rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying Drinks as a Power Move to Swoop Girls

In Roosh's most recent blog post: http://www.rooshv.com/you-still-need-gam...ang-whores

He busts a move straight out The G Manifesto Playbook:

"My next move may be a surprise: I bought everyone a round, including my girl, who basically just told me to fuck off. It’s very hard for someone to turn down a drink, and I was hoping the round would keep everyone in the bar for as long as it took her to warm back up to me. I find that guys are very appreciative when you buy them a drink, so I was hoping that the guy would get on my team after buying him a crappy American beer."

I was glad to see Roosh bust out this one, as I have been waging a one man philosophical war for years against the entire pickup artist community about the value of buying drinks and spending money.

This is a great scenario to do it, and I constantly bust this move in similar circumstances to great effect.

It is amazing how much allegiance, and juice that buying someone simple drink will get you. Or a little grease.

Here is the kicker and the higher level of the Game that people never seem to understand:

When you throw money around and grease, you actually get things for free in return.

This is the thing about The G Manifesto that seems to go over so many people's heads: you can live like a millionaire without being one.

The hardline of "I will never spend any money ever!!!!!" actually costs you way more in the end ie girls, money, life experience etc

Give it a shot, and see your swoops increase accordingly.

Im with you on this one 1000%. I spend money when im out like a maniac. When people see how you roll they think of you when they want to sell something or want to middle man a deal that they don't have the resources to complete.
It does'nt hurt getting you noticed by women either..Ive got many bangs from women who were sick of their broke dick boyfriends.
Most people in town think im rich,I hear rumors about myself ranging anywhere from trust fund to coke dealer even hoover dam stock millionaire was the latest,lol
I don't do it on purpose, Ive been that way my whole life and believe in abundance.I was the kid who would shovel driveways all morning and spend every penny buying my friends pizza when we were done.
I owe everything I have to that mindset...

I've walked in like Rick James and bought the whole bar a round, many times over. Ring the bell. If you want be a rock star, you gotta spend like one.

G, this is one sometimes I've struggled with. Whilst I am not tight be any means, I've probably bought into the notion that buying a girl lowers your value on many occasions, I've usually only done it after v.solid interest, i.e. kissing lots of touch or I've banged a girl.

For example I was rolling solo the other night and I was swooning a Spanish chick, we got talking in the line, went into the club, got on well. As we got in she wanted to find her friends, then we found them got talking etc. I suggested a drink to loosen her up etc and offered, we got to the bar and she was on her phone the whole time, and nonchalant, then took a few steps back and started talking with her friends.

So I took this as disinterest and didn't bother buying her a drink, so I went to find another chick, ten minutes later she finds me and says 'Oh I thought you were going to get me a drink?.' It was irrelevant because I swooned another chick that night, but it's something that's not always on my radar, as I have it in the back of my head that it doesn't DHV...Is it more a case of persistence and not caring a la Roosh, as G Manifesto linked at the top? Sometimes I am not sure when to, clearly not to gain her affection but getting a drink into to develop the connection and rapport further - thoughts?

I suppose buying girls drinks and throwing some grease around could be useful under certain conditions, but how do you stop yourself from being seen as the "provider" type trying to impress women by buying them stuff?

Quote: (06-23-2011 02:50 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I suppose buying girls drinks and throwing some grease around could be useful under certain conditions, but how do you stop yourself from being seen as the "provider" type trying to impress women by buying them stuff?

I wonder the same...I feel like if I were to offer a girl drinks that she would view me as a beta.

If a girl asks me to buy a drink, I'll say no, unless there is a lot of attraction already built. Make it seem like it's no big deal, b/c it really isn't. Walk up next to a girl standing at the bar. Order your drink, then look over at her for a second, and say nonchalantly, "and whatever for her". Grab your drink, flash a slight smile at her, then walk away. I've used this approach for years.

If buying for the bar or a group don't stand there waiting for the attention. Order the round then go back to whatever you were doing like nothing happened.

Quote: (06-23-2011 03:00 PM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

I wonder the same...I feel like if I were to offer a girl drinks that she would view me as a beta.
Who cares what they think..If you do thats beta. Buy them what you want them to drink..not a daquiri, buy wild turkey shots. If there is energy and you're having fun keep the ball rolling

This is what I'm wondering too, because the stigma for most of us is that you'll be classified the provider guy who's an easy mooch for drinks, and nothing more.

I would think the answer is to not open this way, which is what most guys do.

"How are you doing tonight, can I buy you a drink?"

Rather, wait till they're interested in more then just a drink and then use it as grease, rather then a point of entry.

My other question is about the class of this move. For those of us without the coin to throw around to buy a whole groups shots (thats $60 for 5 people in my area) what about buying cheap shit? Would going for cheap beer or rail liquor be a bad move?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

el mechanico -

"Who cares what they think..If you do thats beta."

Excellent point.

This whole worry about whether or not things are beta has to stop.

Do you think Whitey Bulger pulls out a big bankroll and wonders if it is beta or not to buy a girls a drink? Of course not.

He does it if he wants to because that is all that matters.

Here is the thing that pickup artist never seem to understand about buying a drink for a girl:

It gets girls more drunk.

Which in turn makes it easier to swoop her.

So you are really investing in yourself not investing in her.

Quote: (06-23-2011 03:54 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

el mechanico -

"Who cares what they think..If you do thats beta."

Excellent point.

This whole worry about whether or not things are beta has to stop.

Do you think Whitey Bulger pulls out a big bankroll and wonders if it is beta or not to buy a girls a drink? Of course not.

He does it if he wants to because that is all that matters.

Here is the thing that pickup artist never seem to understand about buying a drink for a girl:

It gets girls more drunk.

Which in turn makes it easier to swoop her.

So you are really investing in yourself not investing in her.
Fuckin bingo!!!

This reminds me of a story that Adnan Khashoggi often told about a lesson his father taught him. When he was a kid he dropped a coin on a carpet. His father picked up the coin and dropped it on a marble floor: "you can spend your money quietly or with a bang"

Like any aspect of game it comes down to your overall strategy. If you drop your coins the right way it will smooth the path to the bang.

Reciprocity is one of the most powerful human motivators. I like being generous; it all comes back to you multiplied eventually.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Yea its all about mindset, how much you value yourself and how secure you are in the situation. Its funny because this kind of move works more for people who need to do it the least. I mean people secure enough to buy a girl a drink and not feel beta about it are in the least need to pull the move to get the lay and those who it would most help, like me, can't pull it off as easily cause I'm still insecure and don't want to feel like the girl is using me.

My question is nilotic wether I should buy a drink or not, rather why should I have to? If a girl has been cool with me at least 20 mins then no problem, but if she's being a bitch and cold I'd rather move on to a girl that us feeling my vibe and slender time with her.

I rather grease wheels to guys that will wing me, club managers, hostesses, bartenders. Those are worth greasing IMO.

Why would I want to buy the bar a round? To me it's pointless if they don't directly impact my game, and I do have the $$$$ to floss!

Mixx

Quote: (06-23-2011 04:18 PM)Riker Wrote:  

Yea its all about mindset, how much you value yourself and how secure you are in the situation. Its funny because this kind of move works more for people who need to do it the least. I mean people secure enough to buy a girl a drink and not feel beta about it are in the least need to pull the move to get the lay and those who it would most help, like me, can't pull it off as easily cause I'm still insecure and don't want to feel like the girl is using me.

That is the problem I have with the whole "pick up artist" world.

The whole community is (primarily) weasely former betas leading current betas.

There is so much insecurity it is scary.

You need to focus on being The G, not little games over a $10 drink, your life will thank you for it.

Hooligan Harry said a great line, "Its not alpha to be an ill mannered cheap skate, which is what half the PUA community seems to think is the definition of alpha." http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-50...66275.html

The only thing I would correct is it is probably what 99.9% of the pua community thinks is the definition of an alpha.

Hording your money in a nightspot is not fun.

The guy who has fun, wins.

Mixx -

"if she's being a bitch and cold I'd rather move on to a girl that us feeling my vibe and slender time with her. "

Sure that goes without saying.

I think one of my greatest talents is being able to read people. I never buy a girl a drink, or more importantly, give her another second of my time if her energy is off. Maybe some people can't read that stuff.

"Why would I want to buy the bar a round?"

I have never done it.

Keep in mind here, I am not advocating spending money in a stupid way.

I am saying never let $14 get between you and a fly girl and an amazing night.

@G- I buy the bar a round because I can. There's nothing stupid about. It's mosty done in veterans clubs and small hometown bars with people I know. The most spent was about $150. That's a drop in the bucket. And most of the time afterwards I won't have to spend anther dime on anything else the rest of the night. Besides, after spending 6 months in a war zone I come home to do pretty much what the fuck I want.

"I am saying never let $14 get between you and a fly girl and an amazing night. "

I wish it was that much. Where i live, shots is like 7 euros EACH. Imagine if i did that with 4-5 girls and some of their friends or guys. The only way to feel good about spending money is when your in this happy state (the natural) that 99% of PUAs fail to do

Quote: (06-23-2011 04:50 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

@G- I buy the bar a round because I can. There's nothing stupid about. It's mosty done in veterans clubs and small hometown bars with people I know. The most spent was about $150. That's a drop in the bucket. And most of the time afterwards I won't have to spend anther dime on anything else the rest of the night. Besides, after spending 6 months in a war zone I come home to do pretty much what the fuck I want.

The way I wrote that came off wrong.

There should have been a "break" between my two statements, and I wasn't saying your move was stupid, if that makes sense.

I was saying:

1. I have never done the move

And (unrelated)

2. I am not advocating spending money unwisely, I am advocating spending money wisely.

I can see how this move would work.

Hell, you might get free drinks for a year afterwards if executed correctly.

I'll have to try this out a little more often. I've only bought 3 girls drinks before...and 2 were girls I dated, while the other was a girl I met at the airport. I had no regrets about buying drinks since she was spending an evening with me.

No worries G. My response was harsh. Buying a bar round can work well. Here's an example:

I pulled this stunt in an Athen, GA saloon. After getting literally cold-shouldered several times I got pissed off. Something wasn't right as this bar had produced results in the past. The bartender didn't believe my request so I threw down a benji and told him "I'm Rick James bitch!" I was leaned up against the end of the bar minding my biz when he announced the round had been bought, and who had supplied it. Results from $100 investment:

1. Banged a blond that night.
2. Got a number from another girl when the blond went to the bathroom.
3. Frat guys wanted to be my friend, and introduced me to their social circles. This opened up many opportunities for the next two weeks.
4. Being announced as "the man" at all social gatherings.
5. Saved 10x the initial investment drinking at private gatherings instead of the bars over two weeks.
6. Saved a lot of hassle trying to get laid w/ cold approaches in the bars. Social circle game is easy in Athens.

So yeah, it can be done but you gotta have some swag to pull it off and the venue has to be right. I don't think it would work at a high-end establishment unless the crowd was really wound up.

Quote: (06-23-2011 11:37 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Here is the kicker and the higher level of the Game that people never seem to understand:

When you throw money around and grease, you actually get things for free in return.

I think this is mainly due to the fact that everyone seems to take the "Don't buy girls drinks" thing totally out of context.

Buying girls drinks for them to start taking an interest in you or take a liking to you will get you nowhere, fast!

But buying a couple of drinks at the right time or with the right attitude makes those drinks count and they will pay the dividends one way or the other.

Buying women stuff does not make you the "provider" type by itself, it is how you do it that does it. I am not saying buy women stuff all the time, but under the right circumstances yes.

Quote: (06-23-2011 03:00 PM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

Again if you are buying drinks in the hope that she will start having an interest in you or if this is your first line to the girl, then yes you will come across as beta or a provider who she can mooch drinks off.

Quote: (06-23-2011 12:04 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I don't do it on purpose, Ive been that way my whole life and believe in abundance.I was the kid who would shovel driveways all morning and spend every penny buying my friends pizza when we were done.
I owe everything I have to that mindset...

I am much the same way, and it has sort of become ingrained within me from an early age. That being said I don't splash around money like an idiot under any circumstance. But I spend money when I am out, either with people I already know or if I meet interesting people who could add positives for me.

I am not floating in $$$ by any means, but I do pretty well so it never hurts me financially if I spend a bit more when I am out.

Someone posted in another thread, I think Lumiere about buying drinks for cool people. This is what works well, you want to be the cool person wherever you are, and you should surround yourself with such people as well. And buying a couple of drinks for the interesting people at the place will provide returns in one way or the other.

Here are a few things that you can/should do and shouldn't -

Don't:

1. Ask a girl if you can buy her a drink or buy her a drink as the first point of interaction.
2. Only suggest a drink after you have had a conversation with her for a sufficient amount of time. This lets you gauge if it is worth buying the drink for her.
3. Once you've bought the drink, don't hang around her too much right after.
4. Buy a girl a drink if she outright asks you to buy her one within the first 5 - 10 minutes
5. Get her something that you are drinking just because you expect everyone to like it. Especially if you are a beer or whiskey/bourbon guy.

Do:

1. Buy drinks for people who are cool and fun to hang around (guys or girls doesn't matter). These people will boost your status in a positive light.
2. If you have been with a girl for more than 10 minutes, and you need a refill, then ask her if she would like a drink as well. Or if you don't need a refill still, ask her only after you've spent a considerable amount of time with her.
3. Buy her something that is out of the ordinary. Something she does not expect. This could be something that the bartender does special. Works especially well if you know the bartender well and he does a special.
4. Keep the entire thing as something you always do and are accustomed to, and don't make it a big deal. It should be natural. Stay easy going and keep your nonchalant attitude after. This is very important. Don't get too comfortable around her, leave the vicinity for a while and come back in a few minutes.
5. Getting a bang from the girl should not be your aim for buying drinks, it should be to demonstrate your qualities better - you are fun, cool and do well, but not a chump who she can mooch off from

If you pull it off properly, more often than not the girl will find you again herself later on at night if you aren't with her the whole time.

A bunch of guys have posted about being tight with $$$, in such cases don't splurge since it will turn expensive real quick. If you are buying a round for a group, go for something which is not too expensive but not so cheap that most people don't even like to think about drinking it.

Mixed shooters are best for such purposes, because you can have the bartender use non-premium liquor for the base instead of the expensive ones and it will not have much effect on the final product. Go for the uncommon ones again, this will get people to notice it more. If the drink turns out good, they will appreciate you for opening them up to something new and you get bonus points.

Game is not about sex. Sex is a by-product, albeit an excellent one, it is the thrill of the hunt!!

Quote: (06-23-2011 03:09 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Walk up next to a girl standing at the bar. Order your drink, then look over at her for a second, and say nonchalantly, "and whatever for her". Grab your drink, flash a slight smile at her, then walk away. I've used this approach for years.

No, that does not work. I have a friend who used to do that, buying girls drinks before he's even talked to them. He was a doctor so whatever he spent for that did not hurt him much, but still 0% ROI.
How many times a girl is alone by the bar anyway? Perhaps she's waiting for her boyfriend who went to take a piss. And guess what - he's gonna drink that beer you just bought for her!

I don't mean to say I don't buy girls drinks - actually, I just bought two girls drinks the other day, when they were drinking Mojitos and we started arguing whether the Daiquiris (made with fresh strawberries) were better.
It is a good DHV if you can introduce them to something good that they have not tried before and don't even stop to think about the cost to do it. Not that the cost is great anyway, but still this differentiates you from a broke dude who would not be able to afford it, or from a cheapskate. And as G says, it dets them drunk.

It's so funny - when I was just getting started in game, I would read G Manifesto stuff and think it was hilarious but insane. He sounded like a crazy fictional character that could never actually exist, and what he suggested was madness.

And now that I know what I'm doing and I'm starting to see the bigger picture: everything he says starts to make sense. All those PUA rules I first learned about not buying girls drinks and ditching girls who ignored me, etc. - they helped when I had no idea what I was doing and was a total beta. But now that I've internalized what it is to be alpha - all of those rules need to be thrown out.

It's almost like we need two entirely separate worlds of discussion going on: one for betas trying to become players, and another for players trying to become pimps. The journey from beginner to intermediate is one about learning rules and technique. You need to do that so you can advance to a point where game starts to become unconscious. It's just like learning a sport.

But once you have all that stuff down, you can then understand the reason why those rules were in place and then ignore them when the reason doesn't apply. When you're progressing from intermediate to advanced game, you can realize that you shouldn't buy a girl a drink because you can't just throw some money at a girl in an attempt to supplicate and hope she becomes attracted to you. And you shouldn't buy a drink for a girl who's just tooling you for a free drink and doesn't care about you. But once you've done this a thousand times, supplicating doesn't even cross your mind and you can just feel the difference between when a girl likes you and when she doesn't. Now that you've internalized the "why", the rules just start getting in the way.

Keep up the good fight, G. I'm not sure how you do it, trying to explain advanced level game vs. the RSD-type angry keyboard jockeys, raging about alpha vs. beta - when alphas would never give a shit about that stuff. (Though we seem to have avoided it so far in this thread.) I need more of this and less posts about throwing the number of some girl who didn't respond to my text in 30 seconds into the fiery pits of hell.

There is no formula to this, its a natural flow of things you are looking for.
If you worry whether or not you should by a drink you are not in the groove.
If you're light on cash buy a bottle and find some girls to drink it with.

You know I just never understood how the word "provider" became such a beta term. How is showing the ability to provide for a woman beta? Don't confuse this with supplication. If you buy a girl a drink and make it as if its no big deal then I hate to tell you but you are giving hints that you can be a provider....and that is a good thing.

When a guy has no game he will default to playing the provider card to get women. They are unsuccessful not because they are seen as providers but because they have zero game. Its been considered a masculine trait for thousands years yet now people think it scares women away [Image: rolleyes.gif]

When I was in Estonian I got some very interesting insight on the dynamics between Estonians and Russians. Estonians act more like Scandinavians and Russians are more old school when it comes to gender roles. A Russian girl told me that all of her Estonian girlfriends prefer to date Russian guys for the simple fact that Estonian guys don't buy them drinks.

Their motivation could be suspect however there is no doubt that the simple act of buying a drink for a women will give you a higher pool of women for potential bangs.