rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cordoba Reboot

Cordoba Reboot

First post. As a long time lurker and younger guy (early 20s) I'd like to express gratitude to the members of this forum. I've benefited quite a bit from the knowledge base that you've all provided and feel a strong obligation to begin paying it forward by sharing my own experiences.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to ask for some advice.

In two days I will begin participation in a 3 week medical internship located in Cordoba, Argentina. I've read the previous threads on Cordoba and there's a lot of good information.

Personal Details
I'll be living with a host family. While this is fantastic from a cultural perspective it is not so ideal for swooping latinas. Nevertheless I'm going to try. It seems that apart from my responsibility to communicate with my host family, I have the liberty to spend my downtime as I please, staying out as late as I want.

What is my best move after I get settled in? Are previously mentioned nightlife venues still relevant? Should I pipeline? My spanish is just short of fluent. I've heard that in latin america you need to be more aggressive than places like eastern europe. Is this true? Any general knowledge I should know about Argentine culture? I realize that 3 weeks is too short to find a proper girl, so was planning on trying for a series of short flings. Is this feasible in what seems to be an uppity / somewhat conservative culture?

I'm quite good at day game and pipelining, but my night game could use work. Past experience and intuition indicate that my SMV hovers somewhere around 8 as I am meticulous about staying fit, and get opened by girls that I consider attractive very frequently. Does this affect my game style?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I intend on updating this thread with any useful information that I encounter, once my boots are on the ground.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry.

Cordoba Reboot

Quote: (08-09-2015 03:36 PM)hooked_on_tonics Wrote:  

I'll be living with a host family. While this is fantastic from a cultural perspective it is not so ideal for swooping latinas. Nevertheless I'm going to try. It seems that apart from my responsibility to communicate with my host family, I have the liberty to spend my downtime as I please, staying out as late as I want.
I hope your family lives in Nueva Cordoba if not try to spend as much time possible in there. If i were you i would tell girls im looking at the opportunity of doing a 1 year internship and getting my own apartment.

Should I pipeline? My spanish is just short of fluent. I've heard that in latin america you need to be more aggressive than places like eastern europe. Is this true?
Get on tinder now!
Girls in there are pretty straight forward and if they like you they will let you know, you dont need to play any games or force anything.

Any general knowledge I should know about Argentine culture? I realize that 3 weeks is too short to find a proper girl, so was planning on trying for a series of short flings. Is this feasible in what seems to be an uppity / somewhat conservative culture?
Cordoba does not equal Argentina, specially Nueva Cordoba, its pretty much a city for young people going to college from all over the world. There are a lot of tourists and most of them like you are only there for the university, and they all live in their own apartment.
Yes there is an uppity culture, being frugal will not help you at all, specially now that everything is dirt cheap over there. Most girls are from middle-upper class.
I have heard from guys and girls who lived there that most people arent into formal relationships nowadays.

Past experience and intuition indicate that my SMV hovers somewhere around 8 as I am meticulous about staying fit, and get opened by girls that I consider attractive very frequently. Does this affect my game style?
If what you say is true you should leave your house everyday dressed like a GQ model, Argentinians are very well known for their fashion sense, dont use t-shirts or any stuff like that. You will see model quality girls at every corner you can open them just by asking directions, i asked for directions to the same place every day for a week.

Cordoba Reboot

Quote: (08-09-2015 05:30 PM)dog24 Wrote:  

Yes there is an uppity culture, being frugal will not help you at all, specially now that everything is dirt cheap over there.

I read that Cordoba was one of the most inexpensive cities in the world, less expensive than some serious third world shitholes in India and the like.

Cordoba Reboot

Quote:Quote:

If i were you i would tell girls im looking at the opportunity of doing a 1 year internship and getting my own apartment.

I forgot to ask about insinuating a longer stay, but I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll go ahead and follow that script.

Quote:Quote:

Cordoba does not equal Argentina, specially Nueva Cordoba, its pretty much a city for young people going to college from all over the world. There are a lot of tourists and most of them like you are only there for the university, and they all live in their own apartment.

Thanks for clarifying- this is quite helpful

Madison, WI Datasheet

Cordoba Reboot

Best of lucks with the cordobesas hooked_on_tonics!

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Cordoba Reboot

I was just in Cordoba a few weeks ago passing through. Dude, when your boots hit the ground... Shake them out and watch where you step. I arose at 5am in my hotel to take a piss only to come within about an inch of stepping on a fucking scorpion the size of my palm. They are attracted to the indoor heat in the winter time.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Cordoba Reboot

Quote: (08-10-2015 05:02 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

I was just in Cordoba a few weeks ago passing through. Dude, when your boots hit the ground... Shake them out and watch where you step. I arose at 5am in my hotel to take a piss only to come within about an inch of stepping on a fucking scorpion the size of my palm. They are attracted to the indoor heat in the winter time.

Hahaha I was warned about scorpions, thanks for the reminder. I just arrived and the German dude that's also being hosted by this family showed me a pretty wicked scorpion related scar that he acquired.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Cordoba Reboot

First post. As a long time lurker and younger guy (early 20s) I'd like to express gratitude to the members of this forum. I've benefited quite a bit from the knowledge base that you've all provided and feel a strong obligation to begin paying it forward by sharing my own experiences.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to ask for some advice.

In two days I will begin participation in a 3 week medical internship located in Cordoba, Argentina. I've read the previous threads on Cordoba and there's a lot of good information.

Personal Details

What is my best move after I get settled in? Are previously mentioned nightlife venues still relevant? Should I pipeline? My spanish is just short of fluent. I've heard that in latin america you need to be more aggressive than places like eastern europe. Is this true? Any general knowledge I should know about Argentine culture? I realize that 3 weeks is too short to find a proper girl, so was planning on trying for a series of short flings. Is this feasible in what seems to be an uppity / somewhat conservative culture?

For day game, take a walk through Parque Sarmiento. There will be girls walking through it on their way to the university or their jobs. Here is a visual of where you need to be:

[Image: 058_zpsry3se96w.jpg]

One spot I murdered with day game was the bus station. There's lots of hot chicks coming and going. Here is what the talent looks like at the Terminal de Omnibus:

[Image: 070_zpsguooibw8.jpg][Image: 071_zpsprcm5mp6.jpg]

In Neuva Cordoba, there are bars and clubs spread throughout. In Zona Chateau, there are some hot edm clubs, but this area is quite a ways outside of downtown. I'd recommend not taking any women back to your host's house for the bang; this would be disrespectful. Keep handy the address of a local telo.

As for being aggressive, don't expect women to walk up and open on you. You will have to make the approach and initiate. In general, all of the women I talked to were very receptive--none blew me off or ignored me. Don't go in expecting same night bangs; Argentine women are nowhere near as slutty as American women.

Take a picture of a scorpion and post it on here.

Cordoba Reboot

Thanks for the intel and pictures vampire, helps a bunch.

My first impressions corroborate the RVF affinity for second tier cities. Before arriving in Cordoba I did a quick week holiday in Buenos Aires with my dad and I've already noticed a huge difference in the way that I'm perceived. In Buenos Aires I seemed to get the "ugh, another foreigner *eyeroll*" treatment. Whereas in Cordoba when latinas hear me speaking in English their ears perk up with curiosity and interest. That being said, it's evident that I'm going to have to do most of the legwork on initiation. This is fine with me. Lots of really fit, sultry college aged girls running around that are waiting for a foreigner to sweep them off their feet. My German roommate fairs especially well with his blond hair and blue eyes. I'm just enjoying the lack of obesity and entitlement that I've become accustomed to in America.

I completely agree about not bringing girls home to my host families house for a bang, still brainstorming ways around that.

As an added bonus I found out that me and the german dude are two of only four guys in my program of 38 total program participants. As such we are a high commodity for all the 20 something European girls who want to travel the world and volunteer (read: suck foreigner dick). Grabbing wine with a French and Swedish girl in 20 minutes.

I'll report back once I have a better understanding of the city.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Cordoba Reboot

Recently found out that a RVF member (who will remain unnamed) is banging my project coordinator.

Madison, WI Datasheet

Cordoba Reboot

Another Rooshite in Cordoba? Cool!

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina