rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

It's better than SoCal

It's better than SoCal

I moved to DC from SoCal a few weeks ago. I'll be honest, though DC is far below NYC, I think it beats out SoCal so the hate on this forum isn't totally justified.

-You can get around the city with public transport and distance isn't too much for cabs. This is a huge factor. Having to drive everywhere put a huge cramp on my San Diego partying.

-3am closing. Having to get to the nicer clubs in SD before 10 to be able to get in without hassle? That's absurd. Bouncers turning on the lights at one? Complete bs. When I go to Vegas, half of the people there are from Socal, they go to Vegas so much because SoCal nightlife is completely lame.

-Vibe. SoCal is definitely more racist than the East Coast. Because there's alot of negative sentiment towards Tijuana and Mexico, I felt that being dark there was more of a handicap then it was on the East Coast.

-Luck. I've been getting at least a number or a makeout every time I go out. It took me 4-5 times going out in San Diego to get that luck. Asian girls are alot nicer in the East Coast compared to Asian girls in California. Plus, there's like no Indian girls in SoCal, much more diversity on East Coast.

Thoughts?

It's better than SoCal

D.C. better than socal? lol.
Socal> San Diego

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

It's better than SoCal

Everytime I meet a chic from California they are always friendly. I was in Socal last year and the Latin women over there look 10 times better then the ones we have here. I agree with you that the logistics will be tough in Socal since everything is so spread out.

It's better than SoCal

Logistics in DC are only good if you have the cash to live in DC, if you live in the burbs its a bitch, especially if you live past the end of the red line.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

It's better than SoCal

Quote: (06-12-2011 08:04 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Logistics in DC are only good if you have the cash to live in DC, if you live in the burbs its a bitch, especially if you live past the end of the red line.

Logistics in DC are great and I do have the dough for that BUT the women here suck. Went to Secquoia this past Saturday and other then some bitchy DC cops telling me I couldn't drink on the boardwalk (wtf?) and a few yuppies partying on the boats with what seemed to be their girlfriends the scene completely sucked. Ratio of about 5 guys for every 1 girl and i could count the number of 8+ girls I saw all night long on 1 hand.

It's better than SoCal

rakishness -

"Everytime I meet a chic from California they are always friendly."

Let me guess, you have met under 20 girls from California and have never lived there?

Also, "California" is the broadest of brushstrokes.

Where these girls from Modesto?

Or from Newport Beach?

Might as well be two different planets.

It's better than SoCal

Quote: (06-12-2011 09:01 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2011 08:04 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Logistics in DC are great and I do have the dough for that BUT the women here suck. Went to Secquoia this past Saturday and other then some bitchy DC cops telling me I couldn't drink on the boardwalk (wtf?) and a few yuppies partying on the boats with what seemed to be their girlfriends the scene completely sucked. Ratio of about 5 guys for every 1 girl and i could count the number of 8+ girls I saw all night long on 1 hand.

Well yeah, you never could drink on the boardwalk.

I agree, logistics suck worse in places like Cali... but the quality of women is a lot better.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

It's better than SoCal

Quote: (06-13-2011 09:28 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Well yeah, you never could drink on the boardwalk.

I agree, logistics suck worse in places like Cali... but the quality of women is a lot better.

Quality does suffer in DC, that may be true. But coming from someone who had no luck in Cali due to the low intellectual caliber of the women there and the superficiality (Basically maintaining a conversation there I found harder than in DC)...there has to be something said for an educated guy living in an educated city.

It's better than SoCal

DC is not paradise. It obviously does not compare to Brazil and Poland. Compared to equivalent American and Canadian cities, however, it may not be the best place to be in the USA and Canada, but there are major cities that are definitely worse such as Denver and Toronto. The idea that it is the worst city in the USA and Canada is simply not justified and frankly it does people who are starting out in game a disservice to say otherwise.

I understand hating DC compared to foreign (Canada is not "foreign" in this case) cities, but to say that the women are hotter and easier in places like Boston is just absurd.

It's better than SoCal

it's true. boston night life kinda blows

- all bars close at 2am
- public transportation closes at 12am
- girls can be really, really stuck up bitches with huge ego's
- quality can be lacking during the summer when school's out

it's probably just as bad as D.C.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.