rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to group together the 'best of' photos?

Hi All,

I have a large number of photos, but only a small subset is presentable, due to several reasons. Basically I dump all the photos off my phone from time to time, and group them into normal windows folders generally by country, city, year etc.

What I want to do is to somehow easily make a viewable gallery of all the best presentable photos to show people, without copying any files, and nothing more than that.

Any ideas? Cheers

Edit: nothing in anyway connected to "online" is preferred, it just has to be some form of selectable gallery

just a powerpoint presentation which contains the best pictures of each trip.

Adobe Lightroom does that. It's a great tool to organize photos and a very powerful editing software aswell. Highly recommend it.

Lightroom is paid software though (and it seems to have that new irritating "pay per month" pricing everyone is starting to do).
It looks good, but I only need something simple.
The powerpoint option seems rather clumsy, as you are embedding the photos in rather than just 'selectively showing' photos.
Basically I want the equivalent of a "playlist" for songs (where it only plays the ones you select from a folder), but for photo showing or browsing.

I've using a free image viewing program called IfranView. I use it just to view and minimally edit pics, but you can also create a slideshow from just drag and dropping your needed pics. Then you can save that slideshow in an .exe file. So you'll basically have just an .exe file in the folder and if you want to show people quickly this slideshow, you execute it and the program plays your pre-programmed slideshow. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

Have you tried the new Google Photos? It has features that meet your needs and you can see the albums or stories you create from any device. You can also sync the photos to any device so you don't need a connection. I don't see the point of removing them from your phone.

I like it and it's the closest app I've seen to solving the photo issue without having to use FB. If you're opposed to using any app that uses cloud storage it's either Windows media or a paid app like Lightroom, but I don't think anyone is going to make anything as good as Google photos as a free desktop app.

^ Yeah I just don't feel comfortable with putting all my stuff into google. They give me the creeps.