rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Hello folks.

Whenever I do squats (and only then), I feel an intense pain in my right knee.

When I googled a little bit, I saw that some people suggested wearing magnetic knee bracers.

My doctor friend suggested the same.

Does any of you have any experience with these bracers? Do they help, or are they just a waste of money?

Magnetic Knee Bracers

First a question, have you figured out why your knee does this only when doing squats?

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Sorry for the belated response.

No, not really.

I am quite sure that I use the correct technique (watched the videos posted on this forum, and I do them under supervision without added weight), so that is not the problem.

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Could be the shoes. If it's the bottom part of the knee, there is a band that you can use that applies pressure just below the knee which seems to work for runners. It doesn't have any magnets, though you could add some.

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Im assuming that the magnets are to work as some form of acupuncture.

Cant hurt to do it, but dont base your treatment on it, Do a deeper research and go see a therapist or doctor if you can. It could be anything from bad posture to an untreated lesion to a rogue sesamoid bone to uneven gainz from lifting.

Go see a doc, thought the magnets wont hurt and the brace might give you some relief.

Magnetic Knee Bracers

Thanks for the input folks, much appreciated.

I will see if the bracer helps (and the band thing BPY suggested, if I find it). If not, I will check the doctor again. Hopefully no surgery will be needed... .

Magnetic Knee Bracers

I had a mild case of runner's knee a few months a go from squatting. I'm still working on it, but here's a few things that have helped me:

1. Strenghtening glutes with glute bridges
My glutes were weak, which caused my posture to break down slightly and I would bend forward too much, which put too much pressure on the knee.

2. Tight hip flexors
Same as above. Stretching and foam rolling solved it.

3. Tweaking stance and feet positioning
Personally, I find a wider stance with feet pointing a little outwards to be more comfortable and pain free.

3. Strenghtening posterior muscles with RDLs and SLDL
Quote:Quote:

A lot of people unknowingly create serious muscular imbalances between the anterior chain and posterior chain (the posterior chain is made up of the muscles on the back side of the body—hamstrings, glutes, back). A large proportion of leg exercises you see performed in the gym — squat and leg press, for example — are very quad dominant and, therefore, anterior chain moves. [...] The muscular imbalances created by quad-dominant lifting can have serious negative effects from pulled hamstrings and knee pain, to the inability to fill out the backside of your jeans. [...]
http://www.muscleandperformance.com/arti...ining-6521