rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Relationship is over

Relationship is over

So a few years ago I got a BAD case of oneitis for a girl. BAAD. That's what lead me to this forum. While I was hurt at the time, it's had a profoundly positive impact on my life. I make way more money, date all kinds of hot chicks, and live a lifestyle that makes my friends say "I wish I were you."

While we got along well, she is the quintessential "dark triad". She's simply not capable of fidelity, and will cuckold any dude she dates.

In that context, tonight I learned that the former oneitis is engaged and pregnant.

I'm not mad. I'm not sad. I feel bad for her current super beta fiance, who is a good dude. I currently have a GF who is way hotter than her. A friend of mine even commented about the "upgrade" last week.

Though a tiny part of me thought we would get back together at some point, and now I can confirm that it really is truly over for good.

Relationship is over

Be thankful for your luck, and the other guy is going to get what's coming to him for being the ultimate dipshit.

Relationship is over

Closure is important.

So is not dealing with batshit crazy women.

Either way, how did you get lead to the forum a couple years ago if you joined so recently?

[Image: tumblr_n0e6jgM25X1qlyfm1o9_500.gif]

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Relationship is over

Quote: (08-19-2015 06:33 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  

Closure is important.

So is not dealing with batshit crazy women.

Either way, how did you get lead to the forum a couple years ago if you joined so recently?

[Image: tumblr_n0e6jgM25X1qlyfm1o9_500.gif]

I never posted. I just read and learned. Guess that makes me a lurker.

I usually post on the internet using my real name, but for some people this this stuff SUPER personal, and it can have a profound affect on your personal life. I'm pretty reigned in on Facebook yet a bunch of my female friends have unfriended me for being "anti-feminist."

Keep in mind I'm a lawyer with some internet fame. I'm also a fairly prominent blogger for other stuff.

That said, I was at the Battle of Toronto, because once that went down, this became very real and important to me. I can only be quiet for so long.

Relationship is over

I did, and I suspect many, lurk as guests for a long time before joining.

One of the tenets of this forum is about adding value. It's quite rational to be an observer from the outside to gauge the temperament of the place before posting.

Relationship is over

Yeah I figured. I lurked here for about a year before posting much at all.

Good to hear you're free of that toxic bitch and you're much better off for it.

[Image: clap.gif]

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Relationship is over

My logical man brain:

"Bro, you dodged a bullet. Her fiance is a cuckold dumbass. She's already tried to cheat on him with you, and she's going to the the same again. Once you have kids with a smut you're stuck with a decision that can't be changed. Your current lineup is way hotter, and way less dramatic. Be happy. Your all expenses paid vacation to Mexico is coming up in weeks."

My beta brain:

"She was The One! Why did you let her go? That should be you!"

Relationship is over

I've been in a similar spot. It never really took off, and I probably (and I say this in hindsight) had chance after chance to do so (but I was way too passive). She found someone else, and they seem to be quite happy. Fortunately or unfortunately, she's in the process of meeting "the wall".

She was a nice individual (good on the eyes, nice personality, so on and so on). She could have been "the one" (if such a thing actually exists), but she isn't, and I'm OK with that.

Funny thing is, she was the only "blown chance" that wasn't a "dodged disaster".

Relationship is over

Good on you OP for obtaining your closure.

I sympathize with the lurker vibe myself. Lurked for almost 2 years. What finally caused me to register was the "American Girls Be Like" thread from last summer. Best thread ever until "Operation Caliphate" happened.

Relationship is over

I always wonder about letting the beta dude know that the woman he's about to marry up is a ho. You know - with pictures and proof.

Relationship is over

Quote: (08-19-2015 08:34 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

I always wonder about letting the beta dude know that the woman he's about to marry up is a ho. You know - with pictures and proof.

That wouldn't change anything. They'd defend the ho. Betas have this misconceived view point of letting the past be the past. Their thirst and desperation blinds them to considering any of that.

"Oh it doesn't matter if you sucked X dicks, banged Y guys, and fucked my best friend Steve. That's in the past and we can look to the future."

There are no fresh starts. Turning a ho into a housewife doesn't work. Just find a housewife.

Hats off to OP for waking up.

If it doesn't fit, force it... If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Relationship is over

How long were you with this girl? Typically it takes about 1/2 of the duration of the relationship to be over it. A few years seems a bit long to be hung up on someone you weren't married to. Either way, congrats.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Relationship is over

Click bait [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Relationship is over

Quote: (08-19-2015 06:33 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  

I have read the forum off and on for 4+ years but only just joined recently. Some of us are long time lurkers prior to joining.

Americans are dreamers too

Relationship is over

From the title, I was afraid this would be another LM McCoy situation [Image: smile.gif]

But I know exactly what you're talking about. When I was a teenager I had oneitis for this girl. She eventually didn't want to talk to me, and I agonized over that fact for a long time. Later on, I found out she became a radical lesbian feminist (I'm dead serious) and I just had to laugh about it.

It's amazing how often learning more about a girl can destroy oneitis.

Relationship is over

You're not that dude from the LegalZoom ad's are you?

Relationship is over

The OP (HankMoody) is definitely trolling.

In support of a thread giving newbies tips on how to set off troll alarms, I made this detailed, itemized, near-comprehensive list of tips. That, I think, very-helpful list included the following point among other relevant ones:

Quote:Quote:

Don't use the forum as your personal journal or blog.

The OP actually chimed in on that thread, firstly, to disagree with the general consensus (with his 40-something post history at the time), but mostly to declare his insistence that he's not a "n00b" (as he put it) and to give us an elaborate description of his credentials in writing about the "red pill." It was strange to have a disagreement on such a tame thread, but the OP insisted that:

Quote: (08-14-2015 11:16 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

We're not all actually "n00bs"

While noting that:

writing off every "n00b" with a strong opinion is counterproductive.

And adding that:

the focus should be on the quality of the poster's content.

To that post, I replied with the following question and comment:

Quote: (08-14-2015 11:46 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Can you point out some instances where high-value newbies have been "written off" for no other reason than their newbie status?

(And, for the record, newbie refers to your tenure here at the forum, not in life.)

That went unresponded-to.

Now, the same newbie--who claimed to not be a newbie and, by extension, not need advice on how to navigate the forum--comes in and creates a thread with a vague click-bait title (in the wrong section of the forum), that's low value (after saying the value of the post should determine the value of the member), and that uses the forum as his personal blog. This is precisely what the post he was so insistent on disagreeing with--and claimed didn't even apply to him--said.

There's no way an experienced, working writer, as he's admitted to being--with the above-average reading comprehension skills that requires--makes this series of moves by accident. This is a subtle-subtle trolling job.

Finally, this:

I've lurked for years in the forums.

Quote: (08-16-2015 11:26 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Ay yo brahs, I texted this girl something that was like SO FUNNY about an hour ago but she hasn't responded.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Relationship is over

[Image: stealthtroll.jpg]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Relationship is over

Hank's a chick.

Relationship is over

delette

Relationship is over

Oh dear, and I repped him for his earlier post on his post game journey after divorce...

Relationship is over

I sent Tuthmosis a PM and I think this is cleared up.

The post wasn't a troll, I promise. My IRL identity isn't exactly a huge secret, either.

I went out with a friend last night, learned about what happened, and had a few drinks. I was sort of bummed and felt like venting. It's nice to know that other people can relate, as it's not a topic I can discuss with my friends in real life (like most of the topics we discuss on this forum). That's why I posted the thread.

"Ay yo brahs, I texted this girl something that was like SO FUNNY about an hour ago but she hasn't responded" <-- is a bit of parody and self reflection. I remember when I first started reading this stuff, it was for very technical (and now in hindsight stupid) questions like "How long should I wait to text her?" "Should I use lowercase or proper grammar?" "Should I use emocons?"

I was interested in learning game to "win back" the oneitis, but in the process, developed a much deeper understanding of women and society in general. I don't claim to be an international playboy of epic proportions. However, learning decent game has had a tremendously positive impact on my life, and at the same time has redefined my understanding of society.

After a divorce from a wife of 12 years, an epic case of rebound oneitis, and then adopting a lifestyle of freedom, I have a lot to say.

Hopefully some of you find it useful or insightful.

Relationship is over

Quote: (08-20-2015 08:18 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

After a divorce from a wife of 12 years, an epic case of rebound oneitis, and then adopting a lifestyle of freedom, I have a lot to say.

Or maybe a lot still to learn.

If you can help the membership get more girls, earn more money or make better use of travel experiences, post away.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Relationship is over

Most of us have had similar issues I'm sure. Each time I realise that a girl isn't at the required calibre, I feel very fortunate to have realised that and not let the emotions drag it on.

Unlike their current boyfriends who are fooling for the games these bitches are playing but are unaware of it. Or maybe they just got fat.

Relationship is over

Should have been posted in the Newbie Forum.