rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hooking Up With Co-workers [Service Industry Edition]

Edited: I changed the thread title to make this thread specific to the restaurant/service/nightlife/hospitality industry. I believe that this is not a "professional" industry in the normal sense. This specific topic blurs the line a lot more than past "Should I fuck my co-worker" threads which catered to the professional world.

I can usually use my best judgement with these kinds of situations. But, sometimes, I'll get myself involved in a typical "college job" scenario where I'm surrounded by tons of cute girls for 10 hours a day, and begin thinking with my cock.

So this is where I turn to you, great RVF. I'm asking for your genuine advice here (I'm not one of those guys who asks for advice and then doesn't do shit with it). Here we go.

I work in a fun, upbeat restaurant with LOTS of hot girls. It's one of those super high-volume restaurants where we usually have like 40+ servers working each shift. One of the busiest restaurants in Texas. Anyway, I'm a full-time waiter there (mainly to keep my game on point) while also working another full-time online side hustle.

I was starting to spend too much time online, and had to force myself to get back in the game. The extra money isn't too bad either.

Anyway...this is actually becoming a problem that I'm facing because I'm already on some of these girls' radars. I can't really hold back from hitting on lots of these girls that I work with, and it's probably obvious that I flirt with all of them. I'm a little shameless about it, but I'm still on good terms with just about everyone there so far. No problems just yet.

However, I know that I'll have the opportunity to take one of these girls down soon enough. This usually isn't a *huge* issue in restaurants since everyone seems to be fucking everyone, but I'm still a little hesitant about shitting where I work...

I'm looking forward to hearing some honest feedback about this, or if anyone has been in this situation before. I'd like to actually stick around at this place for a while and be able to focus on work. But there's some strong potential at this job. It doesn't help that waiters/waitresses are like always sexually charged for some weird reason (if you've worked as one you'll probably understand). It's just one of those close contact/interpersonal jobs.

Thoughts? Opinions? Go on a rampage, fuck as many co-workers as I can and raise hell?

Or, don't fuck co-workers, and focus on gaming the occasional customer for out-of-work fun?

There are multiple threads on this where you will find excellent advice. Use the search function.

Just a few, there's more out there
thread-42057.html
thread-4827.html
thread-7935.html

Basically, if you don't give a shit about the job then go for it. If you want to stick around there, don't. Saying that, my brother has spent most of his life as a bartender or server, and fucked just about every girl he's worked with at his various jobs. But he's the type of guy that doesn't give a shit what happens. What you have to ask yourself is, is that you?

Most of the time it hasn't come back to bite him, but then again he knows how to handle them, and the situation, and wouldn't think much of quitting a job. If you're ready to take on any issues that arise and have a good handle the women you bang then you might do alright. But not knowing you, I couldn't tell you.

IMO, there's plenty of ass in the world, there's nothing special about the ass where you happen to work.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:18 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

There are multiple threads on this where you will find excellent advice.

I appreciate the heads up as I honestly had no idea...

I just searched, and saw that everyone seems to be saying "don't fucking do it."

So I'm oddly disappointed now hah. But it's probably for the best, if that's the consensus around here.

However I still feel like things may be a little bit different in restaurants, so I'd like to hear any unique perspectives on gaming in the service industry. I could definitely be wrong. But I mean, I work with people who are practically RVF'ers IRL. Screaming about having sex with MILF's and munching assholes. These people are nasty as fuck. My kind of people.

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:29 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

I just searched, and saw that everyone seems to be saying "don't fucking do it."

So I'm oddly disappointed now hah. But it's probably for the best, if that's the consensus around here.

However I still feel like things may be a little bit different in restaurants, so I'd like to hear any unique perspectives on gaming in the service industry. I could definitely be wrong. But I mean, I work with people who are practically RVF'ers IRL. Screaming about having sex with MILF's and munching assholes. These people are nasty as fuck. My kind of people.

I updated my post to include more info, my brother worked in restaurants.

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif][Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif][Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

There are multiple threads on this where you will find excellent advice. Use the search function.

Just a few, there's more out there
thread-42057.html
thread-4827.html
thread-7935.html

Basically, if you don't give a shit about the job then go for it. If you want to stick around there, don't. Saying that, my brother has spent most of his life as a bartender or server, and fucked just about every girl he's worked with at his various jobs. But he's the type of guy that doesn't give a shit what happens. What you have to ask yourself is, is that you?

Most of the time it hasn't come back to bite him, but then again he knows how to handle them, and the situation, and wouldn't think much of quitting a job. If you're ready to take on any issues that arise and have a good handle the women you bang then you might do alright. But not knowing you, I couldn't tell you.

IMO, there's plenty of ass in the world, there's nothing special about the ass where you happen to work.

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:34 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:29 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

I updated my post to include more info, my brother worked in restaurants.

I appreciate it man. You provided some good insight, and the threads that you linked to are solid.

Seems like most agree that fucking co-workers is a terrible idea in the professional world - but the service/nightlife industry can be an exception if you're willing to deal with the potential drama that arises.

I saw some interesting replies in those threads that reaffirmed a few of my gut instincts - which is that restaurant culture is degenerate, and it can be acceptable to fuck co-workers on a case-by-case basis. Kind of like how your brother handled it.

Still not sure if I'm up for it, but I guess we'll see.

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:42 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

I saw some interesting replies in those threads that reaffirmed a few of my gut instincts - which is that restaurant culture is degenerate, and it can be acceptable to fuck co-workers on a case-by-case basis. Kind of like how your brother handled it.

Still not sure if I'm up for it, but I guess we'll see.

For whatever reason the vagina that works in restaurants is dripping for it, and as you say, a lot banging going on between co-workers. For work in general I'd say don't, but once you gauge the situation I think you'll be able to bang a couple select ladies without much trouble. Restaurants are just a different animal.

Here's a great Onion piece on exactly this

Quote:Quote:

Waitstaff Tired Of Sleeping With Each Other

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA—After years on the job, members of the Manilla Grill waitstaff reported Monday that they are tired of having sex with each other.

Four members of the Manilla Grill waitstaff.
"I'm closing tonight, so I'll probably end up sleeping with [assistant manager] Robert [Stein]," waitress Katie Glenn said. "A few months ago, I would've been excited. He's really cute, and [coworker] Lynette [Hardy] says he's a great lay, but now... I don't know. We have nothing in common, except that we're both working a double and neither of us can stand [manager] Dan Musket."

Glenn said workplace stress, youth, and access to the restaurant's tap beer contribute to the waitstaff couplings.

"When I first had sex with [hostess] Tracy [Ballucci], I thought she was the one," waiter Kevin Cobb said. "Two months later, I had sex with Katie, but I still had to work with Tracy. I should've learned my lesson when Tracy 'accidentally' threw away a shrimp scampi that was supposed to go to a 14-top. But it's a little too late now, since there's not a waitress left that I haven't slept with."

"Oh, Kelly [Spencer]—I haven't had sex with Kelly, yet," Cobb added. "Man, I'm not looking forward to that."

While most of the intercourse occurs off the premises, the waitstaff said they sometimes have sex with each other in the restaurant's storage areas.

"I don't know how much more of this I can take," hostess Jill Stern said. "I've gone through every waiter and even two waitresses. Maybe I should get a new job. I definitely need a change."

"But there is the line cook," Stern added. "It might be fun to back him into the walk-in cooler and fuck his brains out. I've never had sex with anyone from the back of the house before. Kelly said it's pretty hot."

Stern listlessly observes Cobb bend over.
Psychologist Dorian Ledin, an expert in workplace relationships, said the best way to solve the problems brought about by sleeping with too many coworkers is to find a new job.

"Jill would do best to follow her first impulse," Ledin said. "Quitting is the best way to break the cycle. This behavior is inhibiting her ability to forge permanent relationships. And it's also keeping her from refilling her customers' glasses of ice water."

Ledin said food-service employees may initially be disoriented when they start working at new locations, but after a short adjustment period, a new sense of purpose will often fill their lives.

"There is hope," Ledin said. "Many former waitstaff members go on to form long-term, monogamous relationships with people in fields such as telemarketing or hotel management."

Former Manilla Grill employee Greg Nelson agreed with Ledin's theory.

"Almost immediately after I quit, I got work at Loews Cinema," said Nelson, who tendered his resignation in August 2004. "That's where I met this totally hot usher. We've been going out, like, six weeks."

Nelson added, "I went back to the bar at Manilla Grill last week, and I barely had anything to say to those people, much less a desire to have sex with them."

Regardless of the easy solution leaving offers, many waiters and waitresses try to modify their behavior by refraining from having sex with their coworkers. They report little success.

"When I left Pizzeria Prima, I had a motto: 'Don't get laid where you get paid,'" waiter Jack Dulles said. "Then I started working at Manilla Grill. One night after a football-game rush, I wound up sleeping with Pat in what's turned into a three-month, eight-waitress binge. I keep telling my roommates it's the last time, but even I don't believe it anymore."

[Image: laugh2.gif]

I operate a restaurant and due to legal issues wouldn't do anything, although a lot of them are cute college girls and would likely be into the idea of "fucking the boss". In previous restaurant jobs where I was a non-management employee, I did it a few times, but it was always real low-key because I was living with my ex at the time.

Think most people can't help it: restaurant staff tend to be self-selected for this behavior because the job tends to attract outgoing and fun-loving people, usually drinkers. Plus, the stresses of the job tend to promote an us vs. them mentality as well as a boot camp dynamic that promotes quick bonding with coworkers. Noticed that this tends to stay mainly with the front-of-house staff. Obviously, the overwhelming Latino majority working in the kitchen and dishwashing station wanna fuck all the female servers, but I've noticed whether its socioeconomics or language divide, that doesn't happen all that often. Never worked fine dining before, but I'm guessing that might be different with English speaking chefs/cooks.

Like many said, if you really like the job, don't do it: you're just going to be causing potential headaches with nobody to blame but yourself. If it's just for extra money and you're confident that you can get a comparable job, do it... run the cost-benefit analysis.

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:11 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

Thoughts? Opinions? Go on a rampage, fuck as many co-workers as I can and raise hell?

Or, don't fuck co-workers, and focus on gaming the occasional customer for out-of-work fun?

Bear in mind that the number of people in the universe who are ever going to be happy with the fact that you are getting sex is something less than 5. Your dick is 1. The others are your absolute best friends who would do anything for you and you for them.

Everyone else absolutely resents it with a vengence, like they would resent you laying a turd on the table in the employee break room. You think you will have this great reputation as a guy who is getting lots of action, but to everyone else you are just that self indulgent fuck who generates stinky shits.

If you can't afford that in your job, don't do it.

Quote: (11-25-2015 03:24 AM)booshala Wrote:  

I operate a restaurant and due to legal issues wouldn't do anything, although a lot of them are cute college girls and would likely be into the idea of "fucking the boss". In previous restaurant jobs where I was a non-management employee, I did it a few times, but it was always real low-key because I was living with my ex at the time.

Think most people can't help it: restaurant staff tend to be self-selected for this behavior because the job tends to attract outgoing and fun-loving people, usually drinkers. Plus, the stresses of the job tend to promote an us vs. them mentality as well as a boot camp dynamic that promotes quick bonding with coworkers. Noticed that this tends to stay mainly with the front-of-house staff. Obviously, the overwhelming Latino majority working in the kitchen and dishwashing station wanna fuck all the female servers, but I've noticed whether its socioeconomics or language divide, that doesn't happen all that often. Never worked fine dining before, but I'm guessing that might be different with English speaking chefs/cooks.

Like many said, if you really like the job, don't do it: you're just going to be causing potential headaches with nobody to blame but yourself. If it's just for extra money and you're confident that you can get a comparable job, do it... run the cost-benefit analysis.

This was a killer breakdown of the social dynamics of working in a restaurant. This is *exactly* what happens in restaurants and you've explained everything perfectly. You should probably hit up @Roosh to write an ROK piece on this topic. Would drive him a lot of traffic.

I really like this job, and I'm not going to do it. You're right that there's too much pussy in the world to build drama in the workplace. I don't think it will be healthy to deal with post-sex drama in this restaurant.

Thanks again.

Quote: (11-25-2015 07:14 AM)southern120 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2015 02:11 AM)stefpdt Wrote:  

Bear in mind that the number of people in the universe who are ever going to be happy with the fact that you are getting sex is something less than 5. Your dick is 1. The others are your absolute best friends who would do anything for you and you for them.

Everyone else absolutely resents it with a vengence, like they would resent you laying a turd on the table in the employee break room. You think you will have this great reputation as a guy who is getting lots of action, but to everyone else you are just that self indulgent fuck who generates stinky shits.

If you can't afford that in your job, don't do it.

Damn, this was the cold hard truth. Much respect. People absolutely resent others who get laid. It's really fucked up, but true. I'm probably not going to fuck these girls. Or if I do it would have to be extremely low-key.

Bear in mind that these restaurant girls WANT to fuck their co-workers and cause some light drama to have things going on in their lives. I don't really want to give that to them at all (the drama). I just want to give them some dick.

fuck their friends that work at other restaurants

Quote: (11-25-2015 03:32 PM)Virtus Wrote:  

fuck their friends that work at other restaurants

This could actually work out best. It provides instant social proof at work ("he fucks all of my friends!") without causing any real drama.