rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whats it like to have status?

Has anybody here have any experience with having some form of status before or been in a room where you were a high status guy there?

I'm curious what the experience you get from people were like base on actual experience?

Most men have some status around their close friends. It's basically the same but larger and with strangers.

A lot of sharing, people seeking you out to talk, listening and deference to your opinion, people offering you things just to offer it. Big emphasis on sharing, if you are high status and you are with high status then you share it. It very much becomes a collective abundance mindset. Women take notice and there is a lot of blatant staring and trying to get close to you.

The attraction is hard for me to qualify exactly. Women seem attracted to the spirit of status, not necessarily the trappings of it.

Well I use to play D1 football at my college. I got free gas (sometimes), free clothes, money from the boosters and teachers loved me.

Quote: (07-25-2015 02:14 AM)RickyWax Wrote:  

Well I use to play D1 football at my college. I got free gas (sometimes), free clothes, money from the boosters and teachers loved me.

Did teachers give you the benefit of a doubt? How were the girls? What type of clothes did you get?

OP, why don't you tell us specifics about your situation (eg age, area, job etc) before we can tell you "how to project high status?" Your situation is different from those that may have very little in common with you and your lifestyle.

Yeah I had it once a long while back, the situation where there is a sudden step-change in your status as a result of demonstrating some skills people didn't know you had. It's like night and day. Like a switch just got flipped. Being the same physical person but suddenly the hot girls you were invisible to are making a point of smiling and saying "Hiii Phoenix!". If you can think of a way to gain and display high status in your social community, it is a game changer.

You don't have to become Gene Simmons either. Sometimes just being a leader of a pub crawl can be enough for some girls to hunger for the D.

Quote: (07-25-2015 02:46 AM)blacktree Wrote:  

Did teachers give you the benefit of a doubt? How were the girls? What type of clothes did you get?

First question, Sometimes and most of us were in the same classes. However they never boosted my grades that I can recall.

Second question, The girls were easy. I had them at my recruit meets and parties so you can figure that out. Most girls like you because of your status. However the quality girls wont f-ck with you, if you want them you have to put in some serious work. So yeah, you can fuck all the girls you want at the parties but they're the ones you could care less about, and the ones you actually want you have to work for.

Third question, I had a lot of customized school gear. I had shorts/jackets/sweats with the team sponsors and label of the specific sport we played (football). You can only get these if your an athlete, so you can't order them online or purchase them. I also had two pairs of shoes to work out in.

I used to be the leader of the student association at my college, won the election by majority. More people that talk to me, but the same flakiness and the same LMR. If you have no game (like I didn't have in that time), status is nothing.

^^ Similarly to Rawmeo's post above, status doesn't do much unless you "wear it well."

There's of course extreme status, national fame, which you'd actually need to learn to down play it to avoid unwanted attention.

However, status isn't always something that travels with you. I have status in my field of work locally, and at the local gym, and maybe in a few bars/clubs, but beyond that, if your name doesn't "precede you," we're all in the same boat besides vibe and frame.

Vibe and frame can carry you well into the realm of someone with "status," even if you're playing on their turf.

The difference is status carries a notion of preconceived trust along with it. I.e."That cat has status so he must be "safer" to be around, buddy up to, or in the case of pussy, fuck for the night.

Probably some one of the best evolutionary components of status are the ability to quickly gain trust, happy go luckiness (not the used car salesmen douche type), and a solid balance between introversion and extroversion.

The people I know with status are both good in large and medium sized groups, as well as one to one conversing and relationships. And a quick way to lose status is lose that balance or not provide time needed to maintain your image.

Read "The 48 Laws of Power" for a guide on how to create your own image that you want others to perceive of you. You can demonstrate high value in your own circle you run with and branch out from there. A lot of it is just confidence, frame, and creating an air of mystery about yourself. It's a fascinating topic.

Quote: (07-25-2015 01:51 AM)blacktree Wrote:  

Has anybody here have any experience with having some form of status before or been in a room where you were a high status guy there?

I'm curious what the experience you get from people were like base on actual experience?

Stage fright is what happens when someone with low status is suddenly thrust into a high status role.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

You have status when you're in a public environment and other people (i.e. women and everyone else as well) notice you have high value.

This happens easiest when you're out with a group of friends and you're just having a good time and there are no cares really and when women notice this. Nothing of this matters though unless you take action. You need to leverage your status at the time and use it to your advantage.

I've been situations where I've had great and high status (out with friends. Looking great, having a good time), and low status (i.e. rolling solo. no social value, etc.). I would say having status with friends/etc. is easier but rolling solo shows you have balls and makes your character grow.

Just get yourself an entourage with cameras and some fake bodyguards and you can experience it too!

http://www.downvids.net/normal-guy-fools...34780.html

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Hey Blacktree
Your status is like a sum total of your achievements, money made, style, history or current girls you have had, posture, etc. Some of this depends on the context and how much the people around you know about you, but that is not the only way to look at it. You can make moves that intentionally send a message of status for a particular situation.

Let me give you a seemingly obvious example from Roosh's own DC even a couple weeks ago. Assuming most people didn't know each other and had never met, there were details that gave some guys instant status in the room. If someone shows up fit, in a suit that fits properly, well spoken, and with a gold ticket then status is instant and recognizable by everyone. That doesn't mean there is anything "wrong" with the noob in the back of the room overweight and in a t shirt and with a posture that says I need this lecture. Every man's journey is different.

Which brings me to your question. I think you are asking "what is it like?" Real status is like being respected or admired or being seen as an expert. The body language and reaction of the men around you when you arrive tells the others what is up. It is like an unstoppable wave of good vibe all heading toward you. The women react to both you and to the reaction that they see other men and women having about you.

When you are a man that people come to for with trust, and know your and responsibility or expertise, you get to experience this. When you also surround yourself with the appropriate external signs of your success you also get some of this from strangers.

Quote: (07-25-2015 02:10 AM)dog Wrote:  

Most men have some status around their close friends. It's basically the same but larger and with strangers.

A lot of sharing, people seeking you out to talk, listening and deference to your opinion, people offering you things just to offer it. Big emphasis on sharing, if you are high status and you are with high status then you share it. It very much becomes a collective abundance mindset. Women take notice and there is a lot of blatant staring and trying to get close to you.

The attraction is hard for me to qualify exactly. Women seem attracted to the spirit of status, not necessarily the trappings of it.

Excellent explanation. Status = admiration in large or small groups.

Of course, status differences are not simply relevant to economic standing, but they appear to be on our minds at all times. As renowned neuroscientist, Michael Gazzaniga, has noted, “When you get up in the morning, you do not think about triangles and squares and these similes that psychologists have been using for the past 100 years. You think about status. You think about where you are in relation to your peers.” Between CEO and employee, quarterback and wide receiver, husband and wife, status looms large. Recent work by social scientists has tackled the topic, elucidating behavioral differences between low-status and high-status individuals, and the methods by which those at the bottom of the totem pole are most successful at climbing to the top.

Excerpt from Scientific American on The Psychology of Social Status. Pretty good read.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

If you're the best-dressed guy in the place, you will always have status.

Quote: (07-25-2015 12:16 PM)RickyWax Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2015 02:46 AM)blacktree Wrote:  

First question, Sometimes and most of us were in the same classes. However they never boosted my grades that I can recall.

Second question, The girls were easy. I had them at my recruit meets and parties so you can figure that out. Most girls like you because of your status. However the quality girls wont f-ck with you, if you want them you have to put in some serious work. So yeah, you can fuck all the girls you want at the parties but they're the ones you could care less about, and the ones you actually want you have to work for.

Third question, I had a lot of customized school gear. I had shorts/jackets/sweats with the team sponsors and label of the specific sport we played (football). You can only get these if your an athlete, so you can't order them online or purchase them. I also had two pairs of shoes to work out in.
Were you a scholarship athlete?

Quote: (07-26-2015 05:58 PM)ksbms Wrote:  

Recent work by social scientists has tackled the topic, elucidating behavioral differences between low-status and high-status individuals, and the methods by which those at the bottom of the totem pole are most successful at climbing to the top.

Excerpt from Scientific American on The Psychology of Social Status. Pretty good read.

+1 rep point for this great article pointer.

It holds up being (1) Generous and (2) Connected as the big factors in status.

In my mind there is also a virtuous cycle effect-- if you are "connected" you start to have more resources with which to be generous, which then fosters more connections....

Quote: (07-27-2015 01:24 PM)blacktree Wrote:  

I thought it was clear when I said "at my recruit meets", was an indication I was a scholarship athlete. But anyways yeah I was a scholarship athlete.

If anyone is curious about the real life of a D1 Athlete whether it's away games, recruit visits, conditioning, practice, etc, ask me.

It can be weird. Especially if the reason for your status is not a complete representation of your own sense of identity.

I used to do TV appearances when I lived in Tianjin. I was routinely recognized in public by people who had seen me on TV and thought that I was the coolest, but that really isn't even a basis to start a conversation. Leads to a lot of awkward situations.

Status will only do you favours if you know how to leverage it into something that you want.

Back then, I had no idea how to do that.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (07-28-2015 12:48 PM)RickyWax Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2015 01:24 PM)blacktree Wrote:  

I thought it was clear when I said "at my recruit meets", was an indication I was a scholarship athlete. But anyways yeah I was a scholarship athlete.

If anyone is curious about the real life of a D1 Athlete whether it's away games, recruit visits, conditioning, practice, etc, ask me.

Did the QB get more attention then everynody else? How did you guys treat the walk ons and whats the most important physical trait?

I was a white guy in Inglewood.

Also, whenever I visit my hometown, especially if I hang out with a younger crowd, I'm definitely the coolest person they've ever met and they know it.
What's it like? It's not as if there's free pussy lying around, but you'll definitely find that you're welcome EVERYWHERE. Doesn't matter how long I've known someone, the minute they think you're the shit they're inviting you out to other people's parties, join in on the blow, have a beer, etc

Quote: (08-03-2015 12:50 AM)blacktree Wrote:  

Did the QB get more attention then everynody else? How did you guys treat the walk ons and whats the most important physical trait?

Everybody knows who the QB is, doesn't matter what school or level. Yes our QB had a lot of attention but he had a girl the whole time so he didn't go out much.

The walk ons were treated alright but there were some guys hating. But whenever a walk on was given the chance, they performed well. I' m gonna be honest but not every scholarship athlete deserved to be there. The walk ons were overall better people then the scholarship athletes who were only here due to their combine times and size.

Easily speed. Coaches will always pick speed over size anyday. You could bench 400, hit like a rock, but it's all useless if you're not quick enough to take down the running back.

I forgot who said it on this forum, but go where you're treated best, and you will just exude your comfort and dominance.

I'm still working on upping my general SMV and game, but one place which I KNOW is my stomping ground is a chess club I run with my mates.

Simply put, I'm hands down better than all of them when it comes to chess, and they come to me for advice and acknowledgement. I crack jokes at my buddies' expenses, they throw it back in my face, and I get the last laugh on the chessboard. All in good fun.

I've read that when you have status, you can get away with a whole lot of mistakes than a low status individual. I've seen this to be true. I make stupid mistakes on the board here and there, and instead of recoiling in fear, I feel like I've thrown them a treat. "I DARE you to beat me!" And more often than not, they lose.