rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Play to Win - a rant about YMG's haters

WARNING - YMG RANT

This is directed at nobody in particular in rooshvforum. This entire rant is due to some haterism I've been experiencing from some acquaintances and former colleagues of mine. They are generally uncomfortable with the fact that I am building myself businesses and leaving the consulting world.

"Why would you throw it all away?"

"Do you really think people are trying to find careers in Asia? They can just use job portals."

"It's irresponsible of you to waste your masters degree on entrepreneurship. Think of how many people would want to be in your position."

"You're greedy and all you think about is money."

I"m a strong proponent of forging a unique and unfair competitive advantage for oneself as early as possible, before your competition is even aware there is a game.

Don't play just to play. PLAY TO WIN. Personally, I am out to get results, not to play the good game, be a good sportsman, shake hands with my competitor, and be a gentleman.

Cunning, calculating, strategic, ruthless, pre-meditated, shrewd, tactical....these are all words I love to use.

I will never really understand people who compete for the sake of competing.

"Whatever, he's just lucky. Oh yeah, I could have gotten to where he is if I had THOSE connections, and THOSE language skills, and THAT work experience, and was friends with THAT guy."

Yeah, you could have. BUT YOU DIDN'T. I didn't have any of these things when I started out. You planned one week in advance instead of ten years in advance. While you were smoking pot and playing halo 2, several young hustlers in the same position as you were bootstrapping and building themselves businesses. While you were at the club I was cold calling my way into banquets in Beijing and Singapore. You flew to Boracay to drink beers and bang sluts. I flew to Manila to meet CEOs and infiltrate networks.

When I say "you" I'm not talking about you the reader on rooshvforum - but you knew that. I'm just making a rant at the general haterism that I've had to deal with since I've been putting my face out there and build myself brand equity online and in person.

I'm sure other successful guys have been dealing with their own share of haterism and it can be difficult for me to not take it personally, on occasion. If anyone can relate to this, I"d love to hear your thoughts.

And these fuckin leeches will talk shit about you then start asking you for favors. It's unbelievable.

Haters gonna hate man. Keep up with your lifestyle.
Most guys are too weak to do it.When they get old, they will look back and see that their boring , meaningless lifes as corporate drones was a waste.
You ,quite the opposite.

Mr Gm

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Don't let it get to you YMG. My haters are now admirers. They hounded me to stay stateside and be "normal". Most of them now are in bad marriages to fat chicks, divorced, paying child support, laid-off, ect. You're doing what you wanna do, living abroad, banging hot women, and are happy. I'm truly impressed and envious you've achieved this at your age. Great job.

Thanks for the comments. A lot of us on this forum live in an unorthodox way so that we can find the means to our desired ends. I'm surrounded by a lot of sheeple who are threatened with my/our lifestyle and mentality.

"moral victories is for minor league coaches."

This guy I have known since 6th grade / 16 years or so.. He used to make fun of me daily in our early 20s. I was working instead of going to college and he was taking max loans and not working at all. I was wasting my life, not going to home football games on saturdays, and just generally being a bore. I couldn't smoke pot and play halo (1 because I'm old, lol). He has never had any money and has leeched off everyone around him.

Next week will be our 10 year highschool reunion. He will be there with a busted wife who doesn't work, a kid, literally $100k in student loans (plus hers for half a 4 year degree), and a paralegal job. He passed the bar this time LAST YEAR.

No job, no house, no 'net worth'. Who is laughing now?

(hint: me!)

Quote: (06-28-2011 07:16 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

And these fuckin leeches will talk shit about you then start asking you for favors. It's unbelievable.

You won't believe how many people, straight doubted the flow
Most said that I was a failure
But now the same motherfuckers askin me fo' dough
And I'm yellin, "I can't help ya"
"But Nelly can we get tickets to the next show?"
Hell no (what's witchu?!) you for real?!
- Nelly Ride Wit Me

Just brush them off. 98% of hate stems from envy.

Quote: (06-28-2011 08:55 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Thanks for the comments. A lot of us on this forum live in an unorthodox way so that we can find the means to our desired ends. I'm surrounded by a lot of sheeple who are threatened with my/our lifestyle and mentality.

I guess many of us here are dealing with the same environment .I've decided to leave my job this week, So I believe you can guess the kind of shit I'm hearing here.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Dude you're doing your own thing so your already quite a few steps ahead of the pack. Now, at almost 25 it's taken me almost 2 yrs outta college and 4 jobs to understand that I will only keep getting the same results if I keep working to make other people's money and not my own. Keep it up man, that unorthodox lifestyle that you and alot of guys on this forum follow is inspiring

I've been hearing the same for the last few years. Specially since I decided not to attend law school and instead focus on building my own online business. I keep on hearing almost everyday, "why don't you get a REAL job instead of wasting your time and skills in something meaningful as opposed to goofing around online?" When I travel I keep on hearing, "when are you going to settle? to grow up? to do what you're supposed to do as opposed to being a selfish prick? " I've heard it all, nowadays, I don't even bother replying anymore. Many times, I've had arguments with people about this very same topic. I just look at them and say, just look at you. The last thing I want to end up doing is becoming like you, a corporate drone, chained and owned by a fat/demanding LAZY feminazi. I have simply decided it's not worth arguing with them anymore and just wishing them "good luck" and move on. I've cut off a ton of people this way, people who were a negative influence, always deriding me and making fun of me. To these people, from time to time, it's good to give them a taste of their own medicine. This winter, when they'll be freezing their ass off, chained to their cubicle, I'll send them a postcard from Krabi or Bali with the perfect tropical beach, sand and coconut trees and 3 hot girls in bikinis and with only 4 words written: "wish you were here." That'll make them see who was right and who is wasting their time... [Image: banana.gif]

Although I chose the more traditional life path, I do believe in big risk = big reward. I have no issues with the salaries of athletes, entertainers or entrepreneurs. They are ones taking the biggest risks so they SHOULD reap the biggest benefits.

Good Luck

I get this all the time. When I first got into business people warned me I should be using my credentials for a more worthwhile career.

Now that I'm doing alright those same people are getting jealous. It's expressed in many small ways - offhand comments, undermining me in social settings, etc. I've developed a very attuned jealousy detector. I've even been thinking about getting myself one of those evil eye amulets. I try to cut jealous people out of my life.

When a friend of mine makes a ton of money, I'm genuinely happy for him. I don't understand this hater attitude. I enjoy giving credit where it's due and even if someone "just got lucky" I'm still happy for him.

I recently met with someone I haven't seen for ten years. He spent the whole time complaining about the lack of opportunities, how he couldn't get what he wants because he doesn't have the right connections, doesn't have the right resources. I told him that neither did I when I started. He ignored it and continued with the complaints. Waster. I have no time for that attitude.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Just saw the topic, funny how i was talking to this guy at work about this today. I truly believe that success is choice, people become successful because they choose to. If someone truly decides to become successfull, they will become successful, i dont see the opposite happening to them.

However i wouldnt advise you to see everybody that doesnt agree with your entrepreneur ways as hating, they could be just telling you other ways to make it. I for example never thought about working because my hustling always paid enough to do whatever i liked, however i recently discovered that doing a job that will combine with my lifestyle would make things easier for me to succeed. So i no longer see the people that were telling me to choose another route as haters, they were just telling me other ways to secure my future, because all the guys i have met till today that travelled and fucked chicks are all broke in their 40s. I dont want to choose the same route, i believe i can combine everything altogether (fun,lots of free time, entrepreneurship, work).

But if your hustling pays enough or will pay enough, then keep on going, but as you said, think 10 yrs from now.

Its also amazing how much similarities great people have and the similarities between the suckers. I remember a good friend of mine last year telling me ''Its almost impossible for someone who came from a poor family to become rich''..damn he is already setting himself for failure,sad.

Why are you taking the time to even think about this, much less write a post about it?
Do your stuff and live your life on your terms, and don't make the negative influences a part of your reality. Most of us on this forum have been or will be subjected to individuals of the kind you describe, but we don't have to take them seriously or even spend a single second thinking about what they say.

It's clear from your posts that you know precisely what you're doing with your life. Keep doing your thing and pay no attention to negative people. It's an important skill to learn, because there will always be some around you.