunity, but as time goes on climate is becoming more important to me in choosing where I spend my time. Tired of sweating.

Americans are dreamers too

Living in sub tropical Brisbane Australia I've grown accustomed to humid stuffy shitholes.

Amazingly when I visited Phuket and Bangkok mid last year there was the same high temperatures and 100% humidity that we experience in Brisbane. But for some reason I just didnt feel uncomfortable or horribly sweaty.

It was certainly a climate that I enjoyed even with me being fairly active and walking a minimum of at least 16 km a day.

Temperate, four seasons, need enough rainfall for a green landscape. Basically like western Europe. Rainy and damp (for a few days at a time) is fine, a little snow in winter is fine. Tropical and dry climates just make me feel like a fish out of water.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Med climate is very legit.

But anything between about 55-80 degrees and I'm fairly happy even with humidity. In some ways, I prefer the humidity since you can get those hazy summer sunsets and your skin doesn't dry out real bad like it does in low humidity places like the mountain west.

But I despise cold weather; anything around 45 degrees and below depending on humanity levels. It just kills the vibe. No one guys out. Girls wear a ton of clothes. Usually gets darker much earlier. Snow fucks up the roads and makes doing basic shit a pain in the ass. Hate it. I can deal with it but it doesn't mean I like it.

Even on a 90 degree+ day, you can get out and do somethings as long as you hydrate and can wear loose fitting clothes. Sucks to sweat like mad and needing to take a shower to feel fresh again but I'll take that and the hot/humid vibe vs frigid cold and snow. Every time.

This obviously depends in large part on your own personal physiology.

Despite being a Ukrainian, I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for cold.

I must have poor thermoregulation.

When I lived in San Francisco I'd go on dates with broads in a fleece and I'd be sitting there cold while the girl was perfectly comfortable in her skimpy little skirt.

So for me it's tropics all the way.

Although I concede the weather in Medellín is about as perfect as weather can be anywhere...but no beach = dealbreaker.

60 degrees is ideal.

Year round sun and mostly 70 is optimal for me so med climate is the way to go. I grew up in CA so it's obvious where my preferences lie.

There's still a winter in CA despite the misconception but it will only dip to around 35. Still plenty warm enough to go for a run outside with just sweatpants though.

In Asia there's a few sweet spots which can replicate the med climate albeit with a longer rainy season. The southern part of Taiwan comes to mind.

I live in the tropics now and is too hot and humid. All that humidity seems to trap pollution which is not good.

Costa Rica by far has the best climate I've ever enjoyed. I'll still have to travel to Asia and Europe to compare.

[Image: costaricapic2.jpg]

I hate the heat. Destroys my allergies. I love those days where it's a clear sky, but it's pretty cool… Somewhere around 18 degrees Celsius. Sort of like a chilly, Norwegian summers day.

Costa Rica by far has the best climate I've ever enjoyed. I'll still have to travel to Asia and Europe to compare. The best word I can use to describe it is "Fresh", not cold, not hot, and certainly not dry. It rains a lot there but that never bothered me.

[Image: 635687102808513902_2085708849_o_COSTA_RICA_faceb.jpg]

Its the high 60s to low 80s, and a bit of humidity is fine with me as it gives me much healthier skin, so basically Southern Florida in the winter months. I dont think theres a place like that on earth year round, It seems like all warm temperate climates have dry air. I personally love the 4 seasons but as I approach 30 I have no interest in spending another full year in New England.

I enjoyed the weather in Medellin a lot. That would be an ideal climate for me. I like warm weather but not too much of humidity. That's the reason why I cant live in Bangkok all year.

Hot, sunny, humid, etc. So long as it isn't freezing with a pissy drizzle or worse snow.

After growing up getting shat on with snow for the past 23 years I never want to deal with freezing weather again.

I always wanted to punch people who say, "When it's cold, you can always put on more clothes."
In 100* weather even with humidity you won't die for quite a long time so long as you have access to water.

In 0* weather you have roughly 30-45 minutes before the exposed skin freezes.

Temperate, 4 season climates. Everyone knocks the British weather, but I love it here. I love the seasons and the variety in the landscape that they bring. I live in the countryside, so I get to experience the best of it all.

When I lived in London for a few years at University I found life in Autumn and Winter less enjoyable, but in the countryside I love them. The changing colours, the carpets of leaves, the remote footpaths in winter, overgrown and covered in the hoarfrost are all beautiful. I love walking my dogs up on the hills in the driving rain and howling winds, then coming home to a warm fire and a cup of tea. I love the sense of satisfaction in being prepared for winter, when the wood piles are high and full of a good mix of logs. I love to see the snowdrops come up as winter eases, and the first blossoms on the cherry trees, just before the daffodils come through. The fresh, wet smell in the air on the first day winter is over and spring has come through has an invigorating effect, and experiencing that rush of hope and possibility is wonderful. I love opening up my beehives on the first warm day at the end of March to see how they've survived over winter, to feed them a little if they need it, and to sit and watch as they are out and about busily starting their work for the year.

I can't imagine living without seasons. There are things to look forward to in each, and importantly, things to miss.

Quote: (03-30-2016 03:29 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I always wanted to punch people who say, "When it's cold, you can always put on more clothes."
In 100* weather even with humidity you won't die for quite a long time so long as you have access to water.

In 0* weather you won't die for quite a long time so long as you have access to clothes [Image: rolleyes.gif]

I jest.

I prefer sunny but cold. My ideal temp is about 18 degrees C, and when I'm working in the workshop about 15. Hot weather makes labor intensive jobs so much worse. Especially welding and heavy engineering.

Quote: (03-30-2016 03:53 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Temperate, 4 season climates. Everyone knocks the British weather, but I love it here. I love the seasons and the variety in the landscape that they bring. I live in the countryside, so I get to experience the best of it all.

When I lived in London for a few years at University I found life in Autumn and Winter less enjoyable, but in the countryside I love them. The changing colours, the carpets of leaves, the remote footpaths in winter, overgrown and covered in the hoarfrost are all beautiful. I love walking my dogs up on the hills in the driving rain and howling winds, then coming home to a warm fire and a cup of tea. I love the sense of satisfaction in being prepared for winter, when the wood piles are high and full of a good mix of logs. I love to see the snowdrops come up as winter eases, and the first blossoms on the cherry trees, just before the daffodils come through. The fresh, wet smell in the air on the first day winter is over and spring has come through has an invigorating effect, and experiencing that rush of hope and possibility is wonderful. I love opening up my beehives on the first warm day at the end of March to see how they've survived over winter, to feed them a little if they need it, and to sit and watch as they are out and about busily starting their work for the year.

I can't imagine living without seasons. There are things to look forward to in each, and importantly, things to miss.

Hate to be that guy, but England has 3.5 seasons. The .5 season being an occasional frost. This place is a tropical paradise compared to what new englanders have to face.

You want to see four distinct seasons head to the north east of America. Hot humid 80+ summers, mild spring, sorta mild fall then insufferable cold, and then freezing single digit winters with multiple feet of snow.

Quote: (03-30-2016 04:14 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Hate to be that guy, but England has 3.5 seasons. The .5 season being an occasional frost. This place is a tropical paradise compared to what new englanders have to face.

You want to see four distinct seasons head to the north east of America. Hot humid 80+ summers, mild spring, sorta mild fall then insufferable cold, and then freezing single digit winters with multiple feet of snow.

It's all a matter of degrees

I like it 70F with beautiful hill views and small towns like when i visited South Germany. I HATE floridian weather... whenever i go outside it feels like i'm being cooked alive. Then you have to run AC almost 24/7.

I'll go against the grain and say I love four distinct seasons with a snowy and cold winter. I could never live somewhere like San Diego where the weather is the same year round. I love warm and sunny summers, brisk autumns with colorful leaves, cold winter mornings where I have to start my car and shovel six inches before work, and a gentle rain in the spring that brings everything back to life.

I enjoy going to the beach and hiking in the warm months. I love ice skating, skiing, and other winter activities in the cold months. I can't live somewhere that doesn't get a hard freeze every year. Winter is nature's reset. I lived in the south for a bit and the bugs never die.

The seasons bring a variety to your life. I'll take a couple months of cold weather every year over the dullness of constant temperature. And it also doesn't feel like Christmas if there isn't snow on the ground.

Quote: (03-30-2016 06:47 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-30-2016 04:14 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

It's all a matter of degrees

[Image: 2760-5456.gif]

I hate anywhere close to freezing temps so it would have to be 50+ before I'm happy. Which explains why I'm miserable as fuck in this craphole and getting out soon.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.