rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kickstarter is SJW central

I "liked" Kickstarter on Facebook a while back.

And recently I noticed that most of the projects they're pimping in their newsfeed are bullshit SJW campaigns.

Here are the last 8 campaigns they pushed on FB:

[Image: PGBvIBw.png]

Oh so edgy, politically-charged "art".

Looks stirring.

[Image: eo1mIWd.png]

Chick goes to therapy, doesn't get all her whining done there.

[Image: agree2.gif]

[Image: hU2ln1s.png]

More "art" inspired by stuff mixed with inspiration from other stuff.

[Image: zuefUn3.png]

WNF.

Would not fund.

[Image: EFOB12g.png]

Ugly chicks doing puppetry and donating musical instruments to kids in Africa...

So many feels.

[Image: 5vSLRKe.png]

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

[Image: s5vpueZ.png]

Ok this is pretty cool.

[Image: fVWlhuS.png]

TLDR; Effeminate hipsters doing gay hipster shit.

Conservatively speaking, at least 50% of the Kickstarter projects being pimped on the FB page are SJW feel-good bullshit.

I get it, it's their business to promote whatever projects they see fit on their social media.

Just as it is our business if we don't want to support their platform.

What I don't understand is how does it make business sense to politicize your marketing this way?

The forum should make a Kickstarter project just to see how it would develop.

We could name it something like "promoting the opening of pet shops in more neighborhoods"

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

They are marketing to their primary audience i would guess. At least half the country has got to lean sjw, and probably higher in the types that donate to kickstarter.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd Make America Great Again!"

Quote: (03-27-2016 02:01 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

The forum should make a Kickstarter project just to see how it would develop.

We could name it something like "promoting the opening of pet shops in more neighborhoods"

The Initiative To Determine If That Laptop Is Any Good

Not half the country. If you think about it, the kind of people that live and breathe the internet are far more likely to lean SJW just because people who do are far more likely to feminized "males" than they are real men.

Second factor is that of COURSE kickstarter is going to appeal to SJW's. There's nothing that defines them more than having an entitled attitude where they expect to be paid for being useless.

What do you expect from a service that's entire design is based on people on the internet asking for handouts.

Personally I don't care if these faggot cucks want to hand over their money to some deranged tranny like Johnny Flynt/Brian Wu so he can "fight harassment" aka buy a new expensive motorcycle. It's better their money is spent on delusional causes then things that could directly harm us.

The girl in that Kickstarter Crap video Laughing Man posted:

WB, but wouldn't want to stay around and listen to her talk afterward. She can put that "hurtful comment" in her book.

Quote: (03-27-2016 03:45 PM)EuphoricWizard Wrote:  

Personally I don't care if these faggot cucks want to hand over their money to some deranged tranny like Johnny Flynt/Brian Wu so he can "fight harassment" aka buy a new expensive motorcycle. It's better their money is spent on delusional causes then things that could directly harm us.

More SJWism in the world indirectly harms us though.

Teaching foreign languages to preschool kids in a way that can be fun and interesting to them is cool. All the other ones are pretty gay though.

[Image: 611684-14718-47.jpg]

What a bunch of tripe. I only visit Kickstarter when I see a link to something I actually care about on there - I recently funded Overload, a game that's the spiritual successor to the PC shooter classic Descent, which looks totally badass and is far along in the development process. Kickstarter is great for actual, interesting stuff, but of course they wouldn't feature that when there's the opportunity to pander to SJWs and virtue signal.

Quote: (03-27-2016 01:45 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

[Image: PGBvIBw.png]

Merging music and spoken word? So, reinventing what the Beatniks already did, then.

I originally phrased that as "resurrecting" the Beatniks, which is a Kickstarter I could wholeheartedly and generously support. Given how often fictional efforts in that vein go terrifyingly (and gruesomely) wrong, it would be worth it for the slasher-film-like entertainment value should these SJW reanimators succeed.

I think this is the inevitable fate of any nascent system, such as American democracy, eBay, or Kickstarter. Once the brave new idea achieves critical mass (Declaration of Independence, IPO, company name becomes a verb), outlier scenarios start appearing in various iterations (America's Dumbest Criminals, Florida Man, trying to auction virginities and/or nuclear reactors, documentaries about triggering PTSD from traversing Emory University).

In order to reign in the insanity, new laws, rules, and boundaries are placed by the gatekeepers who are just trying to keep their racing engine revving. Eventually, the overbearing restrictions entomb the system and snuff it out, as people abandon it and move on. The circle of life, I guess.

I blame it on hubris.

Also, the homeless need to get with the times and up their game.

If they took their begging money and got a pay-as-you-go phone and used the free WiFi all over the cities they dwell in, they could start gofundme pages and be living easy in passive income. Kids on FB love giving money to people for absolutely no reason.

I saw some kid link his gofundme that was "Give me money just because" - dude had $36 in there so far.

Quote: (03-27-2016 04:10 PM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

Quote: (03-27-2016 03:45 PM)EuphoricWizard Wrote:  

More SJWism in the world indirectly harms us though.

One thing Gamergate exposed for me is the crowdfunding racket. You see the troons like Johnny Flynt raising like 3k/month but then you look at whose donating it. It's basically the same clique all donating to each other and very little money is actually being generated. The illusion being created is that lots of people are which makes people more likely to donate. Basically Flynt gets a $20 donation from SJW A and Flynt donates that $20 back to SJW A. It's only a very very tiny amount at the top of the oppression pyramid who actually generate anything like Sarkeesian. SJWism is still failing miserably when they attempt to release it. The game Sunset had all the SJW journos pushing it and it horrifically failed with the studio closing down. Meanwhile that one indie game I can't even remember that was basically about mass murder sold extremely well, Dead or Alive 3 can't keep up with all the orders right now after getting 1.5/10 reviews from token white liberal cucks.

Something seems very off with Kickstarter. I have no issue with crowdfunding. It can be a great way to raise capital for a start up business. But there lacks a vetting process on Kickstarter which means anyone can use it. All the above projects will not make enough money to repay their initial investment - which defeats the point of it entirely.

It would be far more credible if they limited who can start a Kickstarter to companies only. That way the investors know they have a chance of a return on their investment. But let Kickstarter fail there are better websites out there if profit is your motive.

In fact I've seen a Kickstarter from a Facebook contact to raise funds to buy a motorbike (old one was supposedly stolen) which is damn pathetic. That sort of stuff is best left with insurance companies, assuming they had insurance of course.

Quote: (03-28-2016 04:01 AM)Ethan Hunt Wrote:  

Something seems very off with Kickstarter. I have no issue with crowdfunding. It can be a great way to raise capital for a start up business. But there lacks a vetting process on Kickstarter which means anyone can use it. All the above projects will not make enough money to repay their initial investment - which defeats the point of it entirely.

It would be far more credible if they limited who can start a Kickstarter to companies only. That way the investors know they have a chance of a return on their investment. But let Kickstarter fail there are better websites out there if profit is your motive.

In fact I've seen a Kickstarter from a Facebook contact to raise funds to buy a motorbike (old one was supposedly stolen) which is damn pathetic. That sort of stuff is best left with insurance companies, assuming they had insurance of course.

It defeats the point because that's not actually the point.

People donate to Kickstarter to help a project get made, in return for different "rewards" based on how much they donate. They're basically prepaying for a product.

As far as I know, the only time money is returned to funders is if they don't raise enough to start the project or they fail to complete the project.

For example, Mike Cernovich recently had a Kickstarter to get a documentary made. People who donated will get to see the movie, possibly get a copy of the movie, and a select few (who donated the money) will get producers credits or tickets to screenings. That's it.

Exactly what Enigma said.

The real creators are taking pre-orders (with a few other "prestige" awards thrown in for emotional appeal). In that sense it's a great platform to use.

The parasites are just asking for money to do what they want to do (almost no connection with what the potential audience might want). They make appeals using "help me" or "this is my dream". It's entirely about them.

Strangely, in my small sample size of doing or helping with crowdfunding campaigns, I've found that a certain amount of "this is my dream" angle is necessary. It goes against everything I know about marketing. Perhaps it's just the heavy emotional checkpoint for the primary user of crowdfunding platforms (emotional SJWs).

One of the things I've noticed with Patreon (which is a monthly payment, rather than a one-time campaign) is the importance of having a deliverable.

Many of the people who are on there are just asking for money to keep doing what they're doing, while simultaneously prettying it up with nonsensical rewards. Almost without fail, they all stop producing their regular content within months, and wind up resenting their audience.

Then there are those that actually deliver something at the end of each month to earn that money; that's work ethic, and it tends to result in better content.

I don't understand what a lot of kickstarter projects are even doing, they are that convoluted.

Jane Smith is exploring the connection between lived experience on
organic beet farms and the patriarchal suppression of women's voices
on the London underground. Her sculptures capture the essence of how
modern day society imprisons the female form based on false pretenses.

Raised: $345,000 in 11 days

[Image: d6f.jpg]

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (03-28-2016 04:01 AM)Ethan Hunt Wrote:  

The problem or issues I have with Kickstarter is that the money gets put up first, and then the product is delivered.

If the person/company had to make the product first, the incentive is to make the product as good as possible so people will buy.

With the money being paid first, the only incentive is to make something 'good enough' so you do not get sued for not delivering.

The other problem is that many projects on Kickstarter are probably there because there is no way anyone would invest in the product or service in the first place. In the normal method of investing money a product and then selling it, there would be a vetting process where whoever was financing the product would want to know how are they going to get paid back. With a Kickstarter, this vetting process is all gone, so useless products get funded. That is why I expect as time goes on we will see more and more SJW type of projects getting funded there, it is the only place they could get money to do these documentaries or poem books or whatever they 'feel' like doing. It will also be interesting to see how bad these end projects are.

E-Beggars are all over the place. There's a dude on YouTube "Nomadic Fanatic" who evidently pulled two tranny scams to get donations to fix his motorhome.

The 1986 Ford chassis RV tranny dying I can buy, but he bought a new one 2 weeks later with donated money and it's tranny died as well, with only 22k miles (and a 2002 model Chevrolet chassis).

https://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicfanatic

Guy also lives with his giant cat in the RV, no woman to be found [Image: lol.gif]

Plus a bunch of felonies...

It's entertaining to follow what the guy calls "a troll" who basically made another channel exposing him as a liar. NF and his fans have gotten this guy's channel deleted a bunch of times but he always comes back and re-uploads:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNCVLk-...F-ro3WIR3Q

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.