rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Luanda, Angola datasheet

I was writing a datasheet about Luanda, Angola to Ajiaco but i just decided to create a new topic, because few guys on here also inquired me to write a datasheet about Angola.

Angola is a fast growing country, that is rich in oil and diamonds and now that the civil war has ended, they have been receiving foreign investment from all over the world.

The population is around 17 million, but most of people are concentrated in Luanda (around 5 million here) because thats where most of business opportunies and jobs are. Literally everything here is expensive, a laptop that i bought in the UK for 200 dollars, i could easily sell it for 400 dollars here and people would buy it without an argument, because they know in shops they would probably get it for 600 dollars or more. Clothes are also really expensive, a nice shirt that could have costed me 30 dollars in europe, would cost me 120 or 150 dollars here, the price difference is just crazy and think about this in every single area of life, they pay double, triple price for everything, its really expensive so its good for small business people or big business people (its not a business forum so i will stop here).

The girls

The girls are really hot, no doubt about this shit, probably one of the countries i have been where i have seen so many hot women. However the women here are extremely materialistic, if you dont have lots of money or at least have the apppearance of owing lots of money, you wont be fucking 9´s on regular basis. Girls here believe that if you dont have a car, then you are not a real man, so renting a car while you staying here is a must, plus you dont really want to be here without a car, public transport sucks and you wont be able to get anywhere if you dont have a car. The competition here is also real strong in terms of pulling women, it is not like most of latin countries where you go, and you feel like you have more money than everybody. Here when you start hitting the right spots, you will see many young rich people and they love to throw dollars around.

Overall girls are real easy here, but you really need a car here because you wont have any means to meet them again if you dont drive and remember, money here is more important than looks, they would rather date a dude without a style who has lots of money, than date a dude with lots of style but doesnt drive or has lots of money. By the way, dont think that you need to get here and start spending lots of dollars, no you dont need it if your game doesnt involve spending dollars, basically you just need to rent a nice car and staying at a nice hotel, that will mean that you have dollars.

Also be careful with the hiv rate here, its really high, probably one of the highest rate in Africa, you definetely aint looking to be fucking around without a condom and i wouldnt advise you to buy the condoms from here, they bust real quick, bring your condoms from your country.

Luanda as a city overall is a real dirty city(the dirtiest i have seen) but it also can be real safe. I have been to few hood raves that even locals are scaried to go to and i havent had problems with anybody, they will just get mad at you if the women start throwing themselves at you (thats only in the hood parties, it wont happen if you go to a normal club in the city). However i wouldnt recommend you to go to a hood party if you dont know any locals here (most of the locals would be scaried to go anyway) but if you into real fine booty ass women than the hood parties are the place to be (when i say fine booty ass women, i mean fine booty ass women, if you are looking for the pretty faces, women with style, good education and lots of money, then you dont want to hit the hood parties, in this case you want to hit the city clubs where you will see hot mullatas).

I dont know much about the nightclubs here because i dont hit nightclubs anywhere i go, i prefer raves or i just daygame, plus im here for money purposes, not really for the women.

Also if you can play basketball, go to miramar and ask where they play basketball and they will definetely love to play with a foreigner, specially if you are an american. Angola has the best basketball team in africa, so guys here are really good at basketball, miramar is also a place where you can make connections for you to go out at night, most of young guys drive here, so they will probably take you around if they find you to be a cool guy.

If you are a white or black american, i guarantee you, you will own this country. Its an absurd how much they love americans, they think americans are god. Also the americans they meet here are mostly working in oil industries, so they dont really get the americans with lots of style that the tv usually shows them. However if you are an american and you have style then you will literally kill the city. But be humble, dont go around saying that you are an american, soon as few people know that you are an american (or a foreigner), everybody will know it, without you notice that they know that you are an american (foreigner). Hit universities to check out the girls, lusiadas university, universidade catolica, you should also check out some colleges, where they have the younger girls, i think the better girls are there, i have seen some bad chicks here in uniform ( i dont know the names of colleges but i could get them if you are interested in knowing it)

Do i recommend you to come here? If you have been to many places around the world, then yes, you may want to check out the scene here, so you will get a different vibe of what you are already used to, however get on social network sites such as hi5 and facebook and try make connections here before you come, finding the right connections here is also key to how much fun you can have.

Probably the best time to come here would be March or April.

Most of people are illiterate, its difficult to find people who speak english, if your spanish is perfect, then you should be fine, there are thousands of cubans in Angola since the 70´s so people here are used to cubans and to hear people speaking in spanish.

Oh by the way if you guys didnt know it, Angola is a portuguese colony, so everybody here speaks portuguese.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Great Data Sheet my Man...I think I would do really well here...I've met several mixed chicks with Roots from Angola in the US and Scandi I've been wanting to check out the place for a longest time but it seems so damn expensive there...Ideally I would like to get hooked up with a local heavyweight thru social circle and roll from there before I arrive. Good Stuff keep the good data coming!

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Thanks pitt, there's a lot I don't know about Africa apparently...

Couple other questions if you don't mind and get a chance...do you have any pictures of hot girls from there?

What kind of music do they like? What's the big style of music in Angola that is from Angola?

How would you compare Brazilian and Angolan portuguese?

Thanks dude.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

I am trying to upload some pics but its taking too long so i may do it another time.

You wont find another country that listens to so many different types of music..they play everything here and i mean everything..mainly kizomba, drum and base, brazillian music, kuduro, hiphop, old classic songs from south america..etc etc..they play everything.

The portuguese from here is more portuguese from portugal than portuguese from Brazil, but you should communicate fine with them if you understand portuguese.

The angolan style of music is kizomba and kuduro.

Internationalswagger yeah if your connections are tight then you should find a good heavyweight person to show you around here. Chris brown was here last week to perform with fat joe and few other american artists.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (07-14-2011 09:15 AM)Ajiaco Wrote:  

Couple other questions if you don't mind and get a chance...do you have any pictures of hot girls from there?

Enjoy.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (07-14-2011 10:48 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Enjoy.

The link that you posted displays mostly mixed race women who only make up about 2 percent of the population most of them are black or other races."37% of Angolans are Ovimbundu, 25% are Ambundu, 13% are Bakongo, 2% are mestiço, 1-2% are Portuguese or other whites, and other ethnicities make up 22% of Angola's population"(Wikipedia). The other races of women as a rule are not checking for black men even if he is from the states. I have been to Angola twice and I thought the girls were pretty sexy, they had amazing accents. I saw a lot of slim chocolate chicks who were university students. Many of them want to fuck you out of curiosity. As mentioned before American hip-hop culture is big out there so one could use that to his advantage.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Nice data sheet pitt. Are you from the United States? I think Americans need to get a visa to go there. I was wondering how the process goes. I've been interested in Angola and I've read up on Luanda and seen pictures it seems like a fascinating place. I have a friend from brasil who worked in Angola for a half a year and he said the Portuguese is a lot different and it took him a couple weeks to get use to it.

I speak Brazilian Portuguese pretty decent but it seems like it could be hard to get a grasp of how the Portuguese is spoken there if you are only there for a short stint.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (07-14-2011 11:41 AM)Theogreat Wrote:  

The other races of women as a rule are not checking for black men even if he is from the states.

I don't want to hear that. However, as long as the Angolan chicks in the links below are checkin' for me...I'm on the fastest thing smokin' out of LAX.

My type of Angolan chicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834z_CUWe...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTgqlqWCA...re=related

Luanda, Angola datasheet

You are more inclined to see women that look like the women in the second link than the second link.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

^^^My bad I meant the second link than the first link.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Damn, I understood every word in that video. I better take advantage that I am fluent in Portuguese and head down there.

Mixx

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Enjoy.

I get the impression that if one would like Bahia in Brazil, they'd like Angola too.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

can someone post a pic that represents the women in this city?

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (07-14-2011 03:01 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

can someone post a pic that represents the women in this city?

How useful is that though? Because the average random women in just about every country is just that - average, usually no better than 5.

I think what we really want to know is how easy is it to find hotties(7+) and how receptive are they to people outside their social network.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (07-14-2011 02:53 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Enjoy.

I get the impression that if one would like Bahia in Brazil, they'd like Angola too.

Yeah its true. Bahia has a lot in common with Luanda.

Well i find the women here to be friendly, if you look good, dress good (dressing good is a must here, the local guys do everything for the appearance) and you usually pull women in whatever country you go to, you should pull here without a problem.

I have seen many white guys here with black women.

If you hit the upscale clubs, you will meet mostly light skin people, the bouncers dont allow most of dark skin people to come in, but soon as he notices that you are a foreigner and you have mad style, they should allow you come in.

Look like you have money and find the right local to take you around and you will have fun.

If any of you decide to come here, dont rely on one source to take you around, its all about having different people to take you out, so you will have different experiences.

I forgot to mention mussulo, tell them you want to go to Mussulo, its a beach near Luanda where you see the richest people chilling there during the weekends..you will see real bad bitches there.

Never rely on pics of the internet to know how much hotties you will see in that country, if i always relied on that then i would find most of countries not to have hot women..you have to be inside of the country to see the amount of hot chicks the country has.

These 3 chicks are singers..the middle one may be a model, not sure..the one in red got a phat ass..her name is yola semedo.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Has anyone been to Angola recently?

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (02-25-2018 12:06 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Has anyone been to Angola recently?

Am also interested.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Angola is currently going through an economic crisis, US banks assumed Angola was supporting terrorism and they told south african banks to stop giving angolan banks US dollars, oil production is low, more than 50% of the people working in the oil industry left the country and violence soared.

While cost of living in Angola currently is cheap for those who live in the west, I think it’s a terrible time to go there. Angola economy solely relied on oil industry, now that the oil is down, they are having a hard time. They also just elected a new president after the last one being in power for 38 years. Angola was a good country to make money, if you want women you have better options around africa and with way less competition.

I am looking to visit South Africa soon before it collapses for good, may also do Uganda or Sierra Leone.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (08-25-2018 06:39 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Angola is currently going through an economic crisis, US banks assumed Angola was supporting terrorism and they told south african banks to stop giving angolan banks US dollars, oil production is low, more than 50% of the people working in the oil industry left the country and violence soared.

While cost of living in Angola currently is cheap for those who live in the west, I think it’s a terrible time to go there. Angola economy solely relied on oil industry, now that the oil is down, they are having a hard time. They also just elected a new president after the last one being in power for 38 years. Angola was a good country to make money, if you want women you have better options around africa and with way less competition.

I am looking to visit South Africa soon before it collapses for good, may also do Uganda or Sierra Leone.

Thanks for the update.

I want to brush up my Portuguese the next year. That's why Angola is particular interesting to me.

How well spoken is Portuguese over there? On the same level like in Brazil (native level)? Is the Angolian Portuguese very different from Pr-Pr or Br-Pr?

Furthermore, you said it's dangerous to go right now. How dangerous? High risk being robbed? Kidnapping? Would like to hear more about potential safety issues.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Angolans speak portuguese as first language, specially in Luanda, different from other african portuguese colonies that speak creole as their first language (Cape verde, Bissau), their fluency in portuguese depends in what type of family they come from, education level, the area they live in etc, if you want to improve your portuguese you better off going to portugal. There is a good number of africans in Portugal, Lisbon lately has been the destination for many westerners who work online, it’s affordable, very safe, people are quiet friendly, best food in the whole world and plenty of activities to do. There is also a huge influx of brazillians to Portugal, mainly upper class and middle class brazillians.

Angolan portuguese is very different from brazil portuguese, the most educated ones sound more like portuguese from Portugal, the average person sounds like they speaking african portuguese.

A teacher from brazil was just killed in Angola 3 weeks ago, they were trying to rob his car. Unemployment is really high at the moment, it’s a bad time to go. If you really want to experience african culture where they speak portuguese you could go to Cape Verde, they speak creole between them but they will speak portuguese to you once they know you don’t speak creole. CV is way safer, more organised (it looks like parts of Lisbon), affordable and you are free of catching primitive diseases. Angola can be fun but man stay away from it, it’s definitely a bad time to go there, you have been warned.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Pitt, people I know who've been or who have lived in Angola say it is extremely expensive given that it is an oil state. Rent and food for foreigners is perhaps the most expensive in Africa and Luanda has been on expat lists as the most expensive city overall for foreigners, yet you say it is cheap living compared to the West? Compared to Manhattan perhaps or could you elaborate that statement a bit?

A colleague of mine paid 4000 a month for his place there about 5 years ago. Schooling for his kids was another several thousand a month. He said you couldn't get a decent lunch there under 50$. The economic crisis must have made it more affordable but cheap?

Btw I very much agree with the general observations of the datasheet. Some things I will confirm as well in a future datasheet on the region.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Quote: (08-25-2018 08:38 AM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Pitt, people I know who've been or who have lived in Angola say it is extremely expensive given that it is an oil state. Rent and food for foreigners is perhaps the most expensive in Africa and Luanda has been on expat lists as the most expensive city overall for foreigners, yet you say it is cheap living compared to the West? Compared to Manhattan perhaps or could you elaborate that statement a bit?

A colleague of mine paid 4000 a month for his place there about 5 years ago. Schooling for his kids was another several thousand a month. He said you couldn't get a decent lunch there under 50$. The economic crisis must have made it more affordable but cheap?

Btw I very much agree with the general observations of the datasheet. Some things I will confirm as well in a future datasheet on the region.

A quick AirBnB check revealed slightly higher prices than in other major cities. But with ~1,500€/month for a very nice pad, prices aren't too crazy.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Rotten apple their currency has devalued a lot, around 2011 100 dollars was 10000 kwanzas, just few weeks ago 100 dollars was 50k kwanzas, as today i think it’s 40000 kwanzas. In 2011 yes, it was crazy expensive, as expensive as New York or Japan but if you have USD things are way cheaper at the moment. If you paid 300k kwanzas (3000 dollars) back in 2011 for an apartment, that same apartment would cost you cheaper than back then because most foreigners left and there is no high demand like back then but even if you were to pay the same price you still would pay only around 750 USD per month.

The same applies for everything else, if you have USD things are not as expensive as it was back then.

Luanda, Angola datasheet

Good information, thanks, I'm not too far off, maybe I'll pay a visit!

Luanda, Angola datasheet

So we have to play the rich man game but also the "please don't take me hostage when I tell you I'm rich" game?

Meeehhh...

Is there anyone where in Africa (HIV or not) where I can pickup chicks easy, smash and don't worry about getting a shotgun round to the chest?