rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chicago: How to dress in Fall/Autumn

Right so I'm in Chicago for 1 week staring 2nd October and I've never been before.

Please can someone let me know:

1) What sort of climate should I pack for? Warm clothes? Do I need a coat etc?

2) As an English guy, what sort of style/look should I go for to not look totally out of place but still original and clearly from out of town?

It's really difficult to gauge what style is totally out of place when you've never been somewhere before.

Thanks!

I usually rock jeans and desert boots, a long sleeve henley and a light weight leather jacket around that time of year.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Jacket, jeans, sweater weather.....

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

Sweater is fine. Chicago girls are not very pretentious... It's more about you personality

Depends on how long you're gonna be in Chicago. if you're gonna be there all fall then you might want a bit of everything because you really never know what the weather is gonna be, heck i wouldn't be surprised if it snowed within 3 weeks.

[Image: letterman-kutcher-jihad.jpg]

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I'm there for 8 nights 2nd to 10th October. I've heard it's quite mild but then I've heard from some people it's cold and don't trust the weather report.. so it's confusing!

The weather is never consistent year to year. I'd definitely have a jacket though. It depends on where you're going for how dressy to get. If you're just walking around I wouldn't worry (people walk around and run errands in gym clothes more often than not). If you're going out to a club then it's a different story.

Quote: (09-05-2015 03:04 AM)Londoner Wrote:  

I'm there for 8 nights 2nd to 10th October. I've heard it's quite mild but then I've heard from some people it's cold and don't trust the weather report.. so it's confusing!

You're from London so you will find it warm. On average it will be low 70s as a high.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Thanks so basically pack for a standard English summer day lol warm but sometimes with a chill.

What about style though?

When I was in LA this year I rocked the London blazer, shirt and smart jeans look and the girls thought I dressed like a teacher but in London that's a good look...

Dark jeans and a cardigan/pattern shirt is very common in Chicago. The U.S. tends to favor comfortable and 'loose' clothing than where you're from. That's why some girls might of thought you looked like a teacher. Plaid shirts are very common. Again, this is how mid western folks dress so if you wore that in Cali then people there would automatically know you're from Chicago or somewhere in that part of the country.

Go with what you have as I think your style will be better received. Play up the accent as well if you can. LA and NYC dress style is a whole different beast compared to everywhere else in America.

Edit: it's also football season so if you dress up when you go out Saturday/Sunday you will look out of place. Hoodies and jeans are common during football days. Looks like the Cubs will be in the playoffs so everyone will be out at bars watching football and baseball. Dress down for those occasions!

Awesome thanks for the advice. Do people tend to get changed from their sports gear and then go out or just out to bars and clubs in their sport stuff?

You'll probably want to invest in something like this for getting around town:

[Image: original.jpg]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (09-05-2015 01:34 PM)Londoner Wrote:  

Awesome thanks for the advice. Do people tend to get changed from their sports gear and then go out or just out to bars and clubs in their sport stuff?

Nope. Games could start as early as noon and as late as 9pm. That's not everyone though as dance bars/clubs don't cater to that clientele. It's just bars and something you should keep in mind.

People will show up in shorts and a shirt at clubs on occasion. Something you won't ever see in Europe. Then again, it might not be warm enough. Although...this is the Midwest.

You should check out the nearest major college campus btw. It's a great time of year to game some girls. Bring a bag with some random books and dress nice to set yourself apart.

Random books? You mean like course books?