rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tell me about Orange County CA

I applied for a job there, not sure anything will come out of it but I might be looking for a change of scenery.

My understanding is its not as PC and techie bro as the bay area.

So, whats the place like, good bad?

NOTHING like the bay area.

OC is definitely more conservative and easy going.

It isn't as uptight or as hipsterish as the bay area either.

Plenty of places to explore, lots of different kinds of women, and venues.

Great for food and it's very diverse.

Business is strong here and growing.

You're 10-30 minutes away from the beach, an hour away from the snow (mountains) and desert. Plenty of outdoor activities.

You're also about an hour and a half from San Diego as well, along with a 30-45 minute drive to LA.

There IS traffic in OC and not a reliable transportation system, the trains okay, I wouldn't mess with buses.

I would absolutely move from the bay area to OC if I didn't have a solid tech job lined up there.

There are a few others on this forum that live/have lived/ and visit OC constantly.

Ask as many questions as you like.

Keep us posted. If you do decide to move here, let us know which city you're thinking of moving to, I can advise you on what's where.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I'm in Colorado right now, its ok but I'm not sure I want to stay here forever.
Its a bit provincial, for lack of a better word.

How regulated is it really, in terms of nanny state stuff, zoning etc. ?

Whats the beach stuff like, I've never really been.

Anything else?

Quote: (02-10-2016 12:31 PM)ms224 Wrote:  

I'm in Colorado right now, its ok but I'm not sure I want to stay here forever.
Its a bit provincial, for lack of a better word.

CO ain't that bad, actually had a few friends move to Denver, apparently they have alot of Californians moving there.

Quote:Quote:

How regulated is it really, in terms of nanny state stuff, zoning etc. ?

It' IS California, one of the highest taxed states, you've got welfare recipients for sure, illegal immigrants, they licensed 500K> illegals to drive. As I said OC is far more conservative than the surround counties.

I'm not very familiarized with zoning.

Whats the beach stuff like, I've never really been.

Anything else?

The beaches are awesome, from sandy bottoms like Huntington/Newport or go further south to Dana Point/San Clemente rockier but definitely more to look at.

The nightlife is decent, but nothing like a major city like SF or NYC or LA. [/quote]

Its pretty nice here, I'd like to explore more and be a little more outdoorsy.

Girls don't really dress up here is seems.

There is a rash of HOA type stuff out here, I'd hate to be stuck in one.
Thats why I asked about regulation.

Maybe a better question is how does it compare to the Northeast?

Quote: (02-10-2016 12:53 PM)ms224 Wrote:  

Its pretty nice here, I'd like to explore more and be a little more outdoorsy.

Girls don't really dress up here is seems.

There is a rash of HOA type stuff out here, I'd hate to be stuck in one.
Thats why I asked about regulation.

Maybe a better question is how does it compare to the Northeast?

Girls dress up here BUT you'll see plenty of basic bitches with yoga pants/sweats, ugg boots, and hoodies on.

There is HOA stuff here, which can be a bitch, but there's places that don't have that.

I've never really visited the north east, closest is NYC.

We sure as hell don't freeze to death like them, the cities are more modern here than the old established ones in the north east.

I don't think I could ever live up there, California is an awesome state to live in if you don't mind the idiot run state government and taxes.

I'd live there if I was extremely wealthy or had a family, otherwise it can be very vanilla. Surprisingly good ethnic food though and they're trying to make it hipper. Girls are very very drawn to surfer bros or rich guys.

Probably a better option than living in the Bay Area though.

When I think of Orange County, I automatically think of Irvine and the I-5. Great area! I love Irvine. You get the normal CA stuff, but what Orange has that differs a bit from the rest of Southern CA is a higher concentration of Asian girls. I love Mexican girls, but I love Asians too. Unfortunately, the Asians tend to be pretty much white girls who look Asian, but still, at least they look Asian. UCI and Concordia University provide tons of young talent and Newport/Huntington beach are 15 min away. Its beach southern CA, you really can't go wrong, man.

Quote: (02-10-2016 11:28 AM)ms224 Wrote:  

I applied for a job there, not sure anything will come out of it but I might be looking for a change of scenery.

My understanding is its not as PC and techie bro as the bay area.

So, whats the place like, good bad?

I visited the OC a few times and from what I gathered I really enjoyed it. The women are some of the friendliest around, and beautiful. Huntington Beach is amazing. It's also a good place if you lean conservative politically but abhor the bible-thumping, gun toting, racially regressive aspect of some conservative circles like I do.

A lot of the places look like nothing you see about OC on television. Not saying that they are run down, but a lot of areas are just normal-suburbia type places.

higher concentration of Asian girls.

Well Irvine and Garden Grove certainly has more Asians than the surrounding areas. They don't call UCI "University of Chinese Immigrants" for nothing. One thing about the Asian women is they are very shy and cliquey, however they are a lot more polite than your average white OC girl. From what I've noticed the hotter ones tend to stick to their own kind for some reason. For all the talk about their "fetishization of white guys" I typically see the lower end Asian broads doing this, girls in the 5-6 range.

To the OP, you are correct in your assessment of it being less PC than the Bay Area. Very much so. However there's still a few Uni's down here so you get your typically SJW faggotry, just not as much as LA and SF.

There is HOA stuff here, which can be a bitch, but there's places that don't have that.

Anywhere in irvine or south OC is going to have HOA's out the ass, and god help you if you buy a property on land owned by the Irvine company, because you'll never own it. 99 year lease is all you get.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

If you love hot rich white girls in a conservative county, it's the place to go.

It's fucking terrible for home buying, but rent isn't bad. Newport Beach has some pretty good bars on the peninsula

Quote: (02-11-2016 04:57 PM)Sonoma Wrote:  

If you love hot rich white girls in a conservative county, it's the place to go.

It's fucking terrible for home buying, but rent isn't bad. Newport Beach has some pretty good bars on the peninsula

I'm shoving my stuff on the back of the truck as we speak...[Image: banana.gif]

I'm guessing the country bar there is a religious experience?

How hard and expensive is it to get a small (1000sq feet or less) warehouse out there? I'd like to have a little shop for my projects.

How and where do you learn to surf and maybe sail?

I'm from the northeast, the stupid in the government is pretty standard. Its spreading out here too.

Let us know how you like it. I am sure you will. Eat at In 'n' Out!

Quote: (02-11-2016 01:33 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

From what I've noticed the hotter ones tend to stick to their own kind for some reason. For all the talk about their "fetishization of white guys" I typically see the lower end Asian broads doing this, girls in the 5-6 range.

I've noticed this during my entire 2 1/2 year stint on the West Coast. Asians for the most part stick to their own; they are part of the dominant culture out there besides whites unlike back East so there is really no need to branch out. I'm near DC now and being white here is an automatic ticket to Asian pussy.

My friends rent rooms in houses or condos for 800-1200 month. Studio or warehouse is a no go

So, I searched how to surf on the youtube.
After the first page of hits...

Why does anyone want to go to some frozen wasteland like say Russia after that?

Because in Russia you can still get laid and you're used to the cold.

Also, houses aren't 5000 a month to rent like in Orange County haha

NA hoi <hand chopping motion>

I want warmth

[Image: wink.gif]

A lot of what everyone is saying is about accurate. The girls aren't too bad but basic. The weather is good of course. Cost of living is terrible. You need to have a good paying job otherwise you might have to live in riverside and commute out to Orange county. If you're looking to buy a home you can expect to pay as much as $1,000,000 (see Baker Ranch in Lake Forest). You will also run into a lot of people who like to flaunt their wealth.

The only real complaint about OC nightlife is the logistics. You will have pockets of decent places to go. Down Town Fullerton is my favorite spot.

Politically speaking I wouldn't count on the place staying conservative much longer. There is this tendency for milienials in the area to be liberal for the sake of pissing off their parents. In addition the county's board of supervisors are kind of corrupt and few people pay attention to local politics. The sheriff is a liberal woman has mismanaged the department.

That's fairly negative assessment in my opinion but he'll I would consider going back if I had a good work opportunity. People may be rude at times but they aren't very confrontational.

Quote: (02-15-2016 03:55 AM)metalfan20 Wrote:  

A lot of what everyone is saying is about accurate. The girls aren't too bad but basic. The weather is good of course. Cost of living is terrible. You need to have a good paying job otherwise you might have to live in riverside and commute out to Orange county. If you're looking to buy a home you can expect to pay as much as $1,000,000 (see Baker Ranch in Lake Forest). You will also run into a lot of people who like to flaunt their wealth.

The only real complaint about OC nightlife is the logistics. You will have pockets of decent places to go. Down Town Fullerton is my favorite spot.

Politically speaking I wouldn't count on the place staying conservative much longer. There is this tendency for milienials in the area to be liberal for the sake of pissing off their parents. In addition the county's board of supervisors are kind of corrupt and few people pay attention to local politics. The sheriff is a liberal woman has mismanaged the department.

That's fairly negative assessment in my opinion but he'll I would consider going back if I had a good work opportunity. People may be rude at times but they aren't very confrontational.

Could you elaborate on your experience with DT fullerton? I lived on the penninsula for like 2 years but in the end I just couldnt find a gf. Plenty of lays with the dumbest girls I think ive ever met. Basically just anger fucking them each time to punish them for playing into the materialism culture out there. I never made it to fullerton even tho I was meaning to and it seemed like there was college hotties there, but that can of course be hard in above itself if you arnt enrolled at CSF

DTF is pretty cool, tons of college age chicks, many live locally.

CSUFand FJC are commuter schools, so it doesn't have much of a "college town" feel like ASU or USC.

It's a fun scene, but don't even think about drinking and driving, plenty of DUI's handed out around there.

I loved going to DTF when I was younger, I go there ever so often nowadays.

It isn't hard to hangout in DTF if you aren't in CSUF or FJC.

So, once you're above some threshold of money its a great place
but below its a timesuck of commuting and high rents?

PS I want a boat now too

Commuting can be bad, which is why I recommend living near where you work to make it manageable. Rent is bad. Pay can be decent, everyone I know there works in real estate

What's laguna beach and laguna hills like?

What would be considered a decent salary to live up there ?