rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bentley's Bachelorette Strategy?

I don't watch the show. Some contestant Bentley was not attracted to the bachelorette, yet stayed on the show anyway. All the other guys fawned all over her, while Bentley probably remained aloof or non-needy. Of course she fell for Bentley!

You rock Bentley! Can anyone explain what Bentley did to be successful?

I feel like the show is kinda flawed when it is a girl choosing. No girl *Really* wants to see a bunch of guys act like fags for her.

I think it goes back to predictability. Only 1 out of all the rest of the guys did something that surprised her.

I skimmed the first episode, and googled a bit online out of curiosity. Things I noticed:

She's into blonde guys.
The man she falls for, Bentley, is the only man who explicitly rules out romance. He says he's looking for fun.
She is very cute, but not gorgeous. I see prettier girls daily probably, but I couldn't say the same of the men, some are very handsome.

Her ex-BF said she digs bad boys. She heard before the show start that Bentley was bad news. Bentley's got a frat dude "sport-f***" air about him. All these taken together, and he's got huuuge leverage.

She seems to have a phony, patronizing sort of bubbly warm personality. IMO, she seems like the girl who touches you but isn't actually interested in you, which can be surprisingly emasculating and patronizing. She tries to please everyone, and goes for the guy she can't. Total disaster waiting to happen, if an LTR is your aim.

It wasn't predictability per se. The guys tried all sorts of ploys. She wanted an aloof cad, and Bentley was it.

What a great performance by Bentley. The other guys, judging from their brief appearances in this video, seem pretty douchey. He's got great natural game. It's all about maintaining high value for yourself, but of course he's also a good looking, tall, fit guy (no homo) so he's got a few things going for him that work well with the natural DHV. He's naturally aloof throughout the entire encounter because he literally feels superior to her.

Quote: (06-20-2011 02:19 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

What a great performance by Bentley. The other guys, judging from their brief appearances in this video, seem pretty douchey.

Bentley is the textbook definition of douchebag, i.e. an uncaring ***hole, who thinks nothing of hurting others for his own gain. And I'm not hating, just classifying. That's what he is, at least here. For the record, she invites it upon herself, so I have no sympathy for her.