rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone work in Roofing Sales/Storm Damage Restoration?

Anyone work in Roofing Sales/Storm Damage Restoration?

New guy here, kind of. Been lurking for years. Anyways, I got tired of my old job climbing cellular towers, everything from building then to installing new radios and antennae. I just up and left the industry last month. Just said fuck it.

I've always done labor work from the military to construction. I'm now looking at hopping on as a roofing sales rep. A storm chaser. Obviously I'm tempted to work with a national company that has the background, brand, and credentials and not a fly by night outfit. So far the word is (1099 straight commission) driving from Chicagoland out to Las Cruces new mexico and I'll get put up in a house, compensated 50/50 profit split after the company takes 10% overhead.

My question is, has anyone else done this type of work before and is it worth it? Pros and cons. I've got a buddy that did it and sold 400k in 3 months netting 70k for himself. Another buddy claimed to make 100k in just over 4 months. I see tons of ridiculous numbers people put up on the Internet as well. I'll hustle and put my time in, I'm not worried about that part. Any firsthand experience or heresy would be great. Thanks fellas.