rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'The EU is a continuation of Germany by other means'

The inimitable Peter Hitchens gives a particularly fascinating talk on geopolotics, the role of the US (CIA) in the creation of the EU, and the key strategic goal of the Ukraine. This talk explains so much of all the strife and dischord in the world at the moment. It is well worth your time watching it - I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Much of the current world political situation will become far clearer for doing so.

http://kwaku.org.uk/Archive/Video/Peter%20Hitchens.html

Link will not embed. Link is to Keele University website. Thank you to Lizard King for making me aware of the formatting error.

The video loads poorly, but I will persevere.

I have tried pausing it and coming back to it and that seems to improve it.

I agree with his assertion, that the EU is a borderline(quasi?) totalitarian state. I think it was Karl Marx that said whomever controls Berlin, controls Europe. Marxism has much that can be criticised, but Marx himself was a perceptive and wise person.

Will add some more comments after the video.

Quote: (11-26-2015 11:23 AM)Lizard King Wrote:  

The video loads poorly, but I will persevere.

I have tried pausing it and coming back to it and that seems to improve it.

I agree with his assertion, that the EU is a borderline(quasi?) totalitarian state. I think it was Karl Marx that said whomever controls Berlin, controls Europe. Marxism has much that can be criticised, but Marx himself was a perceptive and wise person.

Will add some more comments after the video.

Yes it does load frustratingly slowly. I left it buffering and went about some other business. After an hour or so it was certainly all buffered for me.

Excellent talk from Mr.Hitchens.

I learned that the CIA had a hand in the development of the first form of the EU. He cites documents found in Georgetown University that confirm this.

I also learned that Britain is largely insignificant to the EU as a whole, which is not the view I held previously.

Much of the talk he gives touches on subjects we're discussing here: migrant invasion, destabilisation of Syria by the US, Israel and the Gulf states.

I think this thread runs parallel to Roosh's thread about France: thread-51935.html

as very few geo-political events are isolated, most are inter-connected.

The talk itself is only half an hour. The rest of the video is a Q&A, but no less enlightening.

I found it very interesting how he thinks the US's relationship with Saudi Arabia is the strongest 'special relationship' they have (with Germany/EU and not the UK coming after that). No mention of Israel.

He easily points out the hypocrisy of the West's strong stance against Assad's dictatorship with how they support Turkey as a NATO member and how they had no qualms with allying themselves with Stalin in WW2. He uses this to highlight how allying with Assad would be the easiest way to stabilise Syria if that was actually their intention, so there must be something else going on there.

On another note he ascribes the influx of refugees as being motivated by certain EU countries trying to prop up their ageing populations and declining birthrates.

Seems like a pretty well read guy. There isn't much I disagree with him on.

Quote: (11-27-2015 03:25 AM)Speculation Wrote:  

The talk itself is only half an hour. The rest of the video is a Q&A, but no less enlightening.

I found it very interesting how he thinks the US's relationship with Saudi Arabia is the strongest 'special relationship' they have (with Germany/EU and not the UK behind that). No mention of Israel.

He easily points out the hypocrisy of the West's strong stance against Assad's dictatorship with how they support Turkey as an EU member and how they had no qualms with allying themselves with Stalin in WW2. He uses this to highlight how allying with Assad would be the easiest way to stabilise Syria if that was actually their intention, so there must be something else going on there.

On another note he ascribes the influx of refugees as being motivated by certain EU countries trying to prop up their ageing populations and declining birthrates.

Seems like a pretty well read guy. There isn't much I disagree with him on.

Perhaps he sees the US-Israel relationship as being of more use to Israel than it is to the US. I certainly do, I'm not sure what the US gets from that relationship.

For example the Syria situation benefits Israel massively, and causes a burden to everyone else.

Quote: (11-27-2015 03:28 AM)Lizard King Wrote:  

Perhaps he sees the US-Israel relationship as being of more use to Israel than it is to the US. I certainly do, I'm not sure what the US gets from that relationship.

For example the Syria situation benefits Israel massively, and causes a burden to everyone else.

Well that could be the 'something else going on', along with the oil pipelines and the Sunni/West coalition vs the shia Russia/Syria/Iran coalition.

He didn't comment much on this, which is a shame. I wonder if he's given other talks on these issues.