rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will Pay an RVFer to help me resolve a blog site issue.

I'd like to keep money in the manosphere - or a least specifically in RVF if possible. For all you more tech savy mates, this might only take an hour or so to fix this problem, and I'd pay you 50-60$ to do it. (Via paypal, or another preferred means.)

So here's my issue.

I changed hosting services from GoDaddy to BlueHost. I thought I made a complete backup of my wordpress site through one a database panel in my GoDaddy account.

Now, I'm not sure. I still have access to my GoDaddy account till the 26th, but all the earlier dashboard options aren't available to me since I have already transferred the domain to Bluehost.

I was trying to import the backup file which the GoDaddy panel had advised I put in a zip format. So now I have a 1 byte sized file with a "SQL.ZIP" extension that I can't get anything to unzip, thus I cant import it to my site.

I'm aware I'm supposed to use an FTP program like Filezilla or a built in data transfer through a control panel if your hosting service has one, but I'm still quite lost. I have earlier backups of my site in xml files, but the earliest dates back to late april, and I'd have lost quite a bit of work.

At this point, I know I'm not transferring the database right, considering my earlier themes, widgets, ect aren't there.

I'm thinking this may take one of you only an hour or so to resolve and I'd pay you the amount mentioned above. I'd also provide you with all the login and password info needed.

There is a time issue in that my GoDaddy account expires on the 26th - or at least any of the options I cant seem to find which might allow me to recover a database, make a backup, ect.

Any takers?

If the file is only 1 byte big, and won't unzip, it's probably corrupted. You'll need to make a database dump again (make sure it's not corrupt) and try again.

You could also just go into PhpMyadmin and export the database as a .sql file directly, and import it via PhpMyadmin on your new host.

Hope it works out, let me know.

Install a wordpress backup plugin to save the database to an external sql file.
Many plugins will then let you download the a zip file which contains the database

PHPMyAdmin would indeed be the way to go if you have that available. Export all data as an insert script with the .sql extension, then run that script (by importing it through PHPMyAdmin again) on your new DB.

If you still need help you can PM me. I'll take the offer.

I just had to go through something similar. I was switching from hostgator to siteground. The backup file that you have has to be changed in a specific way to be used on your new site, and like everything on websites it seems to require 3 programs and way too much complications to make the change(I had downloaded filezilla and was going through all the how to videos). Luckily siteground has guys on staff who fixed my problem in like 15 minutes. I just uploaded my last backup with filezilla and they took care of it. With the cybermonday deal I barely paid anything for the hosting.

This is like 30 seconds.

Log onto FTP. Drag that shit onto your desktop. Boom. Backed up.

If none of the above works, contact godaddy and see if you can keep your account for a couple of months (paying, of course.) This willsave your data until you find a solution.