rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dual citizenship from a poor country

Hi all,
I can get Moldavian citizenship if I want to, but have no plans to visit/live there and havent been there since I was a kid. Should I obtain Moldavian passport? what are the pros and cons? In the future I want to retire but the only options are SEA or Latin America so dont need the passport for that.

Quote: (08-06-2015 01:22 AM)bjjay Wrote:  

Hi all,
I can get Moldavian citizenship if I want to, but have no plans to visit/live there and haven't been there since I was a kid. Should I obtain Moldavian passport? what are the pros and cons? In the future I want to retire but the only options are SEA or Latin America so dont need the passport for that.

SOUNDS like it doesn't fit into your life-plan.

But, consider what you want to use it for:

Travel?
To have a separate ID for starting new businesses?
Or for new (and more private) financial or banking relationships?
An escape hatch (in case of crisis)?

Or just a novelty?

One consideration is simple: cost. I doubt Moldova PP costs a lot, but sometimes this matters because it is pricey.

Let's get very practical and simple. Suppose you get married. Your wife turns out to be a real ball buster - a Biatch!

But you have this alternate PP - and you can set up a safety deposit box,
and fill it with cash and gold that she doesn't know about and she can't
attach (in case of divorce - because private, unknown to her).....

I say, DO IT!

Simple asset protection, just in case.... (Shhhh - keep it private. Otherwise, you lose the convenient advantages).

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

No reason not to do it, count yourself lucky that you have the option.

Americans are dreamers too

I guess I'm gonna do it.

Quote: (08-06-2015 03:16 AM)Orson Wrote:  

Travel?

Or just a novelty?

One consideration is simple: cost. I doubt Moldova PP costs a lot, but sometimes this matters because it is pricey.

Let's get very practical and simple. Suppose you get married. Your wife turns out to be a real ball buster - a Biatch!

I say, DO IT!

Simple asset protection, just in case.... (Shhhh - keep it private. Otherwise, you lose the convenient advantages).

Several things:

The law in my country is that I only can get out of the country with the passport of this country because I'm a citizen.

New businesses - did you mean in other countries? what is the advantage to use the second passport for that? The same about the bank account, in other countries?

Thanks!

Be mindful that once you acquire citizenship status of country, you may be required to perform certain duties such as military service etc.

If this doesn't apply for Moldova, then there really is no reason to not register yourself as a citizen.

Quote: (08-06-2015 03:47 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

Be mindful that once you acquire citizenship status of country, you may be required to perform certain duties such as military service etc.

even without entering the country?

Quote: (08-06-2015 04:13 AM)bjjay Wrote:  

Quote: (08-06-2015 03:47 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

even without entering the country?

Yes

I think a little more research on your part would be prudent. Starting with the relevant Moldavian web pages on citizenship

Americans are dreamers too

Moldovan citizenship maybe a start to get Romanian citizenship, which is part of the EU.
Do mind, if this is the case, that it is a long process.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Typically (i speak of most countries in
general) you are not liable for military service if not resident in the country. Though if you visit,you might be at risk. Best check before getting the PP and check again before any visits.

Note that a passport is only proofof ID and citizenship; if you're Moldovan, you're still Moldovan and subject to any obligations even if you don't get the PP (though of course if you were born in the US, Moldova might not know you exist.)

Typical advantages are youcan work in the country as long asyou want, visit as long and as often as you want, own property (if it is not allowed to foreigners.) If you stay long enough to be considered a resident you willowe taxes. Not only are you allowedto vote, but some countries REQUIRE their citizens to vote (mail-in paper ballot obviously.)

In general I would say go for it, so you have it if you ever need it (getting proof of your birth, citizenship of your parents etc. takes time.)

And by the way it's also useful to speak the language, so take advantage of the opportunity to practive speaking with parents and relatives, studying grammar etc.

Romania is part of the EU to my knowledge. So Moldova should be as well or close behind.

I would say 100% to getting a passport, EU passport means you can roam and work in Europe freely.

I have one and it is a prized possession.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (08-06-2015 03:38 AM)bjjay Wrote:  

I guess I'm gonna do it.

Quote: (08-06-2015 03:16 AM)Orson Wrote:  

Travel?

Or just a novelty?

I say, DO IT!

Several things:

The law in my country is that I only can get out of the country with the passport of this country because I'm a citizen.

New businesses - did you mean in other countries? what is the advantage to use the second passport for that? The same about the bank account, in other countries?

Thanks!

"New businesses - did you mean in other countries? what is the advantage to use the second passport for that?"

Because you can set up a business using that other PP and your name on it, instead of the other one.

This allows you the freedom to disclose or not disclose certain information.
For example, you may find that the tax burden on profit retained in the company in a different nation is less than what you would pay in another.

For some nations, this is extremely helpful for survival, not just making a living. Suppose you come from a conflict zone like Libya or Syria. Having another PP give you freedom to leave to another nation - one more peaceful and safe. To be stateless and without papers means you are at the mercy of whatever help you find, or don't.

Banks care about your identity (ie, the PP) in order to not be used for criminal purposes. They also need a physical address. And this might be in the country of your birth; the country of the second PP, or a third country.

If you have company, you will also need a bank. And it may or not be in the same country as your new company.

At any rate, having a second PP gives you options. Options mean new choices and new freedoms - things that can make you more mobile and more free to make money and travel, as well as cope with emergencies.

Another use for second PP is easy travel from a natural disaster. Suppose your home city is flooded. Your family and friends are there, but their homes are damaged, like yours. What to do?

Go to another country! Like, one where you already have business ties or connections - a company and bank account is a good start! This can help you work on your own, or else find jobs and make an income: move and go back to work while others with more lost or damaged property take care of themselves, and you are out of harms way.

If you travel on your one passport, you may not be so desirable to come to neighboring country. It is too disruptive for them to welcome you. But, on a second PP, you are just another tourist passing through, not a "refugee" that will cost them too much money and trouble.

I hope these brief answers are a start for you to see some of the advantages of having another PP.

Of course, much of this - whether retreat to safety from war or disasters - is more important if one is from a smaller or poorer country than if you come from a large and richer nation.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

always get another passport if you have the option. You'd be an idiot not to