rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hoping to Begin the Journey - Guidance for Game

I've been a long-time lurker on here for quite some time. This forum has been interesting, crazy, inspiring, and the list goes on.
However, I am at a standstill on how to progress.

I'm an undergraduate in college. After learning about Roosh's next game book coming out, I feel kind of guilty for not putting in work in the form of approaches and other efforts before when I knew about game.
Now I want to still try to get some experience before Roosh's new book comes out and overhauls game. But as for what kind of game resource or guidelines to follow, I'm not sure.

I think that Roosh said that the current game for America as of 2015 is similar to what's already in Bang.
And I'm currently reading that and will then start next with Day Bang.
But I also read this post by DeliciousTacos - Treat Her Like a Fattie, and his words really resonated with me.

I realize that the best technical game is game that is tailored to you, obtained as a result of experimentation, but I'm tempted to want to just follow DeliciousTaco's advice and just approach with that mindset, calling that all that's needed.
I'm sure either way I can get results by approaching, but when anyone sums up game, it seems like just keeping a summed-up sentence in one's mind isn't enough in order for one to truly master it.

As an example of the kind of way I'm thinking about this whole thing, I think: When you go and approach a girl in broad daylight, will treating her like she's fat lead you to direct game with her, in the form of going for her number early like you could with a girl who's fat? Or would that not be optimal because with hotter girls you have to establish more comfort? Or does it just depend on the guy?

So, before I begin approaching, I'd like some guidance on how to proceed. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to ask, besides what you think.
What are your thoughts? I may just be trying to rationalize my lack of not approaching by having to have a perfect layout before going in, but I'd still like you guys' insight.

I'm guessing it's gonna come down to just experimenting and putting in a lot of work for true optimization, but I like to think that game can just be boiled down to one universal, biological rule for humans as a species.

Thanks.

And hopefully other guys new to the game might benefit from what you say.

Quote:Quote:

So, before I begin approaching, I'd like some guidance on how to proceed.

Here's some guidance: Start approaching.

Quote:Quote:

I may just be trying to rationalize my lack of not approaching

Indeed. Start an approach thread and keep us posted.

Honestly and I'm not trying to be a dick but what's with this "I'm a newb and I know I should start approaching but..." type of posts? You obviously know what needs to be done; time to stop theorizing and start doing! I believe in you!

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Read back over your post, and you can see you're fighting yourself on going out and approaching women. I've been there before, and I get stuck there periodically: you're letting your own hamster do the talking for you. You gotta catch yourself in the process of making excuses, and do it anyway.

You think a girl looks bitchy and doesn't want to talk? Do it anyway. Reframe it and say she's been having a bad day, and she really wants to talk to someone. That someone is going to be you.

A girl is sitting down and on a laptop, or maybe she's reading a book, or has headphones in. It's easy to say she's blocking out everyone and is closing herself off. Change it around so it benefits you. She's bored and she's been waiting for anyone to approach her and get to know her. However, all that's happened is every guy checks her out and then keeps walking by, but you're going to be the one who does something.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above all else, I think you should do approaches now, as you are, without looking too much into game. Figure out what you do when you start conversations, how well you can keep them up, and work on being present in the conversation instead of letting your mind wander off. Then go back and read game. It'll be a hell of a lot easier to work on your game when you have your own experiences to draw from. I think helps to get into the habit of doing and then reading since you get better at taking action and applying what you read.

I'm at the beginning here along with you, and I've gotta say purely reading game is far different than actually developing game. If the core principles aren't hammered in, then it's a constant fumble of going for the gold when you aren't even skilled enough to achieve the silver, let alone the bronze. Right now, I'm personally working on getting better at simply approaching a girl and then working on my conversational skills. My goal is to be able to effortlessly maintain a fun conversation and get her to give me her number.

tl;dr

No more excuses. Approach. Set reachable goals as a newbie. Add harder goals the better you get.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Ok, guys, thanks for your answers.