rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC Datasheet 2015

NYC Datasheet 2015

Hey guys,

So I am dropping a datasheet on nightgame venues in the city.

Of course, NYC is a massive city and no one datasheet can really cover it.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Venues

Here are some good spots, by neighborhood:

East Village/Lower East Side

Used to be a more Bohemian part of the city before it became gentrified; but still has an artistic/hipster vibe. It has become a little "bridge and tunnel", which means that a lot of girls from the "outer boroughs" (Brooklyn, Staten Island) and Long Island and New Jersey will come there on the weekends. These girls tend to be Italian, Irish, Jewish or some mix of those.

Key "hot spots" in the East Village are St Marks Place between 1st Avenue and Avenue A, and 9th Street between 3rd and 2nd. If you just go to either of these cross streets you will immediately see 10+ venues that are decent literally within a block.

Further south, in the Lower East Side, the key hot spot is Ludlow and Rivington. This intersection is full of targets on any weekend night and many weeknights.

Solas

The cheesy joke is, if you go to Solas, you won't be "solo" for long. Irish bartenders who mix their drinks fucking STRONG. Classic East Village joint.

The 13th Step

NYU hangout. Lots of college girls. Beer pong tables. Sports bar so you can start off the night by watching a game there if you're into that before hitting up another venue.

The Back Room

One of my favorites. It is an old fashioned speakeasy. There's no sign; you get to the bar by going through the basement of an apartment building. Your liquor is served in coffee cups and your beer is served in a brown paper bag. Don't go in with a big group of guys as you may get stopped at the door, but small groups are usually ok (even better if you have girls with you). Pretty chill vibe and music isn't too loud; good for conversation.

Schiller's

Cougar hangout. Awesome place for a late night meal. Delicious fish and chips.

Fat Baby

Popular, dark and loud.

Beauty and Essex

Dinner spot with a bar upstairs. Game girls at the bar while they're waiting on their reservation. Classy vibe.

Hotel Chantelle

You could probably game all night in this place. 3 floors, one for hip hop, one for rock and one is a rooftop bar. Lots of tourists so I suspect it's written up a lot in tourist guides.

Meatpacking District

This is a key nightlife district in the city. It's home to a lot of "higher end" venues (read: bottle service) and also a tourist haven. Some good spots but there's a lot of doormen and face control. If you show up to one of these spots after 11, good chance someone's going to ask you to buy a $500 bottle just to go in. Bullshit. So how do you in?

First option- fucking show up early. My boys and I would show up to PHD at 9 and there wasn't a soul there except for the bottle girls, who are all 8+s by the way so why not take the time to get to know them when they have nothing to do. Why fewer people do this, and instead show up 2 hours later and pay $1,000 just to stand in line for an hour and get in, is beyond me.

Second option- get in with a promoter. If you know one already, great. If not, ask your plates and/or hot girl friends if they know one. If that doesn't work, you can simply do some internet searching and find them on Facebook. If you're tight with the promoter he can get you in for free. More likely, if you just email/call them out of the blue, they'll offer you a discount on the door charge- so you and your friends can get into their table for $200 all in as opposed to $500 or more. Yes it's expensive but it may be worth it especially if you have a group of guys who can share the pain.

Third option- pay cover. This can make economic sense if you have a big group of guys who can go in on a table; or if you just got a $1MM bonus at your Wall Street job. But if not... the first and second options are preferable.

PHD

Awesome venue. Dance floor inside, usually with solid DJs, and a rooftop patio outside. Common model hangout. They're hard to crack but if you want access, there you go. It's in the Dream Hotel. If you're visiting the city and have the funds to stay at the Dream, you can get free access to PHD and simply pull girls down to your room.

Le Bain/Top of the Standard

Le Bain is a nightclub with a hot tub in it. Good venue for pulling. Separately there is a cocktail bar next door with a more chill vibe and excellent views of Manhattan.

Standard Hotel Biergarten

Hit this place up for Happy Hour or early evening (8-9ish). Lots of 20something social circles will meet here for a quick drink before they go out to another venue; plus there are games like ping pong, fooz ball etc. that create a fun laid back vibe.

Bagatelle/Beaumarchais

These are dayclubs. Go for brunch on Sunday, hang out until 2 PM, then they close the curtains on the windows and bring in a DJ. So it's brunch followed by a DJ'd party. Ratios are mostly women. Why don't guys hit these places up more? It is mostly girls.. it is brunch after all! GUYS THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST KEPT SECRETS IN NYC. Stay in on Saturday and go out Sunday for brunch. Try it.

Avenue

Small venue, but high quality talent. One of the top nightlife spots in the city.

Upper East Side

Upper East was traditionally one of the older parts of the city, and very "tony", but now it's home to lots of young professionals who work in midtown and there's an OK nightlife scene- though not as good as downtown in my opinion. Not many nightclubs- and more dive-y bars and cocktail spots.

Key hot spot is 2nd avenue in the 70s. Lots of Irish bars and other joints that you can hit up quickly, then move on to the next venue as needed.

The Penrose

Good cocktail bar and decent talent. Fairly new.

Auction House

Great spot for a date. Very old school 1920s-type vibe. Need to be 25+ to get in.

Dorian's

The preppy hangout to rule all preppy hangouts. Let's put it this way- if you went there for Halloween dressed as Patrick Bateman, no one would get the joke.

Other Neighborhoods

I could go on, but if you have a limited amount of time in the city I would suggest your nightgame be focused on the Lower East Side and Meatpacking. The West Village is also solid. There are also good venues outside of Manhattan, and in Brooklyn in particular. Perhaps I will cover those in future datasheets.

Any questions, just ask.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-22-2015 12:47 AM)SAMO Wrote:  

Come to think of it, it may have been the G Manifesto.

Gave me a good laugh, thanks man. Great write up. Haven't really checked out Meatpacking yet, I have to do that soon.

What do you think of Pianos? Seems to be a bunch of easy girls with decent quality from my experience. Also, Welcome to the Johnson's for $2 PBR, I like stop by this place somewhere in the early-middle night for the sole purpose of getting a little bit more drunk without feeling a hit to my wallet, and there's usually a pretty good ratio of men to women in the place.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-22-2015 03:01 AM)Jnx Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2015 12:47 AM)SAMO Wrote:  

Come to think of it, it may have been the G Manifesto.

Gave me a good laugh, thanks man. Great write up. Haven't really checked out Meatpacking yet, I have to do that soon.

What do you think of Pianos? Seems to be a bunch of easy girls with decent quality from my experience. Also, Welcome to the Johnson's for $2 PBR, I like stop by this place somewhere in the early-middle night for the sole purpose of getting a little bit more drunk without feeling a hit to my wallet, and there's usually a pretty good ratio of men to women in the place.

Thanks man, yes Pianos is solid and I've gotten dates from there. There tends to be a pretty big line that forms for that venue late at night though- probably easier to hit that spot early. Also it's on a very happening street (not far from the Ludlow/Rivington intersection I mentioned) so there's lots of good stuff nearby.

NYC Datasheet 2015

You know RVF's got a great new member when one of his first posts is a datasheet.
Like the brutal honesty on the women's looks.. i always pictured NYC chicks to be generally really hot. Venue descriptions are short and to the point. But, you might want to let us know what the turnover rate is for these clubs - if you haven't been there over a year, then you're forgiven - but in general, do "hot" new clubs pop up often, or are the venues generally well-established 10+ years?

On my most recent trip, I based myself next to an are that was supposed to have 2 clubs. By the time I arrived, it was zero.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-22-2015 03:16 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

You know RVF's got a great new member when one of his first posts is a datasheet.
Like the brutal honesty on the women's looks.. i always pictured NYC chicks to be generally really hot. Venue descriptions are short and to the point. But, you might want to let us know what the turnover rate is for these clubs - if you haven't been there over a year, then you're forgiven - but in general, do "hot" new clubs pop up often, or are the venues generally well-established 10+ years?

On my most recent trip, I based myself next to an are that was supposed to have 2 clubs. By the time I arrived, it was zero.

Thanks man, and you raise a very good question regarding clubs. Hot clubs do come and go over time- for instance a decade ago I believe the hottest clubs included places like Crobar (since closed) and Marquee, which was hot in the mid-2000s but as far as I know is not considered as high quality now. I have even heard rumors of club owners intentionally closing down a club that has gone out of style, only to re-open a new club under a completely different name in the same neighborhood, to keep things fresh.

As far as I know the venues I listed in the Meatpacking are still solid- now there may be scenesters who are much more tuned in than I am that will tell you that 1Oak is better than PHD for some reason, or Avenue is worse for another... but the ones I listed have for the most part been around and been decent for a few years.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Great info for my next visit...Marquee was the vogue club back in 2006...makes me feel slightly old!!!

NYC Datasheet 2015

The Lower East Side venues get more and more crowded as the night goes on, and in a few places (like Fat Baby) it's essentially impossible to move once it gets to midnight. As for Pianos, it's a great place to start, especially on that second floor before they start charging the cover (10 PM). The setup of the first floor with the long bar and tables just seems sub-optimal for me, but I guess that's personal preference.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Great data sheet, thanks.

Also, an observation that some of you guys might find useful if you're going for that model flag. Wall Street and especially Hanover square off Water Street seem to have a pretty solid throughput of young, model-looking (giraffe, skinny, FSU) talent. Far from a waterfall, but certainly a fairly steady trickle. A lot of them seem to live in the area.

Try weekday lunch rush or weekdays 430-630 pm (when you can also segue to Stone Street happy hours with the local wage slaves, or as an alternative, go hit on tourists or Pace girls). The streets empty out by 7 and weekends are fairly dead.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

NYC Datasheet 2015

Good sheets.

I have to concur that the typical girl walking the streets of NYC is a 5.0

NYC Datasheet 2015

Great list for date spots around Manhattan, nice summaries.

In my experience LA girls are hotter, NYC girls are just more accessible (and logistics tend to work out better). Having lived in both places it's really just a matter of preference.

NYC Datasheet 2015

If you went there for Hallowe'en dressed as Patrick Bateman, no one would get the joke...

I'm fighting the first tickles of a cold, and almost shot warm buttered bourbon out of my nose.
Great post, +1.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Just finished up 4 years in NYC. I agree with most of this sheet but a few add on comments...

-13th Step (2nd ave between 9th and 10th st) has $1 beers every tuesday and it's a packed ~75% NYU crowd. Tuesday here is better than the weekend. Come early around 9 as a lot of the girls have class the next morning. Lots of greek life girls here and some are down for a stranger to SNL them. Seen it happen a few times

-Belfry (14th st between 2nd and 3rd ave) girls fucking love this place. Supposedly it's because they have good looking male bartenders but I've never been cockblocked here. Known for their pickleback menu (shot of whiskey followed by shot of pickle juice). I know a lot of college girls that went hunting here.

-Beauty Bar (Across the street from Belfry). Very hit or miss. 80's music and interesting interior as it's a converted hair salon. That nerdy hot girl that you never could figure out what she does on the weekends is probably here.

-Blind Barbor (10th st between Ave A and Ave B). Love this spot. Also a converted hair shop. Small interior space. Dark lighting. Expensive drinks. They have a corner by the exit called the "coffin", which has 1/2 price bottle service and is prime spot to isolate girls to away from the clusterfuck by the bar. The bouncer will probably give it to you for cheaper if you actually ask for the "coffin". The only issue here is that YOU HAVE TO COME EARLY. I usually showed up at 9pm, tipped the bouncer, got a stamp for re-entry, and came back 2 hours later around 11 and walked straight in when there was a line and they were charging $20-40/guy or outright rejecting everyone.

Scratcher (5th street between 2nd ave and 3rd ave) this block of 5th street is very quiet. It's right around the corner from the Standard. Irish bar with Guinness on tap. Seems to be a locals only place. Great for pre-game or catching up with friends as there's always a table empty and it never gets too loud/rowdy. Opposite dynamic from mixology bar. Usually take a girl from here to mixology bar for the polarity of it.

Mixology bars

-Pouring Ribbons (Ave B between 13th and 14th st). You won't be able to find the door. It's very nondescript and above a Chinese grocer. I only found it because the bouncer (big black dude) posts up outside on the wall at night. Expensive drinks ($15+) but fantastic interior and definitely will impress a girl. Supposedly this place is becoming more popular and therefore the novelty of going here is wearing off.

-Mayahuel (6th street between 1st and 2nd ave). Tequileria that only serves mezcal/tequila based drinks. Mixology bar and drinks cost (~$15) Every drink I've had here has been money. Supposedly the food is also good but I haven't tried. When you walk inside they usher you upstairs to very close quartered seats that don't let you sit next to the girl. I'd suggest staying downstairs at the bar.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Any take n Lavo?

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-22-2015 11:20 PM)djk100 Wrote:  

Any take n Lavo?

Lavo is popular. I personally don't like it because it tends to get ridiculously crowded in the club downstairs and I just get angry when I have to shove through seas of people to get anywhere in the venue. A good time can be had there but not my personal favorite.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Another bar in Upper East Side that I really liked was the Stumble Inn on 76th and 2nd. There's not too much action around there besides this bar so don't go far out of your way to come here (I lived right nearby)

This bar was lively almost every day of the week, especially during sports games. Drinks are dirt cheap on weekdays by NYC standards (15 bucks for a bucket of 5 beers, 4 dollar shots) - have various daily specials.

I would avoid on the weekend until later at night 2-4 AM because it's just too damn crowded and the venue isn't that big.

Also have beer pong tables, best chance to actually get some games is probably past 11 PM on a weekday.

NYC Datasheet 2015

I think a lot of the places mentioned on here are complete shit, but used to be very good.
Union Pool, in Williamsburg is a pretty famous place for easy sex. But like many other places mentioned here, it used to be great but has gone downhill.

IMO unless you're well connected within the club scene, Manhattan generally sucks for night game. Girls are short, overweight, and cunts. Brooklyn is much better. Day game in Manhattan is where you'll find hot girls

NYC Datasheet 2015

removed

NYC Datasheet 2015

@456 and Travolta...for daygame you go direct or indirect in Manhattan?

NYC Datasheet 2015

removed

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-27-2015 09:11 AM)slubu Wrote:  

@456 and Travolta...for daygame you go direct or indirect in Manhattan?

Very direct unless it's Asian FOBs or if there's an interesting situation going on that I can comment on.

NYC Datasheet 2015

I've been noticing that a lot of folks (broads) are being priced out of Manhattan for AirBnb when visiting NYC. Many are staying in Bushwick snd Bed-Stay right on the train line.

Wondering if this effects gaming in the city in a Marco level.

NYC from what I read is slowly turning into London with its central part being exclusively for millionaires and billionaires.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote: (11-28-2015 11:09 AM)kosko Wrote:  

I've been noticing that a lot of folks (broads) are being priced out of Manhattan for AirBnb when visiting NYC. Many are staying in Bushwick snd Bed-Stay right on the train line.

Wondering if this effects gaming in the city in a Marco level.

NYC from what I read is slowly turning into London with its central part being exclusively for millionaires and billionaires.

Not slowly turning. That change occurred years ago. A lot of players simply can't afford to live in Manhattan. If you earn a healthy living, it is one of the best places to live.

NYC Datasheet 2015

40x rent rule certainly adds to that. If one wants to rent a 1BR (not a studio) for $1300 per month, one will probably need to show proof of $52000 income to a landlord. Aside from the fact that several people don't make that money on their own, it is also quite difficult to find a 1BR for that price in a neighborhood that isn't far-flung. One should expect to pay at least $2000 per month for a 1BR in a neighborhood close to Manhattan (like Astoria), which would mean at least $80000 income. This effectively means that most of the younger people that keep flowing into the city either have really good jobs, are staying with however many roommates, or are being leveraged by someone else.

NYC Datasheet 2015

Quote:Quote:

but at the very top end you have guys with a ton of passive value- be it money, fame, whatever (if you go out with an 8 or 9 who's lived in NYC for a while, decent odds she's banged, or at least been chased, by someone famous)

How many really famous guys are there really though? There can't be no more than a couple thousand, if that, in NYC. Same for rich guys. The supply of 8's and 9's is much higher. It's nothing you would seriously have to worry about. Especially if all you seek is short-term sex, snls etc. Rich and famous guys already have their hands full (most of them are not single) and are usually workaholics so the "threat" of rich/famous guys is a little over-played and not cause for any real concern.

tl: dr "Dan Bilzerian" types are rare.