rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Peacocking

Peacocking

I overheard an interesting conversation in my school's computer lab yesterday that I thought I'd share here:

Basically, this girl had a friend from California come visit her here in London for the weekend. Before they went out one night, they went to a toy store to browse around, and the friend (a guy) bought a hand puppet of a seal.

She said that, on the way to the bar, the guy was telling her that women would come up to him all night if he had the seal on his hand and initiate conversations. She said she didn't believe him at first, but that this is exactly what happened. She said that she even put the puppet on her hand in the club and had the exact same thing happen to her with men.

This isn't hard to believe from my standpoint, but because this guy was peacocking with a toy doll and not, say, a fedora or a boa or a fishnet shirt, it seems a little more interesting than normal peacocking. A toy is way out of place in a bar environment; a crazy shirt or hat may sit at the extremes of what people are wearing in a bar, but a toy is on a completely different scale.

It's an interesting thing to consider. I think it goes without saying that women want to be approached; they want to talk to men when they go out; they want to have interesting conversations with interesting people. No one would dispute that. But it's interesting to see how very little it takes to sidestep that "I'm a sleazy guy trying to pick you up" profile. I mean, it must have been as clear as day that this guy was wearing a puppet to pick up women, but for whatever reason, it dismantled that red flag mechanism in the girls in that bar. Food for thought.

Peacocking

hell...I'm doing it.

Where is my closest toy store?

cool idea.

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"

Peacocking

In DC the peacocking prop of choice for both sexes is huge hunters caps made of real fur.

Peacocking

My peacock method is usually a t-shirt with a quote/picture, a watch, Rockstar belt, bracelet,sumthing definitely dealing with accessories.

But damn a toy puppet!?! I'm impressed...hahaha.

Peacocking

Quote: (01-27-2009 06:15 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

In DC the peacocking prop of choice for both sexes is huge hunters caps made of real fur.

I want to think that I started that trend... I was in the Chesapeake Bay area a few years ago and as I Canadian I felt like paying up my Canadian-ness. So, I wore my fur winter hunting cap (a necessity and nowhere near a fashion statement in Quebec) when I went out drinking, my stupid t-shirt that said "Canadian Beer Drinking Team" and drank Molson Canadian all night. Come to think of it, I was a designated douche bag, but the hat was a real hit and I banged some slutty American blonde, and then went to Taco Bell wit some Marines. It was a cross cultural experience for the ages.

Peacocking

I get the concept of peacocking and I agree that it works but I think there is a time and a place for it.

I have a few friends that are on the verge of 40 and they dress in this peacocking style all the time.
I'm talking about things like bleached out hair, facial piercings, oversized watches, obnoxious color combinations
of clothing. It drives me crazy.

They're great guys to hang out with and I don't want to preach to them but I think it's holding them back in life.
One is a cook in a restaurant and one is a mechanic. They both want to make more money and move up in life
but then they do things like get the back of their hands tattooed. No one will take them seriously enough to give
them management roles and they're not serious enough to do their own business.

It's one thing to dress up a little and peacock when you hit the clubs but they dress like clowns 24/7.

Here's a funny article that I found: A Field Guide to the American Male Peacock

Team Nachos

Peacocking

I just flop my cock out, that gets lots of attention..lol [Image: banana.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgMH5FCC6_g

Around 2.50s gets interesting...[Image: confused.gif]

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Peacocking

My buddy just read The Game and is walking around with a sequined fedora now.

Of course I talked shit to him but as usual he paid me no mind.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Peacocking

cue Mystery's pic!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Peacocking

Mystery had the whole peacocking concept down pat. Just look at one of his pic. Sure it works BUT the women aren't approaching you because they are interested in you they are just interested in being entertained, especially American women. So sure, if you want to be an entertainer and have the right personality AND can then convert go ahead and peacock away. You can also pretend to be very gay and girls will be all over you and even invite you to their pajamas parties [Image: smile.gif] Personally, for the kind of women I go after, it won't work.

Photo: Mystery and Style

Peacocking

Quote: (02-15-2013 06:21 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Mystery had the whole peacocking concept down pat. Just look at one of his pic. Sure it works BUT the women aren't approaching you because they are interested in you they are just interested in being entertained, especially American women. So sure, if you want to be an entertainer and have the right personality AND can then convert go ahead and peacock away. You can also pretend to be very gay and girls will be all over you and even invite you to their pajamas parties [Image: smile.gif] Personally, for the kind of women I go after, it won't work.

[Image: attachment.jpg10060]

I would throw $100 down that no one that is in that picture ever swooped a girl.

There is just no way.

Peacocking

You would lose G. Those two guys swooped a lot of girls and are some of the founding fathers of modern game.

Peacocking

Quote: (02-15-2013 06:45 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

You would lose G. Those two guys swooped a lot of girls and are some of the founding fathers of modern game.

They certainly spent the 90's celibate.

The whole "founding fathers of modern game" thing is BS.

Maybe game with a lower case "g".

Guys their age with Real Game were taxing girls since their teens.

Peacocking

What is up with Mystery's eyes in that picture? Was he tanning with glasses on or is that make up? It just looks so weird.

Peacocking

I'm sure Mystery could get away with a look like that in Vegas, which is where he had a lot of SNLs. Given his imposing stature, what he's doing is lot like the rock star peacocking of the 80s. These kinda guys were pulling mad ass off the sunset strip and they look every bit as outlandish as Mystery:

[Image: funny_glam_rock_bands_11.jpg]

There's a niche for that sort of thing, though any girl that would be into that is far from my market. I kind of like the idea of having some kind of prop. It's the same reason why it's so easy to talk to people on Halloween. You have an easy catalyst to start a conversation with anyone. I just don't have any idea what I would use that wouldn't look like some goofy RSD bullshit.

Peacocking

Quote: (02-16-2013 03:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'm sure Mystery could get away with a look like that in Vegas, which is where he had a lot of SNLs. Given his imposing stature, what he's doing is lot like the rock star peacocking of the 80s. These kinda guys were pulling mad ass off the sunset strip and they look every bit as outlandish as Mystery:

[Image: funny_glam_rock_bands_11.jpg]

There's a niche for that sort of thing, though any girl that would be into that is far from my market. I kind of like the idea of having some kind of prop. It's the same reason why it's so easy to talk to people on Halloween. You have an easy catalyst to start a conversation with anyone. I just don't have any idea what I would use that wouldn't look like some goofy RSD bullshit.

Difference with Mötley Crüe being, they were some of the most well known rock stars on the planet. They could have walked into a club wearing a jock strap and gotten laid 3 times before they left. Although, as far as I know, Mick Mars never really had that much interest in pussy, and the rest were absolutely slaying it by the time they were about 16 anyway. Compare that to mystery and style, who were random nobodies that didn't get any pussy until they were adults. Which coincides with what G said anyway

Peacocking

I'm with G on this one. I wouldn't be seen dead wearing that peacocking fanny shit. I find that women respond to well fitted clothes, quality cloths and nice shoes. Chicks defo notice good shoes on a man.

Peacocking

Guys are bing hard on Mystery. It's like we look at a model T and think its a POS compared to a modern car, but he kind of started it all and formalized everything. Also, I think a close reading of MM would reveal that he did not think you HAD to be like this, but it was one idea if you had a lot of trouble creating interest on your own.

Peacocking

I have read Mystery book and regardless of what you guys may think of his peacocking theory, 1. it really works and 2. He did a lot of R&D that is still valid today.

Peacocking

Mystery has definitely gotten laid I can vouch for that. I spent some time (about 2 months) gaming with him and Matador a few years ago.

The funny part was he'd be doing his magic tricks and shit and I would just approach a girl and take her home haha. I never went for the peacocking just suited up looking GQ.

His style worked for LA because girls will just assume you are a celeb/rockstar etc, BUT I don't see his style as being universal.

Another thing is that not to knock him but the girls I saw him pull were MAYBE 7's. I was surprised at the lack of quality in the girls he swooped.

Peacocking

Well, once you move above a 7 you have three factors providing significant downward pressure:

1. There just aren't that many 8+ girls around in any given location at any point in time to begin with.
2. 8+ girls more often than not tend to be in relationships or married.
3. The competition for them increases dramatically.

This is where I play and it's very rare for me to meet a girl that's single.

Anytime I have a met a guy pulling a lot of girls most of them are 7s and below. They have to be just from
the math: standard deviation. 70% of the women are going to be in the 4 - 7 range.

Peacocking

Quote: (02-15-2013 06:43 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

[Image: attachment.jpg10060]

I would throw $100 down that no one that is in that picture ever swooped a girl.

There is just no way.

that's Neil "Style" Strauss to the left of Mystery

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDiZ2GPWKEqw4dMSl0knP...ZuJkRFnG1Q]

he's one the guys who brought Game down from Mount Olympus

Peacocking

Quote: (02-16-2013 03:36 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Well, once you move above a 7 you have three factors providing significant downward pressure:

1. There just aren't that many 8+ girls around in any given location at any point in time to begin with.
2. 8+ girls more often than not tend to be in relationships or married.
3. The competition for them increases dramatically.

This is where I play and it's very rare for me to meet a girl that's single.

Anytime I have a met a guy pulling a lot of girls most of them are 7s and below. They have to be just from
the math: standard deviation. 70% of the women are going to be in the 4 - 7 range.

Fair points but LA is chock full of 8's and 9's. No excuses when he considered himself the best.

Peacocking

All of my girlfriends where in the 8+ range and they were always granted an exceptional amount of freedom. I was always curious if they would fall for a "player" type guy but to best of my knowledge none of them ever did. When they did step out on me it was always for security and job related gains. Even the girls I have "dated" (some kind of relationship) don't seem to fall for these guys and I usually have fairly good knowledge about their exes.

Now, for me an 8+ girl is more than just look. She's usually fairly intelligent and educated, middle class or upper class background, no major personality disorders etc.

Peacocking

Quote: (02-16-2013 05:28 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

All of my girlfriends where in the 8+ range and they were always granted an exceptional amount of freedom. I was always curious if they would fall for a "player" type guy but to best of my knowledge none of them ever did. When they did step out on me it was always for security and job related gains. Even the girls I have "dated" (some kind of relationship) don't seem to fall for these guys and I usually have fairly good knowledge about their exes.

Now, for me an 8+ girl is more than just look. She's usually fairly intelligent and educated, middle class or upper class background, no major personality disorders etc.

Interesting, yes I've noticed that the better looking the girl the more she'll actually stay faithful. Could be she knows her power but doesn't feel the need to utilize it for validation. If you got hit on 100x a day you would KNOW you're hot and maybe not act on every opportunity.