rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Avoiding fake profiles in your online game...

I hope that's the best section to post this thread.

So I've been in web/app development for years, including working in security and it often puzzles me how many fake profiles apps like Badoo/Meetme have. The same also applies to a great extend to Tagged(Hi5) and to a lesser extent to Facebook.

So, I'll try to give some tips and will love to hear what your ways guys are to catch a fake profile online.

1. Google "Search by image" if the the girl on the pic is too hot to be true.
That one is self-explanatory, most people have heard of it by now but if you haven't just do some research and you'd see how you can simply google ones picture and then if there's mismatch between what google gives you as a result and the name on the girl you're chatting with: 99% she's a fake.

2. Descriptions can be fake also. Recently I discovered something hilarious on the app Mocospace. Basically, almost all descriptions on profiles there are copy/pasted (stolen) from some sort of dating website in Arizona etc. Of course you can claim it's vice-versa but the website had older profiles and mocospace has also trouble searching between girls vs guys - my bet is on them. So, just copy her description and paste it on google with quotation marks to see if google returns anything.

3. Modelling photo - self-explanatory, don't bother with 9s who look like on a picture taken with 40+ megapixel Nokia...

4. Mismatch between country and name/looks. Here's another thing. I am not an American, I am from small country in eastern europe (Bulgaria) and hence I can easily tell when a profile on Badoo is really from bulgaria or not. Because, the fakes cannot tell the differences between eastern european countries and assume that a girl with the name of "Xenia" and looking very Slavic will look trustworthy in places like Poland or Bulgaria...or Hungary. Yet, no girl in these countries will bear a Russian name and will look "russian". Not to mention how you see about 10%+ of the profiles being black, despite the fact that black people in eastern europe are very uncommon - there's also way too many Muslim women on Badoo in those countries, despite muslims there being very small %.
My advice: Either research extensively the country you're interested in...or simply stick to women from your country so you won't get catfished by a girl called "Xenia Ivanova" from...Romania 0_0.

5. Sexuality: There's a big chance that a hot girl who has written bisexual/lesbian on the profile is just a teenage guy looking to exchange pics with other "hot lesbians".

6. Ask to see your "love interest" on camera or call her ASAP. Also, don't rely on single contact - keep contact simultaneously with 5+ girls and make dates on the same day whenever possible.

7. Finally, avoid the following services:

Badoo, Tagged/Hi5 and...maybe meetme.

Stick to: Facebook, Tinder and just maybe: Meetme.

For now...will add more later.

You either put way too much thought into this or I've just become extremely effective at screening out fake profiles.

OKCupid: Incomplete profiles or generic copy & paste information.
Match/POF: Same
Tinder: Responds within 3 messages with spam or a link

In my opinion you need to stop spending time on those other crappy websites. If that's your only option because of your location, I don't know what to tell you.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

- Less than stellar English ability
- Weird age range (ex: 25-75)
- Listing of all races/ethnicities
- Lists as living in your area in her page but then writes in description that she's in another country.

Yeah. Tagged can be a bitch, but it usually works for densely populated countries. I thought I found a great lead on Tagged, but she ended up being a scammer/gold digger.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (08-08-2015 09:48 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

You either put way too much thought into this or I've just become extremely effective at screening out fake profiles.

OKCupid: Incomplete profiles or generic copy & paste information.
Match/POF: Same
Tinder: Responds within 3 messages with spam or a link

In my opinion you need to stop spending time on those other crappy websites. If that's your only option because of your location, I don't know what to tell you.

I agree majority of fake profiles are extremely easy to spot but if you don't use any sort of screening you will most likely get faked out at some point and probably never find out(not a big deal just time wasted). Some profiles are basically impossible to detect by looking at them so I recommend doing a check anyway on women you are communicating with.

One example on OKC that was the best fake I've seen probably. It was a blonde woman about a solid 8 in looks with a completely realistic profile and pics(pics were local to my area). The thing that threw me off at first was she was responding to my emails pretty fast for someone that attractive. Using a google search I was able to track down her facebook account which showed her with some guy. Obviously my suspicion was way up so I asked for her number on OKC email. I get the number, do a facebook phone search and it's some fucking guy. So out of curiosity I told the guy on OKC that I knew the profile was a fake and asked why he was doing it. He simply said he liked pretending to be a girl and I was the only person to ever catch him. Basically the guy would just troll guys along, then troll over text message. I told him good luck and I wouldn't report him because he was a good at keeping the other guys occupied.

Quote: (08-08-2015 01:57 PM)Seboist Wrote:  

- Less than stellar English ability

Specific examples:
* "inbox me" - as opposed to msg me or email me.
* looking for an "honest", "caring", "godfearing" man. In this case the scammer's actually honest, s/he is looking for a sucker. An RVF vet would laugh at being described that way.

Quote: (08-12-2015 02:02 PM)RockHard Wrote:  

Specific examples:
* "inbox me" - as opposed to msg me or email me.

I've found that this is actually some new trend or slang, heard it multiple times now other places.

Americans are dreamers too

I've never found fake profiles to be a problem.