rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Independence Day: Resurgence

[Image: MV5BNjgwNDU4MzA4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM2...g%E2%80%8B]

[Image: independence-day-2-resurgence-super-bowl-ad.jpg]

http://www.warof1996.com/

And no Will Smith because he wanted to put his ugly kid in it and was demanding to much money..looks like a good IMAX movie..

I'm, uh, er, PLEASED that, um, that Jeff Goldblum was, uh, was, ahem, brought back for this, uh, this film.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Hard to believe it's been 20 years.

When to went to the movies to see the recent Star Wars film, I thought it was odd how there were a whole bunch of trailers in a row, including this one, that were all about some apocalypse destroying the world.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Maybe after 20 years the aliens will have realized that humans can't effectively project military force into space and will just bombard from orbit instead of floating entire city-ships directly within range of suicide-bombing fighter jets.

I wonder if Aliens have upgraded their anti-virus programs and network security. Last time, it seriously sucked.

If they did, what new methods could humanity use to defend itself? Where have we achieved progress during those 20 years? Perhaps aliens will not anticipate that we have Wi-Fi now and that we could hack their ships without sending a plane in? Or could we use our real most progressive advances and destroy aliens by subverting them with homosexual and transsexual propoganda and sending in thousands of illegal immigrants?

This frist thing I do nowadays before I see a movie is to look at the cast. Part of what made the original Independence Day so fun was the charismatic President who gave the great speech and was a likable guy.

Independence Day Resurgence features a woman President.

No thanks. I think I'll pass.

Quote: (02-21-2016 11:40 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

I know nothing about the cast or plot here, but I'd bet good money that the character who ultimately saves the day a la Randy Quaid's in "ID4" will likewise be female.

It's the spirit of the times. A female president character, an all-girl reboot of "Ghostbusters", this bizarre obsession with "strong female leads" in every movie. It's unavoidable.

They just can't leave it alone can they?

They have to shoehorn women and minorities into roles no matter how unrealistic it is compared to real life.

I get that its a movie so its already meant to have the fantastic (eg aliens), but when everything is changed to fit their agenda it breaks the suspension of disbelief.

They might as well have a child president or dogs genetically developing the intelligence to drive cars around. It makes as much sense as the disproportionate amount of women jammed into 'tough guy leader' roles.

On another note I was watching Agent Carter the other day which is a spinoff TV show of the Captain America franchise. They've got a black guy as the 'super genius doctor/scientist'. Its set in the 1940's but everyone treats him completely equally with 2016 enlightened values except for one diner owner which they showed as their token racist. Even the white protaganist falls in love with him. It just completely breaks the belief in the period.

I used to wonder what some of the guys were talking about when they said they could no longer watch modern liberal tv/movies. I'm starting to get where they're coming from.

Quote: (02-21-2016 11:54 PM)Alsos Wrote:  

It's the spirit of the times. A female president character, an all-girl reboot of "Ghostbusters", this bizarre obsession with "strong female leads" in every movie. It's unavoidable.

No its not. The last movie I saw in theater was 13 hours. That one didn't feature any feminine bullshit.

There are too many good movies out there to concede and watch this modern SJW infected bullshit.

Watch it if you want but don't be afraid to go back and watch movies from the 50s and 60s and so on.

Quote: (02-21-2016 09:23 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Maybe after 20 years the aliens will have realized that humans can't effectively project military force into space and will just bombard from orbit instead of floating entire city-ships directly within range of suicide-bombing fighter jets.

The aliens in Halo figured this out, to their credit (though the humans in that series have a better than normal capacity to project force into space and their pre-historic counterparts could do the whole orbital bombardment thing too).

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Indirect propaganda for Hillary?

If humanity is so pussified maybe this time I will root for aliens.

Wow this brings back memories. I remember seeing this as a kid, and thinking it was awesome. Back when I was a wide-eyed and optimistic, back when everything seemed fine and I assumed my upcoming future was bright.

I won't see this movie. I like to remember things as they were. Besides, no doubt they'll significantly left the movie in some way -- it's been 20 years.

This movie is going to be a SJW suck fest. From wikipedia:

Quote:Quote:

Later in June, it was officially confirmed that both Goldblum and Pullman would return in the sequel, and that a gay character would be prominently featured.[...] Sela Ward's casting as the new President of the United States was confirmed on May 4, 2015

Independence Day was for me the pinnacle of Hollywood 90s special effects. Nothing has come close to it since.

This sequel will be a trashy CGI fail fest with SJW bs gunked on top. I'll wait for my pirate bay 5 finger discount. Not worth the ticket price.

Let's start a change.org petition to keep the aliens from entering our atmosphere.

The original Independence Day brings back some memories for me. I was like 12 when it came out and visiting friends for the summer - we all saw it 4 times.

Back then - before Netflix, LCD-Plasma TVs in every house and the internet, movies were a big deal, you just couldn't see a flick like Independence Day in 1996 better than you could on the big screen.

And - again, a piece of the past you never see these days - for a mainstream Hollywood summer blockbuster, ID4 was quite reasonably red pill.

- The aliens get the upper hand because they have the biggest guns and also - because they have a palpable sense of mystery to them.
- A complete absence of snarky or something-to-prove female characters.
- Will Smith is a fighter pilot. What's his wife's job? She's a Stripper.
- The male President isn't some cuck pussy. Obama would be like 'We have to take the aliens out but I want the female Air division to be well represented...', we are so fucked if god-like aliens ever decide to invade us...
- Who saves the day? Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum, unassisted by some girl talking in their ear the whole time.

And so on and so forth - I can scarcely remember a major movie since then* that's just such an out and out celebration of masculinity as it was.

Then I see the trailer and there's a female fighter pilot (who will no doubt survive as her whole crew gets shot down, even though female fighter pilots...they're generally inept) and a female president...

I'll see it...I sure as hell won't pay to see it, but I'll end up seeing it.

Tickets cost more - so movies make more money - so we get more shitty sequels - because tickets cost more...

Also...just what in the hell is the deal with the last 2-3 years (let's say 2014-2017) being the era of the sequel ten years after people stopped giving a fuck?

Not counting bullshit reboots (Spiderman, Robocop, Point Break, Fantastic 4), we've recently had...

- Why did it take 15 years to write the same jokes for Zoolander 2 as it did for Zoolander?
- Jurassic World was Jurassic Park for people with no attention span.
- Star Wars: The SJW Awakens
- 300: Rise of an Empire was more girl power shit in a movie that needed none of it.
- There was another Sin City movie...apparently, I don't know anyone that saw it.

And coming up, in addition to this...

- A new Pee-Wee Herman movie.
- Another Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon movie, the first one wrapped the story up.
- Kindergarten Cop 2...ugh...
- Bad Boys 3...'I'll do it, but Gayden needs to be a young rookie cop or I walk', says Will Smith.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2...will her Greek family consist of lesbians, a black Greek guy, an Indian Greek sister and a Brazilian Greek gay dude for diversity?

* Furious 7 and Inception are reasonably close - but Furious 7 is basically a two-hour music video and Inception had the untalented and basic Ellen Page getting lines because she was the 'it girl' of the time, so...

Quote: (02-22-2016 02:15 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Wow this brings back memories. I remember seeing this as a kid, and thinking it was awesome. Back when I was a wide-eyed and optimistic, back when everything seemed fine and I assumed my upcoming future was bright.

I won't see this movie. I like to remember things as they were. Besides, no doubt they'll significantly left the movie in some way -- it's been 20 years.

I felt the same when I saw the original for the first time, I was a 10-year old kid back then. Man, I miss that feeling sometimes.

Still, I'll go and watch the sequel for old times sake. Roland Emmerich directs it so I don't think it will be that bad.

I wonder if Aliens have upgraded their anti-virus programs and network security. Last time, it seriously sucked.

I forget, did they have anything from the alien computers worked out before the last thirty minutes of the film? Like the virus idea I can accept if you had a team of hundreds of linguists, computer scientists, and electrical engineers reverse-engineering that fighter they had from roswell. Assuming there's enough physical written material on the ship to derive a character-encoding table for the computer system, let alone figure out the meaning of the language.

But I'm pretty sure Goldblum just had the idea at the last minute and used some random virus program he had on his laptop that just magically worked.

Wonder how many dicks Hillary ordered Bill to suck to get that in the movie.

Just to put the character encoding issue into perspective:

If you want to represent numeric values in binary you have to pick big-endian or little-endian. Either starting the least significant bit at the beginning or end of your address space. 50/50 shot which one the aliens use.

Now try to represent negative numbers. So far humans have five different systems in place: sign bit, ones-complement, twos-complement, bias, and base -2. Assuming the aliens didn't come up with something else, now we have a 1/10 chance of correctly guessing how the computer memory is storing just a number.

Now try to decipher their alien ASCII table, except with the technology for interstellar travel they're probably up to unicode 512 bit, with a million different alphabets and fifty quadrillion pointless characters that just decode as emojis or playing card symbols. You're fucked.

Quote: (02-22-2016 03:57 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Just to put the character encoding issue into perspective:

If you want to represent numeric values in binary you have to pick big-endian or little-endian. Either starting the least significant bit at the beginning or end of your address space. 50/50 shot which one the aliens use.

Now try to represent negative numbers. So far humans have five different systems in place: sign bit, ones-complement, twos-complement, bias, and base -2. Assuming the aliens didn't come up with something else, now we have a 1/10 chance of correctly guessing how the computer memory is storing just a number.

Now try to decipher their alien ASCII table, except with the technology for interstellar travel they're probably up to unicode 512 bit, with a million different alphabets and fifty quadrillion pointless characters that just decode as emojis or playing card symbols. You're fucked.

Shut up and stop telling the cable repairman how to do his job.

[Image: biggrin.gif]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Independence Day was actually quite a big propaganda film for its time. The whole movie is pushing the 1990s era liberal utopian-multiculturalism. Every single character is a token of one or another group. Yes, ultimately it's the men who save the day in the movie, but you just know that if their teenage boy audience would've accepted it, they would've shoved in a female fighter jet pilot or computer hacker instead. In the 1990s there had not been enough propaganda that these would seem acceptable.

The masculinity and inspiring optimism you are getting from the movie is just an accident of the times. Now that we're 20 years further along we'll get an even bigger dose of the poison.

Quote: (02-22-2016 04:35 AM)demolition Wrote:  

Independence Day was actually quite a big propaganda film for its time. The whole movie is pushing the 1990s era liberal utopian-multiculturalism. Every single character is a token of one or another group. Yes, ultimately it's the men who save the day in the movie, but you just know that if their teenage boy audience would've accepted it, they would've shoved in a female fighter jet pilot or computer hacker instead. In the 1990s there had not been enough propaganda that these would seem acceptable.

The masculinity and inspiring optimism you are getting from the movie is just an accident of the times. Now that we're 20 years further along we'll get an even bigger dose of the poison.

Exactly, let's not forget that the original movie is basically "cool black guy and super-smart Jew save the world." Not that there is anything wrong with that, but you can rest assured that these casting decisions were not made absentmindedly. So it should not be surprising in the least that 20 years later, the casting decisions are likewise not being made absentmindedly.

Quote: (02-21-2016 07:59 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

I'm, uh, er, PLEASED that, um, that Jeff Goldblum was, uh, was, ahem, brought back for this, uh, this film.

You guys..it is just a movie, i am there to see shit blown up and battle scenes..try smiling it helps get more girls, nobody likes people bitching constantly..

I read up on it and saw NOTHING about a gay character..they sent a distress signal to their alien friends before they got blown up, some survivors were scattered around Congo, Will Smith died in an accident while flying one of their planes and we have used their leftover technology to help us with ours. That 1996 site explains everything that happened after the first film..

Quote: (02-22-2016 09:18 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

You guys..it is just a movie, i am there to see shit blown up and battle scenes..try smiling it helps get more girls, nobody likes people bitching constantly..

I read up on it and saw NOTHING about a gay character..they sent a distress signal to their alien friends before they got blown up, some survivors were scattered around Congo, Will Smith died in an accident while flying one of their planes and we have used their leftover technology to help us with ours. That 1996 site explains everything that happened after the first film..
From the Wikipedia citation page:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/26/in...-character

Filmmaker and known LGBT activist Roland Emmerich recently confirmed that there will be a gay character in his upcoming Independence Day sequel.

As someone who's been following the recent developments in the Supreme Court concerning same-sex marriage, Emmerich was recently asked by The Huffington Post if he might incorporate gay rights issues into his future films. In response, the director said, "Actually in the next Independence Day there is a gay character."

Hopefully they die early on from the alien attack LOL..