rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Letting down or let down

Letting down or let down

A few strange things have been going on in my life recently - and inspite of some recent financial successes, like getting out of crushing debt, getting back on track with my education, getting into much better shape, I have noticed something else going on, too.

Just about all of those whom I would've called friends for the past five years are no longer so.

I wouldn't say because I've ignored them - I can hardly put my finger on it. We got along swimmingly for years, but suddenly a year ago I noticed it's always me who had to get a hold of them. I hate to be that person, so I decided to finally drop it. I began to feel that I did not command any respect with these guys - before, yes. Now? None. I honestly don't think I myself let any of these guys down.

I've gotten older and I'm now too proud to spend time calling up a buddy I don't sense appreciates or seeks my company on his own accord. Has this ever happened to any of the other guys here? It finally occurred to me I just guess we'd grown in different directions - but I nonetheless could not help but feel let down and that stung.