rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Abundance mentality versus reality?

1) There are lots of women
2) There are lots of attractive women
3) There are lots of good and attractive women
4) There are lots of good and attractive women, and I can get one when I want

If you live in a major city, there is an abundance of attractive women.

I don't think most guys can get an attractive woman ( say 7.5 or higher ) anytime they want unless they've got an extended social circle with lots of hotties or have semi-fame to real fame or abnormally good game/looks.

Maybe if they've got mad night game and don't mind putting in late nights /early mornings at clubs and you're still in that prime age range 22 - 33 ish.

But landing a good quality attractive woman at will (when you want ) is probably only a skill a minority of men have. That's not to say an average guy with decent game can't land a 'good and attractive woman' at some point. just not 'when he wants.'

If you're a mere game mortal, you have to approach like a mother fucker over an extended period of time to eventually find a quality girl and work online game to keep girls in the pipeline to drain your balls ( and possibly, just possibly land a real attractive one every now and then)

Of course, mileage will vary upon country/location.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

First and foremost abundance mentality is in your head and creates your reality to an extent. You can be surrounded by hot women, but if you believe that you are unworthy of them or incapable of getting them, then you will mentally cock block yourself, and be operating from a scarcity mindset. On the flip side of that you can be in a small town with few hot single women, but if you have unshakable confidence and self-belief, then you believe that the small pool of remaining women are yours to take, kind of like a big fish in a small pond.

That said, reality is reality, and no matter how much NLP, self talk, or self-belief can change certain situations and environments. Maybe you are in some place like the oil fields of Canada or North Dakota and men literally outnumber women 10 to 1 and the only women around are either old, or fat and ugly.

Your environment will always have a major impact and influence on all facets of your life, especially women, it's far easier to have an abundance mindset when you are surrounded by beautiful women. I know from experience living in a small town, and then traveling to other cities and countries that are much better. Even still I remember being in Playa del Carmen a place that I thought was absolutely stacked with hot women everywhere, and my confidence, game, vibe, etc. was off and I just wasn't mustering up the mojo to really put myself out there and approach. I was too introverted and wasn't exerted much effort or getting much interest, which kind of slipped into a negative mindset, so even though I was constantly surrounded by hotties, they still felt somewhat out of my reach.

There are some vagueness to these poll choices so I drew some conclusions based on my own principles.

I'll assume that "good" means solid LTR material.

I'll assume that "get one" means to get into a relationship with.

I chose option 3.

Out of the ~3.5 Billion women on this earth, the amount of them that will look physically appealing to me and have the qualities I would like in a long-term relationship are staggering. It's illogical to think that there is only a small pool of "good and attractive" women.

With that said, I do not believe I could hook one whenever I want. If I want a good and attractive LTR, Vegas odds are quite slim that I'd be able to go downtown tonight and grab one. If I had that as a specific goal that I wanted to accomplish right now, then the odds would be severely stacked against me. That doesn't mean finding one is a total crap shoot, but it would require a lot of planning. I would have to re-locate myself to a place that statistically has more of the women I enjoy with the qualities I generally look for. I would have to make sure that my game and life is in a place where I could attract and keep such a woman. Even then, it would likely be trial and error because there is never a guarantee that a relationship will work out how you'd like it too in the long term. We are dealing with people here - people with free will and complete agency that is not under your control.

If you decide the definition of "get one" is to simply get laid, then odds are much higher. I feel if I really when on a grind I could likely get a SNL on any given evening with an attractive female, but there is still the "good" factor. What are the odds a "good" girl is going to fuck me the same night I meet her? How can I tell how "good" she is after one date?

There are unclear variables at play.

Quote: (01-13-2016 02:06 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

First and foremost abundance mentality is in your head and creates your reality to an extent. You can be surrounded by hot women, but if you believe that you are unworthy of them or incapable of getting them, then you will mentally cock block yourself, and be operating from a scarcity mindset. On the flip side of that you can be in a small town with few hot single women, but if you have unshakable confidence and self-belief, then you believe that the small pool of remaining women are yours to take, kind of like a big fish in a small pond.

That said, reality is reality, and no matter how much NLP, self talk, or self-belief can change certain situations and environments. Maybe you are in some place like the oil fields of Canada or North Dakota and men literally outnumber women 10 to 1 and the only women around are either old, or fat and ugly.

Your environment will always have a major impact and influence on all facets of your life, especially women, it's far easier to have an abundance mindset when you are surrounded by beautiful women. I know from experience living in a small town, and then traveling to other cities and countries that are much better. Even still I remember being in Playa del Carmen a place that I thought was absolutely stacked with hot women everywhere, and my confidence, game, vibe, etc. was off and I just wasn't mustering up the mojo to really put myself out there and approach. I was too introverted and wasn't exerted much effort or getting much interest, which kind of slipped into a negative mindset, so even though I was constantly surrounded by hotties, they still felt somewhat out of my reach.

Access to hot women is necessary.

When you're confined to online dating, you're one of thousands of men competing for a smaller group of average looking women.

That's part of the reason bartenders and serves get laid so much - they're around hot women all the time.

My advice is to develop social circles that have hot women in them, without joining them so you don't become too common. Online dating can be used here and there to expand your book, but shouldn't be relied on exclusively.

Most women are average looking. There are not enough beautiful girls to go around, most of them are in relationships. So for me there is an abundance of women. I will take whatever I can get.

Don't debate me.

It's not my personal reality, and I believe I'm being realistic, not self-defeating or pessimistic. I'm 40 and it seems that it only gets harder the older you get.

That being said I need to try harder. But again, the older you get, the less "fire in your belly" you'll have to go out and conquer. It's just part of the natural life cycle.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I think viewing abundance mentality through a numerical lens and saying stuff like "there are hot girls all around bro" is just pure male hamstering.

An average looking, non-fat girl working at Starbucks whose life consists of Netflix, gossip and your occasional night out has more options than a good-looking, jacked, stylish dude who's got his shit together and travels internationally on the reg. It's not even a competition! A very minuscule percentage of men will ever have the type of numerical abundance mentality your average girl has.

That is reality.

Lets assume your girl is acting up and causing you migraines. Instead of nexting her, a lot of us try to fix what's broken and stay in soul draining relationships because developing the kind of connection you have with your current girl can seem hard to replicate.

This is where i apply abundance mentality in the form of " She is nothing special. Whatever i have with her i can have with another girl" instead of "there are 3.5 billion women in this world!!".

This is more in line with reality while at the same time priming your brain not to take any particular girl too seriously.

So i think abundance mentality has to be viewed qualitatively instead of numerically.

I'd be interested to see this poll broken down by location.

I chose option 3 partly because I'm a location-independent who escaped the West.

If I was still stuck there, I'd probably pick option 1.

Quote: (01-13-2016 01:49 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

1) There are lots of women YES
2) There are lots of attractive women DEBATABLE (DEPENDING ON LOCATION)
3) There are lots of good and attractive women DEBATABLE (DEPENDING ON LOCATION)
4) There are lots of good and attractive women, and I can get one when I want (NOT AT THAT LEVEL OF GAME OR SMV YET)

1) There are lots of women

World 6,895,889,018

Male 3,477,829,638

Female 3,418,059,380

Gender Ratio 102

From a literal standpoint, yes there's alot of woman in this world.

From a geolocation standpoint that varies.

Personally, being in Southern California, yes, there are a ton of girls here, from all walks of life.

2) There are lots of attractive women

This is clearly dependent on your SMV, your looks, your game, and your lifestyle.

We need to throw in race, location, culture, etc to get a solid read as well.

Despite the above, if you're a good looking guy, your money's right, and your game is tight. You're saying yeah, absolutely, there are a ton attractive women around me.

I'd say here in my region there are ton of hotties, "I wish they all could be californian girls" as the song goes.

3) There are lots of good and attractive women

Building on #2 a woman being attractive doesn't always necessarily mean she's "good". Which brings up the definition of good, does this mean wife/ltr quality ? Or that she's just fun to hangout with and bang ?

If said guy above was asked this question it's more than likely there are some decent girls around him, some gold diggers, and the ones who see his SMV and want to lock him down. He just might be a player and have his fun.

Out here you got your hot/trashy sluts, the beautiful gorgeous girls, the swamp rats, the ratchets, the good but average girls, the slutty but average girls, 5's that act like 9's, the list goes on, you get the picture.

4) There are lots of good and attractive women, and I can get one when I want

Said guy that I've referenced would probably agree that with everything he has going for him, it's super easy to pull.

Good and attractive women are in high demand, more than likely locked down.

I'm not at this level of game, it's not easy, banging cuties is getting easier, but I'm not one to really want to lock down one right now either.

This goes back to self improvement this year.

ALL THE ABOVE depend on your POV. If you've got shit going for you then yeah these questions are mostly yes for you. If you don't and are working on it, you might answer yes to a few of these questions. If you answer yes to maybe the first one, then maybe you need look within or move.

I think WIA's thought exercise is a great way to do a status check of where we are in life, what we see around us, and what to do to move up.

I chose option 4, but I think 'attractive' doesn't mean stunning. Just in the range between 7 and a high 8.

9's are very rare in the wild and meeting them without specifically looking for them is entirely luck based.

-
p.s. I think there should be an option 5. There are lots of good women.

Quote: (01-13-2016 03:15 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

I think viewing abundance mentality through a numerical lens and saying stuff like "there are hot girls all around bro" is just pure male hamstering.

An average looking, non-fat girl working at Starbucks whose life consists of Netflix, gossip and your occasional night out has more options than a good-looking, jacked, stylish dude who's got his shit together and travels internationally on the reg. It's not even a competition! A very minuscule percentage of men will ever have the type of numerical abundance mentality your average girl has.

That is reality.

I disagree. This is looking at abundance mentality and options through the lens of SNLs and flings and, at best, mini-relationships. These things are most impressive to men, but not noteworthy to women.

Yes, the average non-fat girl can load up Tinder and have all kinds of options for sex, but that's missing the point.

Patrice O'Neal said, "men audition for sex on the front end, women audition for commitment on the back end."

The jacked, custom suited down, international playboy is going to be able to pull, AND holds all the cards as to deciding who he wants to keep around. The average non-fat girl can land dates and get laid no problem, but that's missing the point because she can't do very much to convince people to stick around long term.

To reference Patrice again, he was once talking to a girl who said she had blown one hundred guys, to which he responded that it didn't matter because she could have blown one thousand; she was lazy.

So, yes, she can get sex whenever she wants and will still have plenty of offers of commitment from average value men, but she probably won't want those offers anyway.

Abundance mentality between men and women are very different, even opposite, things. And a lot of Western women's cunty behavior results from them falling into the framework of a man's abundance mentality by confusing their easy access to sex for their ability to secure desirable long term commitment. It can take women a few years on the carousel to realize that this isn't the case.

The preposterous male equivalent would be like a guy thinking his ability to get friendzoned or spend money on women will also lead to him getting laid, but thankfully most guys figure out this one quickly.

Maybe I am old, but what is considered attractive?

Almost any woman can be considered attractive, with the right grooming, haircut, make-up etc. The flip side is that alot of women aren't that attractive, of course this is relative.

For me being attractive is a combination of looks and more importantly, attitude.

I chose the option, there is a abundance of women.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I chose option 2. Plenty of pretty girls to go around. I'm going to define good as she has more going on in her life than reading gossip rags, watching netflix, and hopping on whatever the latest fad is. I'm not going to bother bringing up sexual history as a definition of good...most girls are getting dicked down, even the "good" ones.

I chose option 4. I've been having a really good run in general and have a lot of time to travel to places like Thailand and the Philippines. It must be said though that I am perfectly happy banging 6s (not 5s).

Abundance mentality is a state of mind.

How you feel emotionally about city/country, puts you in a certain state of mind.

I use to feel/believe Las Vegas is possy paradise, but after a couple of years I realize it was how much money I was willing to spend to create that possy paradise.

Than I found Miami Beach, perhaps the last possy paradise in North America. But it requires alot of money. Once I realize I was spending alot of cash to create that reality, my possy paradise, was a false reality.

Than I found Asia, cost of living is half, but the burden of learning a new culture and language is require to enter that possy paradise. A whole new game and paradigm was a prerequisite to gaming.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Quote: (01-14-2016 04:27 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

How you feel emotionally about city/country, puts you in a certain state of mind.

-snip-

It's not just a state of mind, yes it does come from inner game and thought reinforcement, but it needs to verifiable.

You can say yeah there's plenty of bitches in X (city/region you're in)

The first questions I'd ask is:

-are you getting alot of dates ?
-that's cool, how many have you fucked?
-how are the logistics ? Any dope bars locked down ?
-got any in your rotation ?
-locked down a solid HB LTR ?

I do agree we need to view women as easily interchangable, but it takes work and grinding to actually have abundance, not just abundance mentality.

I'm seeing this from a logical literal point of view, not from an emotional one.

A dude can say - X place fucking sucks for gaming and women - but it actually be his game and his attitude. Vice Versa as well.

An abundance mentality is only helpful if it actually reflects your daily habits.

I could have an abundance mentality that water is literally everywhere
and yet still perish from thirst if I'm not near a water source or build
my own well.

Abundance mentality also doesn't address the real world challenges of getting to
whatever it is that you want. For that you need mental toughness and resiliency
to keep going as you face adversity...which is a reality when you pursue anything worthwhile.

Voted for #4.

re: attractive

Girls are hot and plentiful where I live due to the good weather and narcissistic culture.

I just came back from a run in the park where I saw at least 8 girls I would want to bang.

I work with hot women every day.

As rudebwoy said, any woman can look attractive and I agree (an ugly woman is a lazy woman).

Nonetheless, I believe checking women out when they are exercising, sans makeup, is a good indicator.

re: good

This is down to your moral code but a lot of girls here are eager to please. Can cook, are kind, etc. If they are hot, they are usually taken or recently out of a relationship.

Also, this depends on where you look. I don't go to clubs anymore to pull, I go for the music and I hit the usual bars with my friends.

re: abundance mentality

I get a lot of attention as well, which also fuels my 'abundance mentality' but honestly, I am so damn arrogant and entitled from the change I have made and the results to prove it that it all is linked.

Reality is that if you are not in this state of mind, move up the ladder and work on your shit. If your surroundings are letting you down with quality, move.
If women are bitches where you are, move.

You can fake it till you make it but your environment needs to foster the change as well.

This is also partly why a lot of guys go travelling to SEA and South America for poon.

Good, hot girls, yes (debatable but yes).

To increase their SMV? Definitely.

All I have to do is walk outside and talk to women. Even in DC there are plenty of good, attractive, women everywhere. I just tend to avoid Americans.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (01-14-2016 11:50 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2016 04:27 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

-snip-

It's not just a state of mind, yes it does come from inner game and thought reinforcement, but it needs to verifiable.

These types of things can't be verified. It's personal in nature. How much money do you need to be able to make before you believe there is an abundance of cash out there ready for the taking?

I may need less depending on my lifestyle.

I don't need a new chick every day of the week. I am quite content with dating only one chick at a time until that mini-relationship ends. Then I find another one to replace her.

Is that any less abundant than you rotating 3 chicks? Not to me, I am not worried about the replacement because there are plenty of cool chicks out there that I can have fun with.

Besides, the older I get the less time I am willing to give. I don't care to juggle too many women when I have more important things to do. Priorities change.

You're right it is variable and personable, maybe we can water abundance down to not worrying about a girl coming and going.

Perhaps just understanding they're interchangeable and replaceable..

Abundance mentality is nothing but a positive mindfuck held in mind to keep one's hope alive that in case he's failing at a time he can remind himself that there is more fish in the sea and keep going. Abundant reality however is real and tangible. Sometimes all it takes is to be more proactive and you're good. Sometimes you have to move to bigger city to even have a chance to create it for yourself.

So.. all of those points are true and false at the same time simply because it all depends where you live. That's pretty much it. However we could discuss what "good woman" really mean though.

Quote: (01-15-2016 08:36 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Abundance mentality is nothing but a positive mindfuck held in mind to keep one's hope alive that in case he's failing at a time he can remind himself that there is more fish in the sea and keep going. Abundant reality however is real and tangible. Sometimes all it takes is to be more proactive and you're good. Sometimes you have to move to bigger city to even have a chance to create it for yourself.

So.. all of those points are true and false at the same time simply because it all depends where you live. That's pretty much it. However we could discuss what "good woman" really mean though.

Eh, not really.

It's a lot like money. I grew up poor. My parents viewed every dollar they had as their last, and maybe one day they'd "get lucky and win the lottery." They'd complain about "those rich people" and act like money is the root of all evil.

Part of becoming wealthy is understanding money. Profit = income - expenses. Meaning, you need to develop an income that exceeds your expenses. I know this sounds almost like a tautology, but the higher your income and the lower your expenses, the more cash you have. From there, it's a matter of allocating that cash into investments rather than spending it on BMWs, strip clubs, and other luxuries that add no actual value to your portfolio.

Cash is either something that exists in abundance or it's something you're desperate for, depending on how you have structured your lifestyle. Your attitude about money will differ dramatically when cash exists in abundance.

Once you have money and understand money, it's no big deal. An expensive dinner, a fine suit, or throwing $40k into an investment property doesn't feel like such a big deal when you have cash (and cash flow).

Same with women - once you've banged enough of them and gotten your game squared away, it becomes an entirely different playing field. You know that they're out there in abundance, and if you set your attention to meeting them, you will. She leaves? So what. She rejects you? No big deal.

Compared to the guy who is sitting at home on OkCupid, praying that "The One" will message him back and agree to a date.

Quote: (01-15-2016 08:37 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Compared to the guy who is sitting at home on OkCupid, praying that "The One" will message him back and agree to a date.

[Image: laugh2.gif]