rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guadalajara, Jalisco weekend trip Datasheet

Based on some recommendations I decided to visit Guadalajara city (GDL) in Mexico. I never thought to go there but after visiting Puerto Vallarta and meeting cute girls from GDL I decided to see for myself. I also noticed there is little detail about the city on this forum.

First thing is that I pipelined from Badoo which got me a few phone numbers to chat on whatsapp. There's a really high amount of attractive girls on that site if you search for Guadalajara. Rather amazing compared to other cities on Badoo. GDL is known to be a college town so that's possibly why there are so many hot women. I read that Zapopan is the place to be but for my first weekend Av Chapultepec was great.

My trip was Friday until Monday thus I spent all day out as well as Fri/Sat night. I stayed by Avenida Chapultepec which has many bars, restaurants, and a few clubs. It is near downtown but not exactly the city center. Public transportation is okay, because they have many buses but no metro. You can also use Uber. As I arrived at the airport, I befriended a local and we shared a ride downtown. A taxi should cost you $250 pesos but Uber was $175 and it took 30 minutes. At the time of this writing $1USD = $16 pesos which meant low prices.

For example in pesos:
Coffee $24
Burger with fries at an irish pub $80
Beer $34
Taco $15
Good Mexican dinner $89
Seafood dinner $120

CITY DETAILS
Avenida Chapultepec spans several blocks north/south with at this time have Festivals of October. Most of the foot traffic happens between Vidrio (cross street) and Calle Justo Sierra. Stunning girls all around dressed in skirts. There were many cafes including one starbucks and clubs open until 2am. Spanish is highly recommended but there is a fair amount of locals that speak English.

Chicken wings are very popular here that several bars feature them. Micheladas are also popular here which are 1 liter drinks with beer, lemon, and salt, but also available in different flavors. The classic has hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, gross!

I did the bus tour "Tapitio" and it was worth it mainly because it included a free Tequila distellry tour, you pay $50 if you want to do the tequila tasting.

NIGHTLIFE
Chacal - 106 bernardo De Balbuena
So the most popular place I ran in to which had a line from 10pm onwards was Chacal. This had top dance music mainly in Spanish. It is mostly an outdoor area with a cleverly designed roof to prevent rain. This crowd was literaly the most crowded club I've been to (not including concerts) that people would just dance in place and bottles were dropping to the floor everywhere. It wasn't until 1am that I was able to walk grab a few girls for a dance. Before hand I just chilled with a group of peopel I met in line. They invited me for drinks so I didn't have to pay, even though I offered.

There was another club adjacent to it but I didn't have time to investigate. This block also has a dude making fresh pizza in a stone oven in the shape of a giant snail. $2 slices were excellent.

Vegabunda - Chapultepec x Justa Sierra
This place seemed new or (re-named) but I'm not sure. Located at the intersection Av Chupaltepec and Justa Sierra I believe. It failry spaceous and spread out but rather a small dance floor. This place had dance music but mostly reggaeton. What shocked me the most was the price, $50 pesos for women and $150 for men which included "all-you-can" drink! I've never seen such a deal even if men have to pay more than girls, that's less than 10 bucks.
I danced here on Friday night and quickly hooked a short girl for some booty grinding.

Bariachi
I was recommended this place when trying to pick up girls in the day time but didn't actually go.

Guajarita
Cuban restaurant and club. I forgot the address but it's along Chapultepec and you can't miss it. It has two vintage cars mounted as decoration. I heard the salsa dancing is good here.
----------------

That's the main places were I hanged out due to only being three days. Friday and Saturday nights were crowded at Av Chapultepec with plenty of options. Sunday night died out quickly and I think it's because there was a parade in the day time. Also there was constant police patrolling Sunday night. It seemed all safe with people going about their own business but I've never seen so much street enforcement. Police every 2-3 blocks so I guess it was pretty safe.

I ran into a famous restaurant called "Boca de Cielo" which has all kinds of tacos including seafood which is why I think they are famous. I tried marlin fish tacos and even mantay ray tacos. The waitresses there are also very attractive.

If you want to go, October is a great time due to a month of festivals. Also consider arriving at the GDL airport early because mornings are very busy with many outbound flights.

Here are some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/qExrD

[Image: c83QWnl]
[Image: pq7ox4y]
[Image: DnSfg4S]
[Image: oKQ3CY5]
[Image: 1wc5uer]
[Image: VDxXKbT]

Nice info. I'm hoping to be in GDL in December. I will be using this as a guide. Thanks.

Nice datasheet. Yes Chacal is a cool place to go. I always had a good time there. The bar across from Chacal is Red pub, which I didn't think was that great the one time I went. Maybe I went on an off night. I'm looking to go to GDL towards the end of November, and then hit the PDC after xmas.

I don't mean to be nitpicking here, but when people google some of the names O.P. posted they will likely either get confused or not find anything. El Vagabundo is the name of the place that O.P. called "Vegabunda." The word "guajarita" doesn't exist as far as I know and the word is actually "guajirita." Further, the Cuban venue with the two antique cars outside of it is called El Callejon de los Rumberos. I think that is what O.P. is referring to. I have been there and have posted about it and if you like salsa and merengue, it is probably your best bet in Guadalajara, actually one of your best bets in all of Mexico.

Quote: (10-12-2015 02:38 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

El Vagabundo is the name of the place that O.P. called "Vegabunda." The word "guajarita" doesn't exist as far as I know and the word is actually "guajirita." Further, the Cuban venue with the two antique cars outside of it is called El Callejon de los Rumberos. I think that is what O.P. is referring to. I have been there and have posted about it and if you like salsa and merengue, it is probably your best bet in Guadalajara, actually one of your best bets in all of Mexico.
Thanks for the clarification Merenguero. Why would you gogle the places anyway? If you plan to visit, then ask the locals for directions. They are friendly, besides I included photos of the places linked to imgur. Some bars didn't even have obvious signs with their names.
The Cuban place is correctly called El Callejon de los Rumberos, but for the short time I was there, I mainly noticed "Guajirita". The address is: Av. Chapultepec Sur 287 (intersecting Ledro de Tejada)

^^^
I would Google the names because a) Guadalajara is a very confusing city and you can never have too good of an idea where a place is located and b) a lot of locals (I'm not singling out Guadalajara. I mean locals of any city) either don't know their own city or pretend not to know. Just saying the name of a place does not mean you will get there.

Incorrect that there is no metro, there are two lines and a decicated bus like the transmilenio in bogota. You were probably in Zapopan and never saw them.

And dude where did you eat. 8 pesos for tacos amigo.

Quote: (10-14-2015 01:23 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Where does it say tacos for 8 pesos? I wrote $15 pesos and they were small

Quote: (11-22-2015 05:56 AM)Freedom Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2015 01:23 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Where does it say tacos for 8 pesos? I wrote $15 pesos and they were small

Yea i know, thats a lot for a taco in Mexico. I all about saving money on vacation outside of my own apartment and massive amounts of alcohol.

So your saying the Avenue is better than staying Zapopan? Is this because it's easier to get chicks back to your place or being close is more advantageous?

Anyone going to be in GDL in January? I'll be there starting on 1/07/19, booked for a week for now but might extend if it's good. PM me if you are there.