rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First time solo!

First time solo!

Hey guys, discovered this forum about a day ago and it was just what i was looking for.I am 26 years old and living in a new city which delivers new challenges and so yesterday i flew solo for the first time! I built the mood with some epic songs and got motivated to go out, which i believe is half the batttle. I had a great time out and talked to a few chicks but none were bitting, the ones i did talk to either speaked french or had no interest anyway I will not give up! I will have no hesitation in going out solo again and i am looking forward to the next time and hope for better results, just need to keep trying.

First time solo!

Quote: (06-18-2011 09:58 PM)bitchplease Wrote:  

Hey guys, discovered this forum about a day ago and it was just what i was looking for.I am 26 years old and living in a new city which delivers new challenges and so yesterday i flew solo for the first time! I built the mood with some epic songs and got motivated to go out, which i believe is half the batttle. I had a great time out and talked to a few chicks but none were bitting, the ones i did talk to either speaked french or had no interest anyway I will not give up! I will have no hesitation in going out solo again and i am looking forward to the next time and hope for better results, just need to keep trying.

You should get Roosh's "Bang" only like $10 on kindle. Lots of great pointers for rolling solo.

First time solo!

I wouldnt actively look to go dolo every night....

You want to go out with a social circle of friends (optimal circle is 2 guys and 3-4 girls)

Its good to roll out solo every now and again when ur options are limited, or for other personal reasons, but dont think this should be an every week occurrence. You can get by with that shit abroad bc ur in a new country and dont know ppl and girls will find u interesting but in the states most girls will think ur a loser (not all but alot)

When you do roll out dolo its good to make friends with some dudes. Hell i went out last night with one buddy to a latin club 1.5 hrs away from our city and my buddy made friends with this large set of dudes. They bought us drinks the rest of the night and introduced us to some of their female friends.

First time solo!

Quote: (06-18-2011 10:55 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

You can get by with that shit abroad bc ur in a new country and dont know ppl and girls will find u interesting but in the states most girls will think ur a loser (not all but alot)

Sure about this? Ok granted I don't know how it is in the states but I think if you back up going out solo with nice and stylish clothes as well as other kinds of DHV, as well as just generelly being fearless and not giving a fuck, girls will be impressed by you and that you don't have to "hide" behind your friends.

First time solo!

@Solo

Yes, general speaking you going to a bar or club dolo is not gonna be a DHV. Girls will think you have no friends and are just weird/lame for the most part. One way to counter this is to say you are not from here and only in town for the weekend on business. Like I said not all girls will think this, some will indeed be impressed you are out partying solo, but they will be the minority.

Just to give you a personal example that slightly relates, I go to the movies during the day ALOT by myself. Girls try to give me SHIT for that all the time! And that is not even on the same level as If I rolled to a nightclub by myself.

And your comment about not having to "hide" behind ur friends is alittle off base and misfounded. When ppl go out with their friends they are not going out to be hiding imo. They are going out to have fun and enjoy the company of their friends. I have no problem doing things by myself but lets not be delusional, doing things with friends is more fun than doing things by yourself.

I think the key is to have the confidence to be able to roll out dolo. I do things by myself all the time, but its not something I seek out and brag about.

***Disclaimer***

This is in reference to the younger crowd. 18-26ish. I dont have experience with older venues and ppl and Im sure being dolo in these establishments will not be looked down upon as much as with the younger ppl.

First time solo!

Quote: (06-19-2011 08:22 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

@Solo

Yes, general speaking you going to a bar or club dolo is not gonna be a DHV. Girls will think you have no friends and are just weird/lame for the most part. One way to counter this is to say you are not from here and only in town for the weekend on business. Like I said not all girls will think this, some will indeed be impressed you are out partying solo, but they will be the minority.

Just to give you a personal example that slightly relates, I go to the movies during the day ALOT by myself. Girls try to give me SHIT for that all the time! And that is not even on the same level as If I rolled to a nightclub by myself.

And your comment about not having to "hide" behind ur friends is alittle off base and misfounded. When ppl go out with their friends they are not going out to be hiding imo. They are going out to have fun and enjoy the company of their friends. I have no problem doing things by myself but lets not be delusional, doing things with friends is more fun than doing things by yourself.

I think the key is to have the confidence to be able to roll out dolo. I do things by myself all the time, but its not something I seek out and brag about.

***Disclaimer***

This is in reference to the younger crowd. 18-26ish. I dont have experience with older venues and ppl and Im sure being dolo in these establishments will not be looked down upon as much as with the younger ppl.

Interesting take..yes it seems in our societies girls have a weird hang up about a guy going out and going after what he wants. When girls ask me I say either 'new to town' , 'friends are around' or just plain 'by myself I wanted to have a good night.' Most girls don't even ask.

I have to say it is a good feeling, knowing you can go out by yourself and rely on your raw skills to bring home the bread. I would have never done it in the past, but now I am starting to prefer it to going out with the majority of my friends (in terms of meeting women).

For example I paid a $15 cover last night to a place and assessed my options and after 30 mins I left, as the place wasn't yielding the right results. I went to another place after which wasn't working either until I went to my final destination where I struck gold. Now I wouldn't have been able to do this I doubt with my buddies, saying 'Well we've paid $15 man I don't wanna move' etc and dragging their feet.

It's hard for me to role in mixed set social groups here, so I may go Dolo more often.

First time solo!

Quote: (06-18-2011 10:43 PM)MMA Wrote:  

Quote: (06-18-2011 09:58 PM)bitchplease Wrote:  

You should get Roosh's "Bang" only like $10 on kindle. Lots of great pointers for rolling solo.

Thanks I think I will.

First time solo!

Quote:Quote:

but in the states most girls will think ur a loser (not all but alot)

Sounds like your insecurities are speaking for you. It makes little difference abroad or home. A loser is a loser whether he goes out alone or with a group.

How many times have you approached solo in your home city? So you need a guy to hold your hand to talk to girls? It doesn't sound like your thoughts come from experience in actually mastering that skill, but just guessing.

First time solo!

Quote: (06-18-2011 10:55 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I wouldnt actively look to go dolo every night....

You want to go out with a social circle of friends (optimal circle is 2 guys and 3-4 girls)

Its good to roll out solo every now and again when ur options are limited, or for other personal reasons, but dont think this should be an every week occurrence. You can get by with that shit abroad bc ur in a new country and dont know ppl and girls will find u interesting but in the states most girls will think ur a loser (not all but alot)

When you do roll out dolo its good to make friends with some dudes. Hell i went out last night with one buddy to a latin club 1.5 hrs away from our city and my buddy made friends with this large set of dudes. They bought us drinks the rest of the night and introduced us to some of their female friends.
Oh ya i agree it was just an occassion where my friends were not around and i wanted too go out. I wont be flying solo all the time but would have no hesitation in doing it again. The making friends idea sounds good also, you can never have enough!

First time solo!

Dash, I suppose things are a bit different in your city than mine (in Scandinavia) then. My metaphorical hiding behind your friends comment was merely based on what I used to do before I started going out by myself and what I see some other guys doing. Of course you're right some ppl go out just to have a good time etc.

As you say, dk902, the flexibility of going out yourself is one of the main advantages. In some situations you can lose social proof by being by yourself but I've been getting better results since going solo and I'm not even contemplating going out with my friends more than just every now and then anymore.

First time solo!

I know there are like 50 threads on this so you can probably learn a lot by searching the forum.

The main points you should pick up on:

*There's nothing wrong with going solo, regardless of what some guys here say.
*If a girl gives you shit for being out alone, she's probably a waste of your time anyway. Or you can use it to your advantage and call her out for being a bitch. Why worry?
*If a girl asks you where your friends are, tell her "around" or "everyone here is my friend". The latter one takes a bit more swag to pull off.
*Going solo will (in most instances) improve your game quicker. Besides, wings aren't always available every night of the week.
*You can meet girls or guys while you are out and use them to open other girls.

Plenty of options...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

First time solo!

Quote: (06-19-2011 08:42 AM)solo Wrote:  

Dash, I suppose things are a bit different in your city than mine (in Scandinavia) then. My metaphorical hiding behind your friends comment was merely based on what I used to do before I started going out by myself and what I see some other guys doing. Of course you're right some ppl go out just to have a good time etc.

As you say, dk902, the flexibility of going out yourself is one of the main advantages. In some situations you can lose social proof by being by yourself but I've been getting better results since going solo and I'm not even contemplating going out with my friends more than just every now and then anymore.

Yes, im solely referencing this in the context of American culture and attitudes.

Going solo does give u more flexibility. But I have the same flexibility when rolling with my sets. If I aint feeling a place ill dip whether or not my set wants to or not. They understand. Granted I normally do my homework and know how is a place will be that night so I usually dont have to switch venues....

First time solo!

My sample size is probably too small to claim this, but I seem to be approached by girls more when I'm solo than with my friends. Anyone had the same experience? Especially in certain countries/places/venues.

Answers I use when asked by a girl where my friends are include:
I go out to pick up girls and don't need my friends to do that
They're around (although I know Roosh doesn't recommend lying, I guess I still have some insecurities left, but defo less than when I started out).

First time solo!

Quote: (06-19-2011 09:01 AM)solo Wrote:  

My sample size is probably too small to claim this, but I seem to be approached by girls more when I'm solo than with my friends. Anyone had the same experience? Especially in certain countries/places/venues.

They're around (although I know Roosh doesn't recommend lying, I guess I still have some insecurities left, but defo less than when I started out).

I find this to be true more with foreign girls in America. I get approached by far more girls (directly or indirectly) when I'm sitting alone at a bar projecting awesomeness. Usually, it's because I tend to stand out without necessarily pea-cocking. Or, I'm just in the right place at the right time.

I don't think the examples I gave are exactly "lying." They're more evasive or comical depending on what you say or how you say it.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

First time solo!

[/quote]

I don't think the examples I gave are exactly "lying." They're more evasive or comical depending on what you say or how you say it.

[/quote]

Agreed, Ive been getting results both by saying they're around and by saying I don't have any friends. Guess it's yet another thing that just goes to show that Pick Up is an art, not (an exact) science.

First time solo!

Of course, the obvious explanation as to why one gets approached more when rolling alone (supposing this is true) would be that girls are then less intimidated than when you are with a group of guys.

First time solo!

I have been rolling dolo for years.

I will 100%, agree that you will get approached by girls more when solo.

And if you smoke, you can multiply it again.

A typical night for me (if everything is clicking) will go something like this:

6-10 approaches by me
1-3 approaches by girls (half of those for a light)

Not bad.

Those are the kind of numbers you need to post if you want to swoop consistently.

This is one of the reasons I preach smoking so much.

I get 1-3 free leads per night.

Over the course of a year, the smoker will always defeat the non-smoker by a landslide (all things being equal).

First time solo!

gmanifesto, while I don't doubt smoking increases your interactions with women (I can confirm this from my own experience) I recently stopped because of health reasons (not so much concerns over cancer but my hangovers got much worse when I had smoked the night before as well as my migraines). Of course now I'm thiking about starting again haha. But there should really be a healthy substitute for smoking.

First time solo!

The reason why females approach more when you are solo is the same with why guys are way more likely to approach a girl that is alone or at the very least in a 2 set. Less intimidating.

Everytime I go out with my friends I venture off by myself and do my own thing for almost half of the night. Fri night for example i went to the bathroom and was in the entrance area texting/checking facebook or something when these two girls from Argentina approached me. They asked me if I was American, then asked why I was at this all latino club (I was the only white guy there). We chatted for a while and I got their contact info and im chilling with them this upcomming weekend.

You can have it all Flexibility, Options, Everything with not having to roll dolo.

I like to have ALL my options at my disposal ie Social Proof, Fun Company, and the option to separate from my friends and sets and do my own thing half the night.

First time solo!

I roll out solo about 80% of the of the time now. One reason why is because most of my friends live in other cities than I do. I'm not going to just roll out with any dude because I'm to pussy to go out by myself. If I was living in LA or SF than sure I would roll out with my friends a lot more. I had acquaintances in San Diego but not good friends.

Flying solo is like approaching girls the first few times you do it it feels strange but once you do it over let's say 40 times it becomes second nature. If your insecure and you care what people might think about you then you probably shouldn't fly solo. I have good luck meeting girls and pulling girls flying solo.

First time solo!

solo -

"But there should really be a healthy substitute for smoking."

Yeah, you have to take the good with the bad. It keeps the universe balanced.

Here is the kicker though:

Girls approach you with smoking and coupled with The Greatest Opener of All Time http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/05/the...-time.html , Game becomes super easy.

The more I think about it, 90% of my Game (opening that is) revolves around Cigarette Game. (which if you think about it, is super old-school and how it was done for decades).

I really think that the whole Pickup Artist Industry would crumble within a month if everyone just used Cigarette Game.

Free leads? - Hell, in Miami last month, I had two models on separate occasions approach me on the same night for smokes. The majority of the guys out there will never even open two girls that hot over the course of a year. And I was just standing there.

No nerve racking openers?

No hesitation?

Smoking is worth the price.

First time solo!

Yes i would get approached more when im by myself or seperated from my friends in the club. I also noticed that when i had a girlfriend i got more female attention aswell which is both interesting and totally not fair!

First time solo!

Totally agree about the smoking thing!

First time solo!

Quote: (06-19-2011 09:44 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

solo -

"But there should really be a healthy substitute for smoking."

Yeah, you have to take the good with the bad. It keeps the universe balanced.

Here is the kicker though:

Girls approach you with smoking and coupled with The Greatest Opener of All Time http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/05/the...-time.html , Game becomes super easy.

The more I think about it, 90% of my Game (opening that is) revolves around Cigarette Game. (which if you think about it, is super old-school and how it was done for decades).

I really think that the whole Pickup Artist Industry would crumble within a month if everyone just used Cigarette Game.

Free leads? - Hell, in Miami last month, I had two models on separate occasions approach me on the same night for smokes. The majority of the guys out there will never even open two girls that hot over the course of a year. And I was just standing there.

No nerve racking openers?

No hesitation?

Smoking is worth the price.
Is there a seperate thread here about smokes and game? If not can you break it down?

First time solo!

dolo

Why do so many people use the word 'dolo' on here when they mean 'solo'? I've never heard 'dolo' used anywhere apart from here and don't actually understand it.

I go to the movies during the day ALOT by myself. Girls try to give me SHIT for that all the time! And that is not even on the same level as If I rolled to a nightclub by myself.

I'm one of those people who if I want to do something and there's no one around to do it with I'll happy go alone, cinema, comedy club, bite to eat, a beer, see a band etc. My friends think it's weird. I don't know what they find strange about it, I think it's pathetic that no one can do anything themselves anymore and need a buddie to hold their hand. They'd rather not do something, even just go into town during the day, than do it by themselves. Nearly everything in life is better with company but I'm not going to let lack of it dictate my life, everyone has different schedules with work, studies, life, whatever so we can't all be free at the same time and we can't all have the same interests. People need to man up and just get on with it. Who cares what other people think anyway.