rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you evaluate a woman's cooking?

Simple question, difficult answer?

WIA

Does it taste good, pretty much my only criteria.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Whether or not I like it. I don't see it as a difficult answer

Quote: (11-17-2015 01:37 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Whether or not I like it. I don't see it as a difficult answer

I cook.

Some chicks can cook anything on hand,
others have to go to the market,
others need a recipe.

Some are recreational cooks.
Some are stuck on diets or specific cuisines.

WIA

Shortened Answer

I can't cook (well) I think. Or couldn't be bothered.

As such I can't spend inordinate amounts of time with a woman who can't.

My LTR is a chef by profession.

I'd say her skill level is high.
She's highly efficient & good on presentation.
Food is delish too.

The schooling is the pudding.

I +1 any woman who cooks.
So many can't these days!
Cos' their not slaves, can't be bothered, eat takeaway 24/7, or just boil shite nonsense.

I look at your attitude.
Are you humble & mature in how you dish out for me?
Displaying your femininity.
Or power tripping talking bout' this & that.

Overall it's all in the tasting.
The consumer is always right.

Speaking of which, if she didn't like my Game.
She wouldn't be cooking for me, now would she?

She liked it, as such I should her cooking too.

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

Quote: (11-17-2015 01:14 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

* Ingredient selection - Quality, Health, and Price.

* Seasoning - Can she season food simply to create solid flavor? It's absolutely possible to overseason food.

* Made from scratch - If she bakes, does she use pre-mixes or does she make everything from scratch? I don't mind shortcuts from time to time, but the ability to make things from scratch shows me you know what you're doing and you recognize the higher quality that fresh ingredients brings.

* Animal cooking - Can she at least minimally deal with a fish with the skin still on the filet, de-bone a whole cooked chicken? I don't need a woman who can kill a hog and then clean it completely herself, but if she can't handle basic food prep knowledge and be comfortable with it, that's not a good sign.

* Pairings - Can she cook items that are not just healthy and have good flavor, but that pair with each other well? Can she pair beverages with food?

* Can she cook something out of whatever's around. At some point everyone gets in a pinch and if you can still manage to throw something decent together that shows your versatility as a cook.

* Desire - Does she enjoy cooking/feeding/taking care of other people? Does she recognize that it's a way to bond and be closer together with friends and family? This is important.

Personally, I could care less if a woman would prefer to use a recipe, especially if she has a really good selection of recipes because that shows desire and forethought. However, if a woman can't cook anything without a recipe, that's not a great sign.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Quote: (11-17-2015 01:32 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Does it taste good, pretty much my only criteria.

I second that!

Also any time my girl is cooking I go behind her and smack her ass.
I say something like "I love it when you cook for me" and then I kiss her.

She gets so wet I have to get one of these:

[Image: 283449.jpg]

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

I'm pretty simple. Can she make healthy, protien rich meals taste good, but without excess carbs or bad fats? What is her vegetable game like? Anyone can make sweets or pastas taste good, the real challenge is a healthy meal.

My mother is a chef (now retired). This intimidates a lot of girls who try to cook for me. Not only that, I can also cook pretty well myself and live in an area with possibly the best restaurants in the country, so I'm very used to good quality foods.

My evaluation is very simple though:

1. Does she cook for me (i.e to my taste, my nutrition needs) or for herself? Does she see it as a female nurturing skill and a bonding experience?

And that's about it. The rest can be taught easily if the mentality is there. I can teach her and my mother can send recipes and instructions.

My current LTR has that desire to cook for me down pat, and is also a very quick learner. She only knows a handful of dishes at the moment but she can do them very well.

Smacking that ass while she's cooking for me is my favourite. So is cooking breakfast naked on weekends (house rule, in fact).

I think a lot of it comes down to whether or not she genuinely enjoys being in the kitchen. Enthusiasm is big.

Quick story. I remember the first time I met my best friend's girlfriend she had driven like 6 or 8 hours to the house. We were going fishing at the crack of dawn the next morning so she barely slept. She chilled with us all morning without bitching at all. We come back with a mess of fish around noon and get around to finally cooking up breakfast. I look over at her and she is cutting up a watermelon. What struck me was that she had this smile on her face like she was so happy to be doing that.

I was kind of amazed by it. Most of the girls I had ever know stumbled around the kitchen like it was some kind of chore, but here this girl looked so happy to be there. They ended up getting married. She makes life easy for my friend.

That experience shaped how I viewed women as potential LTRs.

I don't just want some bitch who is willing to cook. I want one that enjoys being in the kitchen. When she is in the kitchen I want to be able to look over and see a harmonious scene, not some dumb chick fumbling around.

There are some other criteria as well.

Can she handle criticism of her cooking?
Can she take a recipe from my mom and replicate it?

You have to find a chick who is willing to make shit the way you like it.

I remember the first time my chick made me bacon. She brought it out to me and said it was perfect. I had to break it to her that I don't like it that crispy. Now she gets it perfect every time. She wasn't insulted at all when I told her to change the way she made it.

She is always trying to impress me with new recipes which is important too. She has also taken some of my mom's recipes and been spot on with the way they are done.

It has to taste good obviously, but like anything else it comes down to her enthusiasm, pleasant attitude, and her willingness to please.

WIA

(1) Is her food going to kill me, and (2) is her food going to make me want to kill myself in 6 months?

I don't care how a girl cooks unless I'm going for LTR status.

Hell I don't think girls do either. Last week I told a chick I'd bring some food on the phone. I got laid off a box of grapes.

Waking up/coming home to decent food is what I look for in a LTR, it doesn't have to be any gourmet stuff. That and of course, daily blow jobs.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

You guys are lucky. I never meet women younger than their mid-thirties who can cook.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Ingredients and technique, tbh

Simple answers.

Does she have a similar taste in food to you? If so the outcome will be better.
Does she enjoy cooking for you? If so she is also submissive.
Does she cleanup as well or bring prepared dishes to you? If so it leaves time for you to watch her cook/cleanup while you playfully slap her ass and tell her she's a good girl.
Who the fuck cares what it tastes like? Women are for fucking and sucking our cocks, this why Jesus gave us restaurants with delivery.

It is very easy to follow a cook book or some easy online recipe, get some groceries from the store and make something half way decent.

That is not was cooking is about.

The best cook i know was a Japanese girl i dated in college for a while who could scratch up a meal out of nothing.

All you have is bit of rice in the rice cooker, some spices, half an onion, some week old bell peppers & frozen tilapia? No problem. 30 minutes later she'll serve up a gourmet dinner.

Cooking is an art and some people are better artists regardless of the paints, brushes or canvases.

So watch what she can do with limited ingredients. Is she creative enough to just throw some stuff in and serve up a meal which has no name but is absolutely delicious?

That is my standard.

WIA

For me taste is very important.
I don't care about nutrition/freshness/... simply because girl-cooked food is a small fraction of my total consumption - when I want really good (or healthy) food, I go to a really good restaurant, usually in town centre anyway.

The only other thing I care about is presentation and not this one:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqhRRqIQES5G6n2qTqxsB...cSnIJeQqDU]

but this one:
[Image: fgeNXmN.png]
note: pictured random Internet person, to convey the idea.

If she is in my kitchen she already knows the rules and we rarely have issues.
Cooking at hers is a different thing altogether, if she has a housemate (or live-in dependant) food becomes simply food. Kitchen episode loses its focus then.

This is a great question.

It has made me realize that except for my grandmother, I have never had a family member or girlfriend who could really cook.

It is almost like I have no standards here because I have no reference points.

My mom was at best an indifferent cook, going through the motions, making the same few things over and over with as little enthusiasm or love as possible. Feeling pressured, as if to say, "Oh shit, I'm the mom, I guess I have to do this." Whenever we had guests, the stress got to her and she drank up a storm and let my dad do anything fancy or difficult. She hid in the kitchen though, getting in his way.

Once in my teens I made a comment that she could have put a little more creativity into it, and she started crying and said how it hurt her feelings, and told my dad, and he gave me a talking to, and if you ever wonder why men aren't red pill naturally, this is why. They are. They have standards and demands. It gets guilted and shamed out of them early.

My sister was an indifferent cook except after she had seen a show with a celebrity or been at a rich friend's house and got a red hair about cooking for about a minute, until she forgot about it.

Then she got married and had a kid and somehow got Martha Stewart Living all mixed up in her head with child rearing and would spend hours preparing these weird sort of multi-course meals FOR HER TODDLER, turning the kitchen into an absolute pigsty, and then crying in frustration when my nephew got more joy tossing the food on the floor than he would have eating it. It further enraged her when I, a non-parent, rescued the kid from her madness, plopped him in a stroller, took him away from the maniac in the kitchen, and made him happy with grapes, string cheese, and yogurt.

My college girlfriend, though funny and sexy and beautiful, could cook nothing. She made self deprecating jokes as she handed me food that didn't need cooking:

"There, I FIXED you an apple. "

"I PREPARED a chocolate bar for you."

All the woman I have had long term relationships with, well, the best I could say is they weren't hopeless. Not one of them showed any passion or joy for cooking. Some were adequate.

In my forties I taught myself how to cook. Watching cooking shows, following recipes from books, downloading recipes for garlic sauce from the internet. At first I followed recipes slavishly, worried about how people would like what I cooked, and as I continued to cook it became more fun, and I began to enjoy the intrinsic act of cooking, just trying shit out and having fun with the use of color and composition on the plate. Cooking was fun and easy, an act of creativity, and one that would have a dud every now and then.

By the time I got married, again to someone who wasn't a star in the kitchen, but more competent the others I had been with, I kind of took over the kitchen, and that was to her relief. I made food as I liked it, not as top chefs might, and it was fun, and that was it. My wife was there just to give me a break now and then with warmed up prepared meals or simple basics.

So the time scale here is from the 80s to now. Young guys complain that woman can't cook today like they did in the old days, but from my experience, most of the upper middle class educated women I have known have been shit in the kitchen. These are women who have been born between the years 1929 and 1980.

It is almost like I am saying that I don't understand your question. Women cook? What do they cook, dodos and passenger pigeons?

Thanks for this question. I never really even thought of this til now. I have spent my life as the kitchen version of the MGTOW. Women are hopeless, you might as well do it yourself. Make them at least do the dishes.

My grandmother could cook, kicked everyone out of the kitchen on Thanksgiving, took actual real pride in it, as if it was how she could prove herself to be a valuable member of the family. What can I bring, Grandma? Nothing, just bring yourself.

That awesome homemaker attitude is sepia-goddamn-toned.

I'm actually getting jealous here, though I am happy for you, that some of you are finding women who have enough skill that you can start to have standards for them. To me, judging a woman on her cooking is like criticizing a ten year old baller for not being able to dunk.

Food is a weird subject. It is a lot like sex. There is so much more going on extrinsically than the act itself being committed purely for its own enjoyment. There is a lot to think about here, and I am grateful for WIA's original post. I will be thinking about this all day.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

@debeguiled, Great post.

To me, the flippant responses say a whole lot about the "movement"

Being a former line chef and short order cook, I pick up on this fairly easy. What it boils down to is how experienced she is, just like anything else. Can she easily make you dinner without making a big deal about it or opening a cookbook? She just goes to the store, puts food in the fridge, and cooks it. No long winded "eat,pray,love" epiphany moment in her life, like "I really want to learn how to cook now." It comes down to how much she has cooked in her life, and if we are talking about young women, how much she cooked in her home as a kid and learned from her parents. I have been through plenty of relationships where the women has the epiphany moment, then makes an earnest attempt at cooking. That is fine, I am all about someone learning and doing new things, but I have had my fair share of bland ass cooking, apple sauce used as a sweetener and swapped out for sugar(barf), intense cook book study sessions(geek), and witnessed many girls who suddenly realized in their 20's that they had no more proficiency than an 8 year old in the kitchen. I did though have a latina gf who could whip up a south american feast in a matter of minutes out of nothing and not make a big deal about, it was instinct for her as a result of her close ties to her mother. Too bad she was batshit crazy and insanely jealous.

Quote: (11-17-2015 02:51 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

WIA

* Ingredient selection - Quality, Health, and Price.

* Seasoning - Can she season food simply to create solid flavor? It's absolutely possible to overseason food.

* Made from scratch - If she bakes, does she use pre-mixes or does she make everything from scratch? I don't mind shortcuts from time to time, but the ability to make things from scratch shows me you know what you're doing and you recognize the higher quality that fresh ingredients brings.

* Animal cooking - Can she at least minimally deal with a fish with the skin still on the filet, de-bone a whole cooked chicken? I don't need a woman who can kill a hog and then clean it completely herself, but if she can't handle basic food prep knowledge and be comfortable with it, that's not a good sign.

* Pairings - Can she cook items that are not just healthy and have good flavor, but that pair with each other well? Can she pair beverages with food?

* Can she cook something out of whatever's around. At some point everyone gets in a pinch and if you can still manage to throw something decent together that shows your versatility as a cook.

* Desire - Does she enjoy cooking/feeding/taking care of other people? Does she recognize that it's a way to bond and be closer together with friends and family? This is important.

Personally, I could care less if a woman would prefer to use a recipe, especially if she has a really good selection of recipes because that shows desire and forethought. However, if a woman can't cook anything without a recipe, that's not a great sign.

Please let me know where you can find women that qualify with 3/4 out of 7 that you listed. I'll buy my plane ticket ASAP to that location.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

@Mentavious

1946 Campus Dr, Hyde Park, NY 12538

Can't promise that they'll be cute

WIA

Quote: (11-18-2015 02:01 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Please let me know where you can find women that qualify with 3/4 out of 7 that you listed. I'll buy my plane ticket ASAP to that location.

Small village, town or city in SEA still have a relative abundance of them.

My uncle would say the same about Poland. He lives there, is married to a small town woman who's like that.

I'd say places where majority of people still need to do lots of physical labour tend to have plenty of those women.

Quote:debeguiled Wrote:

This is a great question.

It has made me realize that except for my grandmother, I have never had a family member or girlfriend who could really cook.

So the time scale here is from the 80s to now. Young guys complain that woman can't cook today like they did in the old days, but from my experience, most of the upper middle class educated women I have known have been shit in the kitchen. These are women who have been born between the years 1929 and 1980.

Good observation, I can see the same in my family as well, and because most women I've dated are educated MC/UMC, they can't cook either. Also, they seem proud of not being able to do anything, and progressively get worse. When I first dated a girl who could not boil eggs, I thought that was as bad as it could get, but eventually I ran into one who failed at "making" 2 minutes instant noodles...

There are only 2 women (<40) I've ever been with or met that can cook and love to cook for me. They both come from small country towns with basic community college level of education.

Quote: (11-18-2015 02:01 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Well, the question was how do you evaluate a woman's cooking and that was my answer. Now, that's not to say that I expect near perfection in each category but I expect her to be able to cover the basics and do above average in at least one category.

I'm on the west coast and while I can't say that all that many women here have strong cooking skills, the last 2 women I've dated have been able to cook. They also would bring me food from time to time when I've been working late or brought me desserts/baked goods they make just to be nice.

Either I have high standards or I've been fortunate.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

If she can cook better than me, I'd consider putting a ring on it. Literally hasn't happened yet, and the sad part is that I'm no where near a professional (e.g., Veloce). Most cooking showdowns end something like this:

[Image: ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (11-17-2015 02:51 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

[The whole thing.]

Allow me to cosign Aneroid's breakdown:

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'd add a few important considerations:
  • Kitchen Technique: Can she handle a knife like a pro? Does she mix fats for certain sautee jobs? Does she keeps a smart "working kitchen" with quality (if not necessarily expensive) tools that are obviously well cared-for? Does she take 45 minutes to make a simple salad or does she time things perfectly? Cleaning up as she goes is the mark of a professional; the opposite of a chick who makes a sink full dishes just to boil an egg.
  • Creativity: Unlike Aneroid, I find it a huge positive to be cooking a meal without a recipe, which displays a degree of originality and instinct--whether it's a variation on a classic or a completely new thing. It doesn't take much to load a recipe for Coq au Vin on the iPhone and then follow the steps. I would hope a chick could at least do that, though--as we note all over the forum--they often take pride in not even being able to do that.
  • Not Making Some Cliche Shit in An Effort to be Gourmet: If you so much as mention "chicken marsala," I know you're an amateur. That's some amateur firing up the stove for the first time in two months, trying to stick out their pinky finger while drinking Gray Goose. Keep it simple, but not bland. If something has to be fancy, great, but don't just do it for the sake of trying to be fancy.
  • Comfortable in the Kitchen: I mean this in the simplest of ways: you can be social, laugh, and cook at the same time. You can create an atmosphere around your cooking. You can tell they've been there before and, more importantly, can keep a hearth--she can turn a kitchen into a place for gathering family and friends, rather than a frantic shitshow where she rushes around trying not to burn everything. When a chick comes over, I turn on nicer lights, pour some drinks or wine, and talk shit while making something that's often my version of some simple dish. We're chilling. Can she do that? Doubt it, but it does exist.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter