rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Preparing for the Future as a High School Student

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking here for about a year now and I've felt that the progress I've made in the past year wasn't enough and that I really need to step it up considering how fast time flies by. For starters, I'm a 16 year old asian male living in Boston on the East Coast.

For the past year, I've mostly been studying up on Red Pill Philosophy, working out, working on posture, and working on my style. I was focusing on too many things at once and the end result was making next to no progress on everything I do.

From now on, I plan to treat myself as 26 instead of 16 and that I have 4 years before becoming 30 as a way to stop procrastinating and actually get things done.

The two main things I want to focus on are making money and developing my social skills like approaching. Other things I want to do but won't place as much of an emphasis on are continue working out, join a dancing class, join a boxing class, join an acting class, practice public speaking, work more on body language improve my style, and start to read more books.

1. Social Skills: I was actually planning to do the Approach Anxiety Program http://www.goodlookingloser.com/anxiety/program-index from GLL before doing any of the more game related programs but he seems to recommend high schoolers to not focus on game and approaching too much and to just develop small talk skills due to potential social consequences at school. http://www.goodlookingloser.com/what-you...ed-to-know
While I don't live in a small town, I don't exactly live in a city like NYC either and don't know whether I should just do the Approach Anxiety Program or hold off on it.

I also tried asshole game and maybe its because I took it too far but people seem to react negatively to it. I get called douchebag or asshole by people of both genders at our school and while I would think that's better than being called nice, sweet, or a pussy, they seem to have a very bitter and hateful facial expression while saying it.

2. Style: I usually dress in a v-neck sweater over a button up shirt with jeans and boots and it actually caused me to get ostracized by some of my peers and I constantly hear rumor from my friends I've kept in contact with about how I think I am better than everyone else and how he used to be different and not like this.

3. Working Out: I had always been skinny with no gut so I'm just trying to pack on more muscle rather than slim down. I'm currently doing my body weight exercises in order to gain strength.

So what do you think I should do and if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

I don't think there is any reason to treat yourself like you are 26. Just try not to be that guy that, how's it go, that's got no chill. This a good time in your life to be someone that most people want to be around. Likeable is a good thing, obviously you won't be a pushover. Then if you need to make some coin, get a job where there's plenty of good looking girl customers and co-workers. The restaurant business was my way, but there's plenty of options.

17-year-old ZeZay had some questions and his thread got some pretty good responses that may be of interest to you.

Particularly this one from XXL:

thread-52756...pid1193801

And this one from WIA:

thread-52756...pid1200635

Do you guys recommend I get into online dating at 16? I could see some potential there.

I hope this isnt a troll but ill bite.

bodyweight exercises are good. stick with it and push yourself. Dont just do situps and pushups, theres alot more out there. search it.

Dont go crazy with style.

Social media is your number 1 option at your age. Build a good FB, Twitter, instagram,,, whatever is popular.

When you have a good profile with your absolute best photos, add everyone you even remotely know, shook hands with, were in the same room with. Most people will accept even if they hardly know you.

start putting out posts. retweet and repost anything funny who cares. build an online presence.

Use this as a segway to socializing in real life. Once you start getting a good social life, any new girl you meet, you simply have to add her to your social media profiles and its all text game from there.

Don't put so much pressure on yourself. If you try "too hard," it will turn girls away. Just relax and have fun, and people will love having you around.

You're in a big city, so there are plenty of places where you can meet people. I assume you're in high school, so get out and go to high school events. And school is a great place for gaming.

If you think it's tough now, it gets a lot tougher when you're out of school.

The Internet is a huge time suck. Use it to stay connected with people you already know, but keep your use of it under control.

Online dating is for people who can't meet people elsewhere. How many cheerleders find their boy friends online? The answer is none because they have plenty of offers from people in real life.

If you want to build a little confidence, try girls two and three years younger. They will look up to you because you're older. You already have higher value to them because of your age. They will be more likely to go along with what you say.

Remember that teen girls have different levels of experience. They may not be ready to go "all the way." But just focus on having a fun physical relationship with them and enjoy it. If the girl is having a good time, she may very well escalate.

Learn to play a cool instrument like the guitar. Girls love musicians, and it will also build confidence and increase your value instantly. I put the stress on a cool instrument. Joining the band doesn't make you cool. Neither does playing the piano.

High school is a pussy paradise. Enjoy it.

Above all, do not EVER let your self-esteem be dependent on females. They won't respect you. See yourself as a high-status man whether you're hooking up or not.

Finally, how is your relationship with your mom and sisters (if you have them)? Ross Jeffries is the best seduction guru I've know, and he also loved his parents more than any person I've ever met. If your relationship with mom is broken, girls will know it. Show your mom love and respect, and the good girls will respect you for that.

You're overthinking things as a 16 year old. Pack on some muscle and wear cool clothes.

In highschool you should be surrounded by girls to practice on without having to worry about cold approaching.

Relax on the asshole game, try and hit up a few girls that you don't really care about. It will leak out that you banged them and you will have more percieved value to the higher end merchandise.

Get out of the slow lane with the bodyweight exercises and go to an actual gym if you can afford it.

Quote: (03-21-2016 12:48 PM)asasadadad Wrote:  

For starters, I'm a 16 year old asian male living in Boston on the East Coast.

First off, be more paranoid about your anonymity around here. If someone who knows you were to read that, they'd probably poke around the rest of your posts and figure out it's you. I don't know how in the loop you are, but people literally believe that this is a "rape advocacy" website based on slanderous media reporting, so anonymity can't be stressed enough.

The two main things I want to focus on are making money and developing my social skills like approaching.

DO NOT cold approach in high school or college. Approaching is stressed around here because most members are living in a bustling city environment where the concept of a reputation hardly exists. In your case, it will be counter-productive and get you labeled as a weirdo. High school is 100% social circle game, college is 90% social circle game and 10% night game. Just make as many friends as you can, get involved in things, and make moves on attractive girls who find their way into your social network, and you should do fine.

Do you guys recommend I get into online dating at 16? I could see some potential there.

No. Dating sites don't even allow members under 18, and even after that, it's a wasteland until you get to post-college age. If a college girl is on a dating site, most likely she's either in it for attention or something is seriously wrong with her. Just worry about social circles for now. Save the approaches and online game for when you're out of school.

That was all very good advice from "Delta." It is all about building a social circle.

I may go a little against the grain here, but in high school and even currently I still use a mix of asshole game. Though in high school I didn't realize as a game tactic. I use it sparingly now. Just enough to be funny and not a push over but also am nice enough to have people enjoy your company.

As far as haters go. Don't let them steer you. Haters are proof that you are doing something right. Other people are hating because they are envious of your success. Misery loves company and they wanna drag you down to their level. It makes them realize their own short comings. No need to get into it with them, just let them talk shit while you stay above it. Your actions will speak more than their hate. And above all else, don't flaunt your success. It's cool to be on top, but don't rub it in, because when/if you fall no one will want to be around to help you out.

Good on you for doing this young and going about it the right way.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Thanks for all the replies, one reason why I'm hesitant on gaming girls at school is because if I mess up the whole school would know. I'm going to focus on social circle game for now instead of cold approaching.

I wanted to focus on business a lot more because I'm planning to get out of here as soon as possible.

Would you guys recommend me to focus more on business or developing my social skills more in general?

Social skills. Dude your 16. While I think it's great you wanna get business oriented early, you need good social skills to be able to network, shoot the shit, and read people. Plus, have some fun while you're young. I whole heartedly regret wasting a good chunk of my younger years playing video games. Get some part time job to start saving up or for some light spending, but don't throw all of your youth into all work.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Don't shit where you eat. You can game your high school but be really cautious and careful about the way you handle relationships. Forget girls, if you develop a bad rep in school that can't be saved, things are going to get a whole lot harder for you. Focus on building your social skills, make the right friends and get your frame and form ready for college. Restrict your game to your side job or daygame in malls, places where there are less consequences if you screw up and can get out of relatively quickly.

How would you guys ask a girl out in highschool, I don't want to sound desperate when asking but I don't wanna come off in a creep at the same time.

If you can drive, practice your game in other places. Go to events at other schools if you can. Go to sporting events.

Hey man, im also a 16 year old, from the boston area too actually. My game is no where near perfect, but its getting better. What I advise do is hit the gym. Hard. Dont half ass it. Im talking an actual program, get whey protein powder, dont cheat your diet. The first thing EVERYONE says to me now is "holy fuck you got big" or some comment about my arms/chest. Everyone, and I mean everyone says this, friends, acquaintances, parents, neighbors, teachers and friends moms (on mobile so i cant put that dancing banana icon, but imagine its here). All of the guys respect me and want to work out with me. Many guys ask me very general questions like "how long did it take you to build that muscle?" Etc, you can tell other guys feel self conscious around me so they all look up to me. I used to be a tiny (4"10 85 lbs freshman year) and now im 5'8" 175lbs. When i first learned about game, I tried asshole/aloof game, but girls who were initially interested in me were quickly put off because i was too distant. An example of this was at a party for the spanish exchange students some girl hosted (i was still geeky and scrawny, i hosted a student so i was invited), a spanish chick had a thing for me, she asked for my number but i was said something like "why the fuck would you need my number?" Putting emphasis on the 'fuck' because i thought that was aloof asshole game when really i just seemed like a moody jerk. Later that night she came and sat on my lap and i just kind of awkwardly moved away and said "jesus theres enough room for you to sit, why do you have to take up so much space?" Now if i ran better game/ danced qith her earlier i could have pushed her off in a playful way and that would have been a good example of asshole game. Looking back, i cringe really fucking hard at that night because that girl was a smoke, but later that week when I realized how easily i could have danced/ made out with her was a total turning point in aelf improvement. That week i started working out, reading bang, other game material, talking to more people, improving my appearance and social skills. Asshole game is a very delicate balance. In my opinion, you have to use push/pull where youre making small talk and being nice for a few minutes and then throw in a few negs and cycle that. Negs also cant be too mean. For example, commenting on how her make up looks like shit is just being an ass whereas saying "damn you caked on the makeup today" in a playful way. If youre give off a distant/cold vibe, negs will just make you seem like you hate people. I used to have that issue. Make some small talk and laugh and whatever just to show that you make comments on things you notice, and that way when you comment on the amount of makeup she has, she will kind of get self conscious thinking "of all things he could notice about me, he notices that i put on too much makeup". If youre cold and distant, she will think you say negative things about everything and overall you just notice the negatives about everything. Hope this somewhat helps

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET

Quote: (03-31-2016 02:48 PM)Cortés Wrote:  

Hey man, im also a 16 year old, from the boston area too actually. My game is no where near perfect, but its getting better.

Perfection does not exist. Go for improvement, not perfection. Set yourself for victory, not failure.

Quote:Quote:

What I advise do is hit the gym. Hard. Dont half ass it. Im talking an actual program, get whey protein powder, dont cheat your diet. The first thing EVERYONE says to me now is "holy fuck you got big" or some comment about my arms/chest. Everyone, and I mean everyone says this, friends, acquaintances, parents, neighbors, teachers and friends moms (on mobile so i cant put that dancing banana icon, but imagine its here). All of the guys respect me and want to work out with me. Many guys ask me very general questions like "how long did it take you to build that muscle?"

It's easy to do this at your age. Good for you.

Quote:Quote:

first learned about game, I tried asshole/aloof game, but girls who were initially interested in me were quickly put off because i was too distant. An example of this was at a party for the spanish exchange students some girl hosted (i was still geeky and scrawny, i hosted a student so i was invited), a spanish chick had a thing for me, she asked for my number but i was said something like "why the fuck would you need my number?"

This is a culture clash. Gaming a girl from a different culture is totally different from gaming American girls.

I'd use this time to develop muscle, read a lot and save cash if I could go back.

High school is a great time to fuck up. I recommend reading Mastery by Robert Greene. He lays out a concept of development based on the psychology of development. I can't speak to being asian but as a man I would suggest you take this time to widen your exposure to music, fitness, finance and pussy.

The more diverse your experience the more rounded your character.

Read and learn. Find a way to discern between good mentors and shitty ones.

Scott H Young's blog is a good way to learn as is memrise.com.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Biggest thing I can say is while you're young, keep your eyes, ears, and mind open to new ideas, people, and experiences. While there are basic goals you clearly have, such as banging girls, looking good, being healthy, and having social skills, your mileage will vary with everything based on who you are and the circumstances surrounding your life.

Be curious about everything. Learn as much as you can. If someone tells you to do something, ask 'Why?', if someone tells you not to do something, ask 'Why not?'.

Dont be afraid to make a move, you are supposed to lead interactions. Cant tell you how many girls i pussed out on when we were alone in 9th and 10th grade. Still kicking myself nearly 15 years later.

Quote: (04-07-2016 02:55 AM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

High school is a great time to fuck up. I recommend reading Mastery by Robert Greene. He lays out a concept of development based on the psychology of development. I can't speak to being asian but as a man I would suggest you take this time to widen your exposure to music, fitness, finance and pussy.

I agree 100%. High school is a great time to fuck up. Ten years after you graduate, these people aren't going to remember any of the stupid shit you did.

Also, see if you can find some acting classes to take. Boston is a big town. It has to have something. You'll get lots of confidence from it.

Who knows? You may even pick up some older women.

Develop a social circle at your school - find a way to get in with the popular crowd (usually athletes), go to all the parties, run social circle game only on girls in your circle unless you get some kind of ioi's from girls outside it. Don't do anything to destroy your reputation with people who go to your school or you will have a lot more difficulty getting laid. Wish I took advantage of this during high school.

Run more aggressive game on apps and during the day (beach, mall, wherever you like to be).

Build a social media presence (instagram especially) starting now - it will pay big dividends by the time you get to college and beyond

Put yourself outside your comfort zone because college will be your wheelhouse if you get good at chatting up new girls.

Thanks for all the advice, I've since then toned down my asshole game a lot and people seem to be fine now, I've also been working out like crazy and fixing up my diet. I'm currently looking for a boxing and voice therapy class and hope to incorporate them into my schedule by the beginning of May. I'm also trying to build up my social media presence starting with Instagram.

I have a few more questions.

Some of you guys said I should cold approach and some said I shouldn't, and to clarify I wasn't planning on cold approaching girls in my school just girls on the streets. at sports events from other schools, etc. Should I cold approach girls on the streets or will that have the potential to possibly affect my reputation at school?

Is college really worth it? I don't know if I should go or not but so far I've decided to either major in some form of engineering, computer science, or finance.

Is joining the military a good idea? I've decided that if I'm going to college I might do the ROTC program but at the same time by the time I get out, I'll be in my mid to late 20's and I feel like a lot of my prime time would be wasted.

Quote: (04-18-2016 08:50 PM)asasadadad Wrote:  

Thanks for all the advice, I've since then toned down my asshole game a lot and people seem to be fine now, I've also been working out like crazy and fixing up my diet. I'm currently looking for a boxing and voice therapy class and hope to incorporate them into my schedule by the beginning of May. I'm also trying to build up my social media presence starting with Instagram.

I have a few more questions.

Some of you guys said I should cold approach and some said I shouldn't, and to clarify I wasn't planning on cold approaching girls in my school just girls on the streets. at sports events from other schools, etc. Should I cold approach girls on the streets or will that have the potential to possibly affect my reputation at school?

Is college really worth it? I don't know if I should go or not but so far I've decided to either major in some form of engineering, computer science, or finance.

Is joining the military a good idea? I've decided that if I'm going to college I might do the ROTC program but at the same time by the time I get out, I'll be in my mid to late 20's and I feel like a lot of my prime time would be wasted.

In high school, don't do too much. If you work, then stick to work. Earn some money, buy a clean decent car, and fresh clothes to look in style for 2016. Don't "swag out." Shop at places like H&M and European style clothes.

If you play a sport, go balls to the wall and put your time in that alongside studies.

What this does is make you good at one thing and earn social proof. The last thing you want is juggling multiple things and looking like a try hard. Trust me, I failed in high school with girls. I also got jumped by some Muslim Arabs at a party for some twitter jokes I made about Arabs. My high school was pretty black and minority, so I had different circumstances to grow up in. Some girls like Kurdish girls were off limits cause their brothers were in gangs and Muslim dudes don't play.

College IS OVERRATED. If I could re-do it, I'd do two years of community college first to save $30k. Trust me. Whatever major you do, join a community college and get the first two years FREE under that new federal program for students.

If you join the military, then your GI bill will cover full tuition to most public schools after graduating.

Quote: (03-23-2016 09:46 PM)Delta Wrote:  

The two main things I want to focus on are making money and developing my social skills like approaching.

DO NOT cold approach in high school or college. Approaching is stressed around here because most members are living in a bustling city environment where the concept of a reputation hardly exists. In your case, it will be counter-productive and get you labeled as a weirdo. High school is 100% social circle game, college is 90% social circle game and 10% night game. Just make as many friends as you can, get involved in things, and make moves on attractive girls who find their way into your social network, and you should do fine.

This is bullshit. I wouldn't necessarily daygame in high school, since there are too few people for it to be socially feasible, but daygaming in college is money, especially at a big school. I would also recommend finding a nearby community college and trying to daygame over there. No one will know or remember you, and its a great way of building up your social skills and overcoming approach anxiety.

I'm in college right now, and if I could have done my life over, this is what I would have done:

1) Spent a summer learning basic physical conditioning. Would have stretched/done yoga to improve my flexibility, run/biked moderately long distances to have good cardio, and gotten a coach to help me learn how to lift. Above all, learn how to squat and deadlift properly. These are by far the most important physical exercises a man can do in order to look better, become stronger, and perform well in sports. If you are putting up a decent squat and deadlift by the time you leave high school, you will absolutely be ahead of the game regarding physical fitness. Stretching and getting a coach will also give you the flexibility and form required to perform these lifts correctly, which is critical[/b: doing them wrong can fuck you up for months. Believe me, I learned this the hard way.

2) Play sports. Once you have some level of physical fitness, join sports like wrestling, boxing, or water polo. Basically, pick some sport that emphasizes a mixture of strength and cardio. Sports get you into far better overall shape than lifting ever will. They'll give you great friends, great experiences, and a lot more to talk about once you get to college. I would especially recommend hard-as-fuck sports like rowing or fighting sports like wrestling, MMA, or BJJ. The former will significantly toughen you up as a person, while a couple years of the latter will give you the ability to whoop the average person's ass. It'll be hard, and it will suck at times, but I promise you that it will pay off for you significantly.

Getting yourself into outstanding physical shape is crucial at this age--it's something that I absolutely wish I had done. Obviously it's never too late to start, but if you can come into college strong, fit, and able to physically defend yourself, you'll have a vastly better experience than you would have otherwise.

[b]TLDR
Get a trainer, learn how to lift, play sports, get enormous. These things are critical to male development, and it's better to start them sooner rather than later.