rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A life change at 40 for the impossible?

I just turned 40 this year. For the most part, I've done as many say, dedicated my energies to personal development, and have done relatively well in life.

- Net worth ($1M+ … this is ok, not spectacular, I know)
- Live in Manhattan
- 2 advanced degrees from prestigious schools
- braggable job (to some crowds)
- well-traveled and well-read
- In excellent shape (competitive athlete, <10% body fat, look mid-30s)

The one thing that's missing from my life is women. HOT women.

To be fair, I've done ok relationship-wise. Certainly being a well-rounded person has helped. I'm fairly charismatic. But I've mostly bagged women who are most 6s and 7s for a number of reasons.

- I'm horrible at closing, nice guy issues -- great at opening though, no approach anxiety
- I'm short (5'4")
- I'm a health nut, never been much for clubs and bars (I've read a lot about how day game is that much harder)
- I'm Asian

Traveling in Europe, specifically Germany, I've had the opportunity to bang some hot, young white women (some P4P admittedly, some not). I would like to again. It's really the only thing I think about nowadays.

I'm pretty much happy with life otherwise. I think I'd be ok with my 6s and 7s if I hadn't opened this Pandora's Box, and if I was younger. At 40, the 6s and 7s I know are turning into 3s and 4s as their metabolism slows and skin damage settles in. Life is short. Beautiful women are the thing that brings me most joy and the thing I'm lacking most nowadays.

I'm facing a crossroads. Should I (1) uproot my life to head to Germany to fulfill this ambition, or (2) stay in NYC and just refine my game?

I'm thinking I might be able to start a life in academia in Germany with my advanced degrees, and having read here how proximity is half the battle, take my quest to the local colleges. I'm up for a change, and my industry may not have room for me much longer.

I'm not too interested in other countries. No SEA if I'm looking for white girls. I like the social welfare, first world, advanced economy of Germany, so I'm less interested in the EE. Scandinavia is a possibility, but the expense and the lack of diversity appeals to me less.

The argument for NYC is that it's where my life is, and odds here are already supposed to be pretty good. There are a lot more women than men in the city. I understand changing locations won't help if you don't have game… and I know mine isn't 100%. I could stay and work on that.

I know racism is worse in Europe, and odds might not be better. After all, without knowing the local language, my pool of candidates is smaller. I might tire of the lack of diversity once I spend some time there. Their novelty as skinny white girls and my novelty as a newcomer might fade.

On the other hand, NYC seems to be an uphill battle for me. I'd have to battle several factors:
- American women are heavier than European women, thin ones are rarer, making targets rarer
- White women are top of the peeking order here, raising the hurdles more
- Age gaps are looked down upon here more (though I'm not against age-appropriate dating, it's just that post-40, most U.S. women look really busted)
- The U.S. aesthetic is huge and loud. I'm lean and cultured. Would I have to change this? I don't want to change this.

Thoughts?

Go to Germany and see if you like it.
If you do, you do, if it doesn't work out so what? - at least you found out For YOURSELF.
Personally I find the way Germany works too robotic for me.
I'd prefer the Balkan states myself.

PS no offense but I think your posts scream analysis paralysis.
Go for a month or two to Germany and see if you like it.

I think using an academic position to get close to college girls is going to be a tough one at your age. The stigma in Germany regarding professor-student relations is...harsh, to say the least. It doesn't help that most German girls are unsightly cows that are generally suspicious of foreigners. Those girls really aren't worth the risk of ruining your career and reputation. Why not stay in NYC and take some trips around Central and Eastern Europe? Seems like they love American guys over there, especially if they're guys who have their shit together in terms of career and life experience.

Maybe it's just me, but lately I've noticed a lot more Asian guys like you. They're in shape, and have style, but I can see something is lacking. You need to start establishing some wins. Go wherever a guy like you would be exotic or a novelty to practice. This will be your lab to see what works for you, and why it works. Look through old threads on maintaining frame, and body language. Confidence is always a key to success. You can still live where you are and focus on stacking your money, and go play somewhere else.

Read threads on places like Iceland, Estonia, Lithuania, etc. Don't let Germany be the only consideration.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I agree with Vinman.

I don't think Germany would be a win for you.

If I had $1M in assets, which I don't. I would head to Ukraine, Balkans, Baltics and live happily ever after. I am assuming with those assets you are getting residual income.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

i don't understand what you want! Do you want to find one LTR or smash strange on a regular basis?

if you have the money and I assume the lifestyle, then check out the sugar baby sites for new prey! Lookup a thread about seekingarrangement.com for pointers on how to do it without having to pay.

Not sure why you're fixated on Germany, its no pussy paradise

You could, however, use it as a base to hit up neighboring countries, Poland, Czech, Scandanavia

Pm sent along the lines you are not really challenging yourself. Lots of cool sounding achievements but you seem bored.

As others said, why limit yourself to USA or Germany? There are plenty of other countries you could live on for a lot less than these two. You're in a really good position financially, and that gives you lots of options.

Why don't you go take a year off traveling, seeing the world, relocating for a while in a relaxing place, doing something you love?

Or going to the most exciting markets in the world, China or Brazil and see if you can cook something up with your credentials?

Thanks for all your feedback.

Onetouch - no offense taken. Yes, I've been guilty of analysis paralysis before.

Atlant, vinman, rudebwoy - I've done the travel thing. I used to go to Brazil a lot. This quote from a Roosh article rang true with me. I'm less interested in leveraging my foreignness and economic privilege than getting real skill nowadays.

"Brazil used to a be a popular place in the 80s and early 90s for American men to visit and get some easy loving from sexy women who were impressed with gringos. Times have changed: Brazil’s economic miracle has created an entire class of snobby girls who rather play on their $1000 iPhones than give love to an American traveler."

http://www.returnofkings.com/3059/the-5-...o-get-laid

It was more like the early 2000s in my case, but the argument still holds.

Rudebwoy - yes, residual income but my portfolio is pretty high beta. I make six-figures, which is mostly what I live off of. I reinvest the residual income.

Flyboy - I want to smash on a regular basis. I think I could find an ok LTR under current circumstances. Well, I have money, but I don't know if I have the baller lifestyle. I spend a fair amount of money on sports and travel, but I'm not a fan of spending on peacocking.

I have decent clothes, but no fancy watches or cars. I'm wondering if I have to start spending on those things to get the kind of women I'm seeking.

Space, CleanSlate - This is a fair question. I'm not only interested in the women in Germany, but the lifestyle and culture there. I've felt at ease there because many of them can speak English, and the women are pretty straightforward and educated. They have personalities that I like.

I like the cosmopolitanism of Germany. I feel like if I went to a more economically-disadvantaged locale, I'd have an unfair, unearned advantage. (then again, you could say that for tall guys too! But you can lose economic advantage, you can't lose height.)

Scandinavia and the Czech Republic are options. I've visited the Czech Republic and have Czech friends. I've never been to Scandinavia. I suppose the reason I'm fixated on Germany is that I've had recent success there, and it's the place I have most experience with.

Many German cities are a little like the areas of NYC I know, but with thinner, prettier and more approachable girls. Germany is also more diverse than Scandinavia and the Czech Republic.

offthereservation - agreed. thank you.

Vacancier Permanent - I've travelled a lot. It's too easy to jump on a plane nowadays, so I've been spending a lot more money on combining travel and doing interesting things -- climbing Mt. Blanc, for example, is on my list. So a more permanent base to return to appeals to me.

I like NYC and I like my job. But along the lines of offthereservation, yes, maybe I need a new challenge. I wondered if Germany might be the place for it.

Since you've been to Brasil, how good is your portuguese? If you speak it fluently or even enough to hold a conversation, if you were to post up there for a few months, you'd get to fluency in no time and that would open great opportunities there for you.

Quote: (08-10-2015 07:01 AM)Aureole Wrote:  

I just turned 40 this year. For the most part, I've done as many say, dedicated my energies to personal development, and have done relatively well in life.

- Net worth ($1M+ … this is ok, not spectacular, I know)
- Live in Manhattan
- 2 advanced degrees from prestigious schools
- braggable job (to some crowds)
- well-traveled and well-read
- In excellent shape (competitive athlete, <10% body fat, look mid-30s)

To be fair, I've done ok relationship-wise. Certainly being a well-rounded person has helped. I'm fairly charismatic. But I've mostly bagged women who are most 6s and 7s for a number of reasons.

- I'm horrible at closing, nice guy issues -- great at opening though, no approach anxiety
- I'm short (5'4")
- I'm a health nut, never been much for clubs and bars (I've read a lot about how day game is that much harder)
- I'm Asian

Traveling in Europe, specifically Germany, I've had the opportunity to bang some hot, young white women (some P4P admittedly, some not). I would like to again. It's really the only thing I think about nowadays.

I'm pretty much happy with life otherwise. I think I'd be ok with my 6s and 7s if I hadn't opened this Pandora's Box, and if I was younger. At 40, the 6s and 7s I know are turning into 3s and 4s as their metabolism slows and skin damage settles in. Life is short. Beautiful women are the thing that brings me most joy and the thing I'm lacking most nowadays.

I'm facing a crossroads. Should I (1) uproot my life to head to Germany to fulfill this ambition, or (2) stay in NYC and just refine my game?

Have you not thought about relocating to the UK? The women there are the cream of the crop in Europe, bar none.

Quote: (08-10-2015 11:42 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Since you've been to Brasil, how good is your portuguese? If you speak it fluently or even enough to hold a conversation, if you were to post up there for a few months, you'd get to fluency in no time and that would open great opportunities there for you.

My Portuguese is pretty rusty. As a measure of how good things were when I was going, I used to be able to get away with my much better Spanish.

From what I understand of the professional culture, Brazil is not a place I want to work. Developing countries are generally sweatshops.

Also, when I was going, the real was 3 to a dollar. I was last there in 2012. Now, my dollars can barely keep up!

Quote: (08-10-2015 01:44 PM)Feldeinsamkeit Wrote:  

Have you not thought about relocating to the UK? The women there are the cream of the crop in Europe, bar none.

[Image: stare-down-o.gif]

Americans are dreamers too

I actually lived, studied and worked in London for a few months in 2013. I lived in Maida Vale, which admittedly isn't the hottest part of town, but it was central. When I wasn't there, I was usually in Camden or Shoreditch.

My results were not great. I didn't find the women that attractive, and judging by their reaction to me, they didn't find me that much of a prospect either.

This brings to mind another unscientific piece of evidence that I used to set my direction: Judging by who's contacted, liked, or even looked at me over Tinder or OKC in the places I've been, German cities have been the most encouraging.

NYC would be ok, but the women tend not to be as slim, and I get fewer hits from white girls. London was pretty non-existent. I went out instead, and still I wasn't very encouraging. It may be because it was during the winter, but you can't say that I didn't try.

Why do you think you'll do better in Germany than NYC. Assuming we are talking about one of the big cities in Germany they have a very strong economy so it's not as though you will be much better off economically. I don't really see the advantage to going from NYC to Germany.

If you are going to do this go somewhere where atleast your money will go further. Congrats on having 1 Million+!

Quote: (08-10-2015 03:12 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

[Image: stare-down-o.gif]

[Image: kqiu9.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

If you are basing your choice on a few likes from online game, then you are in for a letdown.

I am assuming you have visited Germany.

As for UK, dude is trolling.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Have you seen the current exchange rate between the USD and the Brazilian Real? As of right now, it's 1US$=3.44 Reais!

How good is your German if you're so keen on going to Teutonsland?

Quote: (08-10-2015 03:01 PM)Aureole Wrote:  

Quote: (08-10-2015 11:42 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

My Portuguese is pretty rusty. As a measure of how good things were when I was going, I used to be able to get away with my much better Spanish.

From what I understand of the professional culture, Brazil is not a place I want to work. Developing countries are generally sweatshops.

Also, when I was going, the real was 3 to a dollar. I was last there in 2012. Now, my dollars can barely keep up!

Your life sounds pretty good, your main problem seems to be that you are just too nice. Thinking that being rich in a poor country is somehow an "unfair" advantage is absurd. I have known people like you: nice and charismatic, can approach and befriend people at will, but have problems closing. As a short, Asian guy I think you have to be far more of a cocky asshole.

Also, check out Buddha's threads on living in Europe if you haven't already.

Quote: (08-10-2015 07:01 AM)Aureole Wrote:  

Should I (1) uproot my life to head to Germany to fulfill this ambition, or (2) stay in NYC and just refine my game?

Been to Germany twice and visit NYC 1-2 times a week. Not Asian though. Agree that Germany will be less romantic than where you are now.
[Image: DSC_30222-290x290.jpg]
Why you would leave a major international English speaking city for countries where you have a new layer of miscommunication?
Manhattan is style sensitive. Since you're height challenged, how do you dress?
Hot girls are walking all over the city. Do you make eye contact with these 8+s?

I hate these numbers by the way. Everyone uses them, but they have to do mostly with your sexual excitement at the moment. You need to do street game and better understand nonverbal interest. Go to Whole Foods and talk to them, odds are some will be down. You need the time and the right places to roam.

Your other option is provider game in Eastern Europe, but why don't you instead go where your quarries likely are and go through quantity to get quality?

I met an Asian American in Czech that was doing rather well for himself in regards to the ladies.Guy was mid 40s.

I agree with Akwesi. You've lived with an "unfair" disadvantage your whole life with your height. It's good that you didn't let it hold you back and you don't have a self-pity air. But you didn't ask to be born short and girls in Ukraine didn't ask to be born in a shithole.

Going to a less developed country with hot chicks as a financially independent man is no more taking advantage then standing up straight and dressing well as a built guy. You earned it, so why not use it?

If you are worried what others would think, just know that most men would envy having your options no matter what they say.