rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Salvador Snapshot

San Salvador Snapshot

Como estas mi amigos? I'm in San Salvador right now and wanted to start a thread on the city in real time. Unfortunately the trip was cut short to four days so I don't think I'll gather enough data for a full trip report. However, if anyone has any questions let me know pronto and I'll track down the answer for you while I'm on ground.

I arrived last night delayed, of course w/ my bags still in Miami. The ride to the hotel was nerve wracking b/c the A driver told his amigo I was a commando in Spanish. Had we pulled off the road somewhere in the shigi I would have bailed hard.

I checked into the hotel and grabbed a cab to Zona Rosa, which is the main party district. My first mistake was asking the front desk for a recommendation on discotheques. The place I chose was right across the street from the Hilton, and was seedy. Definitely not a gringo visited bar. The ratio sucked but I was too tired to change venues so decided to stick it out.

Here is where it gets interesting. About 1 a.m. two strippers came in for a show. WTF? The girls in the crowd were just as interested in watching. Maybe they were advertising for a strip club but it certainly upped the sexual tension. I ain't never seen shit like that, at least not in a "normal" club. The girls sitting next to me tried to hook me up w/ her friend but she already had a boyfriend. The club starting winding down and I bailed at 2 a.m. to get some rest for daygame.

This morning I walked across the street for a cup of joe. The cute girls working the counter couldn't stop staring and smiling. One even wrote my name on the coffee cup. Well, that's it so far. When my clothes arrive at lunch it's on like donkey kong.

So far I've found the girls to be very attractive. Big booties and boobs. Mixx nailed it concerning the some of the chicas having green eyes, lighter colored hair, and lighter complexions.

San Salvador Snapshot

Ayyy.... qué bueno! Recuerda que dices: "como están, mis amigos"!

The indigenous population of El Salvador was severely repressed by the ruling class - as such, not too many Mayans, like Guatemala. This means more Mestizos, Europeans, and also, hotter girls (not PC to say, but then again, what is in here).

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experiences in La Libertad - the town is supposed to be crap, but Tunco, Sunzal and Zonte are all supposed to be great spots - albeit full of dead-beat surfer dudes (surfer girls are all right, though).

There is also Lake Suchitoto, the weekend market at Suchitoto (highly recommended) and then Santa Ana, where they have a large Gothic catherdral and some impressive Mayan ruins close by - El Salvador's own version of Pompeii.

Finally, there is "Ruta de las Flores".

All of this, of course, could lower your chances of getting local diddle, but increase chances of scoring with the hoardes of back-packers that come through. I'll be interested to hear the rest!

San Salvador Snapshot

Thanks for the tips Paideia. Unfortunately I won't have time to get out of San Salvador this trip. Now I know why gringos don't frequent this place too much....There is almost no English spoken here. This is a good thing though. Well, it will be when I get my Spanish up to speed. I'm barely making it w/ what little I know. Here are a few more observations from today:

1. The women are hot. I said this already but DAMN! It rates another mention. I saw two local girls today that I thought were Caucasian. Crazy.

2. Taxis are expensive I suspect due to high fuel costs.

3. Papusas. I could live off these, and their cheap.

4. I get stared at HARD! Do you guys experience this in other parts of CA/CS?

With the quality of girl and it being off the beaten path I'm really surprised there isn't more noise from the forum on San Salvador. This is my first trip South though. Maybe everywhere is better?

San Salvador Snapshot

LOL...nice!! Amigo. Salvadoran women are definitely wife material if I were to ever "marry" a latina woman. You will definitely get eye-fucked everywhere you go if you are a blond, white gringo.....kind of like I get eye-fucked as a tan-skin latino in North Dakota or South Dakota by the "gringas" as I am typing this at a local coffee shop. [Image: smile.gif]

Do not be afraid to be forward and sexually direct with these girls. Many local girls will kill, and walk over a dead body for a chance to fuck you and have you as a boyfriend for the week.

looking forward to some pics and report.

Mixx

San Salvador Snapshot

Man i after reading this I think San Salvador will be my nxt destination in Central America.

How is the safety situation there? I wonder how it compares to places like San Jose, and Colombian cities.

Hot chicks & hardly any gringos = my steez

You hit up any chicks on CouchSurfing or any online sites?

What is the club scene like?

San Salvador Snapshot

U know wat, fuck it. I might just go in July or August before I depart for Korea!

San Salvador Snapshot

@Mixx- Thanks bro. These truly are some genuine women. You can see it in their smile. My Spanish is the only barrier right now. I speak enough to open but it gets difficult thereon. It make it hard to do direct. The girl in the club had to go into broken English, and literally asked if I wanted to fuck her friend.

@Dash- This is my first trip to CA/CS, so I can't really compare from personal experience. I have two goods friends that traveled extensively in CA and gave San Sal the blue ribbon. I'm not joking about getting eye fucked. Girls were dancing w/ their men facing away so they could gawk. A chick in a restaurant walked out from the back just to say Buenos Dias.

I only hit 1 nightclub and it was a hard venue due to only a couple single girls being there. Zona Rosa is where all the clubs are but some require a bit of a walk. It's not quiet as compact as some party districts. It was dead tonight, as to be expected on Sunday. Mostly couples were out. Oh, I didn't do any pipelining, that takes the fun out of it.

As for security. I got balls that clank and feel just a bit uneasy here at night. I'm used to places where there's a bunch of jackasshole gringos running around stupid to make easier targets. Here it's been pretty much me, at least where I've gone. Fuck the cabbie called me commando. That made me uneasy, and I ain't even here to work. LOL. No worries though, there's a guy standing out of the hotel holding a Mossberg. If the shit did hit the fan least I know where to pick up a weapon.[Image: wink.gif]

Well, I'm off to Lips. This strip club is supposedly legendary in this part of the world. Any bets on how many strippers I shore?

San Salvador Snapshot

Is this strip club full service? If it is its gonna be harder to shore.

See if any will go home with you after work. BTW Where are you staying at?(hotel / hostel)

San Salvador Snapshot

I met a really cool Belgian dude in Laos who said that El Salvador is his favorite country in Central America, and that the people were really friendly and laid back. But, the murder rate in San Salvador is extremely high, and although as a tourist you most likely won't be the target of violence, you should definitely watch your back. MS-13 is huge over there, and those dudes are the definition of psychotic.

San Salvador Snapshot

Half a million people, damn this city should also be on my list to visit.

What race are the women there, are they mostly blacks and mullatas just like in DR?

San Salvador Snapshot

Taxis are expensive because they're ripping you off!! Haggle those fuckers - of course they say fuel is expensive. They work for less than 15 bucks a day! If he wants 10 bucks for a ride, offer him one.

San Salvador Snapshot

Well fellas, I just started sending out messages on Facebook and CouchSurfing gathering that much needed intel on El Salvador.

The travel itch took over and Im about 90% sure I will be hitting up El Salvador in early August. I need to get some authentic latin pussy one more time before I head off to Asia for a year.

San Salvador Snapshot

Quote: (06-20-2011 05:57 AM)pitt Wrote:  

What race are the women there, are they mostly blacks and mullatas just like in DR?

No, almost no blacks. 90% mestizo, 9% Caucasian, 1%amerindian.

San Salvador Snapshot

Do not go to Salvador if you are black. The stats bars just posted are accurate, and blacks are descriminated against like they were in America back in the 1800s

Women totally do not have sex with black men. They are very open about admitting this too for the feat pf being socially outcast!

MS13 rules the streets, so forget about trying to make noise as a black man. They will chop your head off and use it as a soccer ball that night all because they saw you with a local woman. These cats are that psycho and vicious and should not be fucked with on their own home turf.

There is a ton if tension between black and MS13 gangs in California and it travels back to Salvador.

You've been warned.

Mixx

San Salvador Snapshot

Mestizos are black. I am mestizo and i consider myself black.

So i dont understand why el salvadorians would fiight against their own race.

San Salvador Snapshot

I'm awake motherfuckers. ALWAYS put the "do not disturb" sign up before crashing out in a hotel. They just completely ruined a perfectly good morning......and I'm to blame.

Quote: (06-20-2011 01:13 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Is this strip club full service? If it is its gonna be harder to shore.
See if any will go home with you after work. BTW Where are you staying at?(hotel / hostel)

Got diverted to another strip club. Walked in and their was 2 customers and around 15-20 girls sitting around bored. Within 5 minutos I hear "ojos azul" y "muy bonito". Heard that shit all night. VIP service was $80. I declined but did bleed hella chips over 5 hours. You might see me in a titty bar every two years so I made the most of it.

Quote: (06-20-2011 01:46 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

the murder rate in San Salvador is extremely high, and although as a tourist you most likely won't be the target of violence, you should definitely watch your back. MS-13 is huge over there, and those dudes are the definition of psychotic.

This is a problem here. It's not against tourist. Google "bus attacks San Salvador". MS-13 are ruthless. The strip club had more heavily armed security than some U.S. military installations I've went to. The convenience store had a swat team out front. I smell opportunity. Hey YMG can you career hack me into a job aqui? LOL.

I love women of all color but they are light-skinned to brown here. No mullatas to black. I also got HUGE DVH for speaking some Spanish. Apparently a lot of Americanos del Norte, Brits, ect. come here with zero respect for the language. They love me for at least attempting. Girls were walking up just to say a few words in English. I finally got relaxed last night and mi espanol improved muy rapido.

Quote: (06-20-2011 06:14 AM)Paideia Wrote:  

Taxis are expensive because they're ripping you off!! Haggle those fuckers - of course they say fuel is expensive. They work for less than 15 bucks a day! If he wants 10 bucks for a ride, offer him one.

Hah! I'm used to Kuwait where it's 70 cents a gallon for gas. That's just me bitching about spending more than a 1.50 for a cab ride. LOL.

Quote: (06-20-2011 09:25 AM)bars Wrote:  

No, almost no blacks. 90% mestizo, 9% Caucasian, 1%amerindian.

Quote: (06-20-2011 10:03 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Do not go to Salvador if you are black. The stats bars just posted are accurate, and blacks are descriminated against like they were in America back in the 1800s

Women totally do not have sex with black men. They are very open about admitting this too for the feat pf being socially outcast!

MS13 rules the streets, so forget about trying to make noise as a black man. They will chop your head off and use it as a soccer ball that night all because they saw you with a local woman. These cats are that psycho and vicious and should not be fucked with on their own home turf.

There is a ton if tension between black and MS13 gangs in California and it travels back to Salvador.

You've been warned.

Mixx

What Mixx said. I heard it last night. I was the pimp until several heavy hitters entered the club. I quickly adjusted my position out of respect and livelihood. They took the pick of the litter. No worries. I'm a bad mother fucker but respect to the ruling party.

Now for the really fucked up part. I'm choked up at the thought of kicking a stripper out of my bed to go run daygame. A stripper? Shit. My head space and timing is fucked. Whatever these girls to to your cabeza y corazon es muy mal. If I don't leave soon I'll be saying te amo. And all this after two days. Ay de mi.

San Salvador Snapshot

mestizos are black?!?!?

San Salvador Snapshot

Quote: (06-20-2011 11:19 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Mestizos are not black man. They are a mix of Indian and white.

Mulattos are a mix of black and white. I am also Mestizo: Indian and white blend.

You are just black not Mestizo then. Even if you had a black grandparent and mestizo grandmother you are NOT mestizo, you are mulatto.

Mixx

San Salvador Snapshot

Quote: (06-20-2011 11:19 AM)pitt Wrote:  

In LatinAmerica ruled a casta system imposed by the spaniards:

Amerindian with white european: Mestizo
White european with black: Mulato
Mestizo with white european: Castizo
White european with mulato: Morisco

And so on, in some parts of Mexico and Central America is still used, it's stupid, but that's the way it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta

San Salvador Snapshot

bought to book my tickets for the first or second week in August. Will be there for one week looking to do MAJOR damage.

pm me if you wanna join [Image: banana.gif]

San Salvador Snapshot

Quote: (06-20-2011 02:36 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

bought to book my tickets for the first or second week in August. Will be there for one week looking to do MAJOR damage.

pm me if you wanna join [Image: banana.gif]

I've got 5 to 1 odds Dash comes down here and then scratches his teaching in S. Korea gig. Any takers?

San Salvador Snapshot

Haha as much as I would LOVE to do that, I cant.

Gotta make some money this yr!

Its a shame you cant make over 2k a month in Central and South America teaching English.

San Salvador Snapshot

Ok so i sent off 6 messages on facebook earlier today to chicks in San Salvador asking about the city and NONE have replied back yet...... wtf. Got some replies on couchsurfing though. I need these chicks on facebook to come through tomm.

San Salvador Snapshot

Quote: (06-20-2011 10:03 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

MS13 rules the streets, so forget about trying to make noise as a black man. They will chop your head off and use it as a soccer ball that night all because they saw you with a local woman.
You've been warned.
Mixx

This is a little over-dramatic. I hit up El Salvador back in 06' and my head is still on my shoulders. lol

While I wasn't in El Salvador long enough to game hard, I'm sure I could have pulled a local lady. Everyone I encountered was friendly, although I didn't see another black face the whole time I was there. Most people I talked to assumed I was Jamaican.

While I haven't been back, I had a connection through san salvador last year and I remember one fine senorita in the local airport security staff who flirted with me hardcore and did everything but ask me to do it with her right then and there. Unfortunately my plane was leaving in 10mins., plus... I would have needed at least 30mins. lol

I haven't had any problem banging cute Salvi chicks in SoCal either.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

San Salvador Snapshot

I spent part of yesterday running the streets. That's a feat after the copious amounts of alcohol and marathon sex. Daygame here is easy. My sucess has been high in coffee shops and fast food joints.

http://www.multiplazamall.com/visitenosES

This place is in Zona Rosa and is huge. It's got a nice food court and restro's, coffee shops, and smoothie bars everywhere. This is good logistics to ask a girl for a quick expresso. Spent two hours here and am pretty sure I was the only gringo. It was intimidating b/c of the people staring. They would stand on the upper levels and watch me. [Image: blush.gif] Wasn't bad for a Monday and saw plenty of 7-8's running around. Of the few girls I chatted up only one spoke broken English. Whew. The language barrier is taking it's toll.

Blvd de los Heros.

I made it out early last night to check out this area. It's around a more affluent neighborhood where more people may speak English. I hit up El Arpa Irlandes. It's and Irish pub that sits in proximity to several other bars. No girls here. I figured and Irish pub would attract expats. I was hoping to get some better intel on places to swoop. Nope. Still the only gringo. The area looks nice though and has a lot of potential.

Actually for the record I've only spoken to one expat. Also, I've never been to a city where I stand out so much. It's crazy.

Beer and mixed drinks ran between $2-3 in the club.
Papusarias are cheap and everywhere. You can get stuffed and then some for around $2.
Fast food averages around $5

I'll post in accommodations but most hotels you find online are $100-200. The only less expensive hotel I found is here:
http://www.multiplazamall.com/visitenosES