rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tor hidden service for RvF?

Would it be possible to have a Tor onion link for RvF and RoK? Basically a back up means for accessing the site when some script kiddies try and DDOS the site.

I'm not familiar with how such a service is run, but running a Tor hidden service off of a clearnet site is as simple as opening up a port and starting the service.

Just a thought, any extra means of keeping the forum alive during a potential war time would be good.

Wouldn't work, the database has to be in a single location to maintain a community (i.e. all speech is registered in the same place at the same time so everyone can see what everyone else is saying). Also if it's on Tor it wouldn't be generally accessible via google for men at large. Roosh has already said he's setting up an off-site team for 'war time', which I assume would use standard distributed messaging (e.g. email).

Quote: (09-23-2015 08:56 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Wouldn't work, the database has to be in a single location to maintain a community (i.e. all speech is registered in the same place at the same time so everyone can see what everyone else is saying). Also if it's on Tor it wouldn't be generally accessible via google for men at large. Roosh has already said he's setting up an off-site team for 'war time', which I assume would use standard distributed messaging (e.g. email).

That's not what I was intending. Basically you can access the site from the clear net (rooshvforum.network ) and also access the same site via an onion link.

Two links, one RvF/RoK database.

But that's impossible because of the nature of the attack. If you have access to the central, singular database via DNS/IP (i.e. rooshvforum.network) so does an attacker. The DDOS works the same as people accessing from the general internet: but it behaves like there are millions of people trying to access huge amounts all at once. The only way around it is secrecy (which stops google traffic) or distributive countermeasures (like cloudflare).

I would suggest to everyone who is not an expert in OPSEC to stay hell out of the onion network.

Even then I would avoid it unless I had no other choice.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (09-23-2015 12:02 PM)storm Wrote:  

I would suggest to everyone who is not an expert in OPSEC to stay hell out of the onion network.

Can you expand on this?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (09-23-2015 01:36 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Can you expand on this?

I don't think he needs to. There's a lot of information out there about the vulnerabilities at even a basic level. Keep in mind I know very little about it, but there's plenty of articles out there that break it down in fairly simple terms:

http://bfy.tw/1wTf

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Quote: (09-23-2015 01:36 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Can you expand on this?

What he's getting at is that merely using the network can draw government attention. Also a lot of those sites can doxx you by attacking weaknesses in your browser to identify the computer you're on.

TOR is best used emergency only. utilize Tails or a burner laptop accessing TOR from a public hotspot to minimize your odds of detection

DDOS attacks work just the same on tor/deep web/etc.

If they going to create something like that they need to make the site go though I2p or freenet. Freenet is the most resistant to DDOS since it runs on its own network. Also with freenet and I2p the more people that use it the more the network becomes secure. Tor if used needs to ALWAYS be used with the TAILS OS.

Freenet is a much better alternative for anonymity, but even that network gets heavily DDOS'ed. You can filter out the attack spam but many newbies won't stick around long enough to learn how. They'll also up and quit when they realize how long it takes for a post to show up. So Freenet is not for the average Joe that shows up here and expects instant returns.