rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Acknowledging girls

Acknowledging girls

Hey guys,

I wanted to know when should a guy acknowledge a girl who he knows but barely. Am not sure if I am overthinking things but its probably good to get this thing out of the way as I am starting into game.

Sometimes, girls I know just ignore me when I see them, eg. I am entering a lounge/kitchen and they are there. Should I give them the cold shoulder as well in that instance as well as in the future? I always wait for them to say something before responding and if they dont, I dont either.

Also, girls in the anglosphere, as we know are big drama queens. So, when they enter a communal area or leave, is it good form to join the chorus of 'Hi' or 'Bye'?

Are there any commonly agreed practices in game for this?

Thanks for the responses!

Acknowledging girls

"Hey, I'm Hazaer"

-or-

Notice something she's wearing.. "That's a charming necklace. Where did you get it?"

Girls are shallow, materialistic creatures. Don't try leading with anything intellectual or meaningful, it won't go anywhere. Stick to the stupid stuff that interests them, like their fashion

Acknowledging girls

Talking to women is your job, not the other way around.

Many guys refuse to talk to a woman they like because they want the woman to think they are just as attractive, not needy, or he wants her to think that she isn't his priority.

If you act that way, the end result is always the same.

[Image: g1391315469245424738.jpg]

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (10-26-2015 10:46 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

Many guys refuse to talk to a woman they like because they want the woman to think they are just as attractive, not needy, or he wants her to think that she isn't his priority.

I have no issue conversing to friendly girls but the problem is some chicks appear to have this sense of 'you are not worth my time' look. Attempts at conversation or even saying 'Hi' with these beings only result in uninterested, choppy replies. So, it gets frustrating when you have to bump into them every so often.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (10-27-2015 06:22 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

I have no issue conversing to friendly girls but the problem is some chicks appear to have this sense of 'you are not worth my time' look. Attempts at conversation or even saying 'Hi' with these beings only result in uninterested, choppy replies. So, it gets frustrating when you have to bump into them every so often.

This is the culture of North American/Western women. I've been in Colombia for over a month now and can say without a doubt that's not the case here. I know exactly what look you're talking about: "What do you want from me you peasant?"

Just keep being friendly. No, you won't get the friendly reply back from every girl but that's alright.

Acknowledging girls

Yeah man like the old saying goes on this forum "all women are children" or some shit like that.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Acknowledging girls

Hey guys, I was wondering if smiling, even in moderate amount when greeting a girl who we are already acquainted with amount to beta behaviour or liable to get one friend-zoned?

Instead, should we treat them like our male friends we see every day, ie. acknowledging with just a head nod or a very brief 'Hey'?

I have experienced that most of the time, a cheerful greeting leads to a reduced attraction on her part in subsequent greetings.

Feel free to share your opinions and experiences.

Acknowledging girls

I stick to the "hey" with a lightly smirk, I don't remember every girls name, most of the time they hug or something and if a convo starts going on there I keep it short, finishing with a "text me later " type of thing. Not sure if it's the right move but yeah.

Acknowledging girls

[Image: catlady.gif]
Quote: (10-27-2015 10:14 AM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

This is the culture of North American/Western women. I've been in Colombia for over a month now and can say without a doubt that's not the case here. I know exactly what look you're talking about: "What do you want from me you peasant?"

Just keep being friendly. No, you won't get the friendly reply back from every girl but that's alright.

I agree there's a widespread cuntiness and behavior that reeks of entitlement. Don't take it personally. Girls are moody. Many are bitchy. Every once in a while you run into a girl who is somewhat nice.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Acknowledging girls

I say focus and be honest with your intentions. I think overthinking comes from not knowing where to direct your mental energies. If you want to talk to her, just do it. Say hey and whatever comes to your mind. Or you can bullshit or spit game. Doesn't matter, as long as you have something to accomplish with it and you do it smoothly, you're fine. And who knows, one of them might even like you for it.

Carpe Noctem

You'll know the truth by how it feels.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (01-05-2016 10:14 AM)Mr.Brown Wrote:  

I stick to the "hey" with a lightly smirk, I don't remember every girls name, most of the time they hug or something and if a convo starts going on there I keep it short, finishing with a "text me later " type of thing. Not sure if it's the right move but yeah.

What is the context for the 'text me later' line? I would have thought that sounds a tad needy if you end with that to every time.

Acknowledging girls

Quote:Quote:

Notice something she's wearing.. "That's a charming necklace. Where did you get it?"

Girls are shallow, materialistic creatures. Don't try leading with anything intellectual or meaningful, it won't go anywhere. Stick to the stupid stuff that interests them, like their fashion

+100

This is my preferred method. Brutal on warm approaches, quite effective opener on cold approaches.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (01-06-2016 07:31 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2016 10:14 AM)Mr.Brown Wrote:  

What is the context for the 'text me later' line? I would have thought that sounds a tad needy if you end with that to every time.

Sure. It's a type of line I been experimenting with, for about 2 months, on girls who have flaked or cancelled dates enough times. If the hamster runs I wanna see if eventually they restart text, only has happened twice and didn't go further; maybe it is needy.

Acknowledging girls

It's already been said so maybe I'm reiterating.

As a newbie to game and/or low confidence, it's easy to think that people, especially girls, are ignoring you.

However, let me tell you that this is bullshit. They absolutely notice you. However, they are noticing your frame. Being aloof is different from being fearful. Newbies mistake the two and falsely believe that ignoring her will show aloofness. IT DOESN'T.

As a newbie, rather, it's better to engage in a conversation and risk being blown out. Otherwise, you're blowing yourself out.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (01-06-2016 11:08 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

It's already been said so maybe I'm reiterating.

As a newbie to game and/or low confidence, it's easy to think that people, especially girls, are ignoring you.

However, let me tell you that this is bullshit. They absolutely notice you. However, they are noticing your frame. Being aloof is different from being fearful. Newbies mistake the two and falsely believe that ignoring her will show aloofness. IT DOESN'T.

As a newbie, rather, it's better to engage in a conversation and risk being blown out. Otherwise, you're blowing yourself out.

Good Point. Can you explain the difference between the 'fear' and 'aloofness' in guys? How does one show the aloofness without displaying fear in the presence of a girl?

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (01-05-2016 08:36 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Hey guys, I was wondering if smiling, even in moderate amount when greeting a girl who we are already acquainted with amount to beta behaviour or liable to get one friend-zoned?

Instead, should we treat them like our male friends we see every day, ie. acknowledging with just a head nod or a very brief 'Hey'?

I have experienced that most of the time, a cheerful greeting leads to a reduced attraction on her part in subsequent greetings.

Feel free to share your opinions and experiences.

The attitude you're striving for is "You know I would really like to fuck your brains out sometime soon, but I really really don't care if I never get to"

Convey that successfully and you'll see how differently the random peripheral chicks respond to you

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Acknowledging girls

An opportunity to revive the thread.. A girl you know waves at you from afar. Is it a strong gesture to wave back? Some have advised against hand waving as it seems more effeminate.

What would you do in such a situation?

Acknowledging girls

Welcome to the Anglosphere, where the demeanour you describe is almost the default setting of young women today, with a few notable exceptions. But I'd see it as just another, albeit non-verbal, shit test that you have to deal with.

My advice would be to mentally discount it (yes, I know, easier said than done) and plough on regardless by opening a girl that you're interested in. I wouldn't go 100% aloof, since you can't expect the girl to make the first move and throw in a conversational opening gambit, but I would make sure that when you do talk to her you don't project any neediness, e.g., through asking too many questions about her. Keep the conversation upbeat and don't hang around her for too long - even if you don't have to dash off anywhere quickly, at least convey the impression that you're a man with things to do and the girl in question is just one of the things that occupy your attention. Finally, don't wait too long to ask her if she would like to get together some time, but suggest it boldly, by saying, "Hey, we should grab a coffee sometime when we're both free", since this establishes a more assertive, confident vibe.

Good luck!

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:47 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Hey guys,

I wanted to know when should a guy acknowledge a girl who he knows but barely. Am not sure if I am overthinking things but its probably good to get this thing out of the way as I am starting into game.

Sometimes, girls I know just ignore me when I see them, eg. I am entering a lounge/kitchen and they are there. Should I give them the cold shoulder as well in that instance as well as in the future? I always wait for them to say something before responding and if they dont, I dont either.

Also, girls in the anglosphere, as we know are big drama queens. So, when they enter a communal area or leave, is it good form to join the chorus of 'Hi' or 'Bye'?

Are there any commonly agreed practices in game for this?

Thanks for the responses!

This is the anti-approach. If I feel a woman is ignoring me I make a point of speaking to her and making eye contact. It's good to get into the regular practice of doing this, it makes breaking the "ice" easier and more automatic on your part.

Acknowledging girls

I agree with the anti-approach at first, if she still acts like a bitch or ignores you after you have said helllo in passing or had a conversation, then fuck her and look over her when you see her like she doesn't exist to you anymore.

I work at a large company with alot of older and younger women as well, Older women can be just as bitchy but the young ones, some of them have taken it to an extreme in being a bitch, because just because I may smile and say hi if I see you, it doesn't mean I want to fuck her ( well maybe) but the point is she doesn't know that as you are just being friendly and acknowledging people in a workplace setting is common courtesy if you see them on a regular basis. It kinda sucks having to make an effort to ignore people when a simple ' what's up and how's it going" is not that big of a deal.

Also keep in mind, women can be dealing with issues and it affects their attitude towards men in general.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (02-26-2016 07:31 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

A girl you know waves at you from afar. Is it a strong gesture to wave back? Some have advised against hand waving as it seems more effeminate.

Bump

Acknowledging girls

Short motion to acknowledge their existence. I do a small salute with two fingers. Then I talk to them business as usual when I have time. If I have a bit of extra time and feel like flirting for a short 5 seconds I run my hand through their hair and down their back for the hug then quickly leave saying bye.

For the latter it depends if I've already got their number and see them for a passing moment. Or we're banging and I'm busy.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Acknowledging girls

While I do think it is important to take into account the body language of a woman before approaching, I have to admit that I frequently misjudge a woman's
openness to speak with a stranger based on that alone. We all know about the resting bitch face. Some girls that I've approached have looked like high-maintenance cunts when in reality (after chatting for a few minutes), they were actually quite warm (albeit caught off-guard at first that a stranger is engaging them) and receptive that a masculine man took a risk of approaching them. Bottom line, as Linux alluded to, you just don't know and can't predict the outcome of any interaction with absolute certainty unless you make a move and find out for yourself.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Acknowledging girls

Quote: (02-26-2016 07:31 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

A girl you know waves at you from afar. Is it a strong gesture to wave back? Some have advised against hand waving as it seems more effeminate.

I would certainly respond to a wave from a distance, as she is acknowledging "Hey, we know each other" rather than just meeting the very basics of ettiquette. There are heaps of girls I know that would not bother to say "Hi" unless I did first, or if it was in a situation where it would feel *awkward* to them if nobody said anything, such as meeting at a doorway or if they needed to ask me something. If someone waves when it is not strictly necessary, then it's basically expected that next time you are in close proximity a conversation will occur, not just a simple "Hey" or "Hi".

A wave need not be effeminate, surely you have seen men wave to each other. Maybe sometimes a nod, wink, thumbs up or devil horns is appropriate depending on the circumstances.
Imagine you have just walked into a bar, dead sober. A dude you know is at the far end of the bar blind drunk. He spots you.
"HAZZZAAAAAAAER!!!!" He shouts with his fist in the air.
Heads turn, and all eyes along the bar fall onto you.
Think of the modest but friendly gesture you would return. Like that.

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

Acknowledging girls

There is this girl in my uni social group. She is pretty outgoing with guys and is known to be easy as well. One particular night, we kind of had some pre drinking before going out. I was focussed on some thing at the far end of the room and she was seated below my eye level at the couch having some drinks. I missed her waving at me and didnt directly respond to her immediately. Ever since, she has been acting pretty cold towards me. Think it might be because I ignored her at first although I did talk to her much later as we were heading out.

Now, I think she is ignoring me these days whenever we are hanging out. I havent re-initiated contact with her after that. What should I do now to keep the frame and not act desperate?
I definitely dont have any feelings or stuff like that with her. I am just curious to know what is the best thing to do and why she is behaving this way. This experience will definitely help me in my interaction with other girls because these kind of things with small variations has happened to me in the past.

Thanks for the comments guys.