rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Alt Markets Thread

The Alt Markets Thread

Live prices for the alternative markets.

I intend this thread to be a place to discuss the alternate markets that are not owned by centralized retards, like the ECB or Fed. Except Bitcoin, most of these are speculative; if they evolve like Bitcoin, with banking products behind them (savings, lending, etc), then these could challenge where our financial system is headed. In addition, some of them may use actual commodities in time, so that will also support their legitimacy, but they have to pull this off somehow.

Some of the ones I'm watching right now and that I like:

Bitcoin

The father of them all. There is a thread devoted solely to this.

Xaurum

This appears to be a cryptocurrency backed by gold. How it's stored, I don't know, which makes me doubt it's as legitimate as it states. I'll keep an eye on it because they may solve some of the problems that others haven't been able to solve.

Some questions I have for this is:
1. Where is the gold stored?
2. What would happen if the gold in one country was confiscated?
3. How often are the accountability audits and do they even exist?

I really like the idea of a crypto being backed by a commodity though, and I think that this will eventually happen. There will be some big challenges to making it happen, though.

DASH

So I like this thread and it covers Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is a great currency and offers an alternate market, but it does come with a few weaknesses, so I think that it will begin to experience some competition as the people who like using it the most see other alternatives. In addition, its weaknesses do open it to regulation - governments are already trying to learn how to use the blockchain to trace transactions and you don't have to be a genius to know why this is.

Two critiques I have of Bitcoin weak are that it's easily traceable and once you can tie a wallet with a Bitcoin, you uncover every transaction of that wallet. That is a privacy disaster waiting to happen, especially considering some "officials" want to do just this. For instance, if I ever donated to a manosphere site with Bitcoin, once my wallet is tied to my name, I'm known along with every site I donated to.

None of what I described in the above examples can be known with DASH. It's completely untraceable and anonymous. You want to buy gold without anyone knowing? DASH makes that possible. How about bullets? DASH makes that possible. DASH allows for the buyer and seller to never meet each other at all or even know each other, while both are able to walk away from the exchange with what they want.

If SJWs get their way, they may have success in proving who owns Bitcoin if they can trace every wallet through the Blockchain. DASH? Not possible. Some countries will go communistard in the long run, but not all of them and DASH owners can move their money to those countries (like Bitcoin users). The trouble that I have with precious metals (and I like them a lot) is that they're just too damn easy to trace and communists have confiscated gold in the past with ease and it's even easier now with technology to find them. This isn't to say don't own some metals, just realize they have limits and trace-ability is one of the big ones.

For DASH, a couple of tips:

1. Do not buy DASH over $2 and if you can, don't buy it over $1. All markets rise and fall, this one will too, don't worry.
2. Buy only what you can lose. Think of it being like the ultimate oh-shit-I-gotta-run fund.
3. The banking system around Bitcoin now (savings, peer-to-peer lending, stocks) may eventually exist (or be created) in DASH. An APR savings with DASH is even more powerful because no one can trace the interest you earned. Untraceable wealth creation for the win.
4. If the Chinese discover DASH, look out. Right now the Chinese are using US real estate to hide their money anonymously, but those of you who are paying attention know the US government is disallowing this. What happens when the Chinese learn about DASH? The Chinese know exactly why you want an anonymous currency system because they've seen the tyranny of a hyper controlled currency.

The Alt Markets Thread

Dammit! I missed the bus.

The Alt Markets Thread

Quote: (01-22-2016 12:49 PM)SunW Wrote:  

Live prices for the alternative markets.

I intend this thread to be a place to discuss the alternate markets that are not owned by centralized retards, like the ECB or Fed. Except Bitcoin, most of these are speculative; if they evolve like Bitcoin, with banking products behind them (savings, lending, etc), then these could challenge where our financial system is headed. In addition, some of them may use actual commodities in time, so that will also support their legitimacy, but they have to pull this off somehow.

Some of the ones I'm watching right now and that I like:

Bitcoin

The father of them all. There is a thread devoted solely to this.

Xaurum

This appears to be a cryptocurrency backed by gold. How it's stored, I don't know, which makes me doubt it's as legitimate as it states. I'll keep an eye on it because they may solve some of the problems that others haven't been able to solve.

Some questions I have for this is:
1. Where is the gold stored?
2. What would happen if the gold in one country was confiscated?
3. How often are the accountability audits and do they even exist?

I really like the idea of a crypto being backed by a commodity though, and I think that this will eventually happen. There will be some big challenges to making it happen, though.

DASH

So I like this thread and it covers Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is a great currency and offers an alternate market, but it does come with a few weaknesses, so I think that it will begin to experience some competition as the people who like using it the most see other alternatives. In addition, its weaknesses do open it to regulation - governments are already trying to learn how to use the blockchain to trace transactions and you don't have to be a genius to know why this is.

Two critiques I have of Bitcoin weak are that it's easily traceable and once you can tie a wallet with a Bitcoin, you uncover every transaction of that wallet. That is a privacy disaster waiting to happen, especially considering some "officials" want to do just this. For instance, if I ever donated to a manosphere site with Bitcoin, once my wallet is tied to my name, I'm known along with every site I donated to.

None of what I described in the above examples can be known with DASH. It's completely untraceable and anonymous. You want to buy gold without anyone knowing? DASH makes that possible. How about bullets? DASH makes that possible. DASH allows for the buyer and seller to never meet each other at all or even know each other, while both are able to walk away from the exchange with what they want.

If SJWs get their way, they may have success in proving who owns Bitcoin if they can trace every wallet through the Blockchain. DASH? Not possible. Some countries will go communistard in the long run, but not all of them and DASH owners can move their money to those countries (like Bitcoin users). The trouble that I have with precious metals (and I like them a lot) is that they're just too damn easy to trace and communists have confiscated gold in the past with ease and it's even easier now with technology to find them. This isn't to say don't own some metals, just realize they have limits and trace-ability is one of the big ones.

For DASH, a couple of tips:

1. Do not buy DASH over $2 and if you can, don't buy it over $1. All markets rise and fall, this one will too, don't worry.

2. Buy only what you can lose. Think of it being like the ultimate oh-shit-I-gotta-run fund.
3. The banking system around Bitcoin now (savings, peer-to-peer lending, stocks) may eventually exist (or be created) in DASH. An APR savings with DASH is even more powerful because no one can trace the interest you earned. Untraceable wealth creation for the win.
4. If the Chinese discover DASH, look out. Right now the Chinese are using US real estate to hide their money anonymously, but those of you who are paying attention know the US government is disallowing this. What happens when the Chinese learn about DASH? The Chinese know exactly why you want an anonymous currency system because they've seen the tyranny of a hyper controlled currency.

[Image: jordan.gif]

The Alt Markets Thread

The only thing I have against markets like this is the speculative nature and intangibility. When I own shares in a company, options, futures contracts, physical metals/commodities, real estate, companies, or the like, I can point to it and say I own it. That's my qualm with cashless societies as well.

What if these things tank in the future? Where will the liquidity come from to be able to get out? There is always someone to take the opposite position in liquid markets like oil, gold, or indexes.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

The Alt Markets Thread

Dash just now is worth $96 USD following a bump up to $109. Seems like the Chinese figured it out...

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.