rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you work for the CIA?

Hey guys,
My leftist education has actually had the opposite effect on me instead of making me hate America or capitalism, I am fascinated by it. I have become interested in money, power and prestige.

I am seriously considering becoming a politician or at least a special agent for the CIA.

Do you know someone who works at the CIA or have you considered working for them yourself?

I did when I was 18, but then I started doing drugs, banging women, and traveling to countries I shouldn't be going to.

There are different levels of security clearances for various government jobs. If you want to be a special agent, I would suggest you remove yourself from internet forums, avoid drugs, avoid debt, and try not to piss any close friends off. Or that background check will get you. Also be careful what you tell you doctor.

Most former military will tell you this advice because we have been through the hoops.

I interviewed with them many years ago when I graduated from college. At the time, they wouldn't interview on campus and I met the recruiter in his hotel room. He looked the part with a pencil then mustache. He asked me questions to see if I was interested in politics and analyzing information. From what he described, you would basically develop an expertise to analyze information in an area of interest. The C.I.A. collects and analyzes a lot of information. You aren't necessarily a spy and I doubt the typical employee has much to do with money, power, and prestige.

Rico... Sauve....

Power is desirable and money opens all doors.

Personally, I'd despise myself for wanting to gain either through the U.S government.

LINUX advice is spot on - if you really want to go down that path.

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:12 AM)Phatom Wrote:  

Hey guys,
My leftist education has actually had the opposite effect on me instead of making me hate America or capitalism, I am fascinated by it. I have become interested in money, power and prestige.

I am seriously considering becoming a politician or at least a special agent for the CIA.

Do you know someone who works at the CIA or have you considered working for them yourself?

Prestige in being a secret agent is limited, because, well, of secrecy.

And money.. a (honest) CIA agent earns, what? Twice a State Police officer's salary, if that?

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:39 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

I interviewed with them many years ago when I graduated from college. At the time, they wouldn't interview on campus and I met the recruiter in his hotel room.

I see the CIA has solid Zero Date Hire game.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:20 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

I did when I was 18, but then I started doing drugs, banging women, and traveling to countries I shouldn't be going to.

There are different levels of security clearances for various government jobs. If you want to be a special agent, I would suggest you remove yourself from internet forums, avoid drugs, avoid debt, and try not to piss any close friends off. Or that background check will get you. Also be careful what you tell you doctor.

Most former military will tell you this advice because we have been through the hoops.

I think I am good in all areas. At the same time, what I mean by special agent I don't mean field combat or spy. But rather being one of the masterminds working behind the scenes, getting access to classified information and calling the shots. I want to help the American Empire dominate the world.

Good in all areas? My 2020 prediction for that level of confidence.

"The mutilated body of Phantom was found floating in a gym bag in the Hudson river at 4:35AM this morning, officials are ruling it a suicide by multiple stab wounds to the back. Work colleagues are shocked at this sudden tragic event."

You just watched the new Bond or something similar I'm betting.

Learn languages...

Russian, Urdu, Mandarin, Balochi, Arabic, Farsi....

I have a relative who worked in a national security job for their entire adult life. This person did well (government pension and married well) but money, power and prestige were not what this person was about. This person led an interesting life in a way and of the very few stories that could be told, they were interesting if you think that international politics are interesting, but when I asked for more stories, almost everything was still classified.

It's a desk job. Sometimes there's interesting travel, but it's like Sherman says. You'll be just another office drone living in Bethesda and commuting to the city, except that you won't be able to talk to anybody about what you do for a living.

Also, I had a low level security clearance many years ago and it's like Linux says. Boring people have a much easier time passing a security clearance. Being a regular church goer and getting your Eagle Boy Scout rank would really help you here.

Kosko is also on point. My relative spoke Russian fluently, Japanese well enough, a couple other languages.

If you want money, power, and prestige, why not become an attorney or get into finance? You can still work for the government if you want after that.

Money, power, and prestige you say? How about starting a company (or two)? Any other way you are somebody's bitch.

This was a serious interest of mine when I was younger. But as I've gotten older, I've realized several things.

(1) Working anywhere for anyone involves the potential of having limited career advancement or even being fired because of lies that people invent about you and the general unfounded gossip they spew. I've never been fired, but I've certainly put up with a lot of tough times in a couple jobs because of these. Not to say that every job is like this, but they all have this potential and you don't know until you've already expended the time, effort and money to get hired. (Yes, it takes money to get hired, especially if you have to travel a good distance to interviews, take time off of work, etc).

(2) A guy who has spent as much time in China as I have is going to be a pain in the ass to conduct a security clearance on. That doesn't mean I would fail it, but the guideline in Canada is 8 months or something if you've lived abroad and given government, I could see that taking 1.5 years in my case. During the duration, it wouldn't probably be possible to work abroad, which means I'd have to find something useful to do in Canada in the meantime. Currently, I have a unique skillset that is incredibly competitive in Asia, but I'd have trouble leveraging it in the short-term in Canada.

(3) I've had some bad work places experiences. I've worked hard to keep my nose clean and have nothing to be ashamed of, but I've had some jobs where people really wanted to sabotage me. If I did a background check on myself as an employer, I probably wouldn't want to hire myself, given some of the stuff I might learn. I've always been above board, but if you only knew half the story....it would look pretty bad. Applying for government jobs is a long process and I'm not interested in investing all that time when there's a good chance that I'll be viewed as "risky" and simply not hired in favour of less risky candidates.

(4) I'm not excited about being asked to do things that I strongly disagree with.

(5) I don't want to live in Ottawa. It's too damn cold.

(6) I don't want to sit in an office doing analysis. I like working on my feet.

I'm the King of Beijing!

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

I'm Canadian, I guess the SCRS would be a better option.

However, Canadians helped CIA a lot. Think of Ken Taylor, who helped to smuggle Americans out of Iran in 1979.

Taylor was a great guy (he died recently by the way) but his role has been greatly downsized in that bullshit Hollywood movie called "Argos".

Quote: (11-21-2015 01:02 AM)Phatom Wrote:  

Quote: (11-21-2015 12:20 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

I think I am good in all areas. At the same time, what I mean by special agent I don't mean field combat or spy. But rather being one of the masterminds working behind the scenes, getting access to classified information and calling the shots. I want to help the American Empire dominate the world.

Also, referring to the USA (even jokingly) as "the American Empire wanting to dominate the world", will get you hired by the DGCIM, Venezuela's counter-intelligence service, not by the CIA..

I went through recruitment for almost a year. Got one step before the job offer, which would then be followed by the intense clearances, exams etc. I was going for the clandestine service fyi.

I'm not sure I would have even went through with it though. I'm thoroughly opposed to many, if not most, of their agendas abroad. Certainly they play a role in counter-terrorism, but remember this isn't your run of the mill 9-5--you may be asked to do things you find morally reprehensible.

Here are some tips:

1.) Don't tell ANYONE your applying to the CIA. This is a huge no-no. If you're younger it's okay to tell your parents but dont go out of your way to do so.
2.) Study a critical foreign language. As Kosko said: Russian, Urdu, Mandarin, Balochi, Arabic, Farsi.... I did Russian.
3.) Do relevant internships. CIA has some good programs, try a State department internship too.
4.) Study a relevant subject and get good grades in it.
5.) Travel abroad, but not too much. It's important to have travel experience, especially to off the grid regions (think Egypt, China, Ukraine not France and Australia). Too much travel is suspect.
6.) Stay clean. You don't have to be perfect, but any history of shenanigans will likely disbar you.
7.) Understand the agency. There's a reading list on their website, which they expect you to read several books from. It's also important to have a thorough knowledge of foreign policy, history etc.

As for the process itself, it was lengthy, but most of that time was waiting. I was actually disappointed at how inefficient they were (especially seeing as they're supposed to be protecting our asses). Definitely do not put all your eggs in one basket. Find a job, hopefully in DC and work there while going through recruitment, if you even get that far. Remember, the CIA gets around 10,000 resumes per month! I was privileged to get as far as I did.

I never knew where I failed, but the 'round' I got cut after was a day of tests, followed by a basic psych exam the next day. If I had to guess, my personality probably isnt a great fit. I don't like authority and wouldn't make a good 'whipping boy'. Or it was just too competitive. Who knows??

Just give it a try is all I can say and hope for the best. Apply sooner than later, and keep applying year after year. They have a good program for young guns I was trying to get into which is the Professional Trainee Program, geared towards people under 25. They basically train you for 2-3 years then you're ready for action.

Good luck and feel free to ask any more questions I'll try to answer.

First off an agent is one that is recruited by a C.I.A. officer. You don't join and become a special agent.

Second read books that are out there from the guys who have been in. I'd suggest 'Class 11', 'Hard Measures', 'See No Evil', and 'Grey Work'. All great books which give you insight of life inside the agency.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

If it's money, power, and prestige you want I'd suggest that you look into management consulting, studying finance at an Ivy League school, or Law at an ivy-league school followed by moving into biglaw.

Pulling any of those career paths off isn't easy.

Learn Arabic. They need that shit more than ever.

Many brought up points about keeping it clean and this is very much true. They prefer "Strait laced" folks who don't drink, and of course don't do drugs. Supposedly Mormons and very devout Christians make up big chunks of the intelligence community for these reasons. Mormons travel abroad, many pick up a language while on their missions; as well, they are strait edged, trusted, and they get recruited heavily by their fellow mates.

My buddy does intelligence for the Military here. I have no idea what he does, but I have a basic picture...somewhat.. from the bits and pieces he has told me over the years.

His day to day life sounds very easy, but boring. Really just monitoring systems with evrey now and then as he calls it "something gets kinda of crazy once a month, maybe twice.. but only lasts about 4 days.. then its back to coffee runs and browsing the web".

He said at first they really mind fucked him and admits getting brainwashed with a lot of Army kool-aid, he has woken up now, and just views the job for what it is. Its a stable drone-desk Govt job with amazing benefits, and thus he is chilling.

Advancement on his side is strange as they take into account rank promotions among your corps and other stuff that would be tied to him doing missions and tours which he has stopped doing. But he has mentioned there are ways to get ahead via internal Certs they offer so you can take on more skill and responsibility.

His experience is unique as its Canadian and Military, but it likely paints a picture of how day-to-day desk life would be for your typical intelligence worker.

Next, a girl I worked with also had plans to be a "spy" (She must think its a movie). Her game plan so far has included a internship with NATO (I guess these are offered all over their member nations, so look into it), and she has a undergrad criminal justice (minor French), masters in geography, and is fluent in Italian. Her plan B is to go full Diplomatic-International Aide route if the CSIS plan does not work.

There are knowledge branches which information is sources. This diagram give you a picture of what core competencies you can focus on for your skill set while having other things such as languages to help make you a sought after candidate:

[Image: image.jpg]

im sure the recruiters are watching yall on here

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Maybe I already do.

Aloha!

Quote: (12-03-2017 04:27 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Maybe I already do.

Aloha!

Did you actually apply or did they just see you in a garish Hawaiian shirt with a straw hat, khaki shorts and aviators, and assume you were part of the team?

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I'm aware this is an old thread, but for future young readers. I seriously considered a career path in intelligence when I was young. One of the most solid ways to go about this in the United States is through military intelligence, since they'll look favorably on that when you're ready to transition to another agency, and you receive credit for your prior service. To my mind, that's the main benefit.

Some considerations if you want to go that route:

- You almost certainly want to be a commissioned officer. You should consider your options fully and do all the talking with recruiters well before making any decisions about college. Enlisting out of high school and then attempting to work your way up can be done, but they'll sell you some puffery about your odds to get you to enlist and then they've got you on the hook for years. ROTC scholarships are a big benefit, and there are also student loan repayment/forgiveness programs that are worth looking into if you've already made some irreversible decisions.

- There are no guarantees, the military is going to put you where they need you, but you can stack the deck for getting options for your preferred work by building the right profile for yourself.

- As others have said, you need to be squeaky clean. Clean credit, clean background, clean lifestyle. They want to know that you're smart but that you get along, won't be blackmailed, and don't make erratic, solipsistic decisions.

- Languages, technology, and dry, analytical "soft skills" like geography, political science, and economics were wanted here. History is also a commonly cited major, but notorious for restricting your career options later. STEM majors are surely twice as in-demand as they were back then.

- Think carefully if this is the lifestyle you really want. As others have noted, it's not a job you can brag to club sluts - or to anyone, anywhere - about. You're going to have considerable restrictions placed on you. In my research, the pay and benefits for a new graduate going the military route were attractive, but mid-career, you were looking at getting left behind unless you could stack your military retirement with a new career. They repealed the restrictions on stacking other federal pay with a military retirement right about the time I was looking, so the idea of doing 20 years in the military and then sliding over to a civilian agency was a viable option. Better still, though, to have private sector doors open to you. Look carefully at the compensation packages, look carefully at what will happen to your retirement if you change your mind. Life at 45 is the kind of thing 18-year-olds tend to forget to consider before they start signing papers.

Based on what knowledge I got from my own research and talking to recruiters at the time, if I were doing it over and decided I wanted to go this route, I'd have busted my ass for a Navy ROTC scholarship and an advanced standing stipend, then double-majored in economics and something technical with a minor in linguistics and let the military teach me the languages they need me to learn at their expense - because that's what they're going to do anyway.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Far from an expert on the CIA, but a close friends father is retired CIA. He was pretty high up at the end of his career - he worked for several years after leaving the CIA at multinational corps as a security director (probably making 500k per year) and is now comfortably living out West.