rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Protein shake recipes

Protein shake recipes

Let`s be honest, most protein shakes taste like ass. Whether it`s super sweet and with a bad taste on your mouth or just plain bad, protein labs are doing a pretty shitty job at flavor creation.

I know most of you guys still want those extra gr of protein, bcaa`s,creatine, etc. so I `ve come up with a simple but tasty solution. (sorry, if you`re in the gym, just bare with it and take that tasteless mf).

-unsweetened cocoa powder (i use hersheys)
-stevia
-unsweetened almond milk
-ice
-protein of your choice (i use ON gold standard vanilla)
-vanilla coffee
-tiny bit of water if needed

pour one and a half teaspoon of cocoa, about 6 ice cubes depending on the size and about one cup of milk. one scoop of protein and one teaspoon of stevia. the coffee can be added at your own taste.

This motherfucker will taste like heaven. I actually enjoy drinking it and i have a pretty picky pallet. it tastes like b&j choco deliciousness shake.

try it out and tell me how did it went.

Protein shake recipes

2 cups reduced sugar vanilla almond milk
2 scoops ON Performance Whey Chocolate Shake
1-2 scoops Barleans Greens Powder (2 if you want more of a cocoa flavor)
2 tbsp coconut oil

Mix together.

Delicious as hell and has a very pleasing texture too.

Protein shake recipes

Here are two protein shake recipes I like:

1)
-200g of frozen raspberries (left ~1h at room temperature to unfreeze)
-1 banana
-1 scoop of vanilla-flavored whey protein
-1 cup (~180g) of yogurt
-2-4 dl of water, depending on your preference for consistency

2)
-1 apple, chopped to pieces
-1 banana
-1 scoop of vanilla-flavored whey protein
-1 cup (~180g) of yogurt
-2 dl of water

Both shakes will have around 400 calories and they contain roughly 30 g of protein.

Protein shake recipes

For a really good tasting protein/meal replacement go with BSN Syntha 6. All there flavours are fucking awesome. The best tasting Iso protein I've found is Iso Sensation Chocolate.

Protein shake recipes

Syntha 6 is one of the best tasting protein powders, however it is not the best when it comes to its nutritional content. Syntha 6 can easily be consumed with water and a shaker.

When it comes to on the go recipes, does anybody know how to make the, tastier?

Protein shake recipes

Green protein smoothie:

1 apple
3 stalks kale
5 leaves romaine lettuce
4 carrots
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup almond milk
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 scoop Barleans Greens Powder
2 tbsp coconut oil

Blend all ingredients.

Protein shake recipes

Don't like extra stuff, no artificial sweeteners:

Couple of scoops of NOW 100% Why Protein Isolate - Unflavored

Has the least "filler" bs in it and only one ingredient.

Occasionally i'll throw in raw peanut butter and/or bananas.

I'm always on the go, so I just chug a few scoops of that protein pre and post.

Protein shake recipes

I have crazy digestive/autoimmune issues and can't take dairy. So I do:

-egg white protein
-brown rice protein
-Almond butter, peanut, or sunflower seed butter
-homemade rice milk (thanks vitamix!)

Was doing the store bought almond/rice milk but my body seemed to stop tolerating the sugar, or maybe the oils. Making it is also much cheaper.
Tastes like fucking cardboard, but my stomache usually acts up later when I add honey. Maybe I'll try stevia.

Protein shake recipes

Good thread!

My anabolic protein shake:

1) Around 140g of Frozen Mixed berries (Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, blackberry);
2) Around 120g of banana;
3) Around 120-180g of Egg whites
4) Complete with filtered water
600ml.

[Image: image.jpg]

I like this version because I don't have to use whey protein and some people are lactose tolerant.

Under 500Cal
Low in Carb
Almost close to none in fat
70 grams of Protein.

With whey protein:
1) Around 140g of Frozen Mixed berries (Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, blackberry);
2) Around 120g of banana;
3) 2 to 3 scoops of Grenade Hydra or Syntha6 or musclepharm combat;
4) Complete with water.

Protein shake recipes

Another way to get your protein powder.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Protein shake recipes

As I'm following the RFL diet by Lyle McDonald, one of my daily horrors are the six Whey shakes I need to consume. I've now replaced 2 of them with 200gr chicken breast even though those take more time to prep. A simple solution to make my shakes taste better:

2 x 30gr scoop of Whey protein (p: 26,5 - c: 0,5 - f: 0,4 - cal: 111 x 2)
100gr of low-fat natural quark (p: 9 - c: 5 - f: 0,1 - cal: 59)
200-300ml water
Blender

It's a damn lot better this way and still pretty low-carb/low-cal.

If you just add about 50-100ml (depending on personal liking) of water it's like a sort of (very sweet) pudding, if that's your thing.

How do I have sex without losing the vitality that comes with the high levels of T? - Elmo Louis

Easy bro - pull out and cum in your hand. Then shove that cum in your mouth and swallow to avoid losing your vitality or lowering your T. - Yardog

Protein shake recipes

Quote: (02-05-2016 05:20 AM)Stimulus Wrote:  

As I'm following the RFL diet by Lyle McDonald, one of my daily horrors are the six Whey shakes I need to consume. I've now replaced 2 of them with 200gr chicken breast even though those take more time to prep. A simple solution to make my shakes taste better:

2 x 30gr scoop of Whey protein (p: 26,5 - c: 0,5 - f: 0,4 - cal: 111 x 2)
100gr of low-fat natural quark (p: 9 - c: 5 - f: 0,1 - cal: 59)
200-300ml water
Blender

It's a damn lot better this way and still pretty low-carb/low-cal.

If you just add about 50-100ml (depending on personal liking) of water it's like a sort of (very sweet) pudding, if that's your thing.

Just my 2cents but you should always consume real food over whey. Especially when it comes to 6 shakes a day. Supplementation should be used to fill the gaps in nutrition, rather than being the bulk of your nutrition intake

Protein shake recipes

^^

Obviously. They have the name 'supplements' for a reason. Problem with 'real food' and the RFL diet is that you very quickly consume too many carbs/fats and meal prep takes time. Time I don't want to spend on making myself a meal because I'm rather lazy, so I'm getting the majority of my proteins from 2 (60gr of whey each) daily shakes mixed the way I explained above. This will keep me feeling 'fed' for quite some time and tastes great because of adding 1 simple low carb ingredient.

How do I have sex without losing the vitality that comes with the high levels of T? - Elmo Louis

Easy bro - pull out and cum in your hand. Then shove that cum in your mouth and swallow to avoid losing your vitality or lowering your T. - Yardog

Protein shake recipes

I took a recipe from another forum member (can't remember whom) and modified it a bit:
Milk (for calcium)
Unflavored whey
Psyllium husk power (for fiber)
a raw egg (for extra protein and nutrition)
sunflower seeds (vitamin E and some good fat)
oatmeal (more fiber)
For taste either a spoonful of carnation instant breakfast chocolate flavor or (my favorite) blackstrap molasses. Molasses has a bitter sweat taste. I'm going to add some peanut butter too!

I have a question: Do you care if your whey is from grassfed cows?
One thing I know for sure is that I want my whey to be unflavoured, not even stevia. I've been getting Promix so far which is from grassfed cows and has no soy in it. But it's expensive. $80 for 5 pounds. For comparison 5 pound Optimum costs $57.

Another thing that a lot of people frett about in the reviews is soy. Quite often the most voted negative review for a supplement is like "OMG! IT CONTAINS SOY!!!" even though it's just soy lecitin which accounts for less than 1% of the whole thing. Is soy really that bad?

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

Protein shake recipes

Always take real food if you can, shakes are just a SUPPLEMENT and you know what they say "meat builds meat".

I take shake because I am not anywhere near a place where I could eat or cook my own chicken breast or steak, but when I get home I am always trying to get the most real protein as I can.

Since I am a skinny dude trying to get buff, I am taking a carb loading shake:

1 cup of cooked oats
1 cup of regular milk (not that 2% shit)
1 banana
1 tbsp of peanut butter
2 scoops of 84% pure whey protein (makes me fart like crazy, but helps)
5g of creatine
Ice
Honey if you can't stand a bad flavor.

That will give you at least 60 g of protein and 80 of healthy carbs. Nice stuff.

Protein shake recipes

- 3 scoops of unflavored protein
- 1 tea spoon of creatine
- 2 bananas
- 1 glass of water

I could probably live off just this indefinitely.

Protein shake recipes

Thanks for sharing these useful and healthy recipes, i don't have any one to share but will surely try out them.

Protein shake recipes

Mine is very simple, and in my opinion the best option, as you tackle three necessities in one shake. Put it all in a blender bottle with a mixer ball. Shake. Consume. Boom. Done. You got your daily creatine, a decent amount of protein (especially good right after a lift), and a fair amount of skim milk which every man should have regularly, yet few do. 3-in-1 daily necessities, done in a matter of minutes. Tastes good too. Just expect to burp a lot afterwards.

Side note: The forum doesn't think "creatine" is a word.

[Image: Screenshot_27.png]

This is a problem. [Image: lol.gif]

Protein shake recipes

Quote: (02-16-2016 04:05 PM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

You got your daily creatine, a decent amount of protein (especially good right after a lift), and a fair amount of skim milk which every man should have regularly

Why?

Protein shake recipes

Quote: (02-16-2016 04:13 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2016 04:05 PM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

You got your daily creatine, a decent amount of protein (especially good right after a lift), and a fair amount of skim milk which every man should have regularly

Why?

*Milk in general. I wasn't referring specifically to skim milk (Although skim milk is the dominant form of milk - More nutrients and less fat.)

Protein shake recipes

This is one I eat usually a couple times a day.

1 Scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
8oz Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup Dry Rolled Oats.

Add all to a shaker bottle, shake up, and enjoy.
300 calories.

Protein shake recipes

Tastes like shit though.

Protein shake recipes

Items frequently used in a typical shake:
Yogurt, oats, berries, milk, honey, banana, peanut butter, coconut oil

Items you should consider adding : cinnamon, cardamon, instant coffee, nuts such as cashews, pistachios, different flavors of ice cream

Mix and match all the above and you can have multiple combinations.

Protein shake recipes

Y'all are crazy, that shit tastes amazing just by itself.

True nutrition's coffee protein is by fucking far the very best though for flavor. Just absolutely stellar coffee taste.

Protein shake recipes

Anyone tried making protein bars?

I'm going to try hemp (high protein, high fibre, v little carbs) flour, unflavoured +unsweetened whey protein, with a little milk.
Probably put mapleen syrup or chocolate or a tiny bit of peanut butter to flavour/sweeten it.

I suppose oat and raisins or nuts could be added too.

Shakes do the job, but I just prefer to eat rather than drink something.
Plus the pre-made bars tend to be more carbs and stuff, with less protein.

The tricky part seems to be getting the right consistency, avoiding excess stickiness .. and ofcourse a genuinely enjoyable taste.
TBH I haven't had much success in building a "superbar" in the past. Although I once managed a tasty chocolate mousse type thing, even if loads stuck to the dish.

EDIT: interesting thread on commercial protein bars.