rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What’s Your View on Racial Humour?

I went to the Oddball Comedy festival yesterday and the host Big Jay Oakersen made a lot of black dick jokes. He was pretty terrible overall. He even said to the crowd, "You were supposed to laugh at that" on a few occasions.

Donnell Rawlings said a few racist things about Africans, Indians and Asians. Some of the stuff he said about Indians is similar to the clip of him here:

I like non-PC jokes if they have some basis in reality, but black dick and Indian accent jokes got old a long time ago in my opinion.

How do you guys feel about non-PC jokes? I think there’s a massive double standard in comedy, black comedians can talk shit all day about other races, but a white comedian is not allowed to say that.

Victim race protection agency backing?

Yes: don't make degrading jokes about them

No: fire at will

Risqué comedy is at the mercy of PC wills at the moment.

[Image: Abandon-Thread.gif]

[Image: itsatrap.jpg]

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Equal racial jokes for all.

Thankfully I have a group of friends who are diverse and come from different backgrounds.

So we bounce racial jokes off each other even if some take a dig at ourselves.

Just another form of what should be ball busting between friends.

As long as it's funny who cares? I love a good Pollock joke.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

[Image: minefield1.jpg]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (10-12-2015 04:43 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

What's so funny about Pollock?

[Image: float-fishing-for-pollock.jpg]

You can make fun of your race as long as you're that race is the rule it seems.

But I notice everyone just takes shots at whitey.

Hence Eddie Griffin

I'm for them

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

It's like any other kind of humor, if the joke is funny, it's funny - but you also have to be somewhat relevant. Def Comedy Jam was great in the early 90s and made a TON of racial humor, but few of the jokes hold up.

I do hate that there are so many protected classes today. Remember how Eddie Murphy did 15 minutes of fag jokes? You won't see that anymore.

Quote: (10-12-2015 06:36 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2015 04:43 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

What's so funny about Pollock?

[Image: float-fishing-for-pollock.jpg]

Is that a Pollock catching a pollock?

Mind=blown

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Imagine a world where we didn't have people telling us to think about race every day. All day.

[Image: lighter_at_concert.jpg]

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (10-12-2015 06:59 PM)getdownonit Wrote:  

I'm for them

I think the best comedian white impersonator has got to be George Lopez.

I also liked how he would have white guys play as Mexican thugs in his show.

I still remember this and it had me laughing.

I have been doing standup for many years (much less now - dream crushed by career, wife, children).

I was in LA doing the circuit and I had a few black jokes in my bag - funny jokes, smart and clever (certainly not insulting). I had been telling them for at least a year and they almost always got a great response.

After my set, a black dude came up to me and said "you can't tell those jokes man, that's racist." He was serious.

I said "say what? If you can't tell the difference between a racist comment and a joke, you are in the WRONG place". And I walked away.

That black dude was a comic, named Paul Mooney (I had no idea who he was at the time).

SWPL jokes would be very easy to come up with

Something like "Was at the farmers market a few days ago, one guy nearly cried because the kale wasn't as fresh this week as the previous week"

I saw Dave Chappelle awhile back.

Was so off color, you'd think it was Daniel Tosh. Couldnt stop laughing

People need to get thicker skin and unclench their tight sphincter muscles about racism and all other -isms. I'm of the persuasion that anything goes, who cares if it's racist or not. Some things just need to be said and pointed out, it might not even be a strictly funny joke. George Lopez can be funny but he's also a constant agitator for his La Raza eses, just at Katt Williams is hood trash. I have no problems laughing at their routines, I do have some self-humour, but after the show one needs to tell them to get their hood ass outs of here

[Image: 738.gif]

Quote: (10-13-2015 03:05 AM)NO_LIMIT_CRACKA Wrote:  

People need to get thicker skin and unclench their tight sphincter muscles about racism and all other -isms. I'm of the persuasion that anything goes, who cares if it's racist or not. Some things just need to be said and pointed out, it might not even be a strictly funny joke. George Lopez can be funny but he's also a constant agitator for his La Raza eses, just at Katt Williams is hood trash. I have no problems laughing at their routines, I do have some self-humour, but after the show one needs to tell them to get their hood ass outs of here

True. I like George Lopez, but he loses me when he says things like this,

Zero fucks given.

Don't debate me.

I think the biggest factor is intent. If something is intended to be funny, and is in fact funny, then that should be the end of it.

Whatever colour you are, you are in control of how you choose to react to something someone says. If you choose to throw a tantrum over something that has been said without intent to cause offense, then the issue is not the statement, it is the lack of introspection. There is a difference between being deliberately offensive to an individual, which is a direct act of aggression, and saying things about a general class of people and not caring if some choose to take offense. The whole idea of getting offended on behalf of 'all black people', or 'all white people', is so stupid as to almost defy belief.

Humour can also be an extremely effective way of getting people to be more introspective, either individually or as a group. Generally the ones who choose to take offense are the ones who lack self-awareness, or who are being forced to face an uncomfortable truth that they have denied to themselves repeatedly.

I opened this thread just to see the abandon thread GIFS.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Many a true thing is said in jest.

Many don't like the truth.

Quote: (10-13-2015 05:31 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Many a true thing is said in jest.

Many don't like the truth.

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise, they'll kill you."

-Oscar Wilde

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.